Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
upload_2019-3-19_22-0-51.png

I received this kit from wismec for the purpose of this writing. The following is an account of my experience.

The Tinker is a 300w, 3 18650, feature packed tc capable mod, that comes either alone or in a kit with the column subohm mesh tank. The mod is said to be designed and inspired by some older basketball shoes. I’ll claim my inner nerd here and say that I don’t really see it(was never into shoes or basketball though, I was a band nerd). What I do see is a laundry list of features, and a mod that I found to be both a great performer; and, quite comfortable hold.

upload_2019-3-19_22-1-20.png

When you order receive the kit, you will get two boxes in a sleeve. In the boxes will be:

Mod:

• 1 - REULEAUX TINKER
  • 1 - QC USB Cable
  • Spare Parts
Tank

• 1 - COLUMN
  • 2 - User Manual
  • 2 - WL01 Single 0.15ohm Head
  • 1 - Warning Card
  • Spare glass, orings

What are the mod measurements and specs?

· Size: 44mm (1.73in) x 56mm(2.2in) x 78.3mm(3.08in)
Weight: 203.6g
· Thread type: 510 spring loaded connector
· Cell type: high-rate 18650 cell (discharging current should be above 25A)
· Output mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
· Output wattage: 1-300W
· Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes
0.05-3.5ohm for VW mode
· Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉(TC modes)
· Maximum charging current: 2A
· Output voltage range: 0.5-8V

As you can see the mod is stable down to a 0.05 ohm resistance and has 2A speed charging. Additionally, the tinker has all of the safety features one could expect from a regulated mod today: reverse polarity, 10s cutoff, overcharge, over discharge, over current protections. It does have some heft to it, but no more than I would expect from a 3 battery mod. The body curves are placed in such a way that it falls in your hand with exquisite ergonomics.

The spring loaded 510 is mounted below the top plate as well. This gives it a nice flush appearance and ensures me that gone are the days of the 510 giving issues. I have not experienced any issue at all with this mod.
upload_2019-3-19_22-4-39.png

How does it feel?

It feels good, as I said. The mod just fits.it is much more comfortable for me to hold than some of my previous owned triple battery mods. The change from sharp corners to rounded ones, really helps give it a more natural feel. I no longer own my triades, but you can see the difference in design in the picture above with the sharp edges of the previous body style reuleaux. While the mod curves more and gives the appearance of being larger, it is not.

upload_2019-3-19_22-5-42.png
Those rounded corners causes the back to feel as though it bulges out a bit, which fits in the palm nicely. One slight issue I had with the feel was fire button and what appears to be curved lines embossed on it. The lines don’t bother me as much as the fact that they are asymmetrical. I would have preferred either flat or a more symmetrical pattern here. That said, the fire button as well as adjustment buttons are all easy to find.

upload_2019-3-19_22-6-1.png

So with so many features how is it to operate?

EASY and INTUITIVE!

· 5 clicks to turn on and off and 5 clicks to turn on
· 3 clicks brings you to a menu screen with 4 options

o Mode- lets you switch to power or tc
o Set- lets you set preheat, resistance, stealth, timeout, clock, and option for the main display to show amperage or puff counter in lower right corner
o Info- lets you see the battery level for each cell and firmware version

The main screen shows you

Amperage(or puff counter), power, volts, resistance, and time

upload_2019-3-19_22-6-36.pngupload_2019-3-19_22-6-41.png

The battery door is another nice plus over some other three battery mods. The door opens at the bottom and has ZERO play. Its nice and firm with a nice “snap” upon closure. The battery Polarity is clearly marked and easy to see; and, it has plenty of venting.

upload_2019-3-19_22-7-9.png
upload_2019-3-19_22-7-22.png

So how does it vape?

GREAT!

Ive gotten plenty of battery life out of it, it fits up to a 25 mm atomizer flush, the power while the accelerometer is a bit slow, moves in 1 watt increments (it does 0.1 up to 20w).

The mod is highly responsive and I thoroughly enjoy the preheat and boost functions. I keep praising the comfort of the mod; but the firing and battery life can’t be overlooked. At 75w with a 0.15 ohm build, I am getting days before having to swap batteries.

I have never and will never advise anyone to charge from their mod. However, I did test this, and it appears to be properly balance charging the cells. In a pinch it would work, but still, always use an external charger to ensure safety and longevity of the cell.

Pros:

· Plenty of battery life
· Clearly marked polarity
· Ergonomic
· Easy to find fire button
· Plenty of safety features
· Plenty of features overall including TC, boost
· Upgradeable firmware
· Build quality is great
· General appearance
· The kit completely matches
· durable

Cons:

· It is big and a bit hefty, there is no way around that
· Asymmetrical embossing on fire button
· General appearance ( this is a pro and a con as some may not like it)
· Slow accelerometer without round robbin

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
COLUMN TANK

The column is the tank that comes with the tinker kit.

This is a nice tank, it performs well, and is clearly meant as the match companion for the mod. It is designed to fit color coded to the mod and carries over some design aesthetics. Those design aesthetics make it difficult to find other mods to match well with it. However; it performs exceptionally well and is an ideal companion for the mod, should you like subohmn tanks.

upload_2019-3-19_22-9-17.png

What are the specs of the tank?

· Diameter: 28mm(1.1 in) 25mm at base (0.98in)
· Height: 54mm (2.13in)
· Weight: 60.2g
· E-liquid capacity: 6.5ml/2ml

Yes, you are seeing that correctly. 6.5ml in a subtank. To top it off, it’s a nice performer. The bore of the chimney/coil is 6.6mm, giving it a great outlet for the tons of vapor it produces.

upload_2019-3-19_22-10-0.png

The airflow is more than ample, so much so that I find myself turning it down to only 2 of the 6, 2mmx4mm airholes on each side. You can literally shut it down to almost zero airflow or open it up enough to breathe through without resistance. In addition the tolerance of the airflow ring is perfect to hold it in place without accidentally changing it; but, still allow you to easily adjust it when you want.

upload_2019-3-19_22-10-32.png

As you can see here, the coils are mesh, giving it fantastic flavor to go with the plumes of vapor that it emits. They are constructed to include a large chimney above the actual mesh, rather having the chimney as part of the tank itself.

upload_2019-3-19_22-10-56.png

The tank incorporates a slide to fill, topfill system. It has a very nice satisfying snap, when you open and close it. It also has sufficient resistance to not accidentally open on you, should you drop it in a bag.

0D86226C-18C1-4E4E-B566-6CDC8C7C26ED.jpeg

It should also be mentioned that the tank uses an 810 driptip, and works well with all 810 driptips that I’ve tried.

While the 510 does appear to protrude amply, I still cannot in good conscience advise anyone to use it on a hybrid mechanical.

Pros:

· Performance: It produces haunted house levels of flavorful vapor
· Build construction
· Color matching glass and overall design
· Coils are top notch
· Top fill snaps in place
· Ample airflow
· 6.5 ml of juice capacity

Cons

· It will only look good on the tinker
· Juice consumption.

Overall what was your opinion of the kit?

I have enjoyed my time with this kit. I’ve used it primarily around the house, since I prefer my squonk boxes on the road. The fact that I can get days from a charge, makes it a highly attractive option in my arsenal. The flavor and vapor production from the matching tank make it equally attractive. The tank will consume juice quickly; but, at 75-85w its hard to find something that won’t. The 6.5 ml capacity of the tank make it a great option for that level of high-volume vaping. I am finding the life expectancy of the coils to be quite superb. The one I dismantled was still working perfectly fine after having about 12 tanks put through it. This will be one that shall remain at my work station, since I don’t have to be concerned so much about battery life.

For more information please see:
http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-tinker-with-column/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors