Become a Patron!

Who do my wicks taste like Destinee Kellner's toenail fungus?

Kormiro

Member For 4 Years
Cotton very quickly absorbs all the odors. If you had sweaty hands, you have a reason.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 6P przy użyciu Tapatalka

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need more info... build wick method atty.. wattage.......this just the first few hits or after a while. Does it go away after a couple draws are you allowing wicks to absorb juice before firing.. doe the juice taste better in other atty on other wick or build.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yep sweaty or oily fingers will ruin a wick.

Do you Know where your fingers have been?

Hahahaha love it

Seriously though have you tried another brand of cotton to see if you are experiencing the same thing? Might be a dodgy batch was the pack sealed ok? Does it smell when dry?

Cotton bacon has nearly 0 break in time I find maybe try that as well

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the same problem with Japanese Organic Cotton. The tastes isn't bad, but it's unwanted. Taste kinda grainy or something. It takes a good 30-80 puffs for it to go away. I think some of it oil from the fingers but I also think it has something to do with the cotton itself. I also find that if I let it sit in juice overnight it takes less puffs for the taste to go away. So that's what I do now. Wick the coil, fill the RTA and let it sit overnight.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try boiling the cotton..... I don't know why but pre boiling and sun drying tends to make cotton taste better and wick better...

Granted as some know I use Walmart balls.... but started boiling cotton when using organic Japanese stuff....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
why do you know what Destinee Kellner's fungal infections taste like?

200.gif

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
reminds me of the Dumb and Dumber'r? i forget which one where they do the "free drink" trick (at an open bar) by sticking finger in butts then putting it in face of chick to get "new drinks" handing left out drinks to the chick then proceed to eat something and lick eachothers poo fingers...

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Special Officer Doofy reporting for duty.....

I used 'atomizer wick' japanese cotton pads from amazon.com, they're fine; no scent before I fire the coils.. I tried washing my hands before rewicking and the taste is still there, nothing funky from me lmao; My rda is just a dodgy 10$ chinese rando, but it's fine and I doubt the flavor is coming from that.. single coil Eleaf build at .55ohms

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I used 'atomizer wick' japanese cotton pads from amazon.com, they're fine; no scent before I fire the coils.. I tried washing my hands before rewicking and the taste is still there, nothing funky from me lmao; My rda is just a dodgy 10$ chinese rando, but it's fine and I doubt the flavor is coming from that.. single coil Eleaf build at .55ohms
maybe its the wire? do you pulse burn off residual oils? try a different supplier of metal and make sure it is clean then check again, eliminate variables :D

maybe its the wire? do you pulse burn off residual oils? try a different supplier of metal and make sure it is clean then check again, eliminate variables :D
It's honestly probably that my wires are very old and mangled, they pull different ohms every time I re-wick them and they are super small, wicking is extremely difficult due to the circumference of said wires.. I just ordered some claptons so that'd hopefully be the fix I'm looking for, I'll be sure to update this page once it comes in! :)

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It's honestly probably that my wires are very old and mangled, they pull different ohms every time I re-wick them and they are super small, wicking is extremely difficult due to the circumference of said wires.. I just ordered some claptons so that'd hopefully be the fix I'm looking for, I'll be sure to update this page once it comes in! :)
HA yea, so make bigger coils to make wicking easier :D mine are big enough when i go to clean i can fit a q-tip inside... but i dont do gimmicky/crazy coils just simple round wire builds :D 4mm ID though

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh it becomes clear. "atomizer Wick" from Amazon.
Get some Muji pads from them.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also washing your hands will leave whatever scent of soap/sanitizer they use be picked up, easiest way to deal with it is get some gloves (probably the ones you already bought for diy mixing, but left in the package) that shouldn't leave a scent at all. Surprising what the cotton can pick up from scents/oils and the like.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How long are you waiting after wicking and dripping to take a hit? If you hit right away, the cotton may not have absorbed the liquid yet. In my experiences, the first drip usually takes 30 seconds to a min to fully saturate the cotton, then do a second drip (because the first all soaked into the cotton) and happy vaping.

Also, its kinda disturbing that you know what Destinee Kellner's fungal infections taste like.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yup, old mangled wire will mess you up. Fix that and IMO things will improve a lot for you.

If that doesn't do it, I find if flavor is off when I rewick it's because I didn't get the right amount of cotton in the coil. The flavor I think you're describing (don't know Destinee Kellner's toenails though :giggle:) is probably from too much cotton.

Good luck with it
good3.gif

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Already great input from the members here...i just wanna comment and say I love the post title

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors