Become a Patron!

2nd Amendment and Gun Rights

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Be careful putting those words into the form of a pistol, you might get suspended from school...:eek:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would consider you ready. The question is, if you had to " bug out" because the shit hits the fan do you know what 2 or 3 guns you would grab?
Aug Steyr (.223/5.56)
S&W MP10 (.308)
Glock 19 and my Glock 43 (9mm's)
In my area they are the easiest to get ammo for and if SHTF and I had to scavenge I know more then half the Gun Owners in the area use thess rounds. These are also great hunting/defense weapons. If I bought the Serbu SS I intend to get the Leg Holster for this reason alone so I could carry it on my without taking up backpack or sling space.

If I could pick frearms I dont own yet-FN PS90 Carbine with a EOTech 552/Magnifier, KelTec KSG with Zombie Shell Rail and Shell Sling, and FN FNX .45 w/ Osprey Suppressor and Burris Fast Fire RDS and a Ruger SR-22 for BUG/Small Game

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2 or 3 to bug out? I shudder at the thought. I live far enough out and away from big cities that not much thought has ever been given to bug out.
Hunker down in my home sweet home more like it.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2 or 3 to bug out? I shudder at the thought. I live far enough out and away from big cities that not much thought has ever been given to bug out.
Hunker down in my home sweet home more like it.
IMG_20140727_130929_664.jpg IMG_20140727_131430_162.jpg
This is all I got but I have 1000+ rounds for each. Unfortunately I live in a densely populated area. A friend of mine lives out in the country and he says I'm always welcome to help defend the compound if necessary. But I definitely would try to defend the homestead first.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
uncle_ted.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here's a question. What do you worry about more, a timid politically correct anti 2nd Amendment government or ISIS sleeper cells springing into action on American soil?.... God bless our founding fathers and the 2nd Amendment and all those who defend it.
Zombie Apocolypse and My Nieghbors...Thats my excuse for the wife anyways

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a question. What do you worry about more, a timid politically correct anti 2nd Amendment government or ISIS sleeper cells springing into action on American soil?.... God bless our founding fathers and the 2nd Amendment and all those who defend it.
Sad times when the answer is, a timid and politically correct, anti 2nd Ammendment government.
This question brings to mind many questions in regards to current happenings in the world, presidential contenders views etc.
Bottom line though, if/when we see sleeper cells cause havoc in the U.S. it will cause more loss of freedom. JMO

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow, that's enough guns to compensate for a gang of inadequacies... :)
Well Im not compensating for anything but I see them as useful material. They can be used as precision tools, defensive weapons, currency to barter with, and strong leverage if/when needed. Not everyone needs to buy things they like to compensate for inadequacies, some people actually put money into things that they care for and not what other people think they should invest in. I feel good about my purchases, I really could care less what other people think of it unless it how much they feel the same way.
I dont bitch or put down anyone for doing things that they enjoy and I feel bad for people that do...

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wonder if they would consider this a gun thats lock away in a vehicle...
BixykWp.jpg

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Im not compensating for anything but I see them as useful material. They can be used as precision tools, defensive weapons, currency to barter with, and strong leverage if/when needed. Not everyone needs to buy things they like to compensate for inadequacies, some people actually put money into things that they care for and not what other people think they should invest in. I feel good about my purchases, I really could care less what other people think of it unless it how much they feel the same way.
I dont bitch or put down anyone for doing things that they enjoy and I feel bad for people that do...
You are compensating for one thing, the inability for government or local law enforcement to be there at the moment a crime is taking place against you. Where I live the cops are all for law abiding citizens owning guns and conceal and carry permits. They recognize that they can't be there at that crucial moment and there is always a response time. It is each citizens responsibility to be the first line of defence in their own lives and the 2nd Amendment gives us a powerful choice to do so.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Wow, that's enough guns to compensate for a gang of inadequacies... :)
How many tanks, mods, etc. do you own or have you owned? ;) I mean, after all: One mod and one tank (with a capacity of no more than 1.5 ml, btw) should be sufficient for anybody, no? :)

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How many tanks, mods, etc. do you own or have you owned? ;) I mean, after all: One mod and one tank (with a capacity of no more than 1.5 ml, btw) should be sufficient for anybody, no? :)
AND if you have multiple bottles on standby or in the steeping process it could be considered excessive and the FDA will raid your house......:);)o_O:eek::D

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So what type of 'Gun Nut' are you?

I am the type of 'Gun Nut' that keeps all of my weapons cleaned, oiled and operational.

I am a hypocrite about 'carry weapons', in that I always tell people that they should only have one weapon that they carry for personal protection, while I have 3 main and 1 backup that I carry depending on various issues or just my mood that day. I explain this to people to help them understand that should be very familiar with the carry (comforts and discomforts), weight and location, draw and presentation of the weapon. I also tell them that all their situational training should be with their daily carry weapon. I do this, as the average individual that I run into does not own a 'serious collection or assortment' (or even one serious weapon) of weapons, do not training with the operational weapons that they like to brag about to their friends, do not training situationally or in straight range firing line shooting.

My NRA Instructor card expires next month and I do not plan to renew it. Too much cost compared to too little income, as I am not a business owner. I say this so that you will understand that I have weapons trainer experience from the military, AZ DOC and civilian aspects. Unfortunately, most of the CCW classes that I have been to the range with are people who bought a weapon, holster, extra gear and range safety items just so that they can take the CCW course. After that I do not believe that most of them ever go back to the range or practice dry-fire draw and presentation of weapon. I believe they feel that the 'skim off the top' of information they get from the course is all they should need to learn and that was only because they have to.

Do you see things in people around you and wonder "What are they doing carrying a weapon?" even though you are also the first person to stand up for their right to carry?

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you do not trust our governments or the voters ability to learn from history....

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what type of 'Gun Nut' are you?

I am the type of 'Gun Nut' that keeps all of my weapons cleaned, oiled and operational.

I am a hypocrite about 'carry weapons', in that I always tell people that they should only have one weapon that they carry for personal protection, while I have 3 main and 1 backup that I carry depending on various issues or just my mood that day. I explain this to people to help them understand that should be very familiar with the carry (comforts and discomforts), weight and location, draw and presentation of the weapon. I also tell them that all their situational training should be with their daily carry weapon. I do this, as the average individual that I run into does not own a 'serious collection or assortment' (or even one serious weapon) of weapons, do not training with the operational weapons that they like to brag about to their friends, do not training situationally or in straight range firing line shooting.

My NRA Instructor card expires next month and I do not plan to renew it. Too much cost compared to too little income, as I am not a business owner. I say this so that you will understand that I have weapons trainer experience from the military, AZ DOC and civilian aspects. Unfortunately, most of the CCW classes that I have been to the range with are people who bought a weapon, holster, extra gear and range safety items just so that they can take the CCW course. After that I do not believe that most of them ever go back to the range or practice dry-fire draw and presentation of weapon. I believe they feel that the 'skim off the top' of information they get from the course is all they should need to learn and that was only because they have to.

Do you see things in people around you and wonder "What are they doing carrying a weapon?" even though you are also the first person to stand up for their right to carry?
I'll admit, that I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to and should probably find time in the near future to go. I prefer to shoot outside when I can because this way I can bring all my guns and use them. You can also practice from different shooting positions , kneeling , lying down standing etc... its also good just to take them out just to make sure they are still reliably working. After a day of shooting its a day of cleaning and oiling. But you are correct. A lot of people buy guns just because they can and I can respect that to a certain degree. Part of being a responsible gun owner is knowing how to use it, feeling comfortable while using it and being safe with it. It's a big responsibility. It makes me sick when I see news reports about kids finding guns at home because they weren't locked up or someone getting shot by accident because " they didn't know the gun was loaded".

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In regards to USMC8497 `s question regarding , do you see things in others and wonder what are they doing carrying a weapon ?...LOL,
A few years ago while working a job in AZ, I seen a customer come into a convienient store with a large pistol hanging half out of his rear jean pocket..looked like it could have been a Desert Eagle...top that off with an appearance to the villian in the movie, No Country for Old Men,..yeah I wondered that, but respected his right...
I`m a little guilty of not being the most practiced or polished with my CCW, often look at that LCP .380 as being a last resort, no way out type of situation.

When I took the CCW course I used a Ruger 22/45 Bull Barrel, and the instructor commented on how accurate I was with it, and in the back of my mind wondered why I didn`t have a one ragged hole...(my front sight post was loose).
My favorite pistol is a Colt Trooper in .357 Mag
My favorite rifle is my DPMS Panther Bull 20, very accurate with reloads and the R25 in .243 is close behind.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well here we go again. Gun control in the spot light by the Democrats. People getting shot and killed in California by people who appear to be linked to terrorist and the first thing this administration does is deny that this is terrorism and possibly work place violence. Give me a break! Once again guns are to blame and the law abiding gun owners are the bad guys. The drive by media early on even reported that the masked shooters were white. I believe that there were a lot of people hoping that these people were just violent gun carrying white guys to further the need for more gun control. This President needs to wake the f*** up! And quit pretending terrorism is not possible on American soil.

gtrtech

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here are a few
Ruger KMK678GC
KMK678GC_zpse1457582.jpg

Ruger Old Army with Super Black Hawk grip frame and custom walnut grips.
ROAAfter_zpsca27e668.jpg

Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt with homemade grips.
MernicklePSA-SA02_zps1b6545d6.jpg

Sks and Sar-3
100_7513_zpsf04d30af.jpg

Cimarron Thunderer .44Spl
PICT0008-1_zps5d9668b3.jpg

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The more that these shootings occur, it seems that the more that the government wants to take away our gun rights. The more that it seems like we need them too.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well here we go again. Gun control in the spot light by the Democrats. People getting shot and killed in California by people who appear to be linked to terrorist and the first thing this administration does is deny that this is terrorism and possibly work place violence. Give me a break! Once again guns are to blame and the law abiding gun owners are the bad guys. The drive by media early on even reported that the masked shooters were white. I believe that there were a lot of people hoping that these people were just violent gun carrying white guys to further the need for more gun control. This President needs to wake the f*** up! And quit pretending terrorism is not possible on American soil.
When just a description of these `nut jobs` was given, and that the `attack` was at a CHRISTmas party (ok politically correct HOLIDAY PARTY) I immediately figured (thought) a direct attack on Christianity..the religion...never will be mentioned even if the motive is figured out (good luck divers) ..
oh...mellow out me...could have been they were just serving pulled pork sandwhiches and that was disagreeable...lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When just a description of these `nut jobs` was given, and that the `attack` was at a CHRISTmas party (ok politically correct HOLIDAY PARTY) I immediately figured (thought) a direct attack on Christianity..the religion...never will be mentioned even if the motive is figured out (good luck divers) ..
oh...mellow out me...could have been they were just serving pulled pork sandwhiches and that was disagreeable...lol
He probably didnt receive a gift and thought everyone was shitting on him, could be a billion reasons but no amount of gun control could ever stop things like this....laws only work on people that abide them, not people that break them...and if they couldnt get a gun then another tool could be used for a weapon.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He probably didnt receive a gift and thought everyone was shitting on him, could be a billion reasons but no amount of gun control could ever stop things like this....laws only work on people that abide them, not people that break them...and if they couldnt get a gun then another tool could be used for a weapon.
I could not agree more raymo, and mentioned on another forum that the same carnage or worse could happen with two individuals sporting 4 black powder pistols each...
all about that evil assault rifle though...ban that evil tool first, then `automatic` pistols, then ....
read; I will try to find a link:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I could not agree more raymo, and mentioned on another forum that the same carnage or worse could happen with two individuals sporting 4 black powder pistols each...
all about that evil assault rifle though...ban that evil tool first, then `automatic` pistols, then ....
read; I will try to find a link:
Firearms make alot of noise even with suppressors attached, enough to warn people nearby and they can get to safety...Now say if I wanted to be deadly I could also go into a well populated place and use a long Flathead Screwdriver and stab people in the stomach or neck and the numbers could rise extremely high but no one would even know whats going on unless they are witnessing it happening or if I let someone make enough noise to warn others....Anything can be a weapon and the ones that make noise and are searched for arent the problem...its the individuals behind them.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
we have political leaders with double digit IQs like Obama and congress sending people inot all kinds or bloodshed and people are worried about their nieghbors guns?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
we have political leaders with double digit IQs like Obama and congress sending people inot all kinds or bloodshed and people are worried about their nieghbors guns?
The game they are playing is the Kansas City Shuffle, Make them look left while you do whats needed on the right. They get away with many things by making most of the focus on something else and then get people to fall for it and get things passed or signed to get the agenda completed.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The game they are playing is the Kansas City Shuffle, Make them look left while you do whats needed on the right. They get away with many things by making most of the focus on something else and then get people to fall for it and get things passed or signed to get the agenda completed.
no doubt ...look at that secret "Trade" agreement....that thing is being kept a state secret and the media refuses to touch the subject.they pretend it's normal to have secret trade agreement in a republic.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

Are you sure it is due to stupidity, or is it really by design to dismantle the country and subjugate people?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you sure it is due to stupidity, or is it really by design to dismantle the country and subjugate people?
I mean let's get real...Obama gave guns to mexican drug cartels...he gave guns to Al Queda in LIbya, he"accidentally air dropped guns to ISIS" he tried to illegally run guns to ISIS in Syria....you have to be a damn fools to think they did it on the basis of faulty judgement. to quote sherlocjk holmes

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Arthur Conan Doyle

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't really understand. People with lots of guns are going to fight the government, Isis, or zombies?

VU Sponsors