Become a Patron!

Wotofo Recurve Review + Comparison with B2K

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
s8RqkXd.jpg

Wotofo Recurve Review

Hello everyone!

I've been using the Recurve 24 RDA for the past month. I've put it through a lot of builds and a lot of fills. It was sent to me to review by Health cabin.

It's a 24mm single coil BF compatible RDA designed by Mike Vapes and Wotofo. It's got six 1mm air holes on each side hitting the coil in the center. It's a shorty, 21mm in height minus the drip tip. It comes in a few different colors, I have the blue one.

Vape gear comes out at lightning pace. Every week there's a hot new RDA. With the new 22mm caps out for it right now, it's a good time to revisit this rather awesome RDA!

To squonk or not to squonk

It's definitely a squonk RDA. There's no juice well apart from the little slots where the wick sits. You can paint your coil and that's about it.

FbB9cwF.jpg

Photos - Album

Build and Draw

Building on this thing is super easy. You wrap your coil around the L-shaped coil rods included with the package. You snip the leads at the short end and just slide into the post holes.

You can wrap your coil clockwise or counter-clockwise. Screw orientation is perfect for flat wires. I don't think how building can get any easier, it's the perfect RDA for a beginner.

I found that 2.5mm and 3.0mm works the best. 3.5 is too big and it chokes the airflow and the flavor suffers. 2.5mm at 50 watts is my favorite build on this.

The 6 airflow holes on each side can be deceiving. The draw is actually quite restricted for lung hits with all the holes open. For my taste it's about as restricted as it can get without being uncomfortable. I really like it, but I would have liked the option of a looser draw.

7tCK6cS.jpg

Positives

Build Tools

The RDA comes with a 2.5mm and a 3.0mm L-shaped rod to wrap your coils around. Post-less decks always require some trial and error with lead sizes but not this one. if you clip your leads at the edge of the short end of the rod you'll be left with perfect coils for this deck.

Squonk till the fucking top!

You can squonk till the coil is fully submerged and it still won't leak! The airholes are tiny and stretch out for about 5mm or so to the outside. Liquid tension makes it very hard for juice to come out of the airholes. Brilliant design for those who squonk and drive.

Barrel lock

The top cap cannot be spun 360 degrees. There's a notch on the deck and a groove on the top cap to only allow limited movement. No matter how tight you screw this atty on a mod it's always easy to unscrew it. It also makes it easy to adjust the airflow.

Little details

A lot of thought was put into this RDA and it shows. It comes with a lot of extras. The packaging is really nice. The deck screws take both Phillips and flat head screwdrivers. You can roll your coils clockwise or counter clockwise. It's rare to see this amount of polish in a budget RDA.

Very beginner friendly

This is the perfect first rebuildable for anyone. The build tools and ability to use any wire rolled in any direction makes the RDA super easy to build on. It almost feels like a good frozen dinner, you follow a few simple instructions and you have a quick, tasty meal!

6YDPc7o.jpg

Negatives

Top cap fits too tight

The top cap is really hard to take off, even when it's lubricated. I took out one of the two o-rings on the deck. Adjusting the airflow is still smooth however.

Stock cap is a little ugly

Now taste is personal. I for one think that concave shape is rather ugly. Most of my mods are more or less boxy and it doesn't look particularly good on any of them.

Compared to the B2K

The B2K has been my go-to squonk atty for a while now. Recurve and the B2K are very similar in a lot of ways. Single coil, restricted lung hit squonking atomizers emphasizing on flavor. The Recurve has plastic top caps and o-rings now too just like the B2K. They both have a similar draw, the B2K is just a little bit looser at the widest airflow position.

Flavorwise they both kick ass. I honestly can't tell if one is better than the other.

I think the Recurve is better in a lot of ways. It's more leak-proof. They're both easy to build but the Recurve is easier.

Recurve doesn't have the spitback problem that B2K sometimes has because of the super short drip tips. The B2K is really fussy with aftermaket drip tips but the Recurve takes anything. The recurve is also a heck of a lot cheaper.

I think my Recurve will get a lot more vape time now than the B2K. It just goes to show you can have a damn good vape off a cheap authentic. Mike Vapes catches a lot of flak but I think he and Wotofo did a great job here!

New 22mm top caps

The stock Recurve is 24mm at the base. The deck is just 20mm in diameter but the top cap is thicker than usual at 1.7mm.

Wotofo just released 5 new top caps in stainless steel and polycarbonate materials. These caps are thinner and makes the RDA 22mm in diameter. They all come with a 24mm beauty ring. I find them to be way better looking than the stock cap

The caps are a little expensive at about $10 a piece. I wish they were closer to $5 so you could buy all five without breaking the bank. I bought the the gray PC one which should be here soon. I'll post photos when I get it.

wcbRZGo.jpg

~TLDR & Conclusion

In a lot of ways this really is the perfect squonking RDA if you emphasize flavor and prefer restricted lung hits.

It's super easy to build, perfect for a beginner. The flavor is just amazing. Lots of accessories, acceptable build quality and attention to details makes this a great, affordable RDA that everyone can enjoy!

MISC

In a lot of ways this really is the perfect squonking RDA if you emphasize flavor and prefer restricted lung hits.

Thanks to Health Cabin for sending it to me to review. They have a $40 off $100 clearance sale going on right now till August 31st. You have to login to see lower prices, and some of them are way cheaper than fasttech. Here are some interesting combos I found:
  • Geekvape Blade kit + VooPoo Too kit for $67
  • VooPoo Too + UForce Tank + iStick Pico 21700 with battery for $60
  • HCigar VT Inbox V3 + Hellvape Aequitas for $66
  • HCigar VT Inbox V3 + Wotofo Recurve for $73
I'm on Instagram now as well. I post daily photos of my stuff and gear that are in the review queue. I'd appreciate it if you guys checked it out!

loNXjA9.jpg

VU Sponsors