Become a Patron!

WISMEC Luxotic BF Box Kit. "Male with a bottom feed"

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Last weekend I got a really compact BF Kit from WISMEC Co., which is their try to invent a squonk mod with not really demanding, but flavored RDA atomizer - WISMEC Luxotic BF Box Kit.
Was it a good idea, or this Co. needs to follow their main stream and continue to make such devices as RX series or RAVAGE? Let`s talk about it today!

DSC_0606.jpg

I got WISMEC Luxotic BF Box Kit in a long transparent box with a cartboard insert, where we can find some usual info about the innards of the box.
As for the kit, well, it has a standard set of the most important accessories for start and use BF Box and Tobhino atomizer. But your humble servant also got some extra spare parts.

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

WISMEC Luxotic BF Box Kit set:
1 * WISMEC Luxotic BF Box;
1 * WISMEC Tobhino atomizer;
1 * Spare bottle;
1 * Cotton sheet;
2 * Pre-built coils;
1 * Adapter to 810 drip tip;
1 * Hexagonal key;
1 * Standard pin;
4 * Spare o-rings;
3 * Spare screws;
1 * Warning card;
1 * User manual

+
1 * Standard pin;
1 * Beauty ring​

WISMEC Luxotic BF Box is a really compact box mod, which has a removable side cover, can contain about 7,5 ml of e-juice into hidden bottle, and this is a really good index! As for quality and assembly, they`re pretty good, but there are some moments about which I will talk a little later. It`s convenient for hold on in hand without slip.

WISMEC Luxotic BF Box parameters:
Sizes: 76 mm * 42 mm * 24 mm;
Bottle capacity: 7,5 ml;
Colors: Green Honeycomb, Honeycomb Resin, Swirled Metallic Resin​

On the face side there is a removable cover, which hides the compartment for one 18650 battery, squonk-bottle with a flow mechanism and the flap with plate, led indicator (for «Fire» button), contacts and wires.
Sorry, but i`m not very advanced in the electrician and in my reviews you won`t see the detailed disassembly of devices.
In a slot for battery you can see the polarity and tape for easy remove.
As for the bottle, it fixes into slot in at the bottom of flap with the help of silicone insert. At the bottom of flow mechanism stock there are 2 little holes for juice. The mechanism works good, but there is a little siphon in the feed, which lose a little the efficiency of juice flow.

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0643.jpg

On the right side there is a middle-sized «Fire» button, which works without misfires, but jingles sometimes.

DSC_0616.jpg

On the back you can see the engraved WISMEC name.

DSC_0621-1.jpg

On the top there is another engraving, which tells us, that this device was designed, projected and made with the help of Jay Bo, and the spring-loaded BF connector. The width of the device allows us to set atomizers up to 24 mm in diameter.

DSC_0626.jpg

On the bottom there is a special magnetic cover, which looks like honeycombs. It protects the squonk bottle, preventing it to fall from the slot. It`s interesting, but not really convenient, `cause nott looking at magnetic system, you can lose it – the sit isn`t durable. It would be better, if manufacturer had made it, laying in special inserts on sides of the bottom side (like a school penal).

DSC_0628-1.jpg

DSC_0630-1.jpg

DSC_0631-1.jpg

WISMEC Luxotic BF Box specifications:
Max wattage: 100W;
Battery: One high-rated 18650 battery;
Connector: of 510 BF type, spring-loaded;
Protection list: From short circuit, incorrect battery installation, from low resistance​

In a chain with WISMEC Luxotic BF Box we can see the WISMEC Tobhino atomizer of RDA type, which is small and can work only with one coil, but these specifications don`t spoil its efficiency, because, as we know – small evaporation chamber affects flavor ;) It looks like a child bimbo and looks funny. Of course, it gets hot, when you use fused Clapton or etc. similar «serious» builds.

DSC_0649-1.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg

WISMEC Tobhino parameters:
Height (with 510 drip tip): 29 mm;
Diameter: 22 mm;
Bath depth: about 5 mm;
Color: Stainless Steel​

Tobhino atomizer is really simple in terms of constructive and consists of 4 parts: of base, skirt, adapter to 510/810 drip tip and drip tip by itself.

The base, default, was set with a squonk pin, but it can be changed to a standard one. It allows to set only one coil from small to more serious build, which fixes in convenient racks, which`re located in parallel. The screws are of a high quality and are of hexagonal type. The screwing`s made on the side, and this moment isn`t really convenient, it you use beauty ring: for to fix a build you`ll have to disassembly atomizer and take it off from box mod.
Airflow`s of a side type. The air flows from two opposite sides.

DSC_0661-1.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0662.jpg

The skirt`s made with 3 pairwise holes located on both sides. At the top, the shape of the body becomes narrower and creates the padding for easy maintenance.

DSC_0656.jpg

510 and 810 drip tip adapters `re made of Ultem and fixes to a skirt with the help of o-ring. Of course, if you vape often, they`ll get hot, and, for example, if you use 3 mm diameter builds – you can see that the dimension between the bottom of adapter and your coil – is about 2-3 mm. I think, this is critical, `cause such a way can additionally heat the adapter or melt it, releasing harmful substances.
The manufacturer could make the skirt a little bit higher, and this trouble –could be solved in a such way.

DSC_0651-1.jpg

When set coil, take a look at moment, that one leg you need to bend more. If you don`t do that, it will be difficult to fix the coil.
Actually this is all I would like to tell you, the rest is extremely simple, and you, if you want, can persuade it by yourself.
As for the resistance, I'm not chasing the low values, but with the set 0.08 Ohm it worked perfectly. I'm sure that he will pull out a little less, down to 0.04 Ohm.

WISMEC Tobhino specifications:
Base: With 2 racks for one-coil use;
Airflow: Side;
Filling: Top/bottom;
Connector: of 510 tupe, pin - standard/squonk;
Drip tip: 810, 510

DSC_0672.jpg

Pros:
Sizes;
Quality and assembly (except honeycombs cover);
Flavor;
There is a plate inside;
7,5 ml capacity;
Easy to service;
Vapor;
100W wattage;
510 and 810 drip tips;
Price

Cons:
Fix of a bottom cover;
Not easy to service Tobhino, when the beauty ring is set on;
Dimension between coil and Ultem adapter;
Atomizer gets hot;
«Fire» jingles

CV
WISMEC Luxotic BF Box Kit is a successful attempt to create squonk-mod by WISMEC. It pleases by its sizes, capacity, plate with protections and good-looking. Among the most critical moments, I can point out only the unreliable attachment of the honeycombs cover. If you lose it – can also lose a bottle with juice or make your hands dirty. Guys from WISMEC, think about it.
As for Tobhino RDA, I have more questions. For example, i`m not satisfied with the dimension between coil and adapter: it prevents to use large coils. And the tough service, when the beauty ring is on..
But the flavor and vapor, bath depth, coil set – are of a high level, i`m really impressed and satisfied.
To be or not to be? I say «to be»! Not looking at some moments, the kit is qualitative, and I hope, that WISMEC will work after them in future, when plan to launch products of a similar type and appearance.
As for the price, you can buy WISMEC Luxotic BF Box Kit for 39-45$, and I think, this`s cool.​

You can buy WISMEC Luxotic BF Box Kit here.

VU Sponsors