Become a Patron!

Why did you start vaping?

Hey everyone!

I am new to this forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I am a student working on a vaping survey and I need your help. One of my questions is "why did you start vaping?" I want to provide some common answer choices so my respondents don't have to type in their answers.

So, why did you start vaping?

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm 62 years young and started smoking when I was 13. I smoked an average of 2 packs a day for most of it. About 9 years ago my wife decides she wants to quit. Most of us married folk know that means (we) are both quitting lol. My wife got to use chantix and because of my health issues I could not. Vaping was my only choice. It didn't help that I enjoyed smoking. Once I found a setup that worked for me I quit. Have considered quitting vaping but it comes back around to I enjoy the vape. It actually helps me relax. That's my story in a nut shell.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
new years day 2019
to bassicaly shut my hubby up
new years day..
he suggested vapping..
I figured your NUTS but ok ANYTHING to not have a squbble on
new years day about smokes. so said OK don't expect much.
he whips out a
1596732045119.png

tried it and said
"" well i will be damn ""

and dat was it.

btw i smoldered for 43 years prior.

Last edited:

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Smoked for roughly 30 years. Tried to quit and failed more times than I can remember. Started vaping as a way to still get nicotine but avoid the other chemicals in cigarettes.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping because I was curious about vaping, and so I had decided I wanted to study it─both in theory and in practice.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Hey everyone!

I am new to this forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I am a student working on a vaping survey and I need your help. One of my questions is "why did you start vaping?" I want to provide some common answer choices so my respondents don't have to type in their answers.

So, why did you start vaping?
Why did you start vaping?

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
don why do you say such?
not arguing just really curious...
what kind of trap.

I know i usto spend a ton on da RJ Reynolds Co.
and maybe you did to.

yet a Trap? is so den hows the trap work?

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
don why do you say such?
what kind of trap.

and maybe you did to.

These holier-than-thou anti vaping idiots do this kind of stuff to get ammo for their newest anti ads so they can make up more lies about how vaping is worse than smoking. You should be very leary when you see this kind of garbage. 8 out of 10 and maybe even more people start vaping to quit smoking. That's just common knowledge.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
don why do you say such?
what kind of trap.

and maybe you did to.

Being a free forum of discussion for vaping, and many people giving their accounts on why, the trials and tribulations... its a plethora of information to use against vaping as much as it would be to help those starting off.

In my observation of new members stating that they are doing research and or surveys and the like, are in my mind/view, asking not solely for the purpose they state.

Plus, as any student/researcher even with the slightest sense of research acumen, knows the power of the search button... and when the wording of the question at hand easily incites the pro-vaping community to answer, those same answers can be used against us, twisted and or exploited to their agenda.

Case in point.

For the longest time, and rightfully so... we know vaping is 95% safer than traditional smoking... but there was this stupid puppet commercial ran on TV across the nation from the Truth Initiative, buzzing the one vaping and saying that vaping is safer... then ends with "You're 4X more likely to smoke if you vape

So a trap, yeah, it may be... but I am open to be proven wrong.

These holier-than-thou anti vaping idiots do this kind of stuff to get ammo for their newest anti ads so they can make up more lies about how vaping is worse than smoking. You should be very leary when you see this kind of garbage. 8 out of 10 and maybe even more people start vaping to quit smoking. That's just common knowledge.
I am not anti vaping nor am I affiliated with any sort of advertisement agency. I am just curious and looking to improve my research.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I am not anti vaping nor am I affiliated with any sort of advertisement agency. I am just curious and looking to improve my research.
Answer your own question then. Why did you start vaping?

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I don't vape. I am confused by how this relates to what I said. If I were to start it would be out of curiosity I suppose, as I am not a smoker.
So you can't relate to anything that is being said here. You're a fucking troll is all you are. And a lazy troll at that.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This may not be a bad thing.

I've seen stuff from Dr David Abrams.
He's legit.
View attachment 166371

3 lines above that is exactly what is troubling. And 2 below... Ill screen capture them...

1596850979784.png

1596851021212.png

Additionally when you browse their site more, you can see the studies in which they have done..

You can read one on this page...

Never said their credentials weren't legit, just their reasoning in this thread ;)

I mean, the fight is supposedly against teen nicotine dependency... go query the proper demographic imo; thats right, they can't legally...

I will pretty much bash every thread I see like this. For it truly starts the same way... learning lesson time OP and for posterity...

Don't start off saying you're sorry...BUT! I want Infos! lol

Be part of the community, you know, the same one you are a student for, the same thing we are here...

It really sad, that so many are just like, "Oh its a student, they're harmless Ill contribute"

Fuck em, they haven't proven shit besides wanting info...

And as I said before, and not to be all dick'ish... this was the persons first post and for research purposes can't use the search function...

meh, its the "I don't trust anyone" bone in me, especially some nobody with a single post... but I digress, divulge, give, hell years of friendliness has brought us to september...

Sorry 5150, this isnt against you in the slightest, just a rant...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It really sad, that so many are just like, "Oh its a student, they're harmless Ill contribute"
I'm willing to bet both shoes on that EVERYONE who started vaping did it because at some point they got curious about vaping, though... ???

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can understand and agree with @~Don~ 's point of view. It's not good, alleged researchers can come ask for information, that might be used against us. Why trust strangers?

On the flip side, when we each start out we do exactly that. We look to Youtube videos, forums and learn about vaping from strangers. Why not let strangers be friends?

Apologies if this is just me saying I can see both sides of the debate/argument. Not sure there's a point to my saying it. Sometimes though no point might be a point.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm willing to bet both shoes on that EVERYONE who started vaping did it because at some point they got curious about vaping, though... ???
GIVE ME YOUR SHOES der buddy..

I had never seen anyone vape
had never seen a vape shop
never touched or saw a mod be for in my life.
had NO IDEA what e-juice even was.

we don't have kids.
and live out in the country
thus ZERO Curosity.

I honestly just did not want to end up in a squabble on
Yew Years day.

sooooooooo shoes der buddy

yuck stinkey Feet stinkey feet.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

we don't have kids.
thus ZERO Curosity.

Yew Years day.

I had heard of it but not really taken much interest. Wife comes in one evening with an Njoy two for pack. It had a little "cigarette box" charger and two battery sticks, a couple of the cartridges.

I gave it a try but kept smoking. She then finds me an ARO tank and an EgO styled battery kit. So I start liking this idea of vaping but still smoking a bit. A "brother" called Hank was over on ECF as well as here starts telling me I need to try RDAs, need to use a mechanical mod. I might as well squonk he says.

I buy the cheapest piece of dung to start squonking on, the FastTech less than $20 special, a Terminator Mr. Owl kit. I learn not to buy junk, but also squonking is for me. I seldom smoke now. And I smoked, or used commercial tobacco 35 to 40 years. Still crave a rub of snuff at times but don't do that anymore.

Started vaping to stop smoking. Yes, probably swapped one nicotine habbit for another. Vaping is a lot safer though, lot less risk. Although batteries even that out as they pose some risk. If a person uses some common sense they can mitigate that to lower risk. My biggest concern is in recycling old batteries. Don't want to just toss these out.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

we don't have kids.
thus ZERO Curosity.

Yew Years day.

It's still curiosity or else you simply would never have given it a try anyway in the first place. ?

VU Sponsors