Become a Patron!

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both! I think both are great mods and serve different purposes. If you are looking for a mod to use at home and vape meets, get the RX200. The cuboid is amazing, but it's what I use as a pocket mod now.

I have 2 RX200 & they are definitely not very practical as a pocket mod lol kinda tired of carrying that big ass thing in my pocket. My evic vt can no longer keep up with my high wattage rda builds or my SS TC tanks, so I just bought a Cuboid as my new carry around all day mod too.

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just found out why my battery gets stuck in the compartment,
ITS WAS THE DAMN AUTHENTICITY STICKER
MY YELLOW LG STILL DONT FIRE THIS SNICKER BAR

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
d04cfa598b02cb696eadb0d022f41e2f.jpg

VAPE ON

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
VLS? I doubt that...
You're certainly entitled to doubt. Doubting can be a healthy thing. VLS are still a Japanese producer. I won't belabor the point. You can do your own homework... or not. :)

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like my Cuboid, but the 25 amp limit in the firmware aggravates me. My all day RDA is a .22 build that the Cuboid can push to 138 watts. So the Cuboid fits my needs, carries well, and it is a very nice MOD. However, the Cuboid firmware can only push a .11 build to 68 watts. Same build on an RX200 can do 200 watts. The TC on the Cuboid seems more precise. Battery life obviously better on an RX200. They are very close in size and weight, even though the RX200 is carrying a 3rd battery. The RX200 fits better in your hand, and the Cuboid fits better in your pocket, Now that the RX200 V3 firmware is out, and it can do TCR it would probably be my recommendation. The RX200 is just a more capable device. At only $4 more the RX200 would give you more options since you already have the evic. VapeNW has either the RX200 39.99, or the Cuboid 35.99, plus $5 shipping. For the price of the MODS spend $85 and you can get them both including shipping. You can never have to many MODS or guns.

Uncle Kojak

Member For 4 Years
I have the Cuboid, it feels like a house brick in my hand, sorry but I'm just not crazy about it. It's very well built I can't fault it in that respect but I wasn't expecting the weight (375 grams with two 18650 batteries and a Crown tank). Most people will be happy with it but the heavy body (zinc alloy) makes me not want to pick it up.

Last edited:

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both. I just got the RX200 operating right this morning. Had issues with getting the firmware installed right. <<< Freaky stuff. The Cuboid has been perfect out of the box. LG HE4's are firing both of them. And I honestly don't care about the amp's concerning either be it input or output. I bought these's mods for use in TC SS, Ni, Ti. And both are doing that job great! I just have no need to push high power and high inhale air temps. Time will tell if the RX200 batterys will last longer than the Cubiods at the same setting. Right now neither's batterys have any long life because I've been chain vaping the hell out of both of them since late last week. :) I don't care about weight or shape. It is what it is. How one or the other feels in my hands has absolutely no meaning to me. Left or right hand firing with my thumb, index or fuck you finger. It's all good and it all works.

It's time to go to the vape shop. time to vape visit and have a few beers.

20160125_132039.jpg

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I did notice slightly better build with my Vulcan, maybe they moved production with the Vector?
Huh. My Vector was about as nicely a machined bit of kit as you'd ever want to see. I think it's my most favouritest piece of vape gear--in part because of that.

darkshaft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can someone provide us with battery life on cuboid compared to rx200

darkshaft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rx gives me about 5 more hours than my cuboid

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
Thats a noticeable difference, so if am an average vaper i might not get a full day of vaping with cuboid right?

darkshaft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does cuboid with it's amp limit behave as other dual 18650 mods like ipv4s, for example will cuboid and ipv4s fire 0.11 ohm coil at 70w max or ipv4s will be able to fire it at 120 watts for example?

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will max out on its volt limit. So depends on your build

darkshaft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will max out on its volt limit. So depends on your build

What am saying, that if we have cuboid, and ipv4s both with same batteries, and both running 0.11 ohm build, the cuboid will only be able to max out at 70w for example, while ipv4s will max out at 110 w for example. Is this true for cuboid the amp limit is lower than other dual 18650?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why build so low on a regulated device?

My thoughts in general. I rarely build that low on a regulated but some like to.

The cuboid has built in safety features that restrict your watts. Personally this has not been a problem for me. I build around .2 -.3 on most of my RDAs and like a lower watt to conserve battery life. I've found the Cuboid has decent battery life for sure. Of course three batteries last longer - the RX is a different beast entirely. There are things about the cuboid i dislike - I cannot clean the front plate. It is always spotty no matter what I do. The menu system is okay at best. But overall I enjoy it. I can at least use a .1 ohm coil if I choose to and there are some great mods out there that only allow down to .2. This has the flexibility to at least vape a .11 coil.

QNhqlYW.jpg

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I mean is, why not use the volts available and increase the surface area with higher Ohms maybe 0.4 to 0.7R. At the same time yes the great thing about this hobby is the choice available, different means to an end.

darkshaft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why not? Regulated mods are the best,safest thing, it doesn't matter how high or low you VAPE
f35d13e72d31d31545cb2649573b8fc7.jpg

AT WORK LOL

Vape On
Do you prefer rx200 or cuboid? And is there any difference between them in power mode or TC?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my Cuboid, but the 25 amp limit in the firmware aggravates me. My all day RDA is a .22 build that the Cuboid can push to 138 watts. So the Cuboid fits my needs, carries well, and it is a very nice MOD. However, the Cuboid firmware can only push a .11 build to 68 watts. Same build on an RX200 can do 200 watts. The TC on the Cuboid seems more precise. Battery life obviously better on an RX200. They are very close in size and weight, even though the RX200 is carrying a 3rd battery. The RX200 fits better in your hand, and the Cuboid fits better in your pocket, Now that the RX200 V3 firmware is out, and it can do TCR it would probably be my recommendation. The RX200 is just a more capable device. At only $4 more the RX200 would give you more options since you already have the evic. VapeNW has either the RX200 39.99, or the Cuboid 35.99, plus $5 shipping. For the price of the MODS spend $85 and you can get them both including shipping. You can never have to many MODS or guns.
That's why I won't buy one. Wanted one but its meh now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkshaft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need help understanding amp limit, do all dual 18650 have same amp limit as cuboid, meaning if i use same batteries with sqme ohm they will all max out at same wattage?? Or cuboid has lower amp limit?

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's why I won't buy one. Wanted one but its meh now

At $35, I'm happy with it. When I first got it, I thought the 25 amp firmware was going to be a big turn off, I even considered returning it. If your wanting to run between .1 to .2 in power mode, this isn't the best MOD. I'm usually between .22-.25 at about 80 watts, and it does real well with that. We will sit in the shop and if someone has a TC build or tank, we will try it on different MODS to see how it does, The Cuboid seems smoother regulating the temp than the Fuchai, or the RX200. I really didn't think I was going to like it when I first got it, but I keep picking it up over the others. I've got a Herakles I put on it for my away setup, it's a good setup, and performs as well as anything out there. The Cuboid is heavy though, close to the same as an RX200, and heavier than the Fuchai. With the weight of the Cuboid, it is probably not going to end well if dropped on the glass front. All things considered, If I was an advanced vapor that had no other 200 watt MODS, and was looking for a do everything MOD in this price range, my vote would still be the RX200. But if your looking for a good average vapor MOD, with really good TC, at $35, the Cuboid is a solid choice.

darkshaft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At $35, I'm happy with it. When I first got it, I thought the 25 amp firmware was going to be a big turn off, I even considered returning it. If your wanting to run between .1 to .2 in power mode, this isn't the best MOD. I'm usually between .22-.25 at about 80 watts, and it does real well with that. We will sit in the shop and if someone has a TC build or tank, we will try it on different MODS to see how it does, The Cuboid seems smoother regulating the temp than the Fuchai, or the RX200. I really didn't think I was going to like it when I first got it, but I keep picking it up over the others. I've got a Herakles I put on it for my away setup, it's a good setup, and performs as well as anything out there. The Cuboid is heavy though, close to the same as an RX200, and heavier than the Fuchai. With the weight of the Cuboid, it is probably not going to end well if dropped on the glass front. All things considered, If I was an advanced vapor that had no other 200 watt MODS, and was looking for a do everything MOD in this price range, my vote would still be the RX200. But if your looking for a good average vapor MOD, with really good TC, at $35, the Cuboid is a solid choice.

Any difference in TC between RX and cuboid?

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need help understanding amp limit, do all dual 18650 have same amp limit as cuboid, meaning if i use same batteries with sqme ohm they will all max out at same wattage?? Or cuboid has lower amp limit?
Joyetech built amp limits into the firmware. You can not set any settings that would allow the Cuboid to go over 25 amps using ohm's law, regardless what batteries you have. You can take any resistance and multiply it by 625, and you can see your max wattage on the Cuboid. If you had a .22 build, 137.5 watts is where the Cuboid will limit your settings. .22 X 625 = 137.5 Other dual 18650 MOD's will let you enter it into the settings, then either not go there, or use PWM to get there. The Cuboid will not let you put it in the settings.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any difference in TC between RX and cuboid?
I think the TC feels much smoother on the Cuboid. You can actually feel the RX200 turning the power on and off during the inhale.

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Huh. My Vector was about as nicely a machined bit of kit as you'd ever want to see. I think it's my most favouritest piece of vape gear--in part because of that.
Yours will be the same as mine. It is excellently machined indeed, the Vulcan is more "heavy duty" tho.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yours will be the same as mine. It is excellently machined indeed, the Vulcan is more "heavy duty" tho.

Jim, theVulcan & Vector bases are machined to the same quality. Vulcan has two sets of thumbscrews and one set of hex. The Vulcan really does show a higher level of tooling quality in the barrel sleeve and top cap. Flavor is very good. Heat sinks work well, doesn't get hot. Air flow is good but not big, not adjustable (unless you swap in a JayBo comp cap). Does not come with a DT. Use your own 510. Has a super nice presentation box. Made in Japan. Sell you mine cheap if you want it. Think about it. Really!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oh, I'm not considering a Vulcan. But thanks for the offer :)

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
ddf27a5cf4df4fc5b351bdda2e12085c.jpg

Finally got my rx200

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everyone says it's so heavy, but coming from using a Smok Xcube 2 and my daily rog, I feel like I downsized in the weight dept o_O

Love the feel of the RX200 though. They did a great job cramming an extra battery in there and actually making it MORE comfortable to hold. Love this thing.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the Cuboid, the RX200 and the RX200S. I love all three. For pure size and feel, I still like the Cuboid best of all my mods and to me it still has the best screen in the business. For pure beer can macho badassness (with a great in your hand feel), the RX200/RX200S rules. The Cuboid is getting harder to find, surprising to me it's not a best seller like the RX200/S. With all the in your face deals going on with the RX200/S, you can get one cheaper than the Cuboid.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors