Become a Patron!

Wilkes barre cloud chasers

Hey new to the vaping community could use some help building the wotofo profile m and the vandyvape.kylin m .... for some reason I build it fires at .17 but when I put it all together I get 2 good hits then nothing but dry hits idk what I'm doing wrong just wondering if someone can help me out lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Did you dry fire it before wicking?
Check some YT clips for visuals.
If cotton wick, fairly tight in the coil so all of the mesh is touched by wick.
Try a down angel cut on the tails and don't over stuff the ports.

If you've already wicked it tight, then its probably too tight.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you dripped or squonked adequate juice on to the wick, in the juice well/s of the deck? If your atomizer lacks juice, add more juice.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
They are both top airflow, so if you have too little it may flood but not leak, so you could err on the loose tails part of the wicking, and just enough through the coil so it touching wick everywhere, no voids< and that doesn't have to be as tight as one my think. Don't pack/roll/or make the wick dense before you wick. It can be spongy inside the coil and still be touching all the mesh.

Did you dry fire it before wicking?
Check some YT clips for visuals.
If cotton wick, fairly tight in the coil so all of the mesh is touched by wick.
Try a down angel cut on the tails and don't over stuff the ports.

If you've already wicked it tight, then its probably too tight.
I did yt it and followed every step ... fire it low watts and gradually raise it but after a few hits it fires dry ... I know it's a wicking problem ... I'm new to rda and rta I've been buying nothing but sub ohms for years but I wanna break into rda and rta builds for better flavor ... can u recommend and coild for rda builds ...I have the dead rabbit v2 the radar and the fat rabbit and wotofo profile rdas ... and if I was to order extra coils for the wotofo profile m and the vandyvape kylin m which coils do I order I like to vape at 85 to 100 watts full flavor I just don't know alot about which coils to buy .15.2 resistance

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like coils that run from 0.30 to 0.50 Ω. These I fire on mechanical mods at roughly 24 watts. Most RDAs I use seem to do well enough using such coils.

I keep it simple, a single strand of 28 ga wire wrapped as a coil. Do use some 26 ga machine made coils, even those are single stranded. Apologies, I can't tell you brand names to buy.

Build my own coils, get wire from TemCo most often. They seem to be alright for wire.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I did yt it and followed every step ... fire it low watts and gradually raise it but after a few hits it fires dry ... I know it's a wicking problem ... I'm new to rda and rta I've been buying nothing but sub ohms for years but I wanna break into rda and rta builds for better flavor ... can u recommend and coild for rda builds ...I have the dead rabbit v2 the radar and the fat rabbit and wotofo profile rdas ... and if I was to order extra coils for the wotofo profile m and the vandyvape kylin m which coils do I order I like to vape at 85 to 100 watts full flavor I just don't know alot about which coils to buy .15.2 resistance
Here's what I'm thinkin'.

That 85-100W is/was with sub ohm. With rebuildable mesh, about 60W is all that's recommended, but, altho I usually don't go with manufacturer's recommendation on those type of things, with mesh its pretty accurate, /with the right atty and right wicking, a little more than 60 is possible. 85-100? I think not. If you were vaping mesh at those wattages then that's why dry hits. Wicking can't keep up, and mesh has that limit.

To me, rebuildable and sub ohm stock coils are different in thought process of wattage. Because you like 85-100 with stock coil doesn't mean you'll still want that. Resistance and the rebuildable airflow will decide where you want the wattage. I'd be more apt to choose coil based on what resistance you've been using, adjust the airflow like you want, then whatever wattage you want.
Airflow and wattage are adjustable but the coil(s) is what it is.

When I mesh, which isn't often, I use Damn Vape DV-05 because I like them better than Wotofo/Nexmesh/others.
There's also a clapton type specifically for mesh decks.

For something like DR V2 RDA, 3mm ID @ .12-.15Ω should work well for you based on what's known. RDA easier to build/wick, at first. Then mesh, since they take a little finesse.

If trying that .12-.15, here's these

They don't have to be higher end coils to get great flavor. They do last longer.
A single .3 is .15 when there's 2 - right? 👍

Here's what I'm thinkin'.

That 85-100W is/was with sub ohm. With rebuildable mesh, about 60W is all that's recommended, but, altho I usually don't go with manufacturer's recommendation on those type of things, with mesh its pretty accurate, /with the right atty and right wicking, a little more than 60 is possible. 85-100? I think not. If you were vaping mesh at those wattages then that's why dry hits. Wicking can't keep up, and mesh has that limit.

To me, rebuildable and sub ohm stock coils are different in thought process of wattage. Because you like 85-100 with stock coil doesn't mean you'll still want that. Resistance and the rebuildable airflow will decide where you want the wattage. I'd be more apt to choose coil based on what resistance you've been using, adjust the airflow like you want, then whatever wattage you want.
Airflow and wattage are adjustable but the coil(s) is what it is.

When I mesh, which isn't often, I use Damn Vape DV-05 because I like them better than Wotofo/Nexmesh/others.
There's also a clapton type specifically for mesh decks.

For something like DR V2 RDA, 3mm ID @ .12-.15Ω should work well for you based on what's known. RDA easier to build/wick, at first. Then mesh, since they take a little finesse.

If trying that .12-.15, here's these

They don't have to be higher end coils to get great flavor. They do last longer.
Hey if u can shoot me xxxxxxxxxx I'm gonna be putting in a order in a few days for a mod and a rda or rta n would like some recommendations ... don't have to be mesh ...would like to set up a nice drip set up with a nice powerful 1 battery mod the 21700 ... wit a nice rda ... and I wanna get a box mod at least 200 230 wat wit a nice rta n those will be my go to pieces everyday ... cause I've been trying this n that n people are making spend money on building things that aren't right ... I got 2 topside dual dovpo squonks with the dead rabbit rdas ...and I have the voodoo Argus with the freemax n i have the vandyvape guar 21 wit the kylin m set up and the morph 2 with the tfv18 subohm tank but it keeps autofiring I have the geekvape legend 2 with the geekvape z rta mesh but same problem 4 good hits then nothing but burnt dry hits ..... so I'm just trying to start from scratch n build 2 everyday go to pieces to add to the collection ... if it's not to much trouble hit me up u seem to know alot about it ... to.many people have been guiding me the wrong way ...the vape scene where I live is really small n the vape shop techs don't know shit about what there telling me to buy lol I appreciate it hope to.hear from you

Contact info removed by moderator - please review forum rules and use PM for personal info.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sounds/reads about correct. "Hmm, ..."

Not sure, seems it would be .6 if 2 .3 coils. Then, you divide by 2 and back to .3 you are.

*pulls up bc* .3 + .3 = .6 / 2 = .3 *nods* "Hmm."

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
As far as suggesting any setups, I can do that. So can many others and I think its best to get you as much info as possible for YOUR decision.

I think with that 85-100 watts you mentioned, we know what your after as far as type, or style of vape. Lots of power and lots of airflow?

There are so many products available it might be better for you to pic a few that look good to you and mention them here so we can scrutinize those as choices. See if there are any concerns, something better for some reason, etc.

So you have that Legend 2? And how'd it go with Fat Rabbit RTA?
What about using the L2 till you settle on what other atty's you want, then pick mods for those?

Have you tried any single coil setup?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. Erm, okay. *wanders along to look up how to run such coils & fetch some lunch*
I know you know this. You just found yourself in la la land for a minute.
Its ok, we've all been there. lol
1680822214403.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know you know this. You just found yourself in la la land for a minute.
Its ok, we've all been there. lol
View attachment 203505
Okay, yep. To me, they seem the same, but I know they're not.

Parallel batteries to me means both positives are up. Series means one is up connected to the next positive down, or abutting negative. Figure it is the same with coils, then.

Although anymore, with how decks are built, imagine it is difficult to figure that out. Even some of my single coil decks just have neutral connections and ground via the 510 pin.

Yes, la la land for sure. Still trying to figure out how to not let others define you, if living on Earth. We all say the platitude, "don't let anyone define you." How can you not when you have to live here?

Hmm, neutral contact points in RDAs. Talk about Anonymous Lambdas. Ha!

lambda ( );

(lambda)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors