Become a Patron!

Any press is bad press for vaping

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes. I have read them. I am quite sure ProVape and my main e-liquid vendor will not only survive, but thrive... I don't believe the fear mongering sponsored by vendors, vape forums or 'advocacy' organizations...
Yeah, during Prohibition, quite some people made their fortune! I hope, you understand, what Prohibition was all about!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, during Prohibition, quite some people made their fortune!

Electronic cigarettes certainly won't be outlawed. I know that's what forums who make money on vendors, who make money on scared vapers would have some believe, however, or 'advocacy' groups looking for donations...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Electronic cigarettes certainly won't be outlawed. I know that's what forums who make money on vendors, who make money on scared vapers would have some believe, however, or 'advocacy' groups looking for donations...
iacta alea est,' inquit! (Hint, that's Latin)

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Better, Inacta alea esto...
Correction, "...Inacta alea esto..." It's "Iacta alea esto". Depending, on what part of historical translation, you're looking at, it can also be "Alea iacta est". That's the problem about a dead language. I'd like to write and speak the language of the old Egypts. However, those languages are lost in history, and we can only make assumptions, about their true meaning. Sad, but true!

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank You,I edited it when I noticed,but You are right....I'm not that good at typing/spell check showed all three words were wrong!...

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One has to be licensed to drive, which involves passing tests...

And you have to be 18 to buy a vape, which entails you should be smart enough to research what you're buying.

Simply being licensed to drive does not qualify you to drive a high performance car, at ALL, yet you can do exactly that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bending an iPhone or putting too much pressure on the case used to be the cause of the failure. I see many, many people carrying their iPhones in their back pockets. So did Apple, which is why they have re engineered certain aspects of the board and battery to prevent this failure. What has Big Vapor done to prevent mods from exploding?

They didn't re engineer the battery pack. It's still a lipo, which means it's still susceptible to failure. There have been several cases of Android phones having battery failures. Laptops, too.

Do you know why you hardly see the coverage? Because it's not part of a bigger agenda.

Oh, btw, have you missed the absolute barrage of new regulated devices? You know, the ones that contain safety measures to prevent stupid? Looks like vapor companies are doing plenty, and you're just blind.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And you have to be 18 to buy a vape, which entails you should be smart enough to research what you're buying.

Simply being licensed to drive does not qualify you to drive a high performance car, at ALL, yet you can do exactly that.

The average person wouldn't need to research something like an electronic cigarette, unless they are inherently dangerous...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They didn't re engineer the battery pack. It's still a lipo, which means it's still susceptible to failure. There have been several cases of Android phones having battery failures. Laptops, too.

Do you know why you hardly see the coverage? Because it's not part of a bigger agenda.

Oh, btw, have you missed the absolute barrage of new regulated devices? You know, the ones that contain safety measures to prevent stupid? Looks like vapor companies are doing plenty, and you're just blind.

How the connections are placed and work is what they have improved..
I've read about plenty of safety related issues with cheap regulated mods, but apparently there is more profit in the mech 'clones', which is what B&Ms seem to be pushing. I wouldn't use any of the junk most on here vape with for potential safety reasons...

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The average person wouldn't need to research something like an electronic cigarette, unless they are inherently dangerous...

Really? Seriously? Any intelligent person researches any purchase out of the norm. It doesn't have to be dangerous to make an intelligent choice. How about "what do these devices do? Will it work for what I'm trying to do? HOW DO THEY WORK? "

RC cars aren't inherently dangerous, yet we research every one we buy. TV's aren't dangerous, yet we still look up info.

Cell phones are probably one of the most researched pieces of kit made today. Video game systems, tools, cars, houses.

Yep, I'm sure they're all going to kill me in my sleep. I better lock the toolbox or my torque wrench might get a little homicidal.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really? Seriously? Any intelligent person researches any purchase out of the norm. It doesn't have to be dangerous to make an intelligent choice. How about "what do these devices do? Will it work for what I'm trying to do? HOW DO THEY WORK? "

RC cars aren't inherently dangerous, yet we research every one we buy. TV's aren't dangerous, yet we still look up info.

Cell phones are probably one of the most researched pieces of kit made today. Video game systems, tools, cars, houses.

Yep, I'm sure they're all going to kill me in my sleep. I better lock the toolbox or my torque wrench might get a little homicidal.

New vapers have been going into B&Ms and being sold pipe bombs waiting to happen. They thought they were doing research by going to a B&M...
If vaping is ever to be taken seriously, one should be able to just buy a kit and vape, not worry about ending up in the hospital...

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How the connections are placed and work is what they have improved..
I've read about plenty of safety related issues with cheap regulated mods, but apparently there is more profit in the mech 'clones', which is what B&Ms seem to be pushing. I wouldn't use any of the junk most on here vape with for potential safety reasons...

I don't know what B&M you're going to, but I've been to a few hundred in my work travels, and only a few of them were pushing junk. Those shops tend to not last long, either.

There's only 1 company known to have issues with their regulated stuff, and they've been pretty much eaten alive in the process. The rest are all doing very well.

You brought up the Blu kit earlier. If I get time this weekend, I'll show you what that battery does if it hard shorts. Since it's essentially not regulated, it can, and all it takes is a bad cart build. But, you don't hear about them because they don't sell many, and it's BT. I've seen them fail.

Hint, your hand will not be well when it does.

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New vapers have been going into B&Ms and being sold pipe bombs waiting to happen. They thought they were doing research by going to a B&M...
If vaping is ever to be taken seriously, one should be able to just buy a kit and vape, not worry about ending up in the hospital...

Like I said, I don't know what B&Ms you're going to but the ones who push that tend to not be in business long. The rest will sell you a kit, usually an Ego based starter. If not, they set you up on a regulated mod with a tank and premade coils.

If my 70 year old aunt can walk into a vape shop in Chicago and come out happy, with the gear she needs, I'd say the industry is ok.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know what B&M you're going to, but I've been to a few hundred in my work travels, and only a few of them were pushing junk. Those shops tend to not last long, either.

There's only 1 company known to have issues with their regulated stuff, and they've been pretty much eaten alive in the process. The rest are all doing very well.

You brought up the Blu kit earlier. If I get time this weekend, I'll show you what that battery does if it hard shorts. Since it's essentially not regulated, it can, and all it takes is a bad cart build. But, you don't hear about them because they don't sell many, and it's BT. I've seen them fail.

Hint, your hand will not be well when it does.

ELeaf and Smok have had quite a few issues...
Apparently there are plenty of the bad shops...
I've never heard of a defective BLU carto being so bad it shorts and the battery blows up. The defective ones I had, and there were plenty, were just dry...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like I said, I don't know what B&Ms you're going to but the ones who push that tend to not be in business long. The rest will sell you a kit, usually an Ego based starter. If not, they set you up on a regulated mod with a tank and premade coils.

If my 70 year old aunt can walk into a vape shop in Chicago and come out happy, with the gear she needs, I'd say the industry is ok.

If the industry were ok, these explosions and injuries wouldn't be happing on a weekly basis....

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stop feeding him its pointless. You can't fix stupid. No use trying to talk to him.

VU Sponsors