Become a Patron!

All Things Matchy-Matchy (Pics)

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm a lover of things matchy-matchy. I wanna see your matchy-matchy pics. Does your mod match your car, your purse, and your outfit? Do you have the perfect ball cap to go with your matchy-matchy mod? Are all the rooms in your house painted different colors with a matchy-matchy mod in each room to vape so you never have to NOT be matchy-matchy?

Lets see it!!

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You sound like a Grimmgreen fan. He's the only person I've ever heard say matchy matchy. Lol.

My matchy matchy only goes as far as having the same brand and color scheme between my mod and tank/atty. If possible, I gotta have (for example) an ijoy maxo zenith mod with the ijoy maxo v12 tank. Or a smok alien with a smok tank, all preferably the same colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Spot on. I am actually a GrimmGreen fan, and I LOVE me some matchy-matchy! Hopefully we got some in here for me to drool over while I vape on my big honkin ugly ass mods lol. I have a nice matchy-matchy setup I'm waiting to ship from the island of Tonga, BFN... When It get's here I'll post pics. Until then, to get the ball rolling, a black on black big honkin fugly ass mod...

20170703_165105.jpg

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spot on. I am actually a GrimmGreen fan, and I LOVE me some matchy-matchy! Hopefully we got some in here for me to drool over while I vape on my big honkin ugly ass mods lol. I have a nice matchy-matchy setup I'm waiting to ship from the island of Tonga, BFN... When It get's here I'll post pics. Until then, to get the ball rolling, a black on black big honkin fugly ass mod...

View attachment 87439
Blazer pro? How are those crazy hybrid cotton/ceramic coils? They have 2 horizontal and 2 vertical if i recall. Back when i used premade coils i liked the original blazer ceramics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
b9eedd8c097bf06a59822c36ef69243d.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You would have to be a Doctor Who fan to know what one is or have a best friend like me who is. I could care less. LOL

My son told me, and had me google it, so I could see a "dalek"... but I don't see the resemblance. I love acrylic driptips the best because they're never too hot nor too cold. I always use the angled adapter (or occasionally, a knucklehead driptip) because it keeps hot spats off my lips -- I vape strictly RDAs, but at very low wattage, which is apparently a great way to get hot ejuice right in the mouth and on the lips -- unless you use an angled adapter or knucklehead driptip -- the hot spats go straight up, rarely ever around the bend or curve or angle.

Andria

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Blazer pro? How are those crazy hybrid cotton/ceramic coils? They have 2 horizontal and 2 vertical if i recall. Back when i used premade coils i liked the original blazer ceramics.

I would say when they are working well, they are not half bad. My RDA has me spoiled in the flav department but I like the convenience of the tank, so my next move is an RTA. I'd say 3/5 of my coils so far have been LEAKY. This most recent coil has been great though. Seems par for the course as far as prebuilt coils.

Well shoot, you can barely see 'em.. let's try this a different way:

View attachment 87465

View attachment 87466

View attachment 87467

That might show up a bit better.

Andria

So far you are the matchy-matchy queen lol.

Here are a couple of my matchy matchy setups.
First off i got the Boss 3000 Apocalypse with the matching rda...
jnoNY2k.jpg

And second the US1 and Goon 1.5 combo.. Murdered OUT!!!
NhvK6LG.jpg

Though some may think that murdered out is drab, I love it! Most days I wear black t-shirts, black boots, I ride a black bike, and vape on black mods all of which match my black .45 :shades:

I'd buy more colorful mods if they didn't seem so out of place as far as my personal style is concerned. Doesn't mean I can't drool over pics of matchy-matchy mods though.

Keep em coming folks!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So far you are the matchy-matchy queen lol.

I used to be even moreso -- with a bunch of colored tall plastic tanks for my kayfuns. :D But I don't use those anymore, so I'm stuck with just matching my driptips to my mods.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good grief woman! How many of each mod do you have? I see at least two sets of triplets. Lol

tumblr_oqdy12oYUJ1vga2mio1_1280.jpg

Though actually I now have two white Minibooks, thx to @SnapDragon NY ... :D

In the matchy-matchy pics, the bottom 3 are not actually all the same, though all are Yihi-type mods -- the first 2 are iPV Minis, and the third is an SX Mini M class.

Andria

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
7a93a6662680963c4e7bdd7148d31ad1.jpg

Here's my unfortunately non matchy-matchy setup. It's all I got at the moment and I have yet to see any woodgrain tanks so...

But very soon, the stars will align and I'll have my first matchy-matchy! A pretty good size vape mail haul if I play my cards right. Can't wait to show it off in the vape mail thread. Hehe

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
7a93a6662680963c4e7bdd7148d31ad1.jpg

Here's my unfortunately non matchy-matchy setup. It's all I got at the moment and I have yet to see any woodgrain tanks so...

But very soon, the stars will align and I'll have my first matchy-matchy! A pretty good size vape mail haul if I play my cards right. Can't wait to show it off in the vape mail thread. Hehe

I got some mathcy-matchy on the way also. We can't all be AndriaD lol. Maybe tomorrow or Monday I'll have something more to post. I didn't know I was supposed to start prepping for the vapocolypse until like 3 weeks ago or so. So now preparations have been in full swing lol.

I was hoping some the Bonkers crew would post some of their matchy-matchy. I've seen a number of bea-U-tiful mods over there.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Lol. If the vapocalypse happens I'll be in a world of hurt. My next order is gonna be a mod, batteries and a charger, maybe an RDA, a coil master kit for building, and maybe some juice. If I could trust these China based sites, or could afford an authentic mech, then I'd be alright I think. I have it all planned out in phases. Phase one is a maxo zenith and either my current tank (pictured above) or the maxo v12 and a good RDA (which I'm going back and forth and can't decide) and basic 24g kanthal to learn to wrap my own coils. Phase two is probably mech's. Phase three will be diy juice when I can get an actual work station and keep the kiddos away. As it stands right now I don't want to have a whole bookshelf of mods and atomizers. Just a handful that really speak to me

I think I've gone off track. It's late for me..lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heya Snookums!

ROFL!!! That's what I call my husband, and my cat.. and used to call my son! :giggle: Really, so glad you're back; could you PLEASE try to not get banned again?!?!?!? :giggle: This place is loads more fun with you around! ;)

Andria

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
ROFL!!! That's what I call my husband, and my cat.. and used to call my son! :giggle: Really, so glad you're back; could you PLEASE try to not get banned again?!?!?!? :giggle: This place is loads more fun with you around! ;)

Andria
:D :D :D

Nah, I'm way too busy now to have time to get banned... I'm starting 2 new companies in case the FDA decides that their rules are more important than my little company that actually helps to save lives by converting smokers to vapers.

cheesy79

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You sound like a Grimmgreen fan. He's the only person I've ever heard say matchy matchy. Lol.

My matchy matchy only goes as far as having the same brand and color scheme between my mod and tank/atty. If possible, I gotta have (for example) an ijoy maxo zenith mod with the ijoy maxo v12 tank. Or a smok alien with a smok tank, all preferably the same colors.

As does Mike vapes.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I love the matchy-matchy I have now but... The TM24 gets so damn hot I'm afraid I'll burn myself, hotter than my goon clones... It even had the mod shut itself off saying "warning hot". Kind of a disappointment. Maybe I vape to much lol. Or maybe since I have two mods now, I should just switch back and forth. My OG Goon def doesn't get super hot. I chain vape that thing like mad and though it does get very warm it never gets so hot I actually worry about it.

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is my matched set ups, first is a limitless box mod and a griffin mini, second is my smok alien with a TFV8. I love the TFV8, I'm using the T8 coil in it now but I almost exclusively run it in RTA mode. I have a few different RTAs but I always seem to make my way back to the TFV8.
eb25e8ba3723550972318bcfb52f3f60.jpg
682f44ceff60226d00390977447b5fe0.jpg

dinocore

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Smok GX2/4 is matchy-matchy. I love that the kit comes this way already -- no need to search for a tank of the exact same color.

View attachment 87615
I bought and had this mod for like a week, I put a battery with a damaged wrap in it and it shorted and melted the plastic over the battery connection ): how do you like it?? I loved it for the time I had it. Same color and everything lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I somehow knew that you would have a bunch of matching pieces. Ha ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well my only option for matchy-matchy is the mod+driptip combo, since I always use an Achilles nowadays. I used to go nuts with the tall plastic M-tanks on my Kayfuns, all in different colors, but for the last 2+ yrs, it's just been all-Achilles, 99.9% of the time. It helps a lot that my favorite driptips are the acrylic Mings, they come in such a range of colors.

Andria

cheesy79

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 87461
My original matchy setup. Just waiting on coils and the RBA so I can get it back into service.

I'm helping a friend clean up her vape. She has that exact same kangertech setup. What's the name of it so I can help her get coils? Last night her coil was nearly black. I just washed it out and blew through it until it was dry. But she really needs a new coil and some spares. Is there a good place to buy them?

VU Sponsors