Become a Patron!

Wismec Centurion Default Ni TCR Value?

I just got a Wismec Centurion and really liking it with my Kanger Subtank Plus and Ni200 coils. This is my first mod with the ability to change the tcr values.

2 questions:
  1. I've read the tcr for Ni coils should be 620 - does that apply to all Ni coils or should the Kanker Ni200 be different for some reason?
  2. The Centurion user manual states Ni coils should run tcr values from 600-700. I've set M1 to 600, M2 to 650 and M3 to 700 and compared them to the default Ni setting. The default Ni setting is definitely hitting weaker/cooler than all of these user-defined settings so I think the default Ni setting is less than 600 which doesn't make sense compared to the user manual recommendations. I'd suspect it would be the same default as other Wismec mods, but that search also has not revealed anything. Anyone here know the default Ni tcr value for this or other Wismec mods?

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you like the Centurion and glad you ask coz I just placed an order for a white one about 5 minutes ago!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a Wismec Centurion and really liking it with my Kanger Subtank Plus and Ni200 coils. This is my first mod with the ability to change the tcr values.

2 questions:
  1. I've read the tcr for Ni coils should be 620 - does that apply to all Ni coils or should the Kanker Ni200 be different for some reason?
  2. The Centurion user manual states Ni coils should run tcr values from 600-700. I've set M1 to 600, M2 to 650 and M3 to 700 and compared them to the default Ni setting. The default Ni setting is definitely hitting weaker/cooler than all of these user-defined settings so I think the default Ni setting is less than 600 which doesn't make sense compared to the user manual recommendations. I'd suspect it would be the same default as other Wismec mods, but that search also has not revealed anything. Anyone here know the default Ni tcr value for this or other Wismec mods?
I don't have that mod but in general the higher the TCR you set, the hotter/harder hitting it will be.

Back when mods only had Ni200 settings, people were running Ti01 coils in the Ni200 setting but had to lower the temperature to compensate for Ni200's higher TCR.

In general terms again Ni200 is basically pure Nickel so different brands should be the same TCR. The same goes for Ti01. Now since SS is an alloy, that gets trickier. If the mixture/formula is off by just a bit, it will/can change the TCR. Hope that helps at least a little.

Cheers,
Steve

I don't have that mod but in general the higher the TCR you set, the hotter/harder hitting it will be.

Back when mods only had Ni200 settings, people were running Ti01 coils in the Ni200 setting but had to lower the temperature to compensate for Ni200's higher TCR.

In general terms again Ni200 is basically pure Nickel so different brands should be the same TCR. The same goes for Ti01. Now since SS is an alloy, that gets trickier. If the mixture/formula is off by just a bit, it will/can change the TCR. Hope that helps at least a little.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks, that does answer my first question.

VU Sponsors