Become a Patron!

Yihi SL Class v.2 Reviewed by SessionDrummer

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1 Lede.jpg

Thanks out to @David_SXmini for sending this new v.2 SL Class out for review from [Yihi SXmini](https://yihisxmini.com/). He also generously shipped out a G Class v.2, and that one is ON deck next. As always, you'll always get the real deal here, with no BS, no fluff, and no unneeded stuff, just what you need.

**YiHi SXmini SL Class V2 Box Mod Features (Detailed):**

• * Chipset: YiHi SX730
  • * Single 18650,20700,21700 device
  • * Wattage:5-100W
  • * Atomizer Resistance: 0.1ohm - 3.0ohm
  • * Screen size: 0.96" ips Color Display
  • * Power mode: Wattage mode/Volt mode/Temp mode
  • * Flavor mode : Soft, normal,Strong,SXi-EQ1,SXi-EQ2,SXi-EQ3
  • * Max Charge:5V/1A, Type-C
  • * Output Current: 3.1A-32A
  • * Input Current: 1.4A-30A
  • * Screen On Current: 45mA
  • * Quiescent Current: 10μA
  • * Power Down Current: 10μA
  • * Output Voltage: 0.7 Volt
  • * Output Current: 32A
  • * Temperture control mode (dynamic and constant temperture control)
  • * Size:89.1*42.95*30.17mm
  • * Weight:136G (net weight)
  • * Reverse Polarity Protection
  • * Output Short Protection
  • * Low Resistance Protection
  • * Battery Low voltage Protection
  • * Battery overcharge protection

**What's Included:**

• * 1 SL Class V2 Mod
  • * 1 User Manual
  • * 1 Type-C USB Cable

Coming from a solid foundation in the DNA chipset, and not being as familiar with the Yihi chipsets, I always enjoy the opportunity to get to know them better. Typically I do not use TC mode, but did test it in this review, as well as Wattage, and Voltage Modes. Typically 65w DTL, and 15w MTL.

Who doesn't love a box from Yihi ?
2 Box Shot.jpg

Factory Sealed ...
3 Box Seal.jpg

Just what you need ..
4 Box Contents 3.jpg

The paperwork included a User Manual, and Warranty Card ..
5 Manuals.jpg

Now rather than just gloss over this first surprise, I wanted to highlight it. This was probably one of the BEST, and MOST legible User Manuals I have ever received.

6 Users Guide.jpg

No poster foldouts with teeny tiny text that no one can read. I was going to link to the PDF from Yihi, but the English version wasn't uploaded yet, so instead, I scanned it for you guys. Only for you guys ...

7 SL2 Guide 1.gif
8 SL2 Guide 2.gif
9 SL Guide 3.gif

Attachments

• 1 Lede.jpg
    1 Lede.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 2

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10 SLGuide 4.gif
11 SL Guide 5.gif

Starting off at the bottom, the threaded battery cap was buttery smooth, much easier to manipulate than the previous v.1 version, along with a battery adapter if you were running smaller than a 21700 battery ..
12 Battery Adapter.jpg

The battery cap was a thing of beauty, and could not be overstated ..
13 Bottom Cap Closeup.jpg

As always, whenever I run a single batt mod, I always use a 21700 ..
14 Battery.jpg

The battery compartment was very roomy, and there was plenty of room for the 21700. I was curious as to why it was soo roomy, but clearly the cap guided it home, snugged it up nicely with NO rattling ..
15 Battery Inserted.jpg

Identical venting to the previous version ...
16 Bottom Cap Knurling.jpg

Flipping to the top, there was a nicely polished 27mm top plate with a firm spring loaded 510 connection ...
17 Top Plate.jpg

Yihi really cleaned up, and improved the aesthetics of this v.2 with much cleaner, less chunky lines, and some shadow badging ....
18 Front Badge.jpg

The more curved design, felt really good in the hand ...
19 Side.jpg

Returning were the tried and true fire and joystick buttons, and a 0.96" IPS display. The display was no longer recessed, and appeared brighter and with improved color. The joystick also appeared to be recessed a bit more comparatively, and was actually an improvement over the v.1's.
![20 Front 3|281x500](upload://A6xgj4NUWVhVg5U2jqyg8K9qCqN.jpeg)

**Quick Operations:**

• Turn On -- 5 clicks
  • Lock/Unlock -- 3 clicks
  • Main Menu -- 5 clicks (when powered on), or hold joystick to the right for 3 seconds
  • Curves Menu -- Tap joystick down
  • Return to Operation Screen -- Tap fire button
  • Shutdown -- 5 clicks, and choose shutdown/confirm

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Main Menu, and Nav System were cleanly laid out, and easy to use. This included Shutdown, Mode, Puff Counter, Tweaks, Stats, Temp Units, and Screen Timeout ...
21 Display Main Menu.jpg

I spent the majority of the test in Wattage Mode, which is the default mode on startup. There is a LOT of information on the main usage screen, but nothing you don't need. Battery bar graph, Curve Selection, Battery Percentage, Puff Counter, Power Mode, Resistance, Curve Graph, Voltage, and Current ...
22 Display Watts.jpg

In Volts or Watt mode, you can choose Soft -- Ramps up from 75%-100% power, Neutral -- 100% Power, and Strong -- Ramps down from 125%-100% Power.
28 Display Curves.jpg

There are also 3 User Configurable Curves. There are 20 bars (0.5 sec. each), adjustable between 0 and 150% Power ...
29 Display Curves Custom.jpg

Voltage Mode ...
23 Display Volts.jpg

The Basics of TC. From the Main Menu change to TC, and choose the coil type ..
24 Display Coil Type.jpg

Choose Temp Modulation, Dynamic -- Slight temp variations, Constant -- Strict Temp ..
25 Display Temp Mod.jpg

You then have to Read (or RE-Read) your coil resistance, and Lock it in ...
26 Display Coil Lock.jpg

Then you are ready to roll. Once in TC Mode, you can tap the joystick button twice, and choose between: Cold, Cool, Normal, Warm, and Hot presets. These are also further adjustable if you want ...
27 Display TC.jpg

**Testing/Usage:**

Because I own a v.1 SL Class I was able to compare / contrast the two, and I think this one was much improved over the older version. I liked the smoother, more refined look and feel of this version, along with the curved accents. This not only made the mod look better, but actually feel better in the hand. The fit and finish were first rate, and all of the threads were smooth, and provided a snug fit. Both the fire button and joystick worked flawlessly, with just enough tactile click so you could tell, but not hard to push, or loud. No rattles of any kind, and it just felt like a high end mod in the hand. With the improved screen and flush mounting the visuals were also improved from the previous version. Despite NOT being a huge TC'er, I actually had no issues figuring out, and setting up some SS coils, and it performed great, using the default curves. In wattage mode (my preferred mode), it worked perfectly, with fairly fast firing, and the Boost Modes (Flavor Modes) did make a difference, with my preference being Strong. I had no issues whatsoever during the test, and I was LOOKING for them, including any fluctuating battery levels, or resistances, but there weren't any to be had.

When in wattage mode, I ran typically around 65 watts for DTL, and 20 watts for MTL, Overall it seemed to be pretty easy on the batts, and also pretty efficient with more run time that I had been used to, or expected. Hard to find faults with this one, and about the only two things I could nit-pick would be the slightly tighter threads on the 510 connection, and a little added effort in removing the battery cap, but even those, were nit picks at best. All in, a REAL improvement, and upgrade to the SL Class v.1.

**Pros:**
  • * Classy looking
  • * Fit and Finish
  • * Bright and colorful display
  • * Efficient battery use
  • * Easy to use/learn nav system
  • * Feels good in the hand
  • * PC and Android Apps (not tested in this review)
  • * Great Flavor !!!!! ---- Just kidding ....

**Cons:**
  • * Extra effort to remove battery cap, due to slimmed down aesthetic styling
  • * Slightly tighter threads on 510 connection
  • * No Round Robin Power Adjustments
  • * No 5 clicks Power Off

**Conclusion:**

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I see or hear of an "Upgrade", or "New and Improved" I am fairly skeptical, and always debate if it is worth upgrading or not, whether or not it's REALLY an improvement. Well this one I can safely say IS. It's not that the SL Class v.1 was bad, but let's just say, this one IS better, and noticeably so, from the feel in the hand, to the display, to the overall design aesthetic. It felt and looked more "high end" IMO. I didn't get around to testing this one using the SXi-Q Software or Android App, but if I have any issues later, I'll update this review. Modern, and clean looks, USB-C charging, and PLENTY of adjustable settings should keep most everyone happy with this one. Sure, sure, it's a one-batt mod, but a damned fine one at that. Thanks again out to @David_SXmini from [Yihi SXmini](https://yihisxmini.com/) for sending both this, and also the G Class v.2 out for review.

**Colors:**
Mystic Grey, Holy Silver, Gunmetal Tang, Fire Red, Copper Brown, Black Tang, Black Silver (Reviewed)

Mod and SC.jpg

**Linkage:**

**SXi-Q PC/Mac Software:**

**SXi-Q Android Mobile App:**

**Yihi SXMini Team:**

S.D.

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As always, if you've actually made it ALL the way down here, I salute you !!!!!
Thanks for giving up some of your valuable time, and checking out this review.

**Bonus:**

Mod and RDTA.jpg

Mod and Supreme.jpg

Mod and Plus.jpg

Outro.png

VU Sponsors