Become a Patron!

Wotofo Flux 200W with Flow Pro Tank

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Flux 200W with Flow Pro Tank Kit from Wotofo. The Flux 200W with Flow Pro Tank Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Antonio from Wotofo.

https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-flux-kit.html

Introduction

The Flux 200w device is a collaboration between Wotofo and Rig Mod, and concentrates on being a simple device but doing what it does with high performance. There is no temp control, just variable wattage but boasts the quickest ramp up time currently available, the Flux Kit is available in both standard and TPD editions. The Flux kit see's the Flux paired with the new Flow Pro Subohm tank which comes with 2 Baby Beast compatible 0.18 mesh coils, so i'll ramp it up and get on with my experience using the kit.

In the Box

Contents:

1pc Flux Box Mod
1pc Flow Pro SubTank
1pc 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1pc USB Charging Cable
1pc Bubble Glass Tube
1pc Extra Coil
2pcs User Manuals
1bag Extra O-rings

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Flux Kit comes in a very large clear plastic container with lid, already both me and my wife are arguing over who is having it as it will be very useful as a small storage box. The Flux in my opinion is a gorgeous looking device and matching Flow Pro is non too shabby with the aesthetics too, its also high build quality. Both front and back have a Black section central that is shaped like a wine glass, either side of these are the side sections in colour of choice. I received the Red version which is a deep red wine Red, it's also available in Black, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Dark Blue, Blue, Green and White, all colours come with tanks that match perfectly. The colours going by the pictures i have seen are very vibrant and the finish on the one i received is very high quality. The two side panels are identical, one fixed the other is the very nice fire bar, the front of the device houses the large screen at the top and the navigational buttons follow the contours of the outside of the screen surround the shape of hockey sticks. Centrally underneath the screen (the stem of the wine glass) is where the translucent strip is located to allow the LED's to shine through and finally on the front we have the micro USB port central bottom. The back of the device has the same shaped central black panel which has the Rig Mod logo at the top. The base of the device is the battery hatch door which has plenty of branding, safety stamps and venting. Moving to the top of the Flux we have a central 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The overall shape is very ergonomic with curved sides, side fire bar and smaller at the bottom than top.

Flow Pro Subohm Tank Specs and Features:

Diameter: 25mm
Height: 41.1mm (without drip tip)
Coil Head: 0.18ohm (40W-60W)
Compatible with SMOK Baby Beast coils
Construction: Stainless Steel + Pyrex Glass
Filling Method: Push-open top fill system with single fill port
Capacity: 4ml (2ml TPD edition) with regular tube; 5ml with bubble tube
Fully closeable triple adjustable bottom airflow
Colour: Black/Gunmetal/Rainbow/Dark Blue/Blue/Green/Red/White

Flow Pro Overview

The Flow Pro is a refurbished version of the Flow tank, an extra 1mm in diameter (the Pro is 25mm), some aesthetically pleasing texturing top and bottom and added slide top-fill system. Like the original Flow the coils are compatible with the Baby Beast and visa versa so many mainstream coils will fit. It was no surprised to find the included coils are mesh which seems to be the way to go with subohm tanks, 2 are provided and they are 0.18ohm best between 40w and 60w. The TPD version has a bung reducing the capacity to 2ml making it TPD compliant and the standard version has a capacity of 4ml, there is also a bubble glass with a capacity of 5ml. The drip tip is a standard 810 fitting and is curved to feel comfortable in the mouth. The airflow control is dual cyclops with stopper which moves with nice resistance. The 510 protrudes nicely and the base also has branding and safety stamps. The top-fill system i like a lot, as you slide it back it also slightly rotates similar to a Baby Beast tank but with a lot better resistance (not as loose as a Baby Beast tank). The Flow Pro is very well made with good threading and machining the only con is there is no marking for where you need to push to open so it's trial and error.

Flux 200w Device Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 91.6*50.8*30.3mm
Body Material: Zinc alloy
Battery Type: dual replaceable 18650 battery (not included)
Display: OLED 1.3inch color screen
Output Range: 5-200W
Firing Mode: Standard/Powerful/Powerful+
Max Charging Current: 1.5A
Resistance Range: 0.08-3.0ohm

Main Feature:
1. 200W Box Mod co-designed with US high-end Rig Mod
2. 3 firing modes in ultrafast ramp-up time
3. Foolproof operation without multi-menu hassles
4. Customizable light show for extra fun and diverse preferences
5. Ergonomic design with lockable grip fire bar

Colours: Black/Gunmetal/Rainbow/Dark Blue/Blue/Green/Red/White

Fitting the Batteries

The Flux takes dual 18650's and it has a bottom hatch door as is quite common, the door has barely any movement when open and feels sturdy, it fastens in place very securely and has no movement when batteries are fitted. Orientation is not marked inside the battery compartment and is etched onto the door contacts and not too clear, really orientation should be marked much clearer.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Using The Flux

The Flux is the standard 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on you are met by a large, bright colour screen with very good layout of information.
The display has a circular design which surrounds your mode at the top followed by the current set wattage central, finally under this is "W" for watts. Centrally below the circular design we have 2 battery status bars, either side of the battery status bars are 2 more circular designs (one each side). Displayed inside the left circle design is the voltage and resistance is displayed in the right circle design. All numbers and letters displayed on the screen are White and when in standard mode the graphics are green, these graphics change to Orange when in Powerful mode and Red when in Powerful + mode. The device is very simple to use, pressing up and down together locks the buttons and fire bar, pressing both together again unlocks the buttons. Up and fire together alters the device to the next mode, the modes are Standard, Powerful and Powerful +. Pressing down and fire together takes you to a screen which has 2 options, Working light and Standby light, Working light is the setting for the LED strip while firing and the Standby light is the setting for the LED the rest of the time. Choosing the Working light option brings up a screen with 7 hexagon in different colours to the left side of the screen, just select the colour you want the LED. To the right you have a list of settings which are turn off (this means the LED will not light while firing), flash (the LED strip will flash the colour you selected), Breath (the LED has a breathing effect in the colour you selected), 7 flash (this option flashes each colour one after another), 7 breath (this option gives a breathing effect with all 7 colours one after another). If you choose Standby light this gives you the options turn off, breath and flash, if LED's are not your thing simply set both the working and standby light to off.

My Experience Using the Flux Kit

Not being into temp control i found the Flux to be rocking, as for the quickest ramp up time i don't have the equipment to prove or disprove that claim but it sure fires instantly and that's using standard mode (the device is supposed to fire even quicker on Powerful and quicker still on Powerful +), also all wattage's i vaped at seemed accurate and although i can't be certain i just get the feeling the device is not under-powered at all. I'm an LED fan and they are done very well on the Flux especially the Breath setting, for those who don't like LED's it takes seconds to switch them off. The fire bar is very nice as are the navigational buttons and a big pro for altering in 1w increments. Tanks up to 28mm will sit on top with no overhang and i am also quite impressed with the included Flow Pro tank. The supplied coil i found best at 50w and as with all the mesh coils i have used of late it gives bags of flavour, also mainstream coils fitting is another big pro. Although i wouldn't recommend charging the batteries in a device unless it's your only option the Flux supports 1.5A charging.

Pros

Very good build quality
Looks stunning
Available in loads of vibrant colours
Very ergonomic
Fire bar and navigational buttons excellent
LED's done very well
Can turn LED's off
Instant Ramp up
Powerful performance
3 Wattage Modes
1 watt increments
Large, bright colour screen
Centre 510
User friendly
28mm tanks without overhang
Flow Pro good subohm tank
Good flavour
Compatible with mainstream coils
Supports 1.5A charging

Cons

Poor battery orientation markings
No mark on tank for where it needs to be pushed to open
Doesn't have temp control

I would once again like to thank Antonio from Wotofo for supplying the Flux 200W with Flow Pro Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-flux-kit.html

VU Sponsors