Become a Patron!

WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230 Kit. "Half a kingdom for such a colored display!"

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hello, friends!

Today I would like to speak about new kit from WISMEC Co., which continues the line of devices, which look a little (or not?) similar to Predator box mod. It`s interesting, and I hope, that you`ll be satisfied with the review.
So, let me show you WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230.

DSC_0758.jpg

WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230 came to me in the black box with silver embossing, where you can find some important info about the set and some words about certificates, warnings and manufacturer.

DSC_0759.jpg

DSC_0761.jpg

As for the set, it`s not bad: manufacturer put some extra adds into the box, besides the most important accessories.

DSC_0832.jpg

WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230 set:
1 * WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230 box mod;
1 * GNOME EVO atomizer;
2 * Replacement coil head WM01 Single (0,4 Оhm);
1 * QC USB cable;
1 * Extra glass tube;
1 * Extra drip tip;
5 * O-rings;
2 * User manual;
1 * Info card about coil heads;
1 * Warning card​

RAVAGE 230 is really convenient and pleasant for to hold on, doesn`t slip, and made with a care and of a good quality except 2 gaps in my sample at the bottom of the face side.
WISMEC`ve made 4 colors, but on my opinion, I got the most interesting one – in red`n`black.

WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230 parameters:
Sizes: 83 mm * 42 mm * 29 mm;
Color: Red`n`black, blue`n`black, black, silver​

On the face side there is a big 1,45 inches colored display, «-» and «+» rocker and micro USB port. As for the colors of the display – they`re good-looking, of a gold middle, I like the color rendition.

DSC_0805.jpg

On the left side we can see a decorative insert and on the right side it`s been made as a hidden «Fire» button, which works good and without misfires. Also, there is a small «Fn» button above, which can turn the screen on/off (using new firmware) and confirmed sets in the old firmware.

DSC_0808.jpg

On the top there is a spring-loaded 510 connector and the platform, which allows to set atomizers up to 29 mm.

DSC_0816.jpg

At the bottom we can find a battery compartment ant the slider cap, which fulfills its function well. There are no any problems with standing on the table – RAVAGE 230 stands smooth without rocking.

DSC_0818.jpg

DSC_0820.jpg
As I have already told you, the display is good-looking and really informative. Depending on the mode, it shows us such info as wattage, temperature, battery indicator, clock, date, day of the week, resistance, voltage and current. All these indices`re stylized under the porthole of space ship or submarine, and the setting menu has a grid substrate, which sometimes mixes with text, but I still like it.

DSC_0842.jpg

Before to get the parcel, WISMEC manager asked me to upgrade a firmware, so, maybe my manual will be a little different to original one.

For to turn the device on/off you need to push the «Fire» button for 5 times.

For to turn the display on/off – you need to push «Fn» for 1 time.

For to lock buttons – clamp «+» и «-», when the device is on, and the system will inform you about the operation.

For to rotate the screen - clamp «+» и «-», when the device is off, but I think, that this is an unuseful function)

For to enter the menu of settings you`ll need to push «Fire» for 3 times. Then you`ll see the tree of settings: Mode, Set, Info, Exit.

DSC_0837.jpg

The «Mode» branch includes the choice from 4 vape mods: VW, TC (TI, SS, Ni), TCR (M1, M2, M3) and RTC («Real Time Clock»).

DSC_0842.jpg
DSC_0844.jpg
DSC_0845.jpg
DSC_0843.jpg
DSC_0839.jpg
DSC_0840.jpg

The «Settings» branch contains the following submenu:
Lock sign –allows to lock/unlock resistance;
POWER – wattage set;
«SUBPARA» -here you can see the total puffs, their time or return to main;

DSC_0847.jpg

PREHEAT - you can set preheat of you coils here, especially its time and wattage;

DSC_0848.jpg

CLOCK – clock and date settings;

DSC_0849.jpg

Last edited:

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
TIMEOUT – here you can set the timeout of your screen;

DSC_0850.jpg

EXIT – return to a main menu

The «INFO» branch consists of 3 items:
BATTERIES – battery indicator;
VERSION – firmware version;
EXIT – return to a main menu

DSC_0853.jpg

The «EXIT» branch returns us to the main screen.

WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230 specifications:
Wattage: 1-230W;
Output voltage: 0,5 – 9V;
Resistance: 0,1-3,5 Оhm (VW), 0,05-1,5 Оhm (TC, TCR);
Modes: VW, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR (M1, M2, M3);
Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉;
Thread: of 510 type, spring-loaded;
Battery: 2 high-rated 18650;
Max charging current: 2A;
Max current: 50A​

The complete atomizer GNOM got the got the prefix «EVO» and became a bit more angular. But it`s the same GNOM.

DSC_0770.jpg

GNOM EVO parameters:
Height: 43,5 mm;
Diameter: 25 mm;
Glass tube capacity: 4 ml;
Color: Black​

WISMEC GNOM EVO atomixer consists of 5 parts: base, coil head, glass tube, top cap with filling hole and drip tip.

The base is similar to last GNOM: it`s made for replacement coil heads and has a bottom airflow and threads inside and outside for to fix components. The glass tube has a middle width and made of a toned Pyrex glass.

DSC_0796.jpg

DSC_0799.jpg

As for coil heads, used in set, they are of WM01 type with 0,4 Ohm resistance and work on 40-70W. Really, I like the flavor! Yes, it`s not of the highest level, but of a good one.

DSC_0787.jpg

Top cap, which is monolithic to filling hole and shaft is convenient: notches became bigger and now it`s easier to service the atomizer. Also, there is a chip in the form of an additional lock: you can`t open the cap if the drip tip is set on.

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

As for drip tip, it`s made of transparent plastic and looks like an acid drop and fixes to top cap with the help of small o-rings. If you don`t like this one – there is a possibility to use another delrin one from the box.

DSC_0773.jpg

I have a remark about the quality of the treatment: under the top cover, either oil traces some lubricant is visible, and I see the rough handling of the base though the opened air control ring. Hope, that only samples have such a trouble.

WISMEC GNOM EVO specifications:
Base: For replacement coil heads and RBA-base;
Airflow: Bottom;
Filling: Top;
Drip tip: 810 (plastic or delrin);
Thread: 510 with swimming pin​

Pros:
Box mod design;
Informative colored display;
Centered connector;
Convenient navigation;
Good flavor;
Vapor;
Bottom airflow;
Top filling of a slider type;
Price

Cons:
The quality of atomizer treatment;
No RBA in set

CV
Really I like WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230 Kit! It looks really good, and I`m sure and can advice it for to being bought (of course if you don`t care about buying coil heads periodically. If it`s critical – you can buy an RBA base).
WISMEC SINUOUS RAVAGE 230 Kit has lots of pros, for example sizes, convenient navigation, modern modes and not bad colors.
Of course, there are some cons, and the most critical for me is, that atomizer has an ambiguous treatment of parts. I really hope, that such a trouble is only with samples!
As for the price, such a kit can be bought for 60-75$, and I think that RAVAGE 230 Kit costs its money.

You can buy it here.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors