Become a Patron!

Which RDA is better than C4 for flavour?

G'day,

I am currently using a C4 clone and even though am smitten by the flavour it gives, am trying to find an (single coil) RDA that can give better flavour. Any recommendations please? I have used and rated below C4 these RDAs: Mjolnir, Mongrel, Ammit 25, hadaly, Serpent Elevate, wasp nano - if that gives an indication of what I am after. The RDA should be squonk friendly and ideally available from fasttech

I was leaning towards buying a Reload S, as pretty close to Hugsvape Thesus (and the fact that Thesus is no longer available) - How does the Reload S perform?

Cheers

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Reload S is great. Same ballpark as C4, a little more air.
I've been eyeing a couple new reviews on interesting single coil RDA's.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mjolnir by all means, if you can find one. Elder Dragon, if you can find one. C4 is good, though.

I'm a big fan of all three of these types. Reload S is good, too.

I read your post again. You think the C4 is better than the Mjolnir? Oh, I disagree there, but to each his own. You might just check how you're building it, though. I LOVE my Mjolnirs.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This one is looking good and there's a couple reviews on it.

Mjolnir by all means, if you can find one. Elder Dragon, if you can find one. C4 is good, though.

I'm a big fan of all three of these types. Reload S is good, too.

I read your post again. You think the C4 is better than the Mjolnir? Oh, I disagree there, but to each his own. You might just check how you're building it, though. I LOVE my Mjolnirs.
Mjolnir was my daily RDA for a long time. I have found Anthony's reviews to be in line with what my findings of various RDAs have been. Its a shame he doesn't review any more.

When I looked around for a better flavour banger (like I am now) I was recommended the C4. Could only purchase the clone - but my experience with the C4 has been fantastic. With exact same coils (3mm ss) and the exact same juice and the exact similar wick I have C4 giving me way, way more flavour than Mjolnir.

While I partially agree (SXK) hadaly could have good flavour - its just too little for me and gets very hot even with a few long drags. I often wondered if the hadaly was made for people with all the time in the world - take a drag - gets very hot, so give it 2 minutes to cool down - then take another drag and repeat. Usually on a smoke break am trying to get in as many drags in as possible. Whenever I have used I haven't felt let down though. Haven't tried temp control on it so I will whip it out today and have a go with tc. As is, I personally rank it below a C4.

Jimmy Lee

Member For 4 Years
Love the recurve single coil rda.
I have the Recurve single coil RDA too but I found it a little too airy for me and I wasn’t getting the flavour that it was hyped up to have until I bought the Flavour Top Cap for it and then it became a totally different story. As soon as I fitted it the flavour really popped and the restriction was perfect, it became a whole new RDA for me and one of my favourites now next to the DPRO Mini RDA.
I have the Hadaly but that is also too airy for me so I want to try the Venna next as I think that it would suit me better.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have the Recurve single coil RDA too but I found it a little too airy for me and I wasn’t getting the flavour that it was hyped up to have until I bought the Flavour Top Cap for it and then it became a totally different story. As soon as I fitted it the flavour really popped and the restriction was perfect, it became a whole new RDA for me and one of my favourites now next to the DPRO Mini RDA.
I have the Hadaly but that is also too airy for me so I want to try the Venna next as I think that it would suit me better.
I have a dpro mini on a mass mods s2 atm. Love the dpro.

Jimmy Lee

Member For 4 Years
I have a dpro mini on a mass mods s2 atm. Love the dpro.
Me too and I’ve looked everywhere for another but alas I can’t find one. There was a new version of the Mini released in collaboration between DPRO and a company called MOVI but they were only available for sale in their country of origin which is Indonesia.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This one is looking good and there's a couple reviews on it.
It's awesome. That reduced chamber design works well for me. I get great flavor, almost Elder Dragon level but a different draw style. It's not super restrictive but it has some for sure. Once you start closing off a few dots, It gets C4-like.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you are looking for semi restricted airflow, maybe give the KRMA a shot. It has very similar airfow to the Venna, but I always got better flavor from the KRMA.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed on the krma(i own a couple).
Very similar to the dpro.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Wotofo Profile, been using them since their inception because their flavour can’t be beat. Not a single coil, I know, but the mesh is easier to work with and the flavour is outstanding. The greater surface area vaporizes more juice, faster, therefore the rda has no other choice but to give up that flavour. Of course it does, it never really had a choice to begin with. So if you want more flavour then mesh is the future.

p.s. used British spelling of flavour to match OP’s native tongue.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wotofo Profile, been using them since their inception because their flavour can’t be beat. Not a single coil, I know, but the mesh is easier to work with and the flavour is outstanding. The greater surface area vaporizes more juice, faster, therefore the rda has no other choice but to give up that flavour. Of course it does, it never really had a choice to begin with. So if you want more flavour then mesh is the future.

p.s. used British spelling of flavour to match OP’s native tongue.
Seeing this recommendation of the Profile, may need to try one. Put off for a need to learn using mesh, silly reason I know.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Seeing this recommendation of the Profile, may need to try one. Put off for a need to learn using mesh, silly reason I know.
I got away from single coil rda’s for the Profile. Mesh is so much easier to work with than standard coils and add the flavor increase makes for an easy decision. Mesh is just easier to “get right” where the cotton is fed perfect making for delicious Clouds of vapor!!

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got away from single coil rda’s for the Profile. Mesh is so much easier to work with than standard coils and add the flavor increase makes for an easy decision. Mesh is just easier to “get right” where the cotton is fed perfect making for delicious Clouds of vapor!!
But mesh rda's suck on mech mods, am I right?

VU Sponsors