Become a Patron!

Wismec RX 2/3 Error Check Battery

Hi, i got serious problem today. 4 hours ago i took off all of my battery and charge it with external battery charger. after it was fully charger i plug it into my Wismec RX 2/3 mod. i use two battery. after i put on back cover it says "check battery". so i turn the device off and press all three button simulateonsly and the device detect 3 battery "4.19" "0" "4.18". does anyone know how to fix this ?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, i got serious problem today. 4 hours ago i took off all of my battery and charge it with external battery charger. after it was fully charger i plug it into my Wismec RX 2/3 mod. i use two battery. after i put on back cover it says "check battery". so i turn the device off and press all three button simulateonsly and the device detect 3 battery "4.19" "0" "4.18". does anyone know how to fix this ?
Unscrew that little screw inside the back cover....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh it's giving you (3) batteries with only 2...... Check the owners manual for battery error messages

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a thread.... Wismec Realeux RX2/3 TC Mod

I have the exact same problem have you figured out how to fix it yet?

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you guys using the cover for 3 batteries instead of the 2 battery cover?

2 or 3 batts cover, not working either. i have the same issue too. they say tight the screw inside the battery which was covered by a small foam. but still, not working. what should we do now? :(

Guys, mine got fixed from "Check Battery" issue! Go to a Vape Shop Repair, they will unscrew the mod. Some wirings got disconnected which check battery will occur. Do not do it on your own. They will solder the disconnected wire again. But it was pretty tough to fix the RX 2/3 mod. So make sure to go to your nearest vape shop repair. I hope this would help. Thanks!

Guys, mine got fixed from "Check Battery" issue! Go to a Vape Shop Repair, they will unscrew the mod. Some wirings got disconnected which check battery will occur. Do not do it on your own. They will solder the disconnected wire again. But it was pretty tough to fix the RX 2/3 mod. So make sure to go to your nearest vape shop repair. I hope this would help. Thanks!

Thanks for this^

I just had the same problem this morning with "check battery" error. I opened my RX 2/3 and saw a red wire was unsoldered from the battery compartment (not the chip itself). I soldered it myself since it is not from the chip side and now it is working again.

Before doing this, also check the gold screw under the foam near the upper left black screw. Tighten it and see if it works.

It's not unsoldered, it breaks due to the battery pin moves during battery replacement as it spring loaded. They have a sticker holding the wire which also restricting the wire travel to the end connection point.

Also looking at the wire it's super cheap wire. When I do the 510, will be upgrading the wiring in the unit.

I've only had my rx 2/3 for a couple months and I got the check battery error this morning while using the 2 battery cover. I tried using 3 batteries for the first time and it works fine. seems like something with the 2 battery cover is not clicking correctly at the bottom. maybe I need to get another cover so I can use it in 2 battery mode? :(

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fixing to pick up a rx2/3 on Friday with this issue to repair it. Will let yall know how it goes. (Have mod building experience)

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

Thanks for this^

I just had the same problem this morning with "check battery" error. I opened my RX 2/3 and saw a red wire was unsoldered from the battery compartment (not the chip itself). I soldered it myself since it is not from the chip side and now it is working again.

Before doing this, also check the gold screw under the foam near the upper left black screw. Tighten it and see if it works.

what size is the allen key screws

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
9f7675b8e6fa2a098ebe6db9b120f673.jpg
this is what causes the battery check error...poor design..

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now that's scary! 18g wire on a 3 battery mod= Time bomb. 40.00 China junk!!
Its more like 24 or smaller...Will be using something larger to rewire, once I find my soldering iron...think it's in my dad's shop.

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

Can someone tell me how to completely disassemble the mod? I am able to get the faceplate off but the battery compartment won't budge. Do I have to unscrew the 2 little star shaped screws on the bottom? If so what tool do I use because I don't have that shape at all

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Its more like 24 or smaller...Will be using something larger to rewire, once I find my soldering iron...think it's in my dad's shop.

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.
I've been saying this forever but everyone ignores it lol. Wismec mods are poor quality. they really skimped to get that low price point

sohkis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can someone tell me how to completely disassemble the mod? I am able to get the faceplate off but the battery compartment won't budge. Do I have to unscrew the 2 little star shaped screws on the bottom? If so what tool do I use because I don't have that shape at all
wondering the same, any updates on disassembling the rx2/3?

I've removed the 2 torx screws underneath the mod & the bottom of the battery tray has some more play, gotta depress the battery cover button to slide the bottom of the battery tray out but seems like something up top is holding on right. I don't wanna snap anything accidentally with too much pressure.

anyone got any tips on removing the battery tray?

thanks in advance

**edit**

managed to get the tray most of the way out, looks like the tiny red wire has come un-soldered from the top positive connection
rx2-3_break.jpg

alright, all soldered up & back in action. as others have said, it was due to the movement of the positive pin when batteries are swapped. no need to remove the 2 torx screws, they just hold the bottom button assembly in. make sure you get the 4 phillips (1 in each corner) & the gold phillips behind the foam near the top left of the upper negative terminal, then pull the battery tray out from the top

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
managed to get the tray most of the way out, looks like the tiny red wire has come un-soldered from the top positive connection
not the first I have read about this, luckily all 3 of mine (2 in rotation) are fine

This just happened to mine. I was able to pull it apart and resolder it. Not mentioned in this forum, there is a hole in the battery cover with a foam pad in it with a screw behind. In order to remove the battery tray this foam must be moved out of the way, and the screw must be removed. They should have made that a stranded wire instead of solid and it wouldn't break on everyone. I opened the torx on the bottom too and all 3 springs fell out, it was challenging to get them back in but i ended up using loctite gel control glue (pressure cure) on both sides of the larger spring to get the assembly to stay together while I put it back in.

E-VAPOURIZED

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Similar problem, if not the same? Quick careful touch with soldering iron should sort this? Yes the wire should be more robust a weakness in the design! :sad:

E-VAPOURIZED

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No need to remove top cover completely and have those springs fall out, just hook the screw behind, gives a little more access!

the main problem with the design is that the wire connected to that battery terminal is on a spring. Moving parts should be connected with stranded wire, not solid wire. even with a quick solder job, it will keep falling apart through use due to this design flaw. all in all its a pretty decent mod though.ive had mods that fall apart way faster than this one

Well, this is still a problem. My 2/3 is only a month old and it happened to me. Thanks to you all here, I knew what to do to fix it. I was back up and vaping within an hour. If it happens again, I'm going to replace that damn wire.

VenisEnvy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Sigelei Fuchai Duo-3 and had the same "Check Battery" error. I looked up the issue and it was the screw in the back (where the batteries are). In my mod, I tightened ever so slightly all three screws. Bada Bing, Bada Boom, I'm vaping up the room. Thanks everyone, you saved my sanity. Whats left of it anyway. :bliss:Well, its the next day..I knew my sanity wouldnt last..Went to change batteries and the same error came on. Messed with the screws, took it completely apart to check wires, and still says check battery. I cleaned all terminals and batteries, it seems to be charging/working. Then I get check battery again. Ahhh, I need a cig and a beer stat! :cry:

Last edited:

VenisEnvy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Sigelei Fuchai Duo-3 and had the same "Check Battery" error. I looked up the issue and it was the screw in the back (where the batteries are). In my mod, I tightened ever so slightly all three screws. Bada Bing, Bada Boom, I'm vaping up the room. Thanks everyone, you saved my sanity. Whats left of it anyway. :bliss:Well, its the next day..I knew my sanity wouldnt last..Went to change batteries and the same error came on. Messed with the screws, took it completely apart to check wires, and still says check battery. I cleaned all terminals and batteries, it seems to be charging/working. Then I get check battery again. Ahhh, I need a cig and a beer stat! :cry:
Well...Its a week later and another Vape bites the dust. Had battery issues with it, then it started to auto fire. I really liked this vape too. RIP Fuchai. I think I'm cursed when it comes to vapes. It's the third one I bought that bit the dirt. Back to the drawing board. :xD:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They should have made that a stranded wire instead of solid and it wouldn't break on everyone.

You are 100% correct. Any time a wire might be subjected to movement, the correct wire to use is stranded. Otherwise metal fatigue will take its toll.

Equally applicable to mods. cars, or passenger jets.

I'm a big Wismec fan, but the 2/3 has design issues. If I need to open a mod for repair, I upgrade the wiring. Usually though, the wire is adequate. Barely. Not so on the 2/3. I would take a prophylactic approach with the 2/3, because if it has not already failed, and you use an external charger, and remove and replace your batts, it WILL fail sooner or later

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
get battle star and never have issues
does anyone with battlestar even know what a misfire is or experienced? cuz i haven't i just laugh at all these new mods comming out

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
does anyone with battlestar even know what a misfire is or experienced? cuz i haven't i just laugh at all these new mods comming out

Still using my RX200 over 2 years later, every day, and very hard use. Runs like a champ.

Paid $60 for it.

I just laugh at all these new mods coming out too......

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still using my RX200 over 2 years later, every day, and very hard use. Runs like a champ.

Paid $60 for it.

I just laugh at all these new mods coming out too......
Funny my 200s took a shit on me , so did rx2/3 , wizmec never made good products so many post complaining about them

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my first mods was a RX 2/3. I like it but I had to replace the wire and it still works. However, it doesn't read resistances accurately. I have 3 Battlestars and the RX is in the box as a last choice backup.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One of my first mods was a RX 2/3. I like it but I had to replace the wire and it still works. However, it doesn't read resistances accurately. I have 3 Battlestars and the RX is in the box as a last choice backup.
How do you like your battlestars considering you have 3 lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My first mod was the RX2/3. I was lucky so I didn't have to replace the wire and it still works. It reads resistances a little bit higher than other mods by other brands so it's not that accurate, but then again I only care about resistances on a mech. In wattage mode it does everything it needs to do plus more. Plus more = power curves (see screenshot pic below) used for preheat thanks to ArcticFox firmware and the accompanying NToolbox software. Power curves done right are what give me the best flavor on a regulated mod excepting only some PWM regulated mods like, for example, my Surric Vapes X-Vault Timeless Edition. (I own two of them.) But the RX2/3 doesn't have a whole lot of battery power so I usually grab an RX300 instead. (I own two of them). Most of the time I'm on one of my 15 mech mods, though. To me, regardless of which mod you give me, temp control is like practicing wheels on a bicycle... no joke.

power curve.jpg

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you like your battlestars considering you have 3 lol

I like them quite a bit. The oldest is about 6-7 months and has gotten a huge amount of use. It's my preferred mod for going out due to it's form and dependability. It's one of those things that always works and we tend to take those things for granted after a time. I use both wattage and TC and have never felt they were lacking in any way. I have the Drag and it's great as well, but that's for house as the form is larger and not as comfortable to carry.

That being said I'm getting into squonking. At this point I'm doing both so I don't know if I'll make a complete switch. Either way, I'll be holding onto them until either they die or I die.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm getting into squonking

Sigh. And I'm going to get a tattoo. So I can be a unique individual. Just like everybody else. lol :facepalm:

Too bad someone does not design an atomizer that, stores its juice INSIDE! And instead of fighting gravity uses it! Think of the extra battery capacity without all that space taken up by by bottles and hoses!

That would be marvelous. :xD:

Hi ..had problems to and it was were the batterys go in to the battery holder not the cover..there are good color caps 2big ones and a small one .small one is for the cover contact..there are springs in all the the caps ..my bottom spings were corrosion on it and the plastic was also corroded ..were the little screws didn't hold the bottom plastic cover plates ..so there were not contact from batterys and also the check battery problem came ..I thought it was the red battery cable in side on top of the wismec jayBo reuleaux 2/3 ..no it was fine ..it's the bottom ..take it apart and look at the bottom of the plastic battery holder to see is anY corrosion or you liquids mybe dropped down in side like my did ..

Hi ..had problems to and it was were the batterys go in to the battery holder not the cover..there are gold color caps 2big ones and a small one .small one is for the cover contact..there are springs in all the the caps ..my bottom spings were corrosion on it and the plastic was also corroded ..were the little screws didn't hold the bottom plastic cover plates ..so there were not contact from batterys and also the check battery problem came ..I thought it was the red battery cable in side on top of the wismec jayBo reuleaux 2/3 ..no it was fine ..it's the bottom ..take it apart and look at the bottom of the plastic battery holder to see is anY corrosion or you liquids mybe dropped down in side like my did ..

Last edited:
I just got me a wismec jayBo gen 3 ..I hope it holds longer then the wismec jayBo reuleaux 2/3 ..if anybody has one that's totally damage..I can use a spender..thanks guys

wondering the same, any updates on disassembling the rx2/3?

I've removed the 2 torx screws underneath the mod & the bottom of the battery tray has some more play, gotta depress the battery cover button to slide the bottom of the battery tray out but seems like something up top is holding on right. I don't wanna snap anything accidentally with too much pressure.

anyone got any tips on removing the battery tray?

thanks in advance

**edit**

View attachment 69940

alright, all soldered up & back in action. as others have said, it was due to the movement of the positive pin when batteries are swapped. no need to remove the 2 torx screws, they just hold the bottom button assembly in. make sure you get the 4 phillips (1 in each corner) & the gold phillips behind the foam near the top left of the upper negative terminal, then pull the battery tray out from the top

I need that battery holder or tray for a wismec jayBo reuleaux 2/3 ..were can I get one .. mine was corroded. Plastic was crumbs on the bottom of my wismec..here's a link to show you ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bqi1acgihwfhus0/AAAJ8QwfSOtNm6x3CfEFyhrKa?dl=0

VU Sponsors