Become a Patron!

Any press is bad press for vaping

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea they said it was his ecig that blew up with enough force to break his neck and destroy his mouth...yet no shrapnel to recover and theres no burns. The only damage to his setup was his glass on his tank was busted...
There would be burns on him, the mech is still completely intact and the concussive force even with a lipo and a 2 m80's inside his mouth wouldn't be enough to break his neck although his jaw would be hanging instead, with crazy burns everywhere....
Its not a real vape tragedy, just a guy that got his ass beat and didnt want anyone to find out and blamed his vape or the story was a paid statement, although its holes are the size of Texas.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"This is an unregulated industry, that is causing tremendous harm across the country," Bentley added.

Only thing that was unregulated was the devices that people were using. When a customer walks in and wants to buy a device, these shops and retailers nation wide need to educate each and every vaper proper use and operation of the device.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good point. There is already a thread for this. Didn't know this section existed

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Remember the two golden rules of today's news media.

1. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
2. If there is no fight to report on, start the fight and then report on it.

Also, if the Muslim squatters in the White House vaped, none of this would see the light of day.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These cases are happening and are being reported, whether some vapers choose to believe it or not. The manufacturers of inherently dangerous devices and those who sell them are the problem, not the media...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
These cases are happening and are being reported, whether some vapers choose to believe it or not. The manufacturers of inherently dangerous devices and those who sell them are the problem, not the media...
+1 However, you also have to blame the LOOSER of a mech mod, not doing her/his research (honestly, I can't recall having read a story, where the mod exploded on her). Especially having as many news reports about these incidents.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mech Mods aren't dangerous at all when used the right way. I use mechs all the time and havent blown a single tooth out. Not even one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
+1 However, you also have to blame the LOOSER of a mech mod, not doing her/his research (honestly, I can't recall having read a story, where the mod exploded on her). Especially having as many news reports about these incidents.

It's a consumer product. One should be able to use an e-cigarette without research. Buy a kit in a gas station, tobacco store or B&M and use it. That's how vaping was conceived and how it should be. It's why BLU made and still makes $millions...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mech Mods aren't dangerous at all when used the right way. I use mechs all the time and havent blown a single tooth out. Not even one!

Hybrid 'clones' are dangerous, especially when paired with incorrect attys and laptop re-wraps. They are sold as starter kits at B&Ms. In this respect they are dangerous...

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you really want the federal government to regulate devices? The average mod will weigh five pounds, cost $3000.00, and have a airbag.

You can't make lithium batteries idiot proof. Even if you tried, there is always a better idiot. Here's a idea that has been all but forgotten in today's litigious society.... "Personal Responsibility"

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hybrid 'clones' are dangerous, especially when paired with incorrect attys and laptop re-wraps...
Even hybrids aren't dangerous when used properly. All of this could be avoided if the user would use some personal responsibility. If you're going from a cigalike to a mech there is a problem.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you really want the federal government to regulate devices? The average mod will weigh five pounds, cost $3000.00, and have a airbag.

You can't make lithium batteries idiot proof. Even if you tried, there is always a better idiot. Here's a idea that has been all but forgotten in today's litigious society.... "Personal Responsibility"

I think something like a ProVari 2.5 would be meet federal safety standards; even a PV-1...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even hybrids aren't dangerous when used properly. All of this could be avoided if the user would use some personal responsibility. If you're going from a cigalike to a mech there is a problem.

Most consumer products are made to be relatively safe for use without special instruction or research...

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most consumer products are made to be relatively safe for use without special instruction or research...
So if I go to Wal Mart and buy a gun without having any prior experience with guns and wind up shooting myself by accident who is to blame?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a consumer product. One should be able to use an e-cigarette without research. Buy a kit in a gas station, tobacco store or B&M and use it. That's how vaping was conceived and how it should be. It's why BLU made and still makes $millions...
Hybrid 'clones' are dangerous, especially when paired with incorrect attys and laptop re-wraps. They are sold as starter kits at B&Ms. In this respect they are dangerous...
That's where it's the sellers responsibility to educate the user!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So if I go to Wal Mart and buy a gun without having any prior experience with guns and wind up shooting myself by accident who is to blame?

The average person knows using a gun incorrectly can result in injury or death; not so much for electronic cigarettes...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those shops have no business being shops.

They are everywhere. A lady at work went to a B&M looking for a replacement for her broken eGo and was pressured to buy a mech and RDA kit because that's what they told her she needed. She left and bought an NJOY kit at Walgreens to hold her over until the eGo she ordered online arrived... This was at a chain B&M, sot just some shady one off shop...

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

That's like saying the manufacturer is responsible for the guy who buys a Ferrari and wraps it around a tree because he can't drive. Should we beat up on Ferrari, too?

There are hundreds of regulated devices that will prevent the stupid factor. But, people buy the "Ferrari", and then run it at its limit or higher, not bothering to take in any proper info.

Personal responsibility needs to be addressed. You do something stupid, it's on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are everywhere. A lady at work went to a B&M looking for a replacement for her broken eGo and was pressured to buy a mech and RDA kit because that's what they told her she needed. She left and bought an NJOY kit at Walgreens to hold her over until the eGo she ordered online arrived... This was at a chain B&M, sot just some shady one off shop...
Unfortunately there is a lot of bad shops popping up everywhere. It really makes me sick.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's like saying the manufacturer is responsible for the guy who buys a Ferrari and wraps it around a tree because he can't drive. Should we beat up on Ferrari, too?

There are hundreds of regulated devices that will prevent the stupid factor. But, people buy the "Ferrari", and then run it at its limit or higher, not bothering to take in any proper info.

Personal responsibility needs to be addressed. You do something stupid, it's on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One has to be licensed to drive, which involves passing tests...

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The guy making $8/hr at a B&M doesn't care, neither does the owner looking to make some quick money off of those looking to quit smoking or those who just want to blow clouds...
Guess my B&M is special then. The employees as well as the owner take the time and teach people about what they are buying. They will not let a mech leave the shop until the person understands it. They even go as far as handing out ohm's law pamphlets.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guess my B&M is special then. The employees as well as the owner take the time and teach people about what they are buying. They will not let a mech leave the shop until the person understands it. They even go as far as handing out ohm's law pamphlets.
There are probably a dozen or more bad B&Ms for every one of yours...

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Be careful what you ask for. You might get it.
Remember one of the greatest lies in the world is "Hi. I'm from the federal government and I'm here to help."

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If they weren't made with all those safeties and annoying warnings, and pictures for those that (still) can't read, the company could be sued for millions. "Only in America" Any other country on earth would dismiss a case, when the LOOSER is to blame for not using a device properly.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Be careful what you ask for. You might get it.
Remember one of the greatest lies in the world is "Hi. I'm from the federal government and I'm here to help."

I had hoped the industry would have realized for vaping to become mainstream and accepted they would deliver products as safe as the average electronic consumer product. Seems this is not the case...

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had hoped the industry would have realized for vaping to become mainstream and accepted they would deliver products as safe as the average electronic consumer product. Seems this is not the case...
Look at the small aircraft industry for your answer.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That just sounds like all the other guys, blaming anyone else than yourself, when anything goes wrong in your life. FREEDOM OF CHOICE! I don't need anyone controlling my life, I make my own decisions! Therefore, I don't blame anyone for my own mistakes.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If they weren't made with all those safeties and annoying warnings, and pictures for those that (still) can't read, the company could be sued for millions. "Only in America" Any other country on earth would dismiss a case, when the LOOSER is to blame for not using a device properly.

You don't really think the US is the only country with litigation involving malfunctioning or potentially dangerous electronic products, do you?

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That just sounds like all the other guys, blaming anyone else than yourself, when anything goes wrong in your life. FREEDOM OF CHOICE! I don't need anyone controlling my life, I make my own decisions! Therefore, I don't blame anyone for my own mistakes.
Some want to live in the Nanny State and some still believe in the freedom of choice.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

We live in societies where manufacturers and sellers of products take on certain responsibilities...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You don't really think the US is the only country with litigation involving malfunctioning or potentially dangerous electronic products, do you?
No, but they make a difference between LOOSER error, and a actually malfunctioning electronic device.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what about the Internet, everybody keeps mentioning local shops but I'm going to say fastech and such online clone retailers are more to blame than B&M's......

I'm calling bullshit on this whole story, I would love to know what blew his face up and broke his neck, all I see is an intact mod with the tanks glass missing.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
We live in societies where manufacturers and sellers of products take on certain responsibilities...
The pronunciation is on certain responsibilities, but not all! You can't blame a manufacturer of a device for the stupidity of the LOOSER!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, but they make a difference between LOOSER error, and a actually malfunctioning electronic device.

So someone who knows nothing about vaping, goes into a B&M and is sold a hybrid 'clone' with a Subtank and laptop re-wrap, which subsequently explodes in their face, it is their fault and they are a loser? Wow...

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So someone who knows nothing about vaping, goes into a B&M and is sold a hybrid 'clone' with a Subtank and laptop re-wrap, which subsequently explodes in their face, it is their fault and they are a loser? Wow...
We could go round and round. The fact is, in life you can't rely on anyone other than yourself to keep you safe. Personal responsibility. If I am not an expert at sawing trees then buying a saw is a bad idea. (Could be said about anything)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you buy any TV, that a clerk at ..... is suggesting, you should buy? Hell, no! You do your research! At least when you're smart enough!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you buy any TV, that a clerk at ..... is suggesting, you should buy? Hell, no! You do your research!

I have bought stereo equipment on recommendation from the seller at audio stores... My Punch amps from 1992 still work...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nobody seems to catch on the ape wasnt the real issue with the report...its a scapegoat for blame...
Other stories, most are about people with tanks on hybrids or other "user" errors..

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We could go round and round. The fact is, in life you can't rely on anyone other than yourself to keep you safe. Personal responsibility. If I am not an expert at sawing trees then buying a saw is a bad idea. (Could be said about anything)

That's quite a bit different than an electronic cigarette... I do expect my iPhones not to explode, however, even though some have for some. Who is to blame for those cases?

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When your buying a tv your spending a lot more loot people tend to research more when dropping cash, reason why I think not to much thought goes into a 10 dollar clone a 5 dollar tank and a cheap battery and charger.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's quite a bit different than an electronic cigarette... I do expect my iPhones not to explode, however, even though some have for some. Who is to blame for those cases?
If an iPhone explodes from the user mishandling the device then the user. If the iPhone explodes for no reason, the manufacturers fault. However, these devices aren't just blowing up. They are being used improperly, and are causing a hard short. That is 100% user error.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
15 people die every year form a household appliance that almost everyone has in their kitchen,the Toaster....1000 people injure them self with another popular appliance,the Blender....

VU Sponsors