Become a Patron!

Wismec RX200 issue

Hello vapers,
im new member of this side and i have some big trouble with my rx200!
Its the "Check Battery" issue!
The Mod doesnt find Battery 1 and 2.....
Im not a newbie vapor and i know all about vaping.
im dissesembly the mod and desolder the wires.
its not a wire problem or contact problem.Its the chip itself.
but where on the chip is the componets that make this issue....

is there anyone outhere with the same issue and a solution??

BTW: Im from Germany and my English is very.............pain in the ass^^.......

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Before you disassembled the device did you check it with the eScribe Software and use the Device Monitor? That has the DNA chip doesn't it?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Before you disassembled the device did you check it with the eScribe Software and use the Device Monitor? That has the DNA chip doesn't it?
he said the RX200, that is Joyetech's chip inside not the DNA

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello vapers,

BTW: Im from Germany and my English is very.............pain in the ass^^.......
Are you attempting to troubleshoot the circuit board, desolder and replace the defective component? this will most probably be a massive project without much hope for a positive outcome, if the connections from the battery to the board are intact and your batteries are balanced and not defective and the mod still gives you a "check battery" message then it is time to ditch this one and buy a new mod!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Isn't there eScribe Software for the RX 200? I guess it is just the Firmware upgrade software huh?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Isn't there eScribe Software for the RX 200? I guess it is just the Firmware upgrade software huh?
No there is no software management tool for the RX200, only a simple Firmware upgrade tool, everything else is done on the device itself.

@knebebelmeyer have you tried to downgrade and then upgrade the Firmware to reset it in case it is a software glitch? Other than that there is not much you can do to fix this especially when neither you nor any of us have the circuit board design diagram for this device.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Vapomizer I saw a selection for the RX 200 when I downloaded the software for my DNA and I was mistaken that the RX200 had the same functionality as the DNA Software.

i have a lot of devices and its not necessary to fix the issues but i do this to study and learning and for fun^^.....there are many people out there with the same issues and may someone have a solution! There was one guy in this forum he dissesembly the mod and make some pics.perhaps he have an idea or any other solution to help me with my mod.....
BTW: I habe an other one of these rx200 boxes with issues......this mod do not detect any atomizer....and in this case its the chip too!!
if someone have a good idea/hint or someone know what i have to do now pls write a comment in this thread!!:...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
i have a lot of devices and its not necessary to fix the issues but i do this to study and learning and for fun^^.....there are many people out there with the same issues and may someone have a solution! There was one guy in this forum he dissesembly the mod and make some pics.perhaps he have an idea or any other solution to help me with my mod.....
BTW: I habe an other one of these rx200 boxes with issues......this mod do not detect any atomizer....and in this case its the chip too!!
if someone have a good idea/hint or someone know what i have to do now pls write a comment in this thread!!:...
I heard people are having issues with the 510 pin on the RX200. That's why they redesigned the 510 connection on the RX200S.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Many people who actually own the 200S seem to think the 510 is better than the RX200

I don't have the original but my 200S 510 connector seems to be just fine.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heard people are having issues with the 510 pin on the RX200. That's why they redesigned the 510 connection on the RX200S.
Many people who actually own the 200S seem to think the 510 is better than the RX200

I don't have the original but my 200S 510 connector seems to be just fine.
I am not sure how they redesigned it by making it shorted/shallower when everyone was asking for a deeper 510?! the only reason i can think of behind their stubbornness and unwillingness to listen to the market is to make the 510 more suitable for their own atomizers to encourage people to buy attys from them instead of the competition since their mods have the largest market share. it is like creating an ecosystem for their products the same way Apple and Sony PlayStation do it, could be a crazy idea but i do not know what else to think!

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I am not sure how they redesigned it by making it shorted/shallower when everyone was asking for a deeper 510?! the only reason i can think of behind their stubbornness and unwillingness to listen to the market is to make the 510 more suitable for their own atomizers to encourage people to buy attys from them instead of the competition since their mods have the largest market share. it is like creating an ecosystem for their products the same way Apple and Sony PlayStation do it, could be a crazy idea but i do not know what else to think!
I can't say whether or not it is shallower but I can say for sure than my Tobeco Velocity clones bottom out nicely. The first time installing them the spring was stiff but ever since then (probably 100 removal and reattaches) it's perfect.

no no in my case its not the 510er connectior or battery wires!!....its on the chip itself! there must be a damage or brocken componets on the chip....
may any people knows my issue and tell me whats the way to find a solution.....

yes, few times.....but not every single time....most charging in external charger.....i guess it has something to do with charging via Usb....

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The 510 connector on my 200S seems a bit shoddy. It's a little bit shallow and it doesn't appear to be secured well, with my vaporesso tank being able to shift to and fro when it's on it. I haven't had the check battery issue, but have been charging batteries with an external charger.

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah not even once. I wouldn't charge in the box
yes, few times.....but not every single time....most charging in external charger.....i guess it has something to do with charging via Usb....
thats what happened, rx200 should not be used to charge batteries. I take my batteries out just to do firmware updates.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello vapers,

This is why Im afraid to use an external charger. I feel it will wear down the battery sled. I just bought the RX200S and I been charging it internal with a usb. Try new batteries

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This is why Im afraid to use an external charger. I feel it will wear down the battery sled. I just bought the RX200S and I been charging it internal with a usb. Try new batteries
Use an external charger the rx200 can NOT balance charge properly. It can't even accurately Read individual cell voltages.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use an external charger the rx200 can NOT balance charge properly. It can't even accurately Read individual cell voltages.
I just bought the 4 bay nitecore. But the new RX200S has been charging pretty well internally so far. My external gets delivered tomorrow.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still think switching the batteries all the time will wear down the battery sled

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I just bought the 4 bay nitecore. But the new RX200S has been charging pretty well internally so far. My external gets delivered tomorrow.
Until it doesn't until one battery won't take a charge anymore or worse the board fails

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've removed my batteries ever day since December and not had one issue with the battery sled.
Do you think the new version (RX200S)has been fixed and the internal charging is better? I charged it twice to 100 percent with no issues

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Do you think the new version (RX200S)has been fixed and the internal charging is better? I charged it twice to 100 percent with no issues
No issues yet, the batteries will slowly drift apart in voltage, the mod will not recognize it and it will become a dangerous situation.
I do not think they have made any changes to the rx200s I have checked mine and it still can't accurately read voltages.

It's a good mod but it just can't do balance charging.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No issues yet, the batteries will slowly drift apart in voltage, the mod will not recognize it and it will become a dangerous situation.
I do not think they have made any changes to the rx200s I have checked mine and it still can't accurately read voltages.

Thanks for the info

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

So you are basing your information on one unit?? What are you using to compare the charges?

CraigVM62

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just checked the battery voltages shown by my RX-200 then metered them to see how accurate the mod was. I found the mod to be reading high by .15 .10 and .02 volts. Granted my Nitecore D4 was also off by roughly the same amount when I inserted each in to be charged. I am now waiting for the charger to show all completely charged to see what they show fresh out of the charger.

Problem is I am running 3 generic batteries labeled as 2500 mAh 35A I bought on ebay. They look like cheap Efest knock offs so guessing about as far as a quality battery as you can get. This is my first 3 battery mod and these are all I had which were purchased together / married. My first batch of authentic LG's are on the way luckily

As far as the OP's issue showing just one battery status .... Might be worth the effort to upgrade / upgrade again to the current software. I wonder what the results would be if one were to try and upgrade with the single battery Presa TC75W software ???

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Need to revive this thread.

I can NOT get my RX200 to sync with Escribe. Escribe can not find the device, yet, I was able to update the firmware. I tried with the batteries in and out. With the tank and without the tank. Nada. Any guidance would truly be appreciated.
:confused:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plug it and do the 250watt firmware update/upgrade

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Plug it and do the 250watt firmware update/upgrade

Did that first time out of the box. Got it at 460 degrees and 30w. Nice warm vape, good TH, great flavor and 90% density in vapor production.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did that first time out of the box. Got it at 460 degrees and 30w. Nice warm vape, good TH, great flavor and 90% density in vapor production.
You can update, but not programmable on escribe.... The update takes it to 250watts and changes some display options.....

VU Sponsors