Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
T

Taver13

So, I was having one of those mornings where all I want is a cigarette. It's cold and gross outside and I don't want to be at work! Decided to vape a little 18mg Prime G2 Vazilla in my magma instead..... Holy fucking throat hit batman. Don't want a cig anymore though!
i just got a vertex v1 in a trade yesterday, and, in my opinion, smashes the magma on flavor, the flavor ring that you put in to reduce the chamber does a fantastic job, go a 1.4ohm 26 gauge single coil at 25 watts. im gonna tear her down and throw in a 2 ohm 30 gauge and really get some flavor out of it

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i just got a vertex v1 in a trade yesterday, and, in my opinion, smashes the magma on flavor, the flavor ring that you put in to reduce the chamber does a fantastic job, go a 1.4ohm 26 gauge single coil at 25 watts. im gonna tear her down and throw in a 2 ohm 30 gauge and really get some flavor out of it
Oh yeah? I may have to look into getting one of those bad boys. I've heard good things all around! I'm loving this 0.6 ohm micro coil build I've got in the Magma right now, it seems to have just the right amount of surface area and man does it heat up fast!

T

Taver13

Oh yeah? I may have to look into getting one of those bad boys. I've heard good things all around! I'm loving this 0.6 ohm micro coil build I've got in the Magma right now, it seems to have just the right amount of surface area and man does it heat up fast!
what size wire?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what size wire?

26g, 9 wraps on a 1/8" drill bit. I didn't feel like making anything fancy last night and needed to change out my coil so I just made that up as a quickie but I'm loving it!

T

Taver13

nice, i got 26 in my vertex right now, 13 wraps

EDIT: im an idiot, i already told you that

T

Taver13

just
26g, 9 wraps on a 1/8" drill bit. I didn't feel like making anything fancy last night and needed to change out my coil so I just made that up as a quickie but I'm loving it!
threw in dual 30gauge, 12 wraps each, 2.5mm, 1.8 ohm, 20 watts, 6 volts in my vertex, with the holes half closed, flavor ring in....nice thick warm tasty clouds

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my most recent update on tracking...

January 21, 2015 , 9:11 pm
Departed USPS Facility
ROCHESTER, NY 14606

And still says expected tomorrow!

T

Taver13

Here's my most recent update on tracking...

January 21, 2015 , 9:11 pm
Departed USPS Facility
ROCHESTER, NY 14606

And still says expected tomorrow!
i take usps tracking with a grain of salt, i really kinda give up after a while

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow lol my post office is two days behind in incoming delivery, but a day early in outgoing packages...wonder where the problem lies? Maybe cause I expected an an apology from a worker that was rude and inappropriate? Think she flagged my box... Oh well glad it got there. Can't wait, well guess ill have to cause I'm 16.....

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
de1285b0c4de61161b86adaf6fd2cae4.jpg

102ml for $18.50! I love it!

D

Donald Bickers

Oh wow lol my post office is two days behind in incoming delivery, but a day early in outgoing packages...wonder where the problem lies? Maybe cause I expected an an apology from a worker that was rude and inappropriate? Think she flagged my box... Oh well glad it got there. Can't wait, well guess ill have to cause I'm 16.....
im 18,,,,,,save me some goodies

T

Taver13

elaborate my man
well, i usually use mechs, and build from about .15-.35, but i have been trying to utilize my ipv mini more, so i have been building from 1.8-2.2, and im getting sucdh warm dense vapage at lower watts, its just a smooth enjoyable vape. im vaping my vertex with a 2.0 right now on duals 30gauge, and it is fantastic, i still love hitting a mech at real low ohms, they are two totally different vapes, the high ohm coils on the regulated heat up way faster and give you a nice flavor burst in the megining where as with my .3 im running on my infinite clt takes a bit to warm up and get real flavorful....in a nutshell, lol

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, i usually use mechs, and build from about .15-.35, but i have been trying to utilize my ipv mini more, so i have been building from 1.8-2.2, and im getting sucdh warm dense vapage at lower watts, its just a smooth enjoyable vape. im vaping my vertex with a 2.0 right now on duals 30gauge, and it is fantastic, i still love hitting a mech at real low ohms, they are two totally different vapes, the high ohm coils on the regulated heat up way faster and give you a nice flavor burst in the megining where as with my .3 im running on my infinite clt takes a bit to warm up and get real flavorful....in a nutshell, lol
Hey man, try a sleeper coil in a mech. Like I think I've said here before, I'm using a 22g sleeper 7 wraps around the screwdriver that came with my Dark Horse, it comes out at .26 ohms. Ramp up time is quick and even between the coils because of the sleeper. If that's still not fast enough try a parallel sleeper, those are faster yet. A pain in the ass to make, but super quick ramp up! My 22g parallel sleeper 4 wraps came in around .14ohms I believe, and it was so quick it actually set my saturated cotton on fire lol... however when I used 24g I really enjoyed a parallel sleeper with 5?6? wraps, it was quicker than my current setup, just didn't burn as hot as the 22g...

L

Lighty269

I see 8 of 18 have contributed to the start of the box, what is the status of it, I know we must be getting close. When the box is shipped how many will have contributed to the start of the box?

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda dumb question Ben... What's a sleeper coil? I am just fiddling around with starting to see if I can do coils... Also I was stalking some of the other pif boxes and I think ours is going to be the awesomist ( that's a MOMABEAR word ). When the box starts going around, it's gonna be like a party up in heha..... Lol

T

Taver13

Hey man, try a sleeper coil in a mech. Like I think I've said here before, I'm using a 22g sleeper 7 wraps around the screwdriver that came with my Dark Horse, it comes out at .26 ohms. Ramp up time is quick and even between the coils because of the sleeper. If that's still not fast enough try a parallel sleeper, those are faster yet. A pain in the ass to make, but super quick ramp up! My 22g parallel sleeper 4 wraps came in around .14ohms I believe, and it was so quick it actually set my saturated cotton on fire lol... however when I used 24g I really enjoyed a parallel sleeper with 5?6? wraps, it was quicker than my current setup, just didn't burn as hot as the 22g...
no need for sleepers, cause i use attys with positive blocks, they are just easier to build on and so much more efficient at heating up coils evenly. the lack of a positive block is one of the main reasons i got rid of my dark horse. i had a mutation v2 i ran dual parrrallel 3 wrap 22 gauge at .03, that build was stupiud, the first time i burnt my inger on the button, as i only use mechs with hybrid tops, i was done with thtat build.

T

Taver13

I see 8 of 18 have contributed to the start of the box, what is the status of it, I know we must be getting close. When the box is shipped how many will have contributed to the start of the box?
im hoping that everyone has contributed by then, it should be ready to go pretty soon, i think alot of peoples things should be here today

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda dumb question Ben... What's a sleeper coil? I am just fiddling around with starting to see if I can do coils... Also I was stalking some of the other pif boxes and I think ours is going to be the awesomist ( that's a MOMABEAR word ). When the box starts going around, it's gonna be like a party up in heha..... Lol
@Taver13 makes a good point that I just don't think about because my only rda has only one positive post not two like some. Anyways with only 1 positive post if you do dual coils it's sometimes hard to get both coils to heat at the same speed. With a sleeper coil you use all one strand of wire. Cut a piece of wire about a foot or so in length (you'll get used to how much you'll need) then wrap a coil like normal. Stick the long straight end of the wire thru the positive post then the short end thru a negative. Tighten down those two posts. Wrap the same coil on the other side using the long strand sticking thru the positive post. Stick the remaining end thru the other negative post and tighten. These coils should heat almost identically.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow ok makes sense. I'm so excited, I'm getting my igo 4 cut right now and will be my first rda. I have a coil master I'm playing around with to help me do the coils. I have a USB vv thingy thinking i could run that atty on it but not sure if it will work, trying to decide what kind if mod I want to get. Just been running 510 stuff up til now, but I've tried someone's mod... And I love the clouds...you guys are the bomb, I'm learning so much just reading your posts, Ty.

T

Taver13

Oh wow ok makes sense. I'm so excited, I'm getting my igo 4 cut right now and will be my first rda. I have a coil master I'm playing around with to help me do the coils. I have a USB vv thingy thinking i could run that atty on it but not sure if it will work, trying to decide what kind if mod I want to get. Just been running 510 stuff up til now, but I've tried someone's mod... And I love the clouds...you guys are the bomb, I'm learning so much just reading your posts, Ty.
just make sure to keep the build over say 1.5 on one of those usb things, 30 gauge wire will make that easier, watch some tutorials on youtube, it will help quite a bit

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By any chance is there anyone in front of me in the box order that is going to be PIF'ing a box mod by chance? The more I research them the more I think I want one... Speaking of research, does anyone know what the best one for using an RDA that will make it hit like my .26ohm coil on a mech would be?

That sounds confusing... basically I'm looking for a box mod that will house 2 of my Sony VTC5's and be able to power an RDA and make it hit like it does on top of my mech with a .26ohm coil.

T

Taver13

By any chance is there anyone in front of me in the box order that is going to be PIF'ing a box mod by chance? The more I research them the more I think I want one... Speaking of research, does anyone know what the best one for using an RDA that will make it hit like my .26ohm coil on a mech would be?

That sounds confusing... basically I'm looking for a box mod that will house 2 of my Sony VTC5's and be able to power an RDA and make it hit like it does on top of my mech with a .26ohm coil.
you definatly need one with mosfet, honestly, if you buy the parts, i can pt one together for you

T

Taver13

you could go crazy and start adding volt meters and stuff that way, its comletly customizeable, if you want id be happy to help you out

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone tried building a sleeper coil in a magma? Would that even work with only two posts? I swear I rebuild that thing every other day, I'm getting better and better with my builds every time and it's kind of fun/relaxing for me. Just did a 28g 2mm 15 wrap 1.8 ohm single coil last night and it's giving me a really nice dense cooler vape that I'm digging.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I sure will look that up...ohm meter on my list of things to get next. I've been watching a few vids on different builds and explaining the electrical part...still watching. I'm a research-til you drop type person. Just not as much jump right in which is where I am. I really like getting input from different ppl. Some can explain stuff better than others.
just make sure to keep the build over say 1.5 on one of those usb things, 30 gauge wire will make that easier, watch some tutorials on youtube, it will help quite a bit

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok I sure will look that up...ohm meter on my list of things to get next. I've been watching a few vids on different builds and explaining the electrical part...still watching. I'm a research-til you drop type person. Just not as much jump right in which is where I am. I really like getting input from different ppl. Some can explain stuff better than others.

I'm the same way. I took a while to get to rebuilding, I stuck with the kanger protank/aerotanks for the first 6 months or so I was vaping (even though they really didn't do the trick for me) and got myself a reasonably reliable regulated mod (20W VAMO V6) to try things out on. Even now I'm still figuring things out but VU is a great resource, I've asked quite a few "dumb" questions here and most people will give you a straight answer instead of the usual "here's a link to X why don't you just read that instead of asking stupid questions?"

T

Taver13

I'm the same way. I took a while to get to rebuilding, I stuck with the kanger protank/aerotanks for the first 6 months or so I was vaping (even though they really didn't do the trick for me) and got myself a reasonably reliable regulated mod (20W VAMO V6) to try things out on. Even now I'm still figuring things out but VU is a great resource, I've asked quite a few "dumb" questions here and most people will give you a straight answer instead of the usual "here's a link to X why don't you just read that instead of asking stupid questions?"
this is the exact reason why i didnt join certain other forums

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang... so there's 8 that haven't arrived yet... are those 8 on the way? Do you know? Well actually I guess 5 because you don't have to send anything in, @Cruel-Phate gets the box first, and @Shawn.freeman50 said he sent his today :p

So just curious, but have the following people sent in their initial contribution? Honestly not trying to start any commotion between anyone here, I am simply just wondering and offering a reminder if you haven't because I'm sure you all want to get this box going as quickly as we all do :D Thanks!
@Diescum88
@Bambua
@RZAwora
@Sigmardin
@Heather

Last edited:

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL at my new sig... V V V V V That convo really happened :cool:
Lol my wife and I do that with each other all the time. We say we're just practicing for when we are old and deaf so we don't have to actually hear what the other one is saying :D

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol my wife and I do that with each other all the time. We say we're just practicing for when we are old and deaf so we don't have to actually hear what the other one is saying :D
Damn wish I woulda thought of that comeback when she about slapped me afterwards :p

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have not sent my contribution. I am sorry guys. I just have been swamped with all sorts of crap. Not an excuse but am sorry. Maybe I should just wait and put it in when the box comes to me. That way I am not holding everything up? Please advise.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not sent my contribution. I am sorry guys. I just have been swamped with all sorts of crap. Not an excuse but am sorry. Maybe I should just wait and put it in when the box comes to me. That way I am not holding everything up? Please advise.
Honestly I don't care either way. I see both sides of it. We sent stuff in so why shouldn't everyone, as well as I want this box started already lol. That's just my two cents. Again, I just want everyone to be happy and this to be the best PIF group yet! Someone else will have to make that call for you

VU Sponsors