Become a Patron!

Any press is bad press for vaping

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
15 people die every year form a household appliance that almost everyone has in their kitchen,the Toaster....1000 people injure them self with another popular appliance,the Blender....
Amen. Toothpicks are deadly too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
15 people die every year form a household appliance that almost everyone has in their kitchen,the Toaster....1000 people injure them self with another popular appliance,the Blender....

How many would die if there were no basic basic safety standards or regulations?

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How many would die if there were no basic basic safety standards or regulations?
I don't think you understand. If you misuse a toaster it can be dangerous. The danger is there from the user. These devices that blew up aren't just blowing up randomly. There is a reason it is happening. Improper use of a device that they had no business using.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If an iPhone explodes from the user mishandling the device then the user. If the iPhone explodes for no reason, the manufacturers fault. However, these devices aren't just blowing up. They are being used improperly, and are causing a hard short. That is 100% user error.

Bending an iPhone or putting too much pressure on the case used to be the cause of the failure. I see many, many people carrying their iPhones in their back pockets. So did Apple, which is why they have re engineered certain aspects of the board and battery to prevent this failure. What has Big Vapor done to prevent mods from exploding?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think you understand. If you misuse a toaster it can be dangerous. The danger is there from the user. These devices that blew up aren't just blowing up randomly. There is a reason it is happening. Improper use of a device that they had no business using.

Most people know not to stick their hand in a toaster; most novice vapers don't know they can't just fill, charge and vape...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So someone who knows nothing about vaping, goes into a B&M and is sold a hybrid 'clone' with a Subtank and laptop re-wrap, which subsequently explodes in their face, it is their fault and they are a loser? Wow...
Wow... You sound like those anti vaping guys, that agrees to total government control of our devices, and juices, that we will be allowed to use. Whose side are you really on?

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most people know not to stick their hand in a toaster; most novice vapers don't know they can't just fill, charge and vape...
Not knowing something is the exact reason personal responsibility needs to be taking place. If I don't know something I don't just dive in. That can get you killed. We live in a protective bubble sometimes. No one is going to watch out for your person the way you are. If you want to contest that Vape products need to be regulated and there needs to be a 100% safe Vape I think you might want to go see if RJ Reynolds has a board.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tell that to the 12 who did not know You can't put a fork into a plugged in toaster....
Again, that's just common sense. Not knowing one can not just use an electronic cigarette kit they were sold at a B&M isn't...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow... You sound like those anti vaping guys, that agrees to total government control of our devices, and juices, that we will be allowed to use. Whose side are you really on?
I want vaping to be mainstream, not fringe, as it is now. Mods exploding weekly isn't helping...

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not knowing something is the exact reason personal responsibility needs to be taking place. If I don't know something I don't just dive in. That can get you killed. We live in a protective bubble sometimes. No one is going to watch out for your person the way you are. If you want to contest that Vape products need to be regulated and there needs to be a 100% safe Vape I think you might want to go see if RJ Reynolds has a board.

I bought the first BLU kit not knowing anything about vaping. No problems, as it was not inherently dangerous and had a warning to only use the provided charger...

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought the first BLU kit not knowing anything about vaping. No problems, as it was not inherently dangerous and had a warning to only use the provided charger...
Blu is owned by Big Tobacco. The devices that these people improperly used all have warnings. Go look any device up and it has warnings.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Blu is owned by Big Tobacco. The devices that these people improperly used all have warnings. Go look any device up and it has warnings.

Not when I was using them... All 'clones' and fake batteries come with warning labels?

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No warnings about the nicotine?

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nobody seems to catch on the ape wasnt the real issue with the report...its a scapegoat for blame...
Other stories, most are about people with tanks on hybrids or other "user" errors..
User error and personal responsibility doesn't sell papers. But panic, half truths, and lies about a product with a mind of its own that might burn your face off any second gets peoples attention.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
User error and personal responsibility doesn't sell papers. But panic, half truths, and lies about a product with a mind of its own that might burn your face off any second gets peoples attention.
Exactly. Fear mongering.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Electronic cigarettes are a relatively new, non regulated and trendy product. Of course there will be media coverage...

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because I don't agree with you? That's mature, but expected...
No not because you don't agree with me. But because what you're saying is ridiculous.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Probably?.....In the wrong hands YES!
I'm sure there was a warning about nicotine concerning children and pets, but I don't have any original cartridge packs to check...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No not because you don't agree with me. But because what you're saying is ridiculous.

To you and the others who seem to think vaping should be a special exception concerning safety and regulations, perhaps... This is why vaping and vapers aren't taken seriously and relegated as alternative or fringe...

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To you and the others who seem to think vaping should be a special exception concerning safety and regulations, perhaps...
8k per year. Someone better show this post to Big Toothpick.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8k per year. Someone better show this post to Big Toothpick.

Stuffing toothpicks in one's mouth goes against their intended use. It would be akin to swallowing a toothbrush. Putting a battery and tank on an electronic cigarette doesn't...

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Stuffing toothpicks in one's mouth goes against their intended use. Putting a battery and tank on an electronic cigarette doesn't...
A Toothpick is for teeth.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Electronic cigarettes are a relatively new, non regulated and trendy product. Of course there will be media coverage...
And then there are ignorant people, that give the government the control for everything, 'cause they don't know better, due to have been brain washed by a Czech government's educational program, intolerant and ignorant, of having their own opinion, and the freedom of choice, which is given to us, by this country.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And then there are ignorant people, that give the government the control for everything, 'cause they don't know better, due to have been brain washed by a Czech government's educational program, intolerant and ignorant, of having their own opinion, and the freedom of choice, which is given to us, by this country.
Not sure what the Czech Republic has to do with anything. They are a free country, with far, far fewer regulations and government intrusions than the US...

Funny how you would speak of intolerance, yet can not tolerate differences of opinion...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure what the Czech Republic has to do with anything. They are a free country, with far, far fewer regulations and government intrusions than the US...

Funny how you would speak of intolerance, yet can not tolerate differences of opinion...
So then, what does your home country say about vaping?

I can edit my reply too!
Playing the race card now?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So then, what does your home country say about vaping then?

Not enough is known and there should be regulations. The 'deeming' should pass sometime next spring, perhaps...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not enough is known and there should be regulations. The 'deeming' should pass sometime next spring, perhaps...
I wonder, what you will do, once your device(s) don't work anymore, and you ran out of your e-liquid(s). Blame the government?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wonder, what you will do, once your device(s) don't work anymore, and you ran out of your e-liquid(s). Blame the government?

The odds of a dozen ProVari and a PV-1 failing are astronomical, but should they all fail, I would buy another, as well as order more e-liquid, should I ever run out...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The odds of a dozen ProVari and a PV-1 failing are astronomical, but should they all fail, I would buy another, as well as order more e-liquid, should I ever run out...
And what do you dream at night? Have you read, and understood the proposed regulations by the FDA? You can kiss your ProVari and your e-liquid goodbye!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And what do you dream at night? Have you read, and understood the proposed regulations by the FDA? You can kiss your ProVari and your e-liquid goodbye!

Yes. I have read them. I am quite sure ProVape and my main e-liquid vendor will not only survive, but thrive... I don't believe the fear mongering sponsored by vendors, vape forums or 'advocacy' organizations...

VU Sponsors