All Things Matchy-Matchy (Pics)

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by MaxPerilous, Jul 20, 2017.

1. MaxPerilous

MaxPerilous Silver Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I'm a lover of things matchy-matchy. I wanna see your matchy-matchy pics. Does your mod match your car, your purse, and your outfit? Do you have the perfect ball cap to go with your matchy-matchy mod? Are all the rooms in your house painted different colors with a matchy-matchy mod in each room to vape so you never have to NOT be matchy-matchy?

Lets see it!!

2. twan013

twan013 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    You sound like a Grimmgreen fan. He's the only person I've ever heard say matchy matchy. Lol.

My matchy matchy only goes as far as having the same brand and color scheme between my mod and tank/atty. If possible, I gotta have (for example) an ijoy maxo zenith mod with the ijoy maxo v12 tank. Or a smok alien with a smok tank, all preferably the same colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pescadore and EMusic like this.
  3. MaxPerilous

Blog Posts:
    Spot on. I am actually a GrimmGreen fan, and I LOVE me some matchy-matchy! Hopefully we got some in here for me to drool over while I vape on my big honkin ugly ass mods lol. I have a nice matchy-matchy setup I'm waiting to ship from the island of Tonga, BFN... When It get's here I'll post pics. Until then, to get the ball rolling, a black on black big honkin fugly ass mod...

20170703_165105.jpg

4. Dustyjeans

Dustyjeans Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Blazer pro? How are those crazy hybrid cotton/ceramic coils? They have 2 horizontal and 2 vertical if i recall. Back when i used premade coils i liked the original blazer ceramics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Dustyjeans

Dustyjeans Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    IMG_0412.JPG
    My original matchy setup. Just waiting on coils and the RBA so I can get it back into service.

7. AndriaD

AndriaD Happy b-day to my son... & me! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  8. AndriaD

AndriaD Happy b-day to my son... & me! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Well shoot, you can barely see 'em.. let's try this a different way:

mm1.jpg

mm2.jpg

mm3.jpg

That might show up a bit better.

Andria

9. Raymcconn

Raymcconn Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    ^ that would be matchy-matchy

wildgypsy70, Ryedan and AndriaD like this.
  10. Mattp169

Mattp169 Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    @AndriaD has anyone told you your mods look like hippy daleks with those DTs

11. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    No... What's a dalek? Not familiar with that word.

Andria

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  12. Raymcconn

Raymcconn Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    You would have to be a Doctor Who fan to know what one is or have a best friend like me who is. I could care less. LOL

wildgypsy70 and Letitia9 like this.
  13. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    My son told me, and had me google it, so I could see a "dalek"... but I don't see the resemblance. I love acrylic driptips the best because they're never too hot nor too cold. I always use the angled adapter (or occasionally, a knucklehead driptip) because it keeps hot spats off my lips -- I vape strictly RDAs, but at very low wattage, which is apparently a great way to get hot ejuice right in the mouth and on the lips -- unless you use an angled adapter or knucklehead driptip -- the hot spats go straight up, rarely ever around the bend or curve or angle.

Andria

14. Mattp169

Mattp169 Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    the dt resembles the eye stalk of the dalek

wildgypsy70 and Letitia9 like this.
  15. Nevweezy

Nevweezy VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Here are a couple of my matchy matchy setups.
    First off i got the Boss 3000 Apocalypse with the matching rda...
    [​IMG]
    And second the US1 and Goon 1.5 combo.. Murdered OUT!!!
    [​IMG]

16. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
  17. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Crazy Chef!!!! You're back... again!!!! :giggle: So nice to see you!!!! :hug:

Andria

CrazyChef v2.0 likes this.
  18. MaxPerilous

Blog Posts:
    I would say when they are working well, they are not half bad. My RDA has me spoiled in the flav department but I like the convenience of the tank, so my next move is an RTA. I'd say 3/5 of my coils so far have been LEAKY. This most recent coil has been great though. Seems par for the course as far as prebuilt coils.

So far you are the matchy-matchy queen lol.

Though some may think that murdered out is drab, I love it! Most days I wear black t-shirts, black boots, I ride a black bike, and vape on black mods all of which match my black .45 :shades:

I'd buy more colorful mods if they didn't seem so out of place as far as my personal style is concerned. Doesn't mean I can't drool over pics of matchy-matchy mods though.

Keep em coming folks!

wildgypsy70, Matty Vapes and Nevweezy like this.
  19. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I used to be even moreso -- with a bunch of colored tall plastic tanks for my kayfuns. :D But I don't use those anymore, so I'm stuck with just matching my driptips to my mods.

Andria

20. twan013

Blog Posts:
    Good grief woman! How many of each mod do you have? I see at least two sets of triplets. Lol

21. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

Though actually I now have two white Minibooks, thx to @SnapDragon NY ... :D

In the matchy-matchy pics, the bottom 3 are not actually all the same, though all are Yihi-type mods -- the first 2 are iPV Minis, and the third is an SX Mini M class.

Andria

22. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Heya Snookums!

wildgypsy70 and AndriaD like this.
  23. twan013

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]
    Here's my unfortunately non matchy-matchy setup. It's all I got at the moment and I have yet to see any woodgrain tanks so...

But very soon, the stars will align and I'll have my first matchy-matchy! A pretty good size vape mail haul if I play my cards right. Can't wait to show it off in the vape mail thread. Hehe

kross8, 2WhiteWolves, jcash74 and 2 others like this.
  24. Matty Vapes

Matty Vapes Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I think this fits the bill perfectly..blacked out Alien 220 & Wotofo Lush Plus RDA :shades:
    My 1st RDA.jpg

25. MaxPerilous

Blog Posts:
    I got some mathcy-matchy on the way also. We can't all be AndriaD lol. Maybe tomorrow or Monday I'll have something more to post. I didn't know I was supposed to start prepping for the vapocolypse until like 3 weeks ago or so. So now preparations have been in full swing lol.

I was hoping some the Bonkers crew would post some of their matchy-matchy. I've seen a number of bea-U-tiful mods over there.

26. twan013

Blog Posts:
    Lol. If the vapocalypse happens I'll be in a world of hurt. My next order is gonna be a mod, batteries and a charger, maybe an RDA, a coil master kit for building, and maybe some juice. If I could trust these China based sites, or could afford an authentic mech, then I'd be alright I think. I have it all planned out in phases. Phase one is a maxo zenith and either my current tank (pictured above) or the maxo v12 and a good RDA (which I'm going back and forth and can't decide) and basic 24g kanthal to learn to wrap my own coils. Phase two is probably mech's. Phase three will be diy juice when I can get an actual work station and keep the kiddos away. As it stands right now I don't want to have a whole bookshelf of mods and atomizers. Just a handful that really speak to me

I think I've gone off track. It's late for me..lol

27. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    ROFL!!! That's what I call my husband, and my cat.. and used to call my son! :giggle: Really, so glad you're back; could you PLEASE try to not get banned again?!?!?!? :giggle: This place is loads more fun with you around! ;)

Andria

CrazyChef v2.0 likes this.
  28. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
    :D :D :D

Nah, I'm way too busy now to have time to get banned... I'm starting 2 new companies in case the FDA decides that their rules are more important than my little company that actually helps to save lives by converting smokers to vapers.

29. Puff

Puff Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Nice pictures Folks

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

2WhiteWolves likes this.
  30. cheesy79

cheesy79 Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    As does Mike vapes.

31. XX_Fallen_XX

XX_Fallen_XX Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    My kind of matchy-matchy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32. pizzadave80

pizzadave80 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Picked this guy up today. It's been pretty good! Glad baby beast coils work in it because the quad coil it came with would never wick or prime and would only give dry hits. Other than that.....im loving it[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

33. MaxPerilous

Blog Posts:
    My matchy-matchy has arrived! I know the main color is still black... BUT it's not ALL black like all my other mods! lol
    20170722_162553.jpg

34. CactusFanaticus

CactusFanaticus Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    IMG_0073.JPG Just put this together a couple minutes ago and had my first vape on my new titanium 1.5 on the sebone, chromed out :shades:

kross8, jcash74, Mykreign and 6 others like this.
  35. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
    Matchy matchy. Literally made for each other.

2017-07-22 21.19.40.jpg

kross8, jcash74, r055co and 8 others like this.
  36. Nevweezy

Nevweezy VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Man on man, they came out with a titanium goon 1.5. I would buy one if i didnt have 2 goon 1.5 already...lol

CactusFanaticus likes this.
  37. EMusic

EMusic Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My Smok GX2/4 is matchy-matchy. I love that the kit comes this way already -- no need to search for a tank of the exact same color.

IMG_0816.JPG

38. MaxPerilous

Blog Posts:
    Well, I love the matchy-matchy I have now but... The TM24 gets so damn hot I'm afraid I'll burn myself, hotter than my goon clones... It even had the mod shut itself off saying "warning hot". Kind of a disappointment. Maybe I vape to much lol. Or maybe since I have two mods now, I should just switch back and forth. My OG Goon def doesn't get super hot. I chain vape that thing like mad and though it does get very warm it never gets so hot I actually worry about it.

wildgypsy70 and EMusic like this.
  39. CactusFanaticus

CactusFanaticus Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Sadly It's a clone (most expensive clone I've seen at a bit over 20$) but very well made, best made clone I've seen yet. Love the goon original and 1.5, can't have too many of them lol.

MaxPerilous and Nevweezy like this.
  40. BaronVonEyePoke

BaronVonEyePoke Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    This is my matched set ups, first is a limitless box mod and a griffin mini, second is my smok alien with a TFV8. I love the TFV8, I'm using the T8 coil in it now but I almost exclusively run it in RTA mode. I have a few different RTAs but I always seem to make my way back to the TFV8. [​IMG][​IMG]

41. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    :hug:

EMusic and AndriaD like this.
  42. dinocore

dinocore New Member

Blog Posts:
    I bought and had this mod for like a week, I put a battery with a damaged wrap in it and it shorted and melted the plastic over the battery connection ): how do you like it?? I loved it for the time I had it. Same color and everything lol

43. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
  44. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Well my only option for matchy-matchy is the mod+driptip combo, since I always use an Achilles nowadays. I used to go nuts with the tall plastic M-tanks on my Kayfuns, all in different colors, but for the last 2+ yrs, it's just been all-Achilles, 99.9% of the time. It helps a lot that my favorite driptips are the acrylic Mings, they come in such a range of colors.

Andria

MrMeowgi likes this.
  45. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    All the matches I have. I think...[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

46. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    I love my twisted messes. Got a parallel dual Clapton single coil in it now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

47. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Here's a couple. Leaving out the kits that match out of the box.

Attached Files:

48. MaxPerilous

Blog Posts:
    20170810_171508.jpg

[​IMG]

You want a match!? My face and your ass!

49. cheesy79

cheesy79 Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I'm helping a friend clean up her vape. She has that exact same kangertech setup. What's the name of it so I can help her get coils? Last night her coil was nearly black. I just washed it out and blew through it until it was dry. But she really needs a new coil and some spares. Is there a good place to buy them?

50. Bigbob2322

Bigbob2322 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    My 2 favorite combos. 20170527_124412.jpeg

pescadore, mattymo, EMusic and 2 others like this.