Become a Patron!

Wicked Coil Build

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I recently built a 0.13 ohm quad coil build on my Dark Horse RDA that I call the Quantum Chucker. This has been the best vape experience I have had since I started building. It is 4, coils race with 6 wraps of 24 gauge awg kanthal around a 1/16 inch drill bit.

d37d1108767058a4a08cb61939f329bd.jpg

(Sorry the video is sideways)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like anything Tech. Vapin' is the best hobby I have. I know it's just me. Be the one that can do it. (pays more).
Yeah man same here I don't even vape with nicotine I just love to build coils to see how much vapor I can make

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think your good? I did, till I saw a Nickel @ a machine shop supplier, in a case with 3 million laser holes in it. Can still read the coin. Japan did it.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry, I get all giddy over serious tech. The Japan dudes have a laser that is so perfect, it can cut 3 million holes in a US five cent piece & the holes are so small the Lincon head can still be seen. That's some scary shit. :cool: Maybe it's a Washington head. It's some head, & we all know some head is better than no head. :cool:

Last edited:

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hows the flavor production?
I recently built a 0.13 ohm quad coil build on my Dark Horse RDA. This has been the best vape experience I have had since I started building. It is 4, coils race with 6 wraps of 24 gauge awg kanthal around a 6/64 drill bit.

d37d1108767058a4a08cb61939f329bd.jpg

(Sorry the video is sideways)

how intense does it deliver flavor and does it achieve big clouds along with intense flavor?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have yet to use one of those lol i though about getting one it might make things quicker for me
From what I have seen it's an awesome coil making tool. Makes perfect coils. My problem is it's too simple, I have problems with simple, always have had, after collage. I don't even have shoes with laces because the knots piss me off. I'm sure it works because I have seen it on You Tube by some righteous Vapers. :cool: Maybe Uncle rj can show me. He's pretty simple. :cool:Psst, ( I heard he may have vapor rabies, so don't get too close to his jaws). :p

Last edited:

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From what I have seen it's an awesome coil making tool. Makes perfect coils. My problem is it's too simple, I have problems with simple, always have had, after collage. I don't even have shoes with laces because the knots piss me off. I'm sure it works because I have seen it on You Tube by some righteous Vapers. :cool: Maybe Uncle rj can show me. He's pretty simple. :cool:Psst, ( I heard he may have vapor rabies, so don't get too close to his jaws). :p

drill bit, cutters, tweezers, and a charged battery is really all ya need thats why it works best. simple disguised as complex lol i just wonder how the jigs work with specialty coils like claptons chain dragon. wonder if itll mess up/kink the wire. now for standard coils im sure its excellent. just 1 deterrent other than paying extra $ when i already have a set of drill bits lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
drill bit, cutters, tweezers, and a charged battery is really all ya need thats why it works best. simple disguised as complex lol i just wonder how the jigs work with specialty coils like claptons chain dragon. wonder if itll mess up/kink the wire. now for standard coils im sure its excellent. just 1 deterrent other than paying extra $ when i already have a set of drill bits lol
I'm less than 20' from a machine shop. I spun up some .28 Kanthal & tried it. With guidance & a slow hand it made perfect coils. I have to be smarter than what I want to use. I hate perfection, but I have no choice. :cool:

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hows the flavor production?

how intense does it deliver flavor and does it achieve big clouds along with intense flavor?
When I use a 10/90 pg vg I get great clouds and a good amount of flavor. But it only really get great when I lower my ratio to a 40/60 and add a stronger flavor like grape or cherry. But I make my own juice so just order, if you can, a 20/80 pg/vg, if not something similar it's the best of both world's. However I'm a cloud chaser and I do competitions with friends from school. I've done 6 competitions on it and won every time when I used plain pure vg in a squeeze bottle. But in all, great flavor and it is nice and warm. To be honest, I've kept this build in my rda for about 4 days now which is very long for me. I usually rebuild and rebuild . Just plain love it. Hope this helps and love the username man.

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yo and if anyone was wondering I'm calling it the Quantum Chucker

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's a good point dude I'll definitely be purchasing a jig now to find out how it works out with claptons

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm less than 20' from a machine shop. I spun up some .28 Kanthal & tried it. With guidance & a slow hand it made perfect coils. I have to be smarter than what I want to use. I hate perfection, but I have no choice. :cool:
Post some pics of your coils

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone here know ripptrippers he needs to see this build lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I use a 10/90 pg vg I get great clouds and a good amount of flavor. But it only really get great when I lower my ratio to a 40/60 and add a stronger flavor like grape or cherry. But I make my own juice so just order, if you can, a 20/80 pg/vg, if not something similar it's the best of both world's. However I'm a cloud chaser and I do competitions with friends from school. I've done 6 competitions on it and won every time when I used plain pure vg in a squeeze bottle. But in all, great flavor and it is nice and warm. To be honest, I've kept this build in my rda for about 4 days now which is very long for me. I usually rebuild and rebuild . Just plain love it. Hope this helps and love the username man.

I have never found anything that is harmful about vaping. For anyone. Sorry, get over it. Dude, I am not happy till I make a build so strong, I can not see my Monitor. I'm an all or nothing type of person. Balls & all, or don't bother with it. :cool:

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have never found anything that is harmful about vaping. For anyone. Sorry, get over it. Dude, I am not happy till I make a build so strong, I can not see my Monitor. I'm an all or nothing type of person. Balls & all, or don't bother with it. :cool:
Same here man if I can still see the other wall of my bathroom after 3 big hits I get mad and rip it out and rebuild it

cloudkiller7718

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To Saddletramp1200 can you post a pic of your best build if you have it it never hurts to learn something new

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post some pics of your coils

Get a drill, and Allen key, some pliers, Squeeze on the loop end of the Kanthal when doubled ad let the Drill do the work. I use .28 . Time you learn how to do it. I might be out chasing women an not be here too help you.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To Saddletramp1200 can you post a pic of your best build if you have it it never hurts to learn something new

Their all over cloud chasers threads. Their are a lot better at it than me. I bust clouds for me. Well I did front a 30 ml bottle of juice to the store dude. Took my Segeli 100 & a Artic Horizon & made me disappear. Bounced a cloud off of the window he was behind. Smokers ask me how I do that. I just say, I don't smoke. :cool:

VU Sponsors