Become a Patron!

Anyone actually vaping over 50 watts?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm currently vaping at the highest wattage I've ever hit, 80 watts on a .25 Crown. My kanger subtanks with .5 SS coils I run at no more than 35 watts. Go figure.
Never be afraid of vaping at higher watts..you can always turn it down if you don't like it
682f7bed845b415bb3ae8288b089e59a.jpg
I never figured I'd like vaping at 125w but I do! CloudBeast tanks seen here blow thick clouds and intense flavor at 120w+..vape isn't hot either, now that really doesn't figure! lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I vape at, depends on if I am on my work vape or my home vape. My work vape is an Atlantis .33 ohm @ 35W on a cuboid. I dunno what the pg/vg is, but it's 6mg; it's halo and they like to keep that shit secret, for some reason. My home vape is currently .45 ohm sextuple coil on TFV4 @ 80W, max VG. It's not convenient to carry around juice to refill at work (I work on an industrial assembly line), so I go with what I can vape at a low wattage and get me through the day. I vape what I enjoy most at home, 3mg with a nice warm and flavorful vape. That warm and flavorful vape sucks down about 8ml in an evening, though... As opposed to the 3ml I go through in a work day. It's a good thing that 120ml of my home vape costs less than the 30ml bottle of halo does.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
CloudBeast tanks seen here blow thick clouds and intense flavor at 120w+..vape isn't hot either, now that really doesn't figure! lol

The more coils and lower gauge causes you to use more wattage to heat up. It doesn't necessary equate to more heat that you feel.

Although the chamber size will also change the temp you feel using the same coil setup. Picture a small heater in a small room vs a larger room.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more coils and lower gauge causes you to use more wattage to heat up. It doesn't necessary equate to more heat that you feel.

Although the chamber size will also change the temp you feel using the same coil setup. Picture a small heater in a small room vs a larger room.
Makes sense..
The T8 .15 ohm coil I run in the CloudBeast is rated up to a whopping 260w..for me 125-150w vapes best..I did try 250w just for the heck of it but it was a hot vape..too hot for me... Incredible clouds though...thx for your post

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Makes sense..
The T8 .15 ohm coil I run in the CloudBeast is rated up to a whopping 260w..for me 125-150w vapes best..I did try 250w just for the heck of it but it was a hot vape..too hot for me... Incredible clouds though...thx for your post

No problem.

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I know lots of people that have a smok and they use the premade octuplet Clapton coils at 50-180 watts. The vape is amazing tasting at 150+ for that coil.. So that is more wire = more power needed to heat those coils up like others have said.
I am running an Aspire Atlantis at .3 ohms / 80 watts, and it's got a great kick to it.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bf0e99e88f719399509a3bc59d630332.jpg
Typical cloud I get at 100w
e717776c70d3ed7ac3a43615cf67ff8b.jpg
not much bigger at 125w...flavor is great..both with the CloudBeast T8 .15 ohm coil..

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This thread needs to have the title edited to 200 watts plus to bring it up to date. ;):)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread needs to have the title edited to 200 watts plus to bring it up to date. ;):)
Lol.. that's funny, I was thinking that myself.. But It does show alot of folks here vape above 50w, including me...

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol.. that's funny, I was thinking that myself.. But It does show alot of folks here vape above 50w, including me...
emoji4.png

I can remember when the thought of vaping at 50 watts sounded like pushing the envelope. I rarely vape below 65 watts myself. The build I have on my NC is hitting over 200 on a fresh set of batteries.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can remember when the thought of vaping at 50 watts sounded like pushing the envelope. I rarely vape below 65 watts myself. The build I have on my NC is hitting over 200 on a fresh set of batteries.
It's amazing how far vaping has advanced since then...I have a couple 200w mods and recently the 300w Koopor Primus...with these CloudBeast tanks I rarely vape below 125w..
I do have a couple RTA-2 tanks I vape on my Wismec Presa at around 65-75w...it's wonderful, lol

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are still a lot of MTLers vaping below 20W that can't fathom the possibility of vaping above 50W.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There are still a lot of MTLers vaping below 20W that can't fathom the possibility of vaping above 50W.
True that. I can remember when I felt that way. The irony is the OP of this thread (Scuba) probably hasn't vaped the south side of 50-75 watts in a long time. :D

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If using Vt75 50 watts other mods 75 - 90. Had dry hit at 120 still alittle gun shy.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a25a4393075b0a4eacd10b1ad69c2d3e.jpg

Also I pay attention to the recommended wattages stamped on the coils...in this case Smok says 120-180w best..it's perfect for me at 125w...just sayin :)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape the build in my Griffin at 75w and the build in my Lush at 95w. Amazing cloud and flavor production on both.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

VU Sponsors