Become a Patron!

Yihi T Class Reviewed by SessionDrummer

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
pMXzoS1.png

Thanks out to @David_SXMini, and @SmokyBlue for allowing me to get my hands on this beast, for review. As always, you'll get nothing but the straight skinny.

Yihi has become well known for producing some very high end equipment, and along with that, a strong following in the Temp Control crowd. Having just reviewed the SXMini SX Nano, I knew that this one, was going to have QUITE a bit more features, and WOW, was I right. Being a reluctant TC vaper, I'll cover the basics that the T Class has to offer, without going into an insane amount of detail.

**The Basics:**

* Powered by YiHi SX580J
* TFT ips Screen
* Backlight colors changeable
* Spinner on top & Joystick spinner for relaxing and fun
* New wallpaper with animation
* New clock interface
* Mechanical design
* Solid in hand
* 78pcs components ( T Class is made by assembling 78 individual parts/components. This sets the T class above any other Mods in the Market )
* Bluetooth App Control
* 2X18650 Maximum Output Wattage of 200W

**Detailed Specs:**

* Dimensions - 98mm by 49mm by 33.5mm
* Dual High-Amp 18650 Battery - Not Included
* Advanced YiHi SX580J Processor
* BlueTooth App Control Technology
* Wattage Output Range: 5-200W
* Joule Output Range: 10-120J
* Voltage Output Range: 1-9.5V
* Temperature Control Range: 212-572F
* Mininum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
* Comprehensive Temperature Control Suite
* TCR Adjustments
* Taste Mode - Powerful+, Powerful, Standard, Soft, Eco and SXi-Q
* SXi-Q Intelligent Taste Curve - 5 Memory Modes
* High-Quality Zinc Alloy & Stainless Steel Construction
* Joystick Adjustment Controller - Joystick Spinner
* Intuitive Spinner at 510 Section
* Hinged Battery Door Cover
* Full-Color TFT IPS Display
* Reverse Polarity Protection
* Output Short Protection
* Low Resistance Protection
* Low Battery Voltage Warning
* Overheat Protection
* Over-Charge Protection
* Buck-Boost Technology
* Firmware Upgradeable
* MicroUSB Port - 2A Maximum Charge
* Stainless Steel 510 Connection
* Available in Black Shadow, Shadow Golden, Captain, Captain Golden, X-Man

**What's included:**

* YiHi SXmini T Class Box Mod
* MicroUSB Cable
* Instructional Manual

Talk about some Specs !!!!! Again, we'll be doing a general overview review of the T Class, not deep diving into ALL of the technical specifics, for time and length.

Everything starts with the box ...

R3Flm9u.jpg

After removing the protective plastic wrap ..

RnSf3h7.jpg

Behold the Behemoth ...

couC1nC.jpg

8c9CEj8.jpg

dqp8AmW.jpg

Probably the best battery lid I have ever used ..

XZIX3lO.jpg

Dual 18650's only, clearly marked polarities, and spring loaded upper posts ..

tU5IIzc.jpg

IygVzd3.jpg

At first I wasn't sure about the backlighting, but then I found the green, and had second thoughts ..

DMJ5HfF.jpg

kIuIlsP.jpg

Behold, you can turn them off if you prefer, and yes, the spinner around the top plate spins !!

yl3uKWk.jpg

On the top you have a nice spring loaded gold 510 connect, with a generous 30mm allowance on the top plate ..

UieGM2s.jpg

IMHO, two of the show stoppers were the HD display, and joystick for navigation ..

FhTOQjM.jpg

The amount of display options, and wallpapers could satisfy ANY user ..

S78G28X.jpg

ll5dpSe.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The menu system, and joystick adjustments were easy to see, use, etc. ..

TLaRSpr.jpg

owlKEDO.jpg

TPo55bb.jpg

I connected via USB cable and my laptop for some easy configuration-ing ..

QqzMd9q.png

gLfQWhJ.png

hEIJZu1.png

coXsn58.png

1Hjign5.png

TJzzXo5.png

yM5hCiK.png

Once you learned the operations, it was simple to use ..

Qw1ehSu.png

Choose your mode, either Novice, or Advanced ..

D4YQVKR.png

Don't forget your Shortcuts via the joystick, they come in handy, and save time ..

D4YQVKR.png

Yes, OF COURSE it has a clock !!!!

OcrbTZx.jpg

0hqMpyT.jpg

WUR9HnB.jpg

A couple of shots with the Voltrove, and SteamCrave ..

lMXqQlp.jpg

B4AntOg.jpg

QmwXKf5.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In comparison to the Ram Box ..

SRUkc1H.jpg

vPstmDX.jpg

**Testing/Usage:**

Features, features, and MORE features. That's what this T Class had, and delivered on. There was a bit of a learning curve, as I was not overly familiar with Yihi's interface, but there were a few things that made it easier. Because of the learning curve, starting out in **Novice mode** is probably a wise choice, just to get used to the basics and functions, without the plethora of other options, including TC. When selecting Novice, you were left in Wattage Mode (one of my preferred modes), and it just simply excelled across all the different ranges I tried, including fairly depleted batteries, which you did not even notice, which IS the sign of a very well designed mod. Switching over to **Advanced mode**, opened up every feature, including all aspects of TC. I did limited testing here, and found the results with SS claptons to be exceptional, and I had only BEGUN to experiment. After I figured out how to correctly set it up, no burned hits, no dry hits, just consistently, powerful, and flavorful, and the adjustable taste curves, just opened up even more functionality. Needless to say, the Yihi T Class did not relent, until I got tired of trying different settings LOL.

Aesthetically there were two features, that I'm sure you'll either LOVE or HATE. The first was the "Spinners". The large one surrounding the platform, and the smaller one surrounding the joystick, spun, but for my tastes, after I spun them a few times, I was pretty much done spinning, BUT, you're mileage may vary. The backlighting was another feature, that you may or not want. The blinking/strobing option seemed a bit much, but the static colors were good enough, AND, you could turn it off as well. So, if you hate'm, don't use'm, if you love'm, spin, spin, spin away !!! I think one of the best things, is if you DID hate both the spinners and back lighting, left turned off, or untouched, they did not hurt the look of the mod at all. The mod was built like a brick sh%^house, and it fired like one too. I detected a slight delay in firing but only on cold coils, which disapated as they warmed up. Even cold starting, it wasn't enough to be a deal breaker. The fit and finish were VERY above average, and although larger, it felt considerably well built, designed, and implemented. The clear take-away was that this mod would survive heavy usage without issue. The battery lid might just be one of, if not THE best designed I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Nothing worse than buying a mid/high end mod, only to have it fragged by a cheap battery lid. NOT happening here.

Moving onto the display/joystick/menus. The display (repeating again), may just be the BEST display I have seen/used on a mod. When they claim an HD ips screen they mean it. The joystick functioned perfectly with little to no learning curve, and only learning the menus and shortcuts was required. Clicky fire, and joystick buttons made using them even more enjoyable. Being able to deep dive into the onboard menu OR using the joystick shortcuts (once learned), made using even easier. The menus (once learned) were easy to navigate and the adjustments were all VERY quick. Upgradeable, configurable via USB connect or Bluetooth, AND a clock ?? !!!! What else COULD you possibly need ? Very impressive/impressed.

**Pros:**

* Display was super sharp, bright, and colorful
* Excellent menu system
* Novice and Advanced Modes
* Absolute plethora of TC options/customizable settings
* Balanced on board battery charging
* Hard hitting in wattage mode
* Menu adjustable, and joystick shortcut adjustable
* Extreme duty battery lid
* Handled decreasing battery strength perfectly
* Very solidly built
* Fits up to 30mm tanks
* Did I mention it has a clock ?

**Cons:**

* Heavier and bulkier than some mods
* Learning curve on functions/shortcuts/operation
* Spinners ?
* Backlighting ?

**Conclusion:**

Being a very solid Wattage vaper, I routinely purchase higher end mods, many of which have TC. Despite not using TC often, I like having better built mods, with better displays, options, etc., and this ffit that bill easily. Meaning, just because you prefer wattage mode, you would still enjoy this mod. If you are a heavy TC user, then you would def. enjoy all of the available options, customizable settings, curves, etc. I didn't try the bluetooth connection or app, but had great success USB'ing to my laptop, with no issues. The amount of features that were available, and customizable were astounding, and what makes it even better, if you COULD if chose to, OR, you could simply switch to Wattage mode, and enjoy the mod all the same. All in, this was a huge offering from Yihi, and from the testing that I did, I think could appeal to both seasoned TC'ers, and "Gas and Go'er's" equally. Throughout the testing I had no issues other than user error, hehe, but that was quickly fixed by reading the manual. A very solidly built, and well thought out mod, with probably MORE options than you might ever need.

**Colors:**

zOKg76S.png

**Linkage:**

I can't help it, I like the GREEN now !!!!

mpXIWUF.jpg

**Advanced:**

*More on Pulse Width Modulation:*

*Temperature Control:*

*Buck Boost Technology:*

VU Sponsors