Become a Patron!

Why do disposable e-cigarettes often leak oil?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I feel like I'm drinking oil, not smoking

This again is another answers itself question/complaint. These devices as you state are disposable. This means they are not created to last, or be very good quality wise.

If you keep having issues using disposables, pardon me but grow a set, and buy a good moderate costing full mod kit. If you don't want to do that then keep your complaints to yourself. You're the only one to blame or be of account, you keep using shit.

No, I don't apologize if that reads as harsh. It was intended to be a bit. There is no excuse to keep complaining when you keep repeating the same mistakes in the same way. Nobody here wants to offer help to someone who will not help themselves first.

We have explained the fact that disposables are crap several times. We have suggested buying better and more durable gear, again several times. You keep complaining about disposables. Fuck! Disposable, it means you throw it away after one use, over, done.

Want to keep being stupid? Go right on, be aware you'll get called on it. Even I'm called on being stupid. Likely I'll face the music over posting this, if not from moderators and others here, by myself.

Oh, and to clarify, ... Yes I do know women that got balls. I even know some women that got more balls than most men. I mean this obviously in a figurative sense. The point remains I know some damn courageous women. I do not see suggesting you grow a set as being too far out of line. In fact, if anything, it begs the question ... what's your excuse?

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get a small pod system. I use a mod and a pod. But the pod works great. Smok Novo4. 30 bucks. Really works great.
Even that would be an improvement. Be mindful though if using pod systems. Try to avoid pods you cannot refill yourself.

That can get as costly as disposables & possibly more dangerous if you get black market pods "cheap". Using pod systems you want an open system. Don't lock yourself into a brand, company.

Refilling pods? Get your juice from /a/ reputable source/s. How do you know? Check Better Business Bureau, ask other vapers, observe other vapers. This is just general advice for anyone and not specifically aimed at one particular entity.

Some of this advice used to belong to some wisdom usually called common sense. People used to have that. Entropy is leading the way.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No, no, no don't reveal the secret to our great SOARING! *chuckles*
"An important issue is the method of soaring. To avoid VAPE leaks, puffs should be done gently, smoothly and calmly. This is necessary for uniform evaporation of the liquid. There is also no need to do a few bongs in a row. Practice among steamboats shows that the correct manner of soaring comes with experience. It is absolutely not difficult to achieve this. After all, the result is worth it - to enjoy the process of soaring."
70e63d634b1519a063d88483c7b0e13d.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To avoid VAPE leaks, puffs should be done gently, smoothly and calmly. This is necessary for uniform evaporation of the liquid. There is also no need to do a few bongs in a row.

Wow! I missed this point. I have done like twenty, or so bongs each time I've done it. Not that I doubt the quality of the vape in each bong. I though wanted to soar good so figured more bongs led to better soaring.

I bet my nozzles are froze up. Either that or I need a new quantum drive.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wow! I missed this point. I have done like twenty, or so bongs each time I've done it. Not that I doubt the quality of the vape in each bong. I though wanted to soar good so figured more bongs led to better soaring.

I bet my nozzles are froze up. Either that or I need a new quantum drive.
Im still googling my fingers raw trying to find somewhere to practice among steamboat shows!
AmpleFarawayAphid-max-1mb.gif
Though even if I find one I dont like my chances as we only have a 5k travel limit! :confused:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im still googling my fingers raw trying to find somewhere to practice among steamboat shows!
View attachment 185594
Though even if I find one I dont like my chances as we only have a 5k travel limit! :confused:

Ah well yeah I used to have steam boats. I met some insane elf witch. I did time as a newt, when I got back to my regular self the steam boats were gone. She swears she didn't sell them for yarn but we got loads of yarn and no boats. Hm.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ah well yeah I used to have steam boats. I met some insane elf witch. I did time as a newt, when I got back to my regular self the steam boats were gone. She swears she didn't sell them for yarn but we got loads of yarn and no boats. Hm.
Sounds like she was stringing you along to me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like she was stringing you along to me.
Could have been. I mean it is a commonly known fact howlers like lamb chops. There was feasting involved and dancing, very lurid dancing. *smh* I ought to have listen to my mom & ran away.

nethanpaul

Member For 2 Years
To be honest there are four main reasons these will leak:

1. A bad gasket on the tip or stopper
  2. You’re using oil that is too thin
  3. You might be overheating the oil which causes it to become too viscous
  4. Over filling the vape pen
Many manufacturer’s use the cheapest disposable vape pens and do a poor job with quality control on their products. It’s disappointing as it gives the product a bad rap

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
  1. You’re using oil that is too thin
  2. You might be overheating the oil which causes it to become too viscous

If vaping nicotine, or even zero nicotine the usual case is we do not vape oils. Oils can and will screw up a person's lungs if not used properly, and carry that risk even if used proper.

Oils might be best used in waxes for dabbing and heating that way. The wax gets heated to an oil base. You do not vape the oil though. What you are vaping is the off product of the wax being melted down to oil.

For example I might like a mixture of thyme & basil in some olive oil based wax. I can vape these herbs, and or other agricultural products in an oil based wax. The essences coming into the wax from the plant, spice, what have you are what's vaped. Again, you do not vape the oil.

If this method is done properly, yes, a lot of risk can be mitigated. Though it is best described still as "at your own risk", as often it's the case of "stuff happens". Vaping was not actually intended originally for use as means to use sweet leafs (leeks, cabbage, beet greens, water cress, [insert your own variant]). Sure it may do well for that, recall though it was meant as means to get folks off cigarettes.

Using wax requires an entirely different kit set up too. If you're doing that, there's enough here to point you in a general direction using a search engine. Suffice it to say a standard disposable vape pen is not what you want to use.

What nicotine vapers use to vape is called, e-juice, ejuice, juice, liquid, base and we now even salts. So we got what we call freebase juice and salted juice. I myself use freebase juice at 18mg per ml nicotine, usually unflavored, but at times I sneak a squirt or two of flavor in. :)

Last edited:
A burnt coil is possibly the most common reason for a disposable vape device leaking. Also, a low battery can actually cause your e-liquid to leak out of your pod because if the battery isn't strong enough, it cannot turn your e-liquid into vapor.

VU Sponsors