Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-
Sorry I do not use disposables so I don't know what the problem is. Maybe you could take it back to the store you bought it from as defective and exchange for another one?
I use a mod and tank system for vaping and have never used a disposable vape pen.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
disposable vape pen
unusable after just one use?

Seems to answer itself. It is a disposable device. *sighs* :headbang::deadhorse: Three different online dictionaries say "thrown out after one use".

Not to really harp but, ...

The common price ranges:

Disposable vapes: $5-$10
Pod systems: $10 – $30
Vape pens: $15 – $35
MTL starter kits: $30 – $60

So roughly $45 adding disposable and vape pen, or an average cost of $11.25 per disposable vape pen daily. That works out to $78.75 weekly. Multiply by four for 4 weeks per month and you get $315 per month. Do that for a year and you get $3,780 per year.

I'm sure a disposable device has its place aside from a bin. You might need something in a pinch, and you got some extra cash on hand. Sure I can see that, maybe. To keep relying on disposable gear though is silly at best.

Last edited:
Please don't post things like this on here you give so many people so much ammo you will start a 3rd world war I surrgest you send your desposable vape thingy on a date ?????? 🤔🤔🤔 With the fucking bin 😬😬🥶🥶🤭🤐

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've concluded a one word answer to the question.

Why my disposable vape pen not working?​

Absurdity.

Wouldn't you know it? Absurdity seems a universal answer.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately once you leave the store you buy it from you can not return it if it does not work. It’s best to open in the store and if it does not work than they have to replace it (typically).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately once you leave the store you buy it from you can not return it if it does not work. It’s best to open in the store and if it does not work than they have to replace it (typically).
My new disposable vape pen was unusable after just one use?

Yes, right out of the package, it would only be good business to offer replacement. From the OP's post, it seems they used all the juice, or battery up and the device stopped working. If that's not the case, I apologize. The post does not infer any context, though.

The only context is from the classing of the device. It is a disposable vaporizer. These by manufacture and design are made to be disposed of after one use, juice or battery used up. If a consumer wants more, try saving the ~$60 a week disposable devices cost for three units. Buy a decent low to mid grade device, some swapable batteries, charger, cotton, juice and be set up to spend far less to vape.

Yes, there are good low-end to mid-range cost device kits complete with RDA/RDTA, coils. A person may need to do a little comparative shopping. Isn't that the case with purchasing anything? Or have people become that stupid anymore?

If they are well, guess they deserve what they get. Will include myself. I know at times I'm impatient and simply want product and yell, "here, take my money!"

My point being, in the 8-10 years of vaping, have seen many folks seem to lose grasp of the concept of comparative shopping. Not talking about the impatient buys we all make on impulse. Those happen even to better of us. We all at times would just die to not buy trendy new product having feature blah.

For me, disposable devices fill a void. That void is," "drat, left my regular vape at home", or "I've been meaning to try vaping to see if it can help me quit smoking, looks cheap enough." If you aren't in that void, I'm not seeing why you would desire wasting money on these devices.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When dolts get the disposables, it's always the same excuse... convenience. And yes, those that lack the foresight to get a new one in time... whine when their disposable goes out. But, they don't want to mess with batteries, coils, or juice. It's all too much for them to deal with when they have their precious social lives to keep up with and check up on with the cell phones they forget to charge in time.

There are a few possible reasons why your disposable vape pen may not be working.

1. The battery may be depleted. Disposable vape pens have limited battery life, so it may be time to replace it.
2. The coil may be clogged. Check the coil for any debris and clean it accordingly.
3. The device may not be charged properly. Make sure the device is properly charged before using it.
4. The airflow may be blocked. Make sure the air vents are clear and not blocked.
5. The device may be defective. If none of the above seems to be the issue, then it may be a defective device. Contact the manufacturer for a replacement.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Number one reason for disposable devices to quit working.

"Instilling in the buyer the desire to own something a little newer, a little better, a little sooner than is necessary." -- Brooks Stevens, 1954

Ultimately, it is a marketing and sales ploy to keep consumers buying more product/s.

Imagine this, manufacture A can make 10,000 of product B for $0.05 per unit. They can then retail product B for $15.00 per unit. Why spend more than $0.05 per unit to make it more durable, even if all it took was $0.06 per unit? Consumers will pay $15.00 per unit and keep buying at that price week after week.

ROI: 10,000 * 15 == $150,000
COI: 10,000 * .05 == $500

Go figure, huh?

One possible solution? Buy durable reusable vaping kits. Then, only buy warranted consumables like juice, wire, cotton as needed. This, of course, means one may need to apply a little time and possibly effort to learn, to build coils, mix juice, wick coils. The financial trade-off merits the time and effort for many.

Another solution? Do not vape. You may spend far more on tobacco products. If that's your choice, so mote it. Go about your merry way. You may not use nicotine, so why not go eat some candy to enjoy vaping flavors?

It is a choice we each make for our own selves. I am not here to make the choice for anyone but myself. I am simply weary of disposable vaping devices seeming to dominate what vaping seems to be. They are not at all what it is about.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors