Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner has moved to another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
PCB was the main component of transformer oil for many years, but its use has been banned for a good while now.
ETA, The ban was one of the main reasons the Pennsylvania railroad took those gorgeous GG-1 electric locomotives out of service.
PRR_GG1.gif

Beautious engine!

They were used in lot's of things:

Adhesives
Asphalt Roofing Materials
Carbonless Copy Paper
Caulking
Compressor Oil
De-dusting Agents
Dielectric Fluid
Dyes
Electromagnets
Fluorescent Light Ballasts
Grout
Heat Transfer Fluid
Inks
Insulating Coatings - Military Applications - Mixed with Asbestos
Lubricants
Natural Gas Pipeline
Paints
Pesticides
Plasticizers
Rubberizers
Space Heaters
Submersible Well Pumps
Tar Paper
Wax Extenders

Whether China abides our dislike of pcb's...?

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I saw most of those.....That's what had me thinking stainless originally (early this morning). This one is probably OK....but I'll probably pickup a stainless one to be sure;).
You should be able to find them in the kitchen gadget section in housewares.
Thanks Mark. Gonna go take a ride to Walmart now. If I can't find anything there, then off to Amazonland.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beautious engine!

They were used in lot's of things:

Adhesives
Asphalt Roofing Materials
Carbonless Copy Paper
Caulking
Compressor Oil
De-dusting Agents
Dielectric Fluid
Dyes
Electromagnets
Fluorescent Light Ballasts
Grout
Heat Transfer Fluid
Inks
Insulating Coatings - Military Applications - Mixed with Asbestos
Lubricants
Natural Gas Pipeline
Paints
Pesticides
Plasticizers
Rubberizers
Space Heaters
Submersible Well Pumps
Tar Paper
Wax Extenders

Whether China abides our dislike of pcb's...?
I read a article online several weeks back, warning about it's use in black microwave plastics and flexible plastics, Seems manufacturers get around the ban, by breaking down the components individually, so A+B+C equals PCB. The warning was, never heat anything in a plastic container in a microwave.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I read a article online several weeks back, warning about it's use in black microwave plastics and flexible plastics, Seems manufacturers get around the ban, by breaking down the components individually, so A+B+C equals PCB. The warning was, never heat anything in a plastic container in a microwave.

:facepalm:

I've seen that recently on some deli containers, telling you to remove the top of the container before microwaving - which makes the container rather pointless and I'm sure the warning is being ignored. And I wondered why that was...

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The reason I only use glass bottles to store juice.
I have a whole bunch of plastic bottles left over from store bought juice from b4 I started DIY
which I only use to mail juice to friends.. to save on postage

I use the bottles from the herbal extracts that I take, of course after they are cleaned, and put my vape juices in them.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Night Whiskey. I was where you are a few weeks ago lol. It's like 8:30 out there now. I'm up here way past my bedtime LMAO. We will see what happens with the kid tomorrow. As of today he's agreeing to do whatever his sponsor says. Let's see when he wakes up tomorrow if he says the same thing. 90 day men's program in Santa Monica. Well always hopeful !

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good evening, Whiskey :wave:
Hey there:wave:<3
Night Whiskey. I was where you are a few weeks ago lol. It's like 8:30 out there now. I'm up here way past my bedtime LMAO. We will see what happens with the kid tomorrow. As of today he's agreeing to do whatever his sponsor says. Let's see when he wakes up tomorrow if he says the same thing. 90 day men's program in Santa Monica. Well always hopeful !
Sounds like good news, I am in San Diago (it's 8:25 pm here)
Fingers crossed for your son, hope tomorrow goes well!!!<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors