Become a Patron!

YOUDE APRO 22 KIT V2 - AIO

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the APRO 22 KIT V2 from Youde UD. The APRO 22 KIT V2 was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nelson from Youde UD.

http://www.yourcig.com/products/Apro-22-V2-Kit

Introduction

The Apro 22 Kit V2 is the updated version of the Apro 22 Kit from Unification of Design, and is an AIO pen device. The V2 keeps the popular mech style bottom switch style power/fire button and 2500mAh internal battery capacity. Changes see the proprietary drip tip going in favour of a standard fit replaceable one, tri cyclops adjustable airflow rather than the fixed airflow the original possessed and inner rather than outer tank cover. The inner cover allows for a bulge glass option to increase capacity to 4ml and as is all the rage at the moment a mesh coil is introduced, so let's crack on and give the Apro 22 V2 AIO a look!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

Apro 22 V2
Pre-installed 2ml straight glass
4ml bulge spare glass
0.2ohm coil
0.2ohm mesh coil
Spare o-rings
USB Cable
Warranty Information
Manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Apro 22 V2 Kit came in cardboard box packaging and when opening i found i had received the Stainless Steel version, the kit is also available in Black. The Apro came with a pre-installed TPD compliant straight 2ml glass and through the glass the inner cover is positioned with "APRO" etched on and not much in the way of visible tank depth to be able to view the juice level. Up top we have a delrin 510 removable drip tip and the top-cap at the very top is stepped to meet the drip tip. Further down on the top section is an etched arrow to show where to push the slide top-fill mechanism. The bottom section of the tank see's tri cyclops airflow slots and on the control ring we have teardrop design, the overall machining of the tank section is excellent. The battery tube is very sleek looking with the absence of a button and almost featureless apart from understated etching that reads "APRO 22 V2 KIT", micro USB port and small hole for the LED indication light to shine through. The base of the device has a Brass coloured mechanical like switch with branding and safety stamps, the surround of the switch has a ring of venting holes. As you would expect from a pen style device it's very ergonomic and i do like the way it's held mech style to fire, very nice!

Apro 22 V2 Specs and Features:

Diameter: 22mm
Height: 128mm
Capacity: 2ml/4ml
Battery: 2500mAh Internal
Materials: Stainless steel & Glass
Replaceable 510 drip tip
Slide open top-fill
Adjustable bottom airflow
Switch style bottom fire/power button
Colours: Black, Stainless Steel

Various Components

The Apro 22 V2 is an AIO device so the base of the atomiser is also the top of the battery section which means battery and tank can't be used independently. The atomiser has a 510 drip tip up top and is a standard fitting so you can use your own if you wish. The top cap with top-fill design i do like and the machining is excellent, there is an etched arrow where you need to push and she slides open along rails with just the right resistance. The top section with a lot of effort when it's new (easier after the first time) screws away from the air pipe and chamber, with this removed you can now remove the glass and if you prefer swap for the 4ml bulge version. with the glass removed (which is secured top and bottom with o-rings) the inner cover is exposed along with the air pipe and chamber section which is attached to the bottom airflow system. The airflow is try cyclops and the control ring can be removed, once the tank is attached to the battery section the ring moves smoothly and has stoppers. With the atomiser put together before putting on to the battery the coil can be inserted into the chamber section (it's just press fitted) then screw the atomiser on to the battery. The tank screws onto threading at the top of the battery and there is also an o-ring to better the seal, the inner section of the base section which is part of the battery section has a large rubber seal and you can easily see the contact for the coil. To fill the tank push above the etched arrow and it slides open smoothly along rails to reveal a filling port which is spit in two, this allows air to escape when filling but does reduce the size of nozzle you can use.

The Switch / Bottom Button

The power/fire switch/button is placed recessed on the base of the tube battery as you find with most mechanical devices. With the device being a sealed unit without breaking the device i can't see how this switch/button is done but it certainly both is made to look like a mechanical style switch and also feels like one in operation which for me is a big pro for the device as for some reason i love the feel of firing a mechanical switch device.

Using The Apro 22 V2

The device is the usual 5 presses of the power/ fire switch to turn on and 5 presses to turn off, when on the Apro is a simple direct output device taking the voltage available from the battery and wattage dependant on the voltage in correspondence to the ohms resistance of the coil, so simply press fire and vape. Although being direct output and having the mechanical style switch it is a regulated device giving all the usual safety protections which includes Short Circuit Protection which is indicated by 5 red flashes of the LED indication light, Open Circuit Protection which is indicated by 5 Yellow flashes of the LED light and 10 second Overvape Protection which is indicated by 8 green flashes and Overheat Protection which is indicated by the light flashing 3 times alternately. The LED also shows battery status indication and lights up while vaping to give indication of the life of your battery, when the LED lights green the battery is between 3.9v and 4.2v, when the LED lights Yellow the battery is between 3.6v and 3.9v, when the LED lights Red the battery is between 3.2v and 3.6v and finally when the battery falls below 3.2v it flashes Red 10 times and the device powers down.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Charging

While charging the LED shows the progress by what colour the LED is which every 3 seconds gives a slow flash. The light is Red between 3.2v and 3.6v, Yellow between 3.6v and 3.9v, Green between 3.9v and 4.15v, finally when the battery is at 4.2v and fully charged the light goes off.

My Experience Using The Apro 22 V2 Kit

I did initially change the glass for the bulge glass as not only would this double it's capacity but would also allow for better viewing of the e-liquid level but i just didn't like the look. It's a short tube that bulges quite acutely making the device look a bit like the Space Needle in Seattle (I love the look of the famous landmark but the form doesn't suit a vaping device in my opinion). So with the 2ml straight glass back installed i first tried the standard 0.2ohm coil for a while before using the device for the most part with the 0.2ohm mesh coil. The air surprised me for an AIO device with the tri cyclops giving plenty i needed to close the airflow down quite considerably to get the restricted lung vape i like. The flavour from the standard coil was perfectly acceptable and as expected the mesh coil gave very good flavour, no complaints whatsoever. The inner cover of the tank does sit flush against the straight glass tube making seeing the e-liquid level very difficult. As far as i can find out the 2 different 0.2ohm coils are the only coil options for the device so it won't be for everybody. Drop off is their of course with being a direct output device but i didn't notice it too much until towards the end of the battery's life. The battery life was pretty good comparable to a single 18650 device and the device supports pass through so you can vape while charging, which might well be needed as although i didn't time it it does take a good while to charge. The best feature of the device is the mechanical style switch which is smooth and felt really nice firing with the little finger holding the device as you would a mech.

Looks slick without button on outer battery tube
Mechanical style switch
4ml capacity with bulge glass (although i don't like the look)
AIO device
Tri adjustable airflow
Very well machined slide top-fill design
Top-cap slides with perfect tolerance
Airflow adjustment smooth
Ergonomic
Portable
Replaceable 510 drip tip
Battery status indication
Multiple protections with indication
Good battery life
Good charging indication
Supports Pass through

Cons

E-liquid visibility not great with straight 2ml glass
Direct output device will give less power as battery power reduces
Need to use thin nozzles
Battery and tank can't be used independently
In my opinion looks odd with bulge glass
Both coils available 0.2ohms (no other options as far as i am aware)

I would once again like to thank Nelson from Youde UD for supplying the AIO APRO 22 KIT V2 for the purpose of this review.

http://www.yourcig.com/products/Apro-22-V2-Kit

VU Sponsors