Become a Patron!

Wild wild strawberry

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Need advice on how to replicate the taste of wild strawberries AKA Fragaria.

Fragaria viridis to be exact, but any fragaria will do :drunk:

PS: European and Russian e-liquid vendors make very convincing fragaria e-liquids (calling them "strawberry" for some reason), which means that the appropriate flavoring exists somewhere.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Need advice on how to replicate the taste of wild strawberries AKA Fragaria.

Fragaria viridis to be exact, but any fragaria will do :drunk:

PS: European and Russian e-liquid vendors make very convincing fragaria e-liquids (calling them "strawberry" for some reason), which means that the appropriate flavoring exists somewhere.

Have you tried INW Shisha Strawberry yet? (Polish flavors are pretty dang good IMO)
HS Strawberry?
Flavors Express Strawberry (from ECX)?
RF Strawberry Extract?

Flavors from Russia, "Bakers Flavors" (German site)
https://baker-flavors.de/Baker-Flavors-Strawberry
https://baker-flavors.de/Baker-Flavors-Strawberry-natural

From Russia
http://baker-flavors.blogspot.ru/2013/10/we-accept-orders-on-our-email.html

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

There's a INW Wild Strawberry flavor that seems to have love/hate reviews. Because I like Shisha Strawberry and the hate reviews, I haven't bought it. I'm thinking a blend of strawberry flavors (including the Wild) might be what you are looking for.

Ron
---
"The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye..."- James Marshall Hendrix

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried INW Shisha Strawberry yet? (Polish flavors are pretty dang good IMO)
It's on my my shopping list (which BCF keeps resetting, dammit!), I'll definitely try it. No high hopes though, as it is, well… shisha.

Thanks for the links and a bunch of unfamiliar brands! :cheers:

There's a INW Wild Strawberry flavor that seems to have love/hate reviews.
So far all INW flavors to me tasted like something you'd get with a flavored tea bags. However, if there's something explicitly named "wild strawberry", it's worth a try, thanks!

Shisha Strawberry is horrible to me.
Because you've expecting strawberry, but it's a strawberry hookah :giggle:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Because you've expecting strawberry, but it's a strawberry hookah :giggle:

What does Strawberry Hookah taste like?

Because if it's supposed to be tobacco I certainly don't get any tobacco taste with Shisha Strawberry.
Thinking they just wanted it to have a unique name.
Much like their Strawberry Kiss, which I think is nasty BTW.

Could be why so many like mixing several Strawberries together.

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What does Strawberry Hookah taste like?
Haven't tried the INW flavoring yet, but I do have plenty of experience with real hookahs.

First off, vast majority of shisha "tobacco" sold in Europe (don't know anything about US hookah market) has nothing to do with tobacco, despite the fact that tin says otherwise. It's a filler made of shredded beet roots, grape leaves and other non-tobacco plants. Real tobacco leaves are added sometimes to get the nicotine content, but in very small quantities. If it's a "tobacco" flavored "tobacco", they just use the same flavors that us vapers do. Technically, hookahs are closer to vaping than most people realize: "tobacco" is used only as a wick, which is heated by external source (coals) to produce vapors from what? That's right, glycerin based syrup. So what does "shisha something" tastes like? Molasses is probably the main note, maybe with a little bit of smoky coconut undertone. I'm strictly guessing here o_O

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inw strawberry shisha has absolutely no tobacco flavor. Not sure why they call it shisha.

sampleit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Inw Wild strawberry Is on the reformulated list... sooo this could actually be a good thing??

hollynorth

Member For 4 Years
I tell you about Strawberry Falls. You can try this. They have added some vanilla or cream to churn things up.

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors