Become a Patron!

Alert?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oregon wants to ban flavors:

More useless politicians with nothing better to do than mess with the lives of people like us who saved our own lives by quitting cigarettes through vaping.

and CASAA call to action on Oregon:

Recap: five states, five bans (thanks Kristin at ECF, for posting this from the CASAA blog):

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

More useless politicians with nothing better to do than mess with the lives of people like us who saved our own lives by quitting cigarettes through vaping.

Recap: five states, five bans (thanks Kristin at ECF, for posting this from the CASAA blog):

should ban politician's wages..

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
should ban politician's wages..
it was on the news here in tasmania today that governments are losing $3billion/year as people are buying chop chop from under the counter at tobacconists and you can but 30 pack of whats called red cigs for 30cents!! they sell cigs over here for $32 for a 30 pack thats official sell price. log on to coles supermarket kings meadows tasmania and you can see fag prices, its crazy. if you smoke 30/day then it costs $210/week!! average take home wage is $600!! thats 40%tax on price for government tax!

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
it was on the news here in tasmania today that governments are losing $3billion/year as people are buying chop chop from under the counter at tobacconists and you can but 30 pack of whats called red cigs for 30cents!! they sell cigs over here for $32 for a 30 pack thats official sell price. log on to coles supermarket kings meadows tasmania and you can see fag prices, its crazy. if you smoke 30/day then it costs $210/week!! average take home wage is $600!! thats 40%tax on price for government tax!
Heh, if u smoke 30 a day u should cut down...
Lol, just joshin ya, sounds expensive..a 30 pack u mean a 30 pack of smokes is 32 dollars? ouch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

They might ban already mixed up flavored juices.

Doubt they could ban buying the flavorings and say an unflavored juice. The flavorings might be used in baking, cooking. Like I might use the wire I buy from Temco to fit into say hot water heaters, for all anyone knows. Might use the cotton to stuff handcrafted dolls.

A recently orange colored politician wanted to tax aluminum sent to England. England started getting some weird ore called alu - min -um. It was not what was being taxed as it was named phonetically, ergo a different substance.

There's will, way follows & Bob's your uncle. *wink* Just remember, ... "never walk alone, always hang together". They start zuit suiting whole clans o' us they risk blackin' their own eyes and what with perception being reality, ... well, ...

Dinnae fight 'em, but what with the system, they build up to use themselves to save 'em n slave us. Use peace & love as the shield n' sword. They got nothing to rally again those.

Let their own word, policy, law be the nooses round their own necks. Gim'em rope aplenty, hang 'em, high! Same they would ought see us you bet.

Sorry, forgot the obligatory ... "Argh!!! Stand Fast!!! Hold Yer Fire!!! Carry On!!!"

Lao Tzu said war is naught but deception. I agree, war is the ultimate deception lie. It says, "there is no such thing as peace." I say, "set your arms aside, take a breath, look around and witness peace embrace us all."

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heh, if u smoke 30 a day u should cut down...
Lol, just joshin ya, sounds expensive..a 30 pack u mean a 30 pack of smokes is 32 dollars? ouch

Kind of the European, global way of things, which America does not follow. If you got product A, and it has horrible health risks, stop production of it, or make it so costly none want to buy it. Don't ban it, just stop it being feasible.

Look at petrol prices, for example. Consider, it takes about 5 liters to make a gallon. The UK wants petrol use limited, as they're aware of the ecological impacts. Of course, the People still need to use it. It's costly doing so, though, to help remind the People of the impacts.

Even Canada allows for legal sweet leaf use. Don't be a rude boy in public with it though or get charged fines, possibly time in the box. This is a way to encourage responsible use without prohibition, which wouldn't work anyway.

No, here in the states we rather remain neanderthal puritans. "Oh my gosh! Someone is having fun and living life! Arrest them! Fine them! Ban it all! Save the children!"

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They might ban already mixed up flavored juices.

Doubt they could ban buying the flavorings and say an unflavored juice. The flavorings might be used in baking, cooking.
Yes true, and it's why we hoard, why we have DIY mixing threads, why we use open systems, especially those of us with vaping experience.

But the way I see the market being shaped currently, new vapers will soon be down to the choice of only one thing, the closed disposable, non-refillable, plastic landfill trash with insanely high nic levels. That is why we have to remain vigilant and keep hammering on the elected monkeys. They are always eyeing vaping as that easy target, that thing they can climb on a soapbox and rant about, and get their way with legislation, while their states' real problems, while the country's real problems, continue on and on.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes true, and it's why we hoard, why we have DIY mixing threads, why we use open systems, especially those of us with vaping experience.

But the way I see the market being shaped currently, new vapers will soon be down to the choice of only one thing, the closed disposable, non-refillable, plastic landfill trash with insanely high nic levels. That is why we have to remain vigilant and keep hammering on the elected monkeys. They are always eyeing vaping as that easy target, that thing they can climb on a soapbox and rant about, and get their way with legislation, while their states' real problems, while the country's real problems, continue on and on.

Are they rights if you need to beg permission?

Amendment IX (1791)
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X (1791)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

We are granted freedom to vape based upon these two amendments alone. Fuck asking some monkey in a suit and tie for permission to do as I please, to pursue my happiness, lest it harm another's same right. Simply put, I'll vape if I desire vaping, so long as I'm respectful of the right of others to not vape at their choice.

As for advocating vaping, ...

Amendment I (1791)
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm free to speak about it all I desire. People are free to not listen if they desire to not. Rightly so, I cannot say vaping is totally risk-free. I cannot also promote vaping as the only means to stop smoking. I can say vaping is for the reduction of risk that smoking creates. I can say vaping may offer less risk than smoking. One cannot make health claims without proper qualification/ers.

That is lawful and reasonable, for one cannot yell fire in a crowded building either. There is certain speech understood to be "out of bounds". That considered, one can advocate vaping if they choose.

We need not beg permission. We are free. Not only that, but we live in the Land of the Free.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Closed system disposables are the only thing that should be considered an ecig and possibly regulated like a cigarette. this is something that could be done by pro-vape legislation, but at the moment we are throwing the baby out with the bath water. the most succesful means of quitting cigs.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

politicians prove that man came from monkeys is wrong ,monkeys could never be that stupid.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
politicians prove that man came from monkeys is wrong ,monkeys could never be that stupid.

There's a TV station here that I call the "pathetic reruns channel" because that's all it has, reruns of old TV shows. The only one I like is Bewitched. It was very stylish, and Elizabeth Montgomery (Samantha) was so beautiful, more like a benevolent angel who helped the humans than a witch. Her mother was Endora, who showed up to complicate things and make the husband Darren miserable.

Anyway, my favorite all time TV moment is when Endora says to Samantha, "isn't it funny how the humans believe they descended from apes, when actually it's the other way 'round.
🤣😆😂

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another "debunk" session from CASAA, which covers these mainstream media hits on "dangerous vaping":

Nicotine is dangerous.
Vaping causes heart attacks.
E-cigarettes don't help people quit smoking.
Vaping causes popcorn lung
Vaping causes lungs to collapse
Vaping causes brain damage
Vaping causes seizures
and more

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Courtesy of kristin on the other forum:

HR 901 to pressure FDA to crack down on disposable vapes:

I have mixed feelings about that one because of my extreme dislike of disposables, but something like this will pave the road to banning vaping altogether. Ban the FDA, if you ask me. Besides that, didn't the whole vape industry start with Blu, Njoy and other disposables? They didn't all contain the insanely high nic levels back then though. There were more choices of nic levels readily available.

Disposables, then and now, have defeated some who tried to stop smoking with them and ended up turning back to cigarettes, but disposables have helped others quit smoking forever. It's a mixed bag.

Anyway, beware.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Another "debunk" session from CASAA, which covers these mainstream media hits on "dangerous vaping":

Nicotine is dangerous.
Vaping causes heart attacks.
E-cigarettes don't help people quit smoking.
Vaping causes popcorn lung
Vaping causes lungs to collapse
Vaping causes brain damage
Vaping causes seizures
and more

vaping is healthier
vaping is cheaper
vaping is cutting donations to government
vaping is what i like
vaping is pi@@ing of CASAA

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What does that mean, "vaping is pi@@ing of CASAA"?

I think someone doesn't comprehend what CASAA is about. Out of that ignorance, they seem to be attempting humor. Although, maybe they're just "taking a piss" themselves. Find humor is difficult to convey, even face to face, much less without any tone or mannerisms in text over wires.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Courtesy of kristin on the other forum:

HR 901 to pressure FDA to crack down on disposable vapes:

I have mixed feelings about that one because of my extreme dislike of disposables, but something like this will pave the road to banning vaping altogether. Ban the FDA, if you ask me. Besides that, didn't the whole vape industry start with Blu, Njoy and other disposables? They didn't all contain the insanely high nic levels back then though. There were more choices of nic levels readily available.

Disposables, then and now, have defeated some who tried to stop smoking with them and ended up turning back to cigarettes, but disposables have helped others quit smoking forever. It's a mixed bag.

Anyway, beware.
if i had to guess its because u know who doesnt own them.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if i had to guess its because u know who doesnt own them.
I'm just getting more confused by the minute.

CASAA, Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives, is a member supported 501c3 non-profit association that advocates for our right to access smoking harm reduction products. They've been around since 2009. They keep track of legislative efforts to defeat us. They set up and orchestrate actions we can take as a vaping class.

The video I linked is a de-bunking session, to give vapers the wherewithal to discuss the ridiculous myths non-vapers and vaping objectors raise, myths which are put out by the mainstream media, the government nannies and the ANTZ.

I have no idea what geordie's term even means, ""vaping is pi@@ing of CASAA".

:headbang:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm just getting more confused by the minute.

CASAA, Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives, is a member supported 501c3 non-profit association that advocates for our right to access smoking harm reduction products. They've been around since 2009. They keep track of legislative efforts to defeat us. They set up and orchestrate actions we can take as a vaping class.

The video I linked is a de-bunking session, to give vapers the wherewithal to discuss the ridiculous myths non-vapers and vaping objectors raise, myths which are put out by the mainstream media, the government nannies and the ANTZ.

I have no idea what geordie's term even means, ""vaping is pi@@ing of CASAA".

:headbang:
Heh, i have no idea either, i was just responding to u.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I think someone doesn't comprehend what CASAA is about. Out of that ignorance, they seem to be attempting humor. Although, maybe they're just "taking a piss" themselves. Find humor is difficult to convey, even face to face, much less without any tone or mannerisms in text over wires.
i think i know what i am about, can you say the same thing? humor is easy to convey, especially face to face.depending which way they are leaning that day,

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
sometimes i think they should be regulated differently as well, but thats not the endgame, meaning dont trust the gubermit, to them a vape is a vape is a vape

True. Letting government ban disposables is just more power in their hands and out of ours. If the trashy disposables disappear from the market it should be because people don't like them, don't buy them, because we learn about open systems and find better ways to vape.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
True. Letting government ban disposables is just more power in their hands and out of ours. If the trashy disposables disappear from the market it should be because people don't like them, don't buy them, because we learn about open systems and find better ways to vape.
Absolutely

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Letting government ban disposables is just more power in their hands
Technically, it's already illegal in the US to sell any disposables. None have PMTA approval. The FDA is enforcing it's regulations selectively. The House bill would push FDA to give enforcement against disposables a high priority. The POTUS could do the same thing any time. Seems to me the bill is just some congresspeople earning their Big Pharma lobbying money.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Technically, it's already illegal in the US to sell any disposables. None have PMTA approval. The FDA is enforcing it's regulations selectively. The House bill would push FDA to give enforcement against disposables a high priority. The POTUS could do the same thing any time. Seems to me the bill is just some congresspeople earning their Big Pharma lobbying money.

"Look, we did what you want, or at least seem to have done so. We're back in our offices now, napping. Thanks for the donations."

Wife: "Did you cut the coffee pot off?"
Husband: "Um, yeah."
Coffee Pot: "I'm still on."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sometimes i think they should be regulated differently as well, but thats not the endgame, meaning dont trust the gubermit, to them a vape is a vape is a vape

Hmm, oh look a congress person. Some of those are corrupt folks. Which congress person isn't? Ah well, look congress people they all look the same, one congress person, two congress people, three, ... same old suits, a suit is a suit

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Really? had no idea. dont use em. Thanks. (not sarcasm)

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Iv
Even if you did, there's a workaround. Buy the disposable from another country. Then you just risk your vape getting caught coming through customs, which, well, ... *smh and chuckling*
Ive seen commercials for vuse on tv.
Not recently tho, guess they must the american brand

Whatever, already discussed disposables more than i want to

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even if you did, there's a workaround. Buy the disposable from another country. Then you just risk your vape getting caught coming through customs, which, well, ... *smh and chuckling*

I wonder if that's what we'll end up doing with all vape supplies eventually, whether disposable or open systems. When I still smoked, when cigarette prices started to climb into the stratosphere because of massive taxes on them, I started ordering them on the internet. There were lots of websites for that. Most of the shipments would come from eastern Europe, a few from western Europe. I didn't know if it was big tobacco orchestrating that, or if it was those "powers that be" spreading the economic impact where they wanted it. None of mine ever got stuck at Customs, though I'd read now and then online that it happened to people.

Now China supplies are drying up too, as China seems to be holding vaping in disfavor, even if you wanted to do it that way. I have preferred to support domestic sellers, so I didn't order from Fasttech or Health Cabin, though the domestic vape sellers, online and local brick & mortar, get many of their supplies wholesale from China.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I wonder if that's what we'll end up doing with all vape supplies eventually, whether disposable or open systems. When I still smoked, when cigarette prices started to climb into the stratosphere because of massive taxes on them, I started ordering them on the internet. There were lots of websites for that. Most of the shipments would come from eastern Europe, a few from western Europe. I didn't know if it was big tobacco orchestrating that, or if it was those "powers that be" spreading the economic impact where they wanted it. None of mine ever got stuck at Customs, though I'd read now and then online that it happened to people.

Now China supplies are drying up too, as China seems to be holding vaping in disfavor, even if you wanted to do it that way. I have preferred to support domestic sellers, so I didn't order from Fasttech or Health Cabin, though the domestic vape sellers, online and local brick & mortar, get many of their supplies wholesale from China.
i wish i knew that when i was a smoker, lol

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I can reminisce just a little bit without triggering anybody, because we all love vaping, but

TRIGGER WARNING.

If it weren't for internet cigarettes I would never have discovered Davidoff. I read someone's review I'll never forget, who wrote "Davidoff Gold, no other cigarette like it. I would step over the corpse of my dead wife to get one".

Woof, they were good, cocoa and brandy notes, rich, mild. That was my 5-carton per order for the last year I smoked.

I am not tempted to go back though.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I think I can reminisce just a little bit without triggering anybody, because we all love vaping, but

TRIGGER WARNING.

If it weren't for internet cigarettes I would never have discovered Davidoff. I read someone's review I'll never forget, who wrote "Davidoff Gold, no other cigarette like it. I would step over the corpse of my dead wife to get one".

Woof, they were good, cocoa and brandy notes, rich, mild. That was my 5-carton per order for the last year I smoked.

I am not tempted to go back though.
Ahh, must be nice to live in a free country. wish we still did.

Wont ask u where u got em, lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh, must be nice to live in a free country. wish we still did.

Wont ask u where u got em, lol

Reminds me of the Vandals line quoted in Triple X 2. "If you think you live in a free country, try going to a deli and pissing on the cheese."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn't know if it was big tobacco orchestrating that, or if it was those "powers that be" spreading the economic impact where they wanted it.

Probably a combination of both. The whole bit gets ran by lawyers, so go figure.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

tasmania is a small state in australia, my friend has run a ciggie shop there for many years, a few years ago he got into vapes.juice,scales etc. after a year he opened up another shop and was thanking vapers as business was very good. fast forward to this year, his 2nd shop closed and he has cut back on the vape side as things went very quiet. one thing he told me was that a lot of his old customers now buy from students at local uni. they are half price and free delivery and you can get vg,pg ninotine mods.they even provide chop chop.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
tasmania is a small state in australia, my friend has run a ciggie shop there for many years, a few years ago he got into vapes.juice,scales etc. after a year he opened up another shop and was thanking vapers as business was very good. fast forward to this year, his 2nd shop closed and he has cut back on the vape side as things went very quiet. one thing he told me was that a lot of his old customers now buy from students at local uni. they are half price and free delivery and you can get vg,pg ninotine mods.they even provide chop chop.

There is the danger of getting adulterated liquids that way. Here in the US there have been fentanyl laced liquids discovered in those "street" sales, which is nothing less than deadly.

That's the sad thing about prohibition. We used to say, back in 2012 when all of the politicians and ANTZ started whining for vape bans, "what time does the black market open?".

In a vape shop in Tasmania, what does a 30ml bottle of liquid cost? When I'm greeting new forum members from other countries I always try to remember to ask if they can easily get supplies where they are, but then I can't remember what they all say.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
There is the danger of getting adulterated liquids that way. Here in the US there have been fentanyl laced liquids discovered in those "street" sales, which is nothing less than deadly.

That's the sad thing about prohibition. We used to say, back in 2012 when all of the politicians and ANTZ started whining for vape bans, "what time does the black market open?".

In a vape shop in Tasmania, what does a 30ml bottle of liquid cost? When I'm greeting new forum members from other countries I always try to remember to ask if they can easily get supplies where they are, but then I can't remember what they all say.
10mm cost $5 30 cost $15-20 australian dollars with average take home wage being 600 bucks. a luxe2 vape was $$120.00 vaperesso swag2 $60.00

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

oh and vg and pg $10/ litre

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
10mm cost $5 30 cost $15-20 australian dollars with average take home wage being 600 bucks. a luxe2 vape was $$120.00 vaperesso swag2 $60.00
Hmmm, AUD20 is approx. USD14.00. For 30 ml. that's about the same as in many a brick & mortar shop here, and up to USD20.00 or more. Online prices can be much better, but IMO the online vape seller is a brick & mortar somewhere. I just try to keep it in the US, besides which, you don't want Customs snooping your package.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm, AUD20 is approx. USD14.00. For 30 ml. that's about the same as in many a brick & mortar shop here, and up to USD20.00 or more. Online prices can be much better, but IMO the online vape seller is a brick & mortar somewhere. I just try to keep it in the US, besides which, you don't want Customs snooping your package.

Heisenberg online cost me double the listed cost at my closest local B&M. Same juice, same bottle size, same nicotine strength. The only reason I could see it was double cost is ludicrous, "point of contact sale". Would have gladly waited two weeks for delivery to save the extra cost.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
"If you think you live in a free country, try going to a deli and pissing on the cheese."
Interesting idea of freedom. Not what either Washington or Moses had in mind, I'm sure.
When cigarette prices started to climb into the stratosphere because of massive taxes on them, I started ordering them on the internet.
I did the same. Discovered some new and enjoyable brands. Never tried Davidoff Gold. Wish I had now, after your description. Eventually, the gubmint started cracking down, 3 orders never made it to me, and I gave up. I was declaring them and paying tax after the fact anyway. Oh, well: I may never have tried vaping if cigarettes were priced reasonably, so it was probably for the best.

I've had one vape order from oversees stopped and sent back by customs. I would have paid the duty if given the opportunity but they don't want any vape stuff coming in, period. Fortunately, I'm pretty well stocked up and haven't had to buy anything since PMTA enforcement and the reporting requirements went into effect. "I'm clean, officer. Honest!"

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Interesting idea of freedom. Not what either Washington or Moses had in mind, I'm sure.

I don't think so, either. Think it's more of a thought experiment than a mandate to go do such a thing. Does such autonomy exist? If not, one has to ask if there is really freedom. If so, why would you choose to exercise it in such a manner? Would you allow others such autonomy? If not, again you're back to asking if freedom truly exists.

And it is kind of like I've expressed. True freedom will not require anyone else to fight to give it to another. True freedom will be there for everyone freely. They can choose to have it, or let it go. No one can make another be free. There is no liberation but for self liberation, the same as no awareness existing but self awareness. Then, if no self, there's no awareness.

I'm probably talking out of the hat I never wear, though.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Oh, there was also Reservation smokes as well. On Reservations there's no taxing as the land is considered under "other national sovereignty". That means smokes can be sold dirt cheap. At one time it was a booming mail order business, until the states complained to the Feds. States got no tax money, as the Reservations faced no export or import taxing.

Does the word money help peel back the curtain for you? *grin*

All a shell game, or Ponzi scheme.

VU Sponsors