Become a Patron!

Youde UD Zephyrus V3 Tank/RTA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Zephyrus V3 by Youde. The tank was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by James from the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/ud-zephyrus-...15300.html

In the Box

Contents:

Zephyrus V3 with 0.15Ohm OCC Coil pre-installed
Spare Glass
RBA deck
Spare O-rings
Spare Post Screws
Allen Key
Warranty Card
User Manual

Aesthetics

The Zephyrus comes nicely packaged in a plastic case with cardboard surround, on slipping off the cardboard you are greeted by the Zephyrus at center stage. The tank i have received is the black, and the vibrant red o-rings (the top o-ring is very thick) look very nice against the all black tank with matching drip tip. It's entirely black except for the top section has the UD logo on one side and Zephyrus V3 on the opposite (both in silver). The tank rather than duel cyclop airflow slots as quadruple half cyclops with stopper. I have reviewed some very aesthetically pleasing tanks recently and although there is nothing especially eye catching about the Zephyrus, it is nice enough. The build quality of the tank is excellent as you would expect from Youde. The inner core of the bottom of the tank protrudes very slightly to the outer rim but we are talking about a small fraction of a mm.

Specs:

Dimensions: 25mm x 45mm
Weight: 160g
510 drip tip: 8mm x 16mm
Compatible with 810 drip tips
Tank capacity: 5ml
Retractable top fill system
Sliding top cap
Massive fill port: 4.5mm x 10mm
Made from stainless steel
Pyrex glass tank tube
Quadruple bottom adjustable air slots
Chimney riffling for huge vapor and flavor
Dual post 18mm build deck
Four wire holes
Unique airflow from 2 directions onto the deck
Colors: silver, rainbow, golden, blue, black

The RBA

The 18mm build deck is a duel post 4 hole velocity style affair with reasonably generous post holes. The screws seem very nice and i found the deck easy enough to build on. The deck also has nice size air intakes underneath the deck so the coil will get full coverage.

Assembling and filling the Tank.

Taking apart and reassembling the tank is simple as it easily unscrews into it's separate parts with no fuss and goes back together just as easy. The only part of the tank which takes a bit of force is the drip tip which is a very tight fit.
The Zephyrus has a retractable top-fill system which is engineered very nicely. Pushing the top-cap glides it open to reveal the very large filling slot; then just glide it back across it's runner to fix back into place. When fitting the tank to various devices i see why they have gone with the center core protruding a fraction, it sits flush on the 510 plate but slightly raised on the rest of the device to avoid any scratches to your mod. The gap is very slight and its a 50/50 some people will like the benefits but some people get irritated with any gap however small.

Performance with pre-installed coil

The tank comes with an octuple 0.15 ohm coil with recommended range of 60W - 120W (best 80W - 110W). I found at the upper limit 100W and above a tailoring off in flavour; it became just about clouds and too much for me, but at 80W (The lower best recommendation) it became a very nice vape which was quite smooth. The flavour was good but again not stand out. The Zephyrus boasts a rifling lined chimney which mixes cloud for ultimate flavour (lol), i do applaud all these new ideas and if someone knows the science to make me look a wally please share but i'm totally unconvinced.

Performance with RBA

This interested me more as this is how i would use the Zephyrus if the performance was on par with other duel RTA's and indeed it was. The flavour was much better, what i would now describe as very good and due to the generous air intakes at the bottom of the deck it was even smoother (i do like the airflow).

Conclusion

The Zephyrus V3 is a very good but not great sub-ohm tank but when used as an RTA becomes a different beast. Is it the best out there? No but it is very descent.

Nice RBA deck
Very good flavour RBA
Descent flavour 0.15 coil
Well built
Retractable top-fill
Smooth Airflow
Tight fitting drip tip

dislikes

As a sub-ohm tank had better flavour
Very slight gap to avoid scratches to device (some people won't like this)

I would like to thank James from the Healthcabin once again for supplying the Zephyrus V3.

https://www.healthcabin.net/ud-zephyrus-...15300.html

VU Sponsors