Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup, prob only another 5 to 7 years:)

Haha only took me 6 months ;)

Nichrome + rayon for the win! Lower resistance on the nichrome + high wicking speed on the rayon make for a great vape

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i used to use the drill bit technique but i prefer the kuro-concepts coiler wrapping at 2.5. always tight and clean everytime with very little tweaking needed after install

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is kuro concept?

they make a wire coiling apparatus thats severely overpriced.

Revolver_coil_jig_Wire_coiling_tool_Kuro.jpg

i still prefer one of these and my vice grip like meaty sausage fingers..
coiling-tool-UM3t.jpg

or this,
31Gi881OO2L.jpg

the artistic wire coiling gizmo, only downsides to it are it takes up some space, and youre limited to 1.5mm or 3mm coils, however with whatever size rod you desire, you can make your own sizing rod and use it. tensioned coils are awesome with it though, pull the wire as tight as you want and wind with your other hand. the space thing really doesnt bother me though, ive got a massive desk, in my very own vape room in the basement. keep forgetting to take the battery out of the smoke alarm though...lol

Last edited:

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

coiling-tool-UM3t.jpg

or this,
31Gi881OO2L.jpg

the artistic wire coiling gizmo, only downsides to it are it takes up some space, and youre limited to 1.5mm or 3mm coils, however with whatever size rod you desire, you can make your own sizing rod and use it. tensioned coils are awesome with it though, pull the wire as tight as you want and wind with your other hand. the space thing really doesnt bother me though, ive got a massive desk, in my very own vape room in the basement. keep forgetting to take the battery out of the smoke alarm though...lol

I use 2 key rings and a screw in my door jam, not on the inside where the door closes, just inside the room. Tightest wraps that I know of. Not that thats anything to brag about, just saying.

What I do is, twist each end of the strand on a a seperate key ring...

Hook one ring onto a nail/screw in my door jam. The other ring goes on my right pointer finger.

I hold my bit horizontal with the screw and wrap the wire...

Works amazing, I also use the same screw to do my twisted coils or when I use ribbon wire...

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

coiling-tool-UM3t.jpg

or this,
31Gi881OO2L.jpg

Might be somewhat overpriced, but when i spend money once and never buy that piece of equipment again it works out cheap in the end.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've gotten to where I think you could say my builds are at least decent, maybe even a bit better. I also picked up a great tip for wicking in another thread wich helped alot. Just wanted to say thanx again for all the help. I am blown away at how good dripping is:D I still like and use my sub tanks daily, but imo dripping is far superior on all levels

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanx man, you were a big help. Guess I got another question, shocker huh:eek:
Does it matter how "high" you set your coils up from the deck?

Yes. The more airflow around the coils you can get, the more vapor you'll get out of each drag. Try to put the coils inline to where you can see the coils looking into the air holes of the atty. any blockage around the coils that hinder airflow will make a difference

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes. The more airflow around the coils you can get, the more vapor you'll get out of each drag. Try to put the coils inline to where you can see the coils looking into the air holes of the atty. any blockage around the coils that hinder airflow will make a difference
Ok, cool. How about addys that have air flow from under the deck?

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Builds on the Freakshow should hangover the airflow vents.

@dubya314 the cooler you can keep your coils, while firing, the more vapor you will get. That is why you're supposed to lineup the coils with the airflow holes.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Big congrats.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first started building it was the same man, I vaped it for like and hour tore it out and started over, now I have a problem.... a good one but Just like the rest of us if you get the bug you will be building perfect looking stuff in a couple weeks. I ended up buying another RDA just so I could vape while I built, it escalates quick:) I have OCD bad, so coil building came quick from trial and error but I have seen some peeps that have some wretched looking coils and they could care less just depends on how you are. In the end all that matters is your happy and your not smoking!!!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I first started building it was the same man, I vaped it for like and hour tore it out and started over, now I have a problem.... a good one but Just like the rest of us if you get the bug you will be building perfect looking stuff in a couple weeks. I ended up buying another RDA just so I could vape while I built, it escalates quick:) I have OCD bad, so coil building came quick from trial and error but I have seen some peeps that have some wretched looking coils and they could care less just depends on how you are. In the end all that matters is your happy and your not smoking!!!
Yup, im with you. Im up to 3 rda's already:)

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Question about your mad hatter.... Does the flip top work well? I have one and cant use it that way, the Oring is to wide and once its open I have to fight to get it closed again. Tried different sized orings but cant find a good fit.

Also, with that mad hatter, do you notice a lot of juice under it as in on top of your mod? my coils always tended to spit and the juice would rn straight down the airflow tubes and onto my mod. Got tired of it and ditched it.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Question about your mad hatter.... Does the flip top work well? I have one and cant use it that way, the Oring is to wide and once its open I have to fight to get it closed again. Tried different sized orings but cant find a good fit.

Also, with that mad hatter, do you notice a lot of juice under it as in on top of your mod? my coils always tended to spit and the juice would rn straight down the airflow tubes and onto my mod. Got tired of it and ditched it.
Yea the flip top works good in mine. Closes without to much effort, but stays snug. When I first started using it, had juice all over my mods. I found I just can't over saturate the wick, and can't leave it on top of mod when I'm not using it. Was yours a clone? Mine is a authentic, maybe matters? I also have a bAAl clone, and like that alot Also. One other cheap ass clone(not even sure what it is:)). So I don't have a whole lot to compare to.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea, mines a clone. Think I got it for 10 bucks on the Bay. Oh well. It works ok, but just little things annoy me.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, mines a clone. Think I got it for 10 bucks on the Bay. Oh well. It works ok, but just little things annoy me.
Seems like you always hear mixed reviews on clones. The bAAl I have is a clone. $16 instead of $100 I think, and I honestly don't see how it could be any different or better

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok so, build,'s are looking pretty good and getting better at getting them to come out about where they should on the 1st try. Vaping great and I'm really loving it. Thanks to all the great help here I feel I am building much better, and have a much greater knowledge of what I am actually doing. The flavor im getting is amazing. Depending on wich rda and the built, I seem to be good with the flavor all around. The amount of vapor seems to be in par with all as well, my question is with the vapor density. From what I've seen with others, no matter witch rda or build, the density of my vapir seems to be lacking. Its not that big of a deal to me, but im just curious. Is it something I'm doing wrong? If I change something about the way I'm doing it will it create a denser vape?

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Airflow is a factor also it's actually quite amazing what a build, rda, juice etc can make, I'm yet to be a veteran but I'm figuring it all out as I go. Tighten up your airflow a bit and see what results you get. Believe it or not wicking to me is just as important as your build. Build it too crazy and wick it wrong it takes too long to ramp up and give you a nice vape by the time your inhale is complete. Lots of factors but all personal preference. Some on here love the dense clouds some on here love flavor and could care less. At this point I'm just trying different things and doing what fits my vaping needs:)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok so, build,'s are looking pretty good and getting better at getting them to come out about where they should on the 1st try. Vaping great and I'm really loving it. Thanks to all the great help here I feel I am building much better, and have a much greater knowledge of what I am actually doing. The flavor im getting is amazing. Depending on wich rda and the built, I seem to be good with the flavor all around. The amount of vapor seems to be in par with all as well, my question is with the vapor density. From what I've seen with others, no matter witch rda or build, the density of my vapir seems to be lacking. Its not that big of a deal to me, but im just curious. Is it something I'm doing wrong? If I change something about the way I'm doing it will it create a denser vape?
Bump

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you change something about the way you build or vape will it create a denser cloud....

Only you know how you build and vape. Change something and see. Sounds like you've got a firm grip on building bud, now comes the fun part. Finding what's best for you! Atty style, airflow of that atty, the way you inhale, your build, the way you wick the build, your juice, your drip tip ALL impact the flavor and vapor production.

Start tweaking and see what works for your style and what doesn't. One thing that some people do, is open the corner of their mouth a little when inhaling, let a little air aside from what's being drawn through the atty. it increases flavor and vape a little more. I do it and I find it adds a substantial amount of flavor and more cloudiness.

What attys are you using?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mad hatter, bAAl, and a cheap ass clone, not even sure what it is. I do feel like it's different all the time, and I have no prob with continuing to fuck with it, if thats all I can do

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm. Might be time to invest in a few more attys. I highly recommend
Mutation X v3 - stupid amounts of airflow and easy to build on, bonus with this is glass cap option. My everyday carry on a sig 150.
Yep - tall and goofy looking, but stupid amounts of airflow and massive juice well
CEO - flavor atty and you can open it up to a dumb amount of airflow, mine stays on a Hana with nickel in it for temp control.
Derringer - my other everyday vape on a 4nine. It's like a roll of pennies that make clouds. Seriously, derringers kick ass! Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know how to build one or is overjuicing.
Zenith - boring looks and nothing special about it except it chucks and it's easy to build on.

101vape has CEOs on sale for $5. It's a clone but I'm not interested in dropping $100 on another of the same atty. except the derringer and CEO all of these are low price attys, around the $30 mark. Vapordna has the mute and yep.
I've got a bunch more attys but these are the ones that really stand out.

Mini freakshow and freakshow are too finicky, I don't like having to re drip every 3 hits. Have a leak boat I mean tugboat, I don't see the hype that everyone has for them. Have a doge x v2, it makes clouds, and makes you use a LOT of juice.

If I'm in "experiment" mode, I usually vape a build for 2-3 days, all day to make a decision on whether to trash it or not.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, could deff get more, and hear all kinda of good things about the mutation and derringer, but I do gotta say: I don't know how you could have more air flow than the bAAl. 6 air flow holes and a drip tip like a fuckin shot glass?

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, could deff get more, and hear all kinda of good things about the mutation and derringer, but I do gotta say: I don't know how you could have more air flow than the bAAl. 6 air flow holes and a drip tip like a fuckin shot glass?

airflow isnt the only thing to do with it. build, power, wicking, juice, the airflow coming in, and turbulence inside the atty all play a part in making flavor and fog.

for as simple as it is, its kind of complicated. experimenting will be your best friend as you learn. and what works for me, might not work for you. the end result for most is flavor. and taste is very subjective. you can have everything perfect, and stuff too much or not enough wick into the coils, and boom, shitty burnt vape.

back when i first started vaping, there were hundreds, if not thousands of people absolutely going fucking bonkers on ECF over bobas bounty juice by alien visions. and the shyster bastards that made it only released one order a month, or 2 weeks, i forget which. and each order sold out within an hour. i managed to get a bottle. was all excited when it showed up, filled up a carto with it (yeah, a carto..been that long) took 2 hits off of it and thought to myself all these douches raving about this garbage??? i wanted to chase my dog around to catch her to lick her ass to get the taste out of my mouth. to me, it was THAT bad. and it wasnt anything i did wrong, cartos are pretty much idiot proof as long as you prime them right

even though im pretty proficient at building, i still watch videos on youtube to pick up whatever i can, or to try to get ideas for new builds, or try something different. look up trevor jones, hes not a ball licking, bearded, sponsored moron with ADHD like dip shitters. and 99% of the time, if you comment on one of tj's videos, he WILL answer you. that shows he pays attention to his viewers, not like the bearded, sillyhaired ballchinnyan

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With each picture I see you are getting better. Keep at it and you'll be fine. Watch a lot of youtube vids and you will see how to heat and manipulate the coils after they are mounted. It's really pretty simple. Also I would highly recommend a coil wrapping tool like a Coil Master or Kuro Concepts coiler. They are just about idiot-proof and I can wrap a perfect coil in about ten seconds. The coils come out even and tight and require minimum "fixing" after mounted to the RBA.

VU Sponsors