Become a Patron!

Where are the US vendor clearance sales?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the apocalypse only days away why aren't more clearing out? Was expecting way more than just Eight Vape. What about Element and Vapor DNA?

Haven't been in a B&M in a long time, wonder what they're doing as well...
Am I missing some news or misunderstanding pmta shutdown?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Everyone is wondering - a lot of places it seems just have not been restocking

My guess is stores, both online and B&M, have gone into "wait and see" mode, just like the rest of us

The can has been kicked down the road several times in the last four years, and there is that request for a delay that may or may not be granted by the court

Also, it seems some sellers are like some of their customers, twiddling their thumbs, thinking it will never happen

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems inventory management would be one the harder parts of vape retail with the constant flood of new products. Some are studs and sell well, bunch of duds to get stuck with that don't sell.

The bigger you are the harder you fall. Maybe the big boys have a back up plan to move stuff overseas if they get shut down here.
Poor mom and pop get stuck.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This is an interesting read VTA - FDA Says It Will NOT Extend September 9 2020 PTMA Deadline

In a nutshell, it states the FDA will not extend the Sept. 9, 2020 deadline for manufacturers to file a PMTA

It also says, that unlike previous deadlines, it WILL NOT allow a sell-off period to allow retailers to sell off non-compliant items

It also reiterates clearly that all vape items that were not on the market before 8.8.16 and are without a PMTA are ASS OUT

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is an interesting read VTA - FDA Says It Will NOT Extend September 9 2020 PTMA Deadline

In a nutshell, it states the FDA will not extend the Sept. 9, 2020 deadline for manufacturers to file a PMTA

It also says, that unlike previous deadlines, it WILL NOT allow a sell-off period to allow retailers to sell off non-compliant items

It also reiterates clearly that all vape items that were not on the market before 8.8.16 and are without a PMTA are ASS OUT
Maybe that's the drop dead the retailer's have been waiting for...that is certainly what it is to all the vendors, no fuck given, drop dead.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They'll still be allowed to sell the products outside the US where the PMTA is not a requirement.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Reason why we saw the super clearance sales we did this past winter was because the vast majority of it was being dumped because it didn't have the nicotine warnings on the packages. They priced it stupid-low to make sure they got rid of it fast. It's just a illegal as selling packs of cigarettes without the required surgeon generals warning on the packages.

Someone else posted this on another site and I thought it was bullshit. But I since checked everything I bought back then for ridiculous prices (and it was a lot lol) and sure enough none of it had the required nicotine warnings on the packages.

That shit's all gone now.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup, NicVape did just that. They strictly only sell/ship to overseas customers now.
The large manufacturers setting up an overseas wholesale distribution network seems logical to me. The smaller manufacturers just don't have enough available resources to try the same.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, NicVape did just that. They strictly only sell/ship to overseas customers now.

I'm a NicRiver customer and I live in Cali too. I am having no problem ordering nic from there right now. (other that the SEVENTEEN [HASH=1114]#@&%ing[/HASH] dollars/liter "Nic tax" per liter!!! :cuss2:...and that's in addition to Cali sales tax too! Add $5.26 for that. :gaah:

But I just ordered from a new place... Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers in Az. Their checkout seems to be pretty low drama. They do verify age.

I heard about this LNW nic on the Reddit vaping sub... some guy raving about it's clarity and tastelessness. So I had to order a bit to test out.

Also, they're not charging the Cali nic tax! :bliss:
Maybe they'll ship to you guys' states too...

Anybody here have experience with LNW nic?

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a NicRiver customer and I live in Cali too. I am having no problem ordering nic from there right now. (other that the SEVENTEEN [HASH=1114]#@&%ing[/HASH] dollars/liter "Nic tax" per liter!!! :cuss2:...and that's in addition to Cali sales tax too! Add $5.26 for that. :gaah:

But I just ordered from a new place... Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers in Az. Their checkout seems to be pretty low drama. They do verify age.

I heard about this LNW nic on the Reddit vaping sub... some guy raving about it's clarity and tastelessness. So I had to order a bit to test out.

Also, they're not charging the Cali nic tax! :bliss:
Maybe they'll ship to you guys' states too...

Anybody here have experience with LNW nic?
I've ordered from them many times with no issues, but that was before...

I've only ordered 100mg salts and it's been fine. Comes sealed in medical grade plastic bottles.

VU Sponsors