Become a Patron!

Am I ready to use a Mech?

Khalid90

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello

I've been vaping for about four months now....tried all kinds of regulated mods, got into building, I'm also familiar with Ohm's Law and read everything I could possibly find about battery safety.

I know that certain builds require higher amp batteries and sub-ohming should be kept within the safe limits of the battery and not to push a battery beyond its limits (like using a 15amp battery with a very low ohm build), I also know that only good batteries that are authentic and bought from reputable places are supposed to be used, like Sony, LG and Samsung and Not the rewraps...as well as storing them in a safe way...inspecting all kinds of dents and tears in the wrap and also how to wrap them.

So based on that, do you guys think that I'm ready to get a hybrid mech mod like the rig for example, and use it with a 0.25 build using a Sony vtc5a battery? or is there something else that I need to know?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time for my lecture

1.Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2.Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a.Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/

b.Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c.Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d.In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e.Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3.Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a.Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b.Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c.Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4.Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5.Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you put it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)

6.Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a.Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Imo i'm against mechs in general. It sounds like you have a decent understanding of battery safety. Also make sure to check your ohms on rda/rta on a mod/ohm metre and while it's put together so you know build isn't touching side walls. When you can get a ijust2 battery ijust s battery pico squeeze that are direct battery mods for 12-20$ don't see the point of mechs. Oh and make sure your rta/rda has a good protruding non adjusting 510 pin.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My question is why.....why do you even want to..I mean it sounds like you have really taken the time to educate yourself, and have a good handle on what your doing, but I gotta tell you back when mechs were the only game in town we weren't building on them anywhere near as low as you want to.....we cut our teeth on like .8 .6 .5 builds....our mistakes had a buffer of saftey because we weren't pushing the envelope on our first time around the block....it sounds like you've been building a while and thats good, but now your going to learn all the mistakes you can make on a mech, but your doing it at a place where there's not alot of room for mistakes.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it sounds like you have educated yourself on battery safety, and ohms law, which is a very good thing.

I myself don't like Hybrid style mech mods much, although own a few. I prefer a standard 510 connection, my favourite mech has both a direct to battery and standard 510, I use the standard 510 top cap myself.

I would suggest starting off at a bit of a higher resistance, until you have got to grips with using the mod. Say 0.5 or so.

The thing is though, why exactly do you want to use a mech? If it is for clouds or similar, a regulated mod would be a much better bet than a mech. I do understand mechs have a certain appeal to them though, which is why I use them sometimes myself.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should ask yourself why you want to make the switch.
While using a mech is fun and cool, it is also more challenging, inconsistent and dangerous.

You do sound like you did a lot more research then some of the people that come here asking about mechs.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What regulated mods do u use and at what watts? I have a rig v2 and haven't touched it in a couple weeks just because my regulated mod can produce more vapor and the top cap is a bitch to get on and off. It's much easier to just throw a rda on my mod.

Edit: sound to me like your ready for one. Just that you may not like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny enough, I'm willing to bet 90% of the people who are against using mech mods hasn't owned one ever!

I think some have...they are usually guys who've vaped low sub ohms and like the saftey aspects of regulated devices, but yeah I've seen the same thing alot of the fear mongering are from people who just read some shit on reddit and then go chicken little.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think some have...they are usually guys who've vaped low sub ohms and like the saftey aspects of regulated devices, but yeah I've seen the same thing alot of the fear mongering are from people who just read some shit on reddit and then go chicken little.

Exactly!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny enough, I'm willing to bet 90% of the people who are against using mech mods hasn't owned one ever!

I am one of the people who don't recommend them.....

I own 3 tubes, and 4 mech boxes.

Mechs are no longer a necessity to get 100+ watts to vape. What exactly can a mech do, that a chipped box can't?

A quality mech box costs more than a good chipped box. A 200-300 watt box costs less.
A mech is a vape of diminishing returns. Every vape lowers the power to the coil. Not so with a chipped box.
A mech will require a lot of time maintaining it.
A mech has NO safety. If you screw up, things can get bad in a hurry.

So, while I never say no one should use a mech, there is little reason for anyone to use them.

By the way, you can ride a motorcycle here without a helmet, shirtless, and wearing flip flops. But it's not really a smart thing to do.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own a few mechs and would recommend a mech but only for the right reason and only to someone responsible.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure! Mechs are satisfying in a somehow different way.
But why hybrid? That introduces an added risk of shorting at the connection, while limiting your choice on atomizers...

Hello

I've been vaping for about four months now....tried all kinds of regulated mods, got into building, I'm also familiar with Ohm's Law and read everything I could possibly find about battery safety.

I know that certain builds require higher amp batteries and sub-ohming should be kept within the safe limits of the battery and not to push a battery beyond its limits (like using a 15amp battery with a very low ohm build), I also know that only good batteries that are authentic and bought from reputable places are supposed to be used, like Sony, LG and Samsung and Not the rewraps...as well as storing them in a safe way...inspecting all kinds of dents and tears in the wrap and also how to wrap them.

So based on that, do you guys think that I'm ready to get a hybrid mech mod like the rig for example, and use it with a 0.25 build using a Sony vtc5a battery? or is there something else that I need to know?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure! Mechs are satisfying in a somehow different way.
But why hybrid? That introduces an added risk of shorting at the connection, while limiting your choice on atomizers...
I have mechs that hit just as hard with an adjustable pin, than hybrid mechs I own...

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had never really had an interest in unregulated mods and never owned one until recently. Ecig was selling them for $9 at some point and I bought two of them just for the hell of it. They sat for a while before I finally used one and I enjoy using it every once in awhile. I use the Twisted messes squared which has a very protruding, well insulated and firm 510 pin, keep my builds around .35-.4 and use authentic, well wrapped LG HB2's. I have not had any issues.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am one of the people who don't recommend them.....

I own 3 tubes, and 4 mech boxes.

Mechs are no longer a necessity to get 100+ watts to vape. What exactly can a mech do, that a chipped box can't?

A quality mech box costs more than a good chipped box. A 200-300 watt box costs less.
A mech is a vape of diminishing returns. Every vape lowers the power to the coil. Not so with a chipped box.
A mech will require a lot of time maintaining it.
A mech has NO safety. If you screw up, things can get bad in a hurry.

So, while I never say no one should use a mech, there is little reason for anyone to use them.

By the way, you can ride a motorcycle here without a helmet, shirtless, and wearing flip flops. But it's not really a smart thing to do.

Mechanicals aren't for everyone. It takes know how and skill. Answers all of your questions. It's a personal preference. Why do people buy expensive cars and stuff? Maintenance and parts are more costly than your standard four door sedan. But how come people buy them?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mechanicals aren't for everyone. It takes know how and skill. Answers all of your questions. It's a personal preference. Why do people buy expensive cars and stuff? Maintenance and parts are more costly than your standard four door sedan. But how come people buy them?

becuase they are simple,rugged,easy to fix,last forever,and give a great vape...also they are beautiful and don't look like you're vaping a tonka truck.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

It didn't answer my very FIRST question.
What can a mech do, that a chipped mod can't?

Doesn't matter if it takes more skill. I'd say building coils takes more skill than just using a mech and knowing ohm's law.

Comparing expensive cars, is apples and oranges. Cars have to do with affordability. All vape gear is pretty affordable. Many of those expensive cars have luxury and performance you can't get with a 4 door sedan. A mech provides nothing better in performance. Luxury is in the eye of the beholder.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Doesn't matter if it takes more skill. I'd say building coils takes more skill than just using a mech and knowing ohm's law.

Comparing expensive cars, is apples and oranges. Cars have to do with affordability. All vape gear is pretty affordable. Many of those expensive cars have luxury and performance you can't get with a 4 door sedan. A mech provides nothing better in performance. Luxury is in the eye of the beholder.
what mechs do you own.or have owned.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello

1. yes you are
2. ignore the haters

enjoy your day

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
what mechs do you own.or have owned.
Why does it matter?
Were you not the one that started a thread a year or so ago about "cloud chasers" and how stupid it was? Aren't you the guy that raves about the love you have for gennies? Aren't you the MTL guy?

What, exactly, would you really know about low ohm builds or mechs?

I ask this because, recently you admitted you were a liar. AND, that for a long time, all you ever talked about with knowledge was toodle puffing. Which is fine, but now all the sudden you are a expert in mechs and sub ohm builds? Your first post in this thread was to question WHY this guy wanted a mech to begin with....

Just a week or two ago, you were going off on a tangent how there should be no fear, no worries, about ANYONE using mechs.

Now you want me to give you an inventory about exactly what mechs I own? I have openly said I own and use mechs, but I don't use mine often because a regulated mod beats a mech.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Good question. Maybe it can be less bulkier, doesn't have wires soldered which melts on some mods at regular high wattage usage. And yes, a bit more appealing to the eyes but like you said beauty is also in the eye of the beholder.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why does it matter?
Were you not the one that started a thread a year or so ago about "cloud chasers" and how stupid it was? Aren't you the guy that raves about the love you have for gennies? Aren't you the MTL guy?

What, exactly, would you really know about low ohm builds or mechs?

I ask this because, recently you admitted you were a liar. AND, that for a long time, all you ever talked about with knowledge was toodle puffing. Which is fine, but now all the sudden you are a expert in mechs and sub ohm builds? Your first post in this thread was to question WHY this guy wanted a mech to begin with....

Just a week or two ago, you were going off on a tangent how there should be no fear, no worries, about ANYONE using mechs.

Now you want me to give you an inventory about exactly what mechs I own? I have openly said I own and use mechs, but I don't use mine often because a regulated mod beats a mech.

I have no idea how long you've been vaping apparently not that long...gennys are almost exclusively vaped on mechs, almost nobody vapes a genny on a regulated mod, and so most genny users own or have owned alot of mechs...a genny user needs to tilt the atty so the airhole is facing them and so having a tube mod allows you to spin the mod to where ever you need it to be...also you dimwitted fuck. seeing as how you don't own or use mechs your knowledge and opinons are shit...also just because I choose to vape gennys does not mean I don't own drippers, which I do , and tanks which I have in the past I just simply prefer gennys..I have sub ohmed vape mostly because I like doing builds I am a craftsman by proffesion and so building to me is simple and easy and fun, and I have explored with the exception of squonking.almost all styles of vaping,and what I can get out of an atty....by the way you can build low ohm builds on a genny...

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello

Yes
Yes you are
Being 'ready' for a mech is more about knowledge in ohm's law and safety. Safety being everything from ensuring good batteries (Sony vtc5a is one of the best) making sure you're not over drawing them, wraps are intact and keeping the mod clean so the button doesn't stick and you keep good contacts.

The one thing with hybrids is making sure the positive pin sticks out far enough past the threading to not let the threads and positive pin touch the battery at the same time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have no idea how long you've been vaping apparently not that long...gennys are almost exclusively vaped on mechs, almost nobody vapes a genny on a regulated mod, and so most genny users own or have owned alot of mechs...a genny user needs to tilt the atty so the airhole is facing them and so having a tube mod allows you to spin the mod to where ever you need it to be...also you dimwitted fuck. seeing as how you don't own or use mechs your knowledge and opinons are shit...also just because I choose to vape gennys does not mean I don't own drippers, which I do , and tanks which I have in the past I just simply prefer gennys..I have sub ohmed vape mostly because I like doing builds I am a craftsman by proffesion and so building to me is simple and easy and fun, and I have explored with the exception of squonking.almost all styles of vaping,and what I can get out of an atty....by the way you can build low ohm builds on a genny...
Well according to what you have said in the past, that whole post was BS.
When I first started vaping, all there was, was pens and 30 watt devices. My FIRST mech was the age old Nemesis. So, you can think I don't own mechs. But I have threads here with my posts that say I have been using mechs, for at least three years.

It's also nice to see how predictable you are. First thing you do when caught in your lies, is you resort to calling people names. Typical of people who have problems telling the truth. Resort to insults and attack other to divert attention from your bull.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot of yes and no's.

Personally I don't like the idea of a battery on continuous firing mode. I prefer the safety features of a regulated mod. I'd say if your into Vaping your going to eventually try a using mech mod. So just make sure you know what your doing first.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well according to what you have said in the past, that whole post was BS.
When I first started vaping, all there was, was pens and 30 watt devices. My FIRST mech was the age old Nemesis. So, you can think I don't own mechs. But I have threads here with my posts that say I have been using mechs, for at least three years.

It's also nice to see how predictable you are. First thing you do when caught in your lies, is you resort to calling people names. Typical of people who have problems telling the truth. Resort to insults and attack other to divert attention from your bull.
are you on some form of medication?.....

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hello

Wow this thread has gone haywire but I'll try to get it back on track

OP, you sound like you know what you are doing. personally If i was you I wouldn't worry about getting a hybrid. just get a regular tube mod or at least one that has an optional hybrid adapter. I had one like that. it was the stingray X. The sony VTC5a are great batts. using the CDR rating provided by mooch (25 amps for them) and your high point of voltage (4.2 for a single battery mech) you are safe as long as you stay at .17 or higher so .25 would be a good build.

Buy your batts from known legit sites like illumn.com liionwholesale.com or IMRbatteries.com stay away from ebay or amazon where people sell fake batteries.

Personally I'd say you sound like your ready. People SHOULD have a healthy fear of mechs, batteries, and electricity in general. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't use it, it just means we should be careful and take precautions. make sure you check your build for shorts. have an ohm meter, fire on a regulated mod 1st to make sure there is no shorts. keep your contacts on your mech clean. make sure the 510 in your atty is nice and tight. make sure your batts have no damage on the wraps. etc.

As far as the rest of the convo goes i have a few things to add

I pretty much started with mechs personally. And i say pretty much cause i started 1st with an ego c twist and kanger evod. then i moved onto an evic pretty past with a kanger protank. it was an 11 watt tube and one of the highest watt mods out there. Back then 30 was considered high. It wasn't enough so i moved onto mechs and RDAs to get what i wanted/needed to stay off dip. but back then we weren't going anywhere near the amperage. hell i could have used efect batts lol my normal builds were quad coils using 32 guage kanthal around .5 ohms which is around 35 watts and only 8.4 amps on the battery. the idea of a .1 ohm build back then was considered crazy where nowadays it's pretty normal.
The big difference now is that we have regulated mods that can do anything a mech can do and more. now we have 200 300 350 watt mods that can fire down to .05 ohms. we have temp control, we have protections its safe and easy. and we have sub ohm tanks. now anyone can get the sub ohm experience cheap, easy, and safely.
I have no issues with people using mechs. They are fun, they look nice, they are durable, and easily repairable. The issue i have is people who just quit smoking or don't even smoke who want to jump into mechs and cloud chase and do .05 ohm builds on an efest battery. this doesn't apply to OP. he's done his research and there is no reason to berate him for wanting to use a mech. Not only did he do research but he came here to double check. IDK what more people could want from him.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally like the fact I can take my mech out with me fishing and if it gets wet I can take it apart let it dry in the sun pop a new battery in it and everything is fine..as I tend to be hard on things and spend alot of time outdoors, this simplicity gives me peace of mind..

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds to me like you're more than ready. You've educated yourself on all the safety aspects and that's really the important part here. Will you enjoy it as much as regulated? No one can decide that but you. I personally prefer regulated, but I've tried some really nice mechs that give a great vape.

I think a lot of people here are missing the entire point in the mech vs regulated debate.
1) VAPING IS SUBJECTIVE. You don't have to like what the other guy likes to enjoy what you use.
2) mechs can essentially last forever. Easier to fix if something goes wrong and you know what you're doing. I'm glad we have some mechs around in the case of a vape apocalypse, if the boards die on my regulated mods I still have something that can be fixed and used with parts that will never be banned.
3) the question wasn't how you feel about mechs. All the OP asked was if they were ready to use a mech. Not whether you like them or don't or why. Just "am I ready?"

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Khalid90 I agree that you are ready to try using a mech. You have the knowledge and the respect of the device to use it properly. I would suggest that your first build be a little higher as you are getting used to it. A 0.4 build will be giving you about 40 watts and only drawing 10 amps from your battery. Get your confidence built up with that then work your way down to the 0.25 you are looking at.

I use mechs everyday and when I travel for work I only bring my mech squonkers with me. Enjoy and let us know how it goes!

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was in the same position as you (OP) not too long ago. I’d been vaping for a while but only building coils for a few months, and I figured I was proficient and knowledgeable enough to build for a mech.

I did the same as you- started a thread, asked for advice, went with it and picked up a few. But I expected, as many do, that mechs would be the end all in cloud blowing and flavor and overall experience and all of the above. It turns out I was mistaken.

Tube mechs are most definitely paled by the wide array of regulated mods available nowadays, especially considering the price/performance ratio, their relatively consistent performance and (of course) innumerable safety features. I also learned very, very quickly that building on a mech is horridly dissimilar to building on a regulated device. I can cram as much fancy alien-twisted-framed-stapled-fused-clapton-tigernaut steel as can possibly fit in R-whatever-A, throw it on my Maxo and crank up the wattage. Clouds? Pfft. But on a mechanical mod, especially a tube, building is a form of art.

Realizing the stress you can potentially put your battery through, understanding voltage drop, wrapping your mind around the limited spectrum you’re realistically allowed without exceeding the continuous amperage limitations of your battery/posing potential risk to yourself, and the accuracy required with fixed (and continuously diminishing) voltage… It can be taxing. It will require a lot on your part, and it is often more work than it’s worth, but the moment you find that sweet, blissful balance of all that you’ve worked for… Indescribable. I use my tubes exclusively when I’m at home, and when I don’t have any bullshit to distract me from their potential risks. The best advice I’ve ever received in regards to mechs is to treat them like a loaded gun. I can only hope this advice would affect you the same way.

You sound like you’ve done your homework. Do us all a favor- listen to r055co, check your battery often, clean your contacts/mod diligently and continue to study up on the rights and wrongs of a simple circuit. I wish I knew what I knew now back when I started using mechs, but I wouldn’t have known what I didn’t know without using them. In the meantime, if it’s not worth the risk, don’t do it. If you work at it, you’ll get it. If you work hard, you’ll get it quicker.

And, if I may, don’t rush into the hybrid craze right off the bat. If you must, get an X1. They come with a hybrid connection and a 510 adapter. Solid mod, cheap, hits smooth as can be with the adapter and aggressively in hybrid mode. Or, if you fancy a bit of added protection, check out the Broadside. Delrin insulated tube? Yes, please. I’ve ran through eleven tube mods thus far and the Broadside still ranks numero uno. Sometimes I swear she and my Shorty hit harder than my hybrids.

Best of luck, happy building, and please, be safe. The “check your RDA on a regulated device before you stick it directly on your mech and go to town” advice from r055co saved my face a few times early on. Many thanks for that r055co.

bb6tuner

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would say that you are ready. VTC5A's are my favorite batteries and I have pushed many very hard.

When I first started vaping, I always wanted a mech because they are, for the most part, simple. There's beauty in simplicity.

I was always holding back because of the warnings and the fear towards them. Once I made the jump, I never went back. I use my tubes exclusively.

As far as a hybrid mod, go for it! Just be sure that whatever atty you are going to use on it, has a protruding 510, that cannot be pushed inwards anymore.
And also, don't do what I did and buy a ton of cheap tubes thinking that they will be the same as the good stuff. Buy once, cry once.

And lastly, great job on learning up on Ohm's Law!
I personally like 24 ga Anarchist wire. For a nice warm vape, I do a double coil, 7 wraps around 3mm. Once it's heated up and strummed, comes out to about .23-.24

Lately the same thing but 6 wraps has been very warm and very cloudy. ~.21 ohms, I love it.

(And yes, I know I'm reaching the continuous amp limit of The VTC5A, but this is my choice and I know the dangers that can happen in case of a battery malfunction, and that I only have myself to blame, yadda yadda.)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
1. yes you are
2. ignore the haters

enjoy your day

Best response so far ;)

As far as my gauge you've done the research ...if you wanna try it ...try it ....people provide opinions in swathes ... not gonna form your own until you do

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ignore those babies with thier mechanical fears...

Do you have a Quality Volt ohm meter?
Do you have a 510 ohm meter?

If you use a mod to meter coil that qualifies as a NO. You are not ready for a mech.....

Can you build and get a good vape at the voltage a battery puts out and watts the coil puts out? Ie. starting at 4.2 and dropping down to 3.5 over the charge duration. In a mech the coil generates wattage... not the mod.

IMO...if you are asking for permission you are not ready to vape. Mechanical or not.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You've received quite a bit of insight. Along with arguments for and against. I'm sure you've made up your mind already, but I figured as someone who uses almost exclusively mechanical mods, I'd chime in.

While I have two 200 watt regulated boxes, I don't use them very often at all. Yes, there is less maintenance. Yes, you can keep the same coils and dial in on what you're feeling at the time. Yes, they are generally safer than a mechanical mod.

But for me, I like the cleaning and polishing. I like building new coils to fit how I want to vape at the time. I like that you don't have to worry about wiring coming lose or a chip frying. I like the maintenance, I do..

The only advice I'll offer as a user of mechs is this: Hybrids aren't all they are cracked up to be. Adjustable 510 mechanical mods can hit just as hard. And you have the added benefit of being able to run whatever you want on top of it.

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
Mechs are great. I like hybrids for the simplicity. A regulated mod is like a nice sports car, a hybrid mod is like strapping yourself to a rocket :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You've received quite a bit of insight. Along with arguments for and against. I'm sure you've made up your mind already, but I figured as someone who uses almost exclusively mechanical mods, I'd chime in.

While I have two 200 watt regulated boxes, I don't use them very often at all. Yes, there is less maintenance. Yes, you can keep the same coils and dial in on what you're feeling at the time. Yes, they are generally safer than a mechanical mod.

But for me, I like the cleaning and polishing. I like building new coils to fit how I want to vape at the time. I like that you don't have to worry about wiring coming lose or a chip frying. I like the maintenance, I do..

The only advice I'll offer as a user of mechs is this: Hybrids aren't all they are cracked up to be. Adjustable 510 mechanical mods can hit just as hard. And you have the added benefit of being able to run whatever you want on top of it.
What do you mean by 'hit's hard' this is not measurable .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
voltage drop?
maybe its a term that is annoying and has been for along time it is not measurable one cannot measure "it hits hard" it one said the voltage drop is X then it would make sense it confuses people and makes new Mech users think a certain mod "Hits hard"

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
maybe its a term that is annoying and has been for along time it is not measurable one cannot measure "it hits hard" it one said the voltage drop is X then it would make sense it confuses people and makes new Mech users think a certain mod "Hits hard"
It's funny cause I agree. I had this discussion not to long ago with a few friends. I felt it Made no sense in regulated mods cause 100 watts is 10p watts but felt there was a degree of truth in it with mechs cause voltage drop. If one mech only lost .05 volts compared to one losing .5 volts it would make sense to say the .05 volt one hits harder. That's why we went from ss contacts to copper, silver, and gold contacts. To limit voltage drop and hit harder

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean by 'hit's hard' this is not measurable .
Actually hitting hard is how responsive it is. The hype around direct battery over a pin, meh. I've got some very good mods with 510 piss. Example is both my VCP and Satan kicks the shit out of the Noisy Cricket.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Actually hitting hard is how responsive it is. The hype around direct battery over a pin, meh. I've got some very good mods with 510 piss. Example is both my VCP and Satan kicks the shit out of the Noisy Cricket.

A wismec product with a bad 510 pin? What a shocker lmao

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive had no mech or atty combo that's sent more than maybe 3.8v to the coils...Im still confused how people think they are getting 4.2v but we can all have wishful thinking I suppose.

I own a Copper SMPL (hybrid) An AV copper Manhattan Clone and a Copper Nemesis clone that is ALL100 percent copper (the rice pin and battery connections ) and also have a hybrid copper adapter for it..3.89v is the most ive ever seen in any mech mod going to an atty and that's 100 percent copper everything...maybe silver would be better but good luck affording an all silver mech mod and atty.

Hybrids limit you to specific Attys/RDA's and your choices are limited for a safe vape on a hybrid...I have one RDA and one RTA I can use on my hybrids and wouldn't dare try my other 20 or so I have...Those go on the Manhatten or nemesis when not set up for hybrid.

I use my mechs less and less often as im not finding it superior in any way to a regulated except reliability..My mechs have saved me when my only regulated took a shit on me and I didn't need to resort back to the smelly sticks till I got a new mod..Now im buying mods like crazy and should never have that problem again but its always in the back of my mind that If i make one mistake I miss, possible injury or injury to people around me is very possible... I don't really use them unless im forced to.

It is a different power delivery and a slight different experience but its not one I feel is so great that its worth the risk..People make mistakes no matter how careful or sure we are so, to me its a possible injury waiting to happen WHEN you make that mistake, not IF...Even with proper batteries you can still have a short due to a mistake and that's all it takes to cause possible injury...Even a high ohm build can short..So its not only "the battery and don't build too low" that can be a problem.

It appears like you've done some home work and compared to many others ive seen on here asking about them, youre a blessing to work with should you do decide to use a mech.

Just my 2 cents and if you do decide to use it I hope you the best of safety and precaution so you don't have a bad experience.

VU Sponsors