Become a Patron!

Zero Modz by Carlos Creation ... CLONED!!

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got the ft dna clone from FT on 12/26, very good 510, everything seems to be working great, must be lucky. But then I also got a dna 40 in the mail today. If it breaks it's transplant time.

Got the ft dna clone from FT on 12/26, very good 510, everything seems to be working great, must be lucky. But then I also got a dna 40 in the mail today. If it breaks it's transplant time.
Just got my Carlos Zero mod from Hong Kong. Bought 4 of them

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Trying to get a 50W SX Zero clone is proving to difficult so fed up with Focalecig only shipping from the US I just refuse to buy from them again being in the UK.

Yes you can pay USPS snail crawl post @ $25 but them its another $30 customs and the 1-2-3 weeks delay in customs.

How fortunate US vapers are! In the UK you have no choice as everything is 100-500% more than Asia.

The FT SX Zero clone (Hotcig) is pretty nice but poorly made inside I wouldnt even power on the 50W (Hotcig) if the wiring is this bad.

Last edited:

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great thread thanks to everyone for posting info, modding and retrofits

The use of solid copper wire to support the board is ingenious to me but I am struggling to find and source the correct gauge and I really don't want to rebore the PCB holes, to use the solid copper wire I have (10A) the other issue is the wire used for the switch board and switches evolv say 28 gauge but in truth the current is so low I may try and source thinner 30 or less gauge wire.

Solid wire can be problematic over time. There is no give, normal expansion/contraction can eventually weaken the solder joints.

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Solid wire can be problematic over time. There is no give, normal expansion/contraction can eventually weaken the solder joints.
Yeah I agree not sure how much given its a mod and probably kept at reasonable tempretures. I cant see any other way to support the board unless you have cradles and the chassis is always used as a GND on the DNA and SX Zeros.

Anyone got pics of there DNA retrofit with a Yosen V2/V3? As I am done with them maybe easier to get someone to 3D print some cradles.

The SX Zero was a lot easier to retro fit with a YiHi SX350.

Last edited:
For whoever replaced the zero with a dna 40, what do I wire (8) the ground to? It supposed to be wired to the negative of the atomizer but there is no wire for that. Any suggestions ??

Bill_K

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning.

Pin 11 is the main ground - just attach it to the body. #8 is internally grounded via #11 - so nothing needs to go there. #8 should be open and disconnected. Let me know if you have any other questions.

--Bill K

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is from MSGNYC... But since it's about the DNA chip in question I thought I would paste it hear. Hope you don't mind MSGNYC

For anyone thinking about transplanting a dna40 into their zna, here's a tip.
Even tho they are internally connected make sure you ground both 8 &11. I was having battery issues before but now its everything's working flawlessly. She's not devouring my batteries anymore. Batteries lasting longer, its hitting harder etc etc..

Kinda wonder if grounding both the battery and atomizer would've helped the Robbot 50 chip. Gave it to a buddy since he wanted it to mess with. Dun know the pin out for it either so no way to test. Nikitta, any chance Robbot would be willing to give you the pin layout for the chip? It may prove useful.
097a071c3ee572d4d2734357b5054c36.jpg

Good morning.

Pin 11 is the main ground - just attach it to the body. #8 is internally grounded via #11 - so nothing needs to go there. #8 should be open and disconnected. Let me know if you have any other questions.

--Bill K
thank you for the reply, i will try grounding (11) only and if that doesnt work out, i will ground (8) as well because of post #561.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Infinite 1:1

I been really happy with my Focale Yosen Zero V2, I have had no issues using the Black sleeve, my only gripe would be the chip boot up from sleep that's little annoying...I really like the weight and feel in your hand, perfect size

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I been really happy with my Focale Yosen Zero V2, I have had no issues using the Black sleeve, my only gripe would be the chip boot up from sleep that's little annoying...I really like the weight and feel in your hand, perfect size
I just hit the button as soon as I touch the mod...by the time the tip gets to my hideous face...it is ready to vape.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just hit the button as soon as I touch the mod...by the time the tip gets to my hideous face...it is ready to vape.

Your funny! Yeah, that's pretty much how I been doing it to, I guess it's just the fact I am not controlling it %100 lol....I did put a Tank 510 Airflow Controller on mine to preserve the threading...I stripped the threading on a cheaper mod a while back and now I am paranoid :) Looks good though

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It just feels perfect....threading is SOLID...and I completely compared it side by side to an authentic last night when I purchased it. The fibreglas is much more durable than wood..and shall last longer. Truthfully?? I think the clone is better than the authentic, because of the fibreglas, and the fact that the authentic takes longer to "go to sleep" which adds to battery drain.

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
It just feels perfect....threading is SOLID...and I completely compared it side by side to an authentic last night when I purchased it. The fibreglas is much more durable than wood..and shall last longer. Truthfully?? I think the clone is better than the authentic, because of the fibreglas, and the fact that the authentic takes longer to "go to sleep" which adds to battery drain.
Comparison to a authentic Carlos Creations Zero? The clone is better?!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
^^yes^^

Some Clones are better built and perform better than the pricey authentic models.

Milko Medero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMG_0536.JPG

Mine lasted 1 day. It is now a paper weight. 100.00 down the drain. You cant go wrong with the american made HANA. My clone was made by infinity. Got got a nice retail box out of it :/

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
return it for refund or replacement.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So true, its so damn sexy, I love it! This one has the potential to cause many to break their rules on budgeting. When I first told Nathan at VC about it he scoffed when I said it was a 30W, then I showed him pics of it and it was wrap! :p

I asked Yosen about creating additional body sleeves for it, and they said that there are future plans to at least produce brass and copper sleeve options. The Zero looks sweet with a forced patina.

There is also a SX version of Zero too, but not many of those were made ... at a fulfillment rate of 15-40 pcs per batch for the authentic, those on the wait list are going be waiting for a long time.

The SX version ..

FmeGM2p.jpg
Screw that 'status symbol' noise...the creator should hire some help, keep some good QA going..and make more money/devices !!!

FloridaSam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's my Yosen wrapped in some embossed leather. Came out pretty good for someone with zero craft aptitude.

Aside from non flush hex screws and a little wobble in the 510 I love everything else about this mod.

2015_02_14_01_15_41.jpg
[/url]

DH350nWo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know about the 50w model that Infinite has coming out? Not the SX style, but a DNA type board. Twisted posted a pic of one he got from Trendy Vapors, but I have yet to see it listed.

DH350nWo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know about the 50w model that Infinite has coming out? Not the SX style, but a DNA type board. Twisted posted a pic of one he got from Trendy Vapors, but I have yet to see it listed.
http://www.trendyvapors.com/black-zero-mod-50-watt-preorder-3-16/

So Trendy put the preorder up today after I sent them an email. Anyone know about Sentic? This is the company they say is making this 50w clone. I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this but am hoping someone has some intel on the company first. I don't want to endure the hassles that some had when the first runs came out.

I recieved my first Zero from Fastech mid Januari and was supposed to be Version 2 (V2).
Well, I can tell you that ten second one I bought must be V3 or higher.
Compared with my first one this is much, much better.
Machining is flawless, 510 is perfect and reverce threaded. The SS-holder is quare angled so sleeves fit perfectly.
The board is also much improved. Fires from sleep. No deley.
The good properties of the first board remains present like good power management and rapid USB charging.
Battery fits much better not have to be squeezed in and can be secured with a screw from the bottom to prevent rattling.

This mod is a versitile peace of equipment. One can buy at Fasttech additional sleeves which, I if you want, can be wrapped with any self adhesive vinyl sheets to give it an ever changing appearance.
In the discussion part of the product you can find many examples:
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1996400/t/1520347/show-your-wraps

Conclusion.
If you are looking for a mod that is of high quality and which every fellow vapor will be jealous. This one is the one to buy.
Thank you Fasttech, Thank you Yosen. Thank you once again NicoleI. I'm a happy vapor!

DH350nWo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered 2 of the Sentic Zero's from the Trendy link above. Just wait for them to ship, and once in my hands I will review. Apparently FT has also released some new versions this week (40w & 50w). But not knowing the manufacturer I cannot comment.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Bringing this up again to ask a question. How many clone companies are making these things? I frequently check fast tech new arrivals. They get a new zero like once a week seems like. Someone over there said they counted 18. Just wish on a lot of these there was a good way to tell who made it or if its a v1, v4, whatever. Although I did read somewhere that Nicole got focal and 3f to start listing manufacturers, so maybe we can get ft to do that too lol.

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
I recieved my first Zero from Fastech mid Januari and was supposed to be Version 2 (V2).
Well, I can tell you that ten second one I bought must be V3 or higher.
Compared with my first one this is much, much better.
Machining is flawless, 510 is perfect and reverce threaded. The SS-holder is quare angled so sleeves fit perfectly.
The board is also much improved. Fires from sleep. No deley.
The good properties of the first board remains present like good power management and rapid USB charging.
Battery fits much better not have to be squeezed in and can be secured with a screw from the bottom to prevent rattling.

This mod is a versitile peace of equipment. One can buy at Fasttech additional sleeves which, I if you want, can be wrapped with any self adhesive vinyl sheets to give it an ever changing appearance.
In the discussion part of the product you can find many examples:
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1996400/t/1520347/show-your-wraps

Conclusion.
If you are looking for a mod that is of high quality and which every fellow vapor will be jealous. This one is the one to buy.
Thank you Fasttech, Thank you Yosen. Thank you once again NicoleI. I'm a happy vapor!

Thanks for the review what SKU did you order for the V3? No sleep good machining. From FT;)

The black 50W looks good from the pics and feedback but I suspect there painted SS will scratch up easily and from the pics the 510 threads are coated which may cause issues.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors