Become a Patron!

Anyone elase having a problem with the Reuleaux RX200?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's true Jim 250 watts update...
ThAts really sad Jim BAD BATCH

Well, hell's bells.
Because of mine being sidelined, I haven't kept track of the news.
At over 80w per, it must be pulsing now, not sure I approve (and like most, I don't have 30A cells).

Oh well... the pissing contest arms race marches on. :(

Side note... it's a fairly early one (Nov?) but my 9 month old D2 just decided to screen fail as well.
"Bad week to give up sniiffin' glue." :(

I wanted to chime in my experience with this mod, really quick like. Stumbling on this site after dealing with the short issues while at work, I decided to side with advice from this forum and picked up 91% alcohol and compressed air.

Upon getting home I anxiously used both products and still nothing. Suffice it to say, I was convinced it was the mod malfunctioning and didn't bother changing attys until after I finished aforementioned methods. The atty I was using was 13 heavens and 9 hells, so I switched to my double vision and suddenly problems vanished.

So don't be retarded like me, if you have this issue make sure to try different attys, if that fails go tweaker on it.

Hi all.

I've started getting "Atomizer Short" on my RX200S a few days back. First time I thought there was literally a short in my coil, exchanged for a brand new one - same error. Then I took out the batteries and reinserted them (a hard reset I guess) and that worked. I've been getting a few of them last days and each time I take out the top battery out, reinsert it and the problem goes away for a while.

I have a reuleaux rx200s and am having the same issue with my Griffin rta. Screwed on my derringer and it worked fine. I have not updated firmware yet. Turns out the connector on the griffin wasn't protruding far enough out. I can unscrew it half a turn or so and get it to work but it'll set back to original position over time. I've read on other forums the problem can happen when too much juice gets stuck in the 510 connectors but for me it was the atty itself. Is there anyway to lock the pin in place when I unscrew it?

Last edited:

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Adding my $0.02.

I've never had so many problems with a mod. Look, it's a brilliant design, and fun to vape. But given the sheer number of stories I've seen online and heard in shops about the original RX200, I can only surmise it's a downright inconsistently manufactured product.

I shouldn't have even bought mine in the first place. My IPV3Li does everything except vape and charge, and holds one less battery. Big freakin' deal. At least I only paid $35 for it.

But I have the infamous wobbly 510 straight out of the box, and have to use a large rubber gasket between the bottom of the tank and the top of the mod to get a tight fit. And now I'm having charge error problems. Tried to resolve by reinstalling the firmware... didn't work. So now it's REALLY useless to me... since I can't vape and charge.

I'm gonna sell it for peanuts to a friend who wants a vape but doesn't have much money to spend. I'll throw him three batts and a tank too... I've been shaking my head since day one on this thing...

I'm already missing my mech mods. Just did a firmware update and it worked without messing with it and it's giving me a different ohm number. We'll see how long that lasts. I miss the simplicity of mech mods. I wonder how and unregulated box mod performs.

Update: Lasted 5 min

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 4 Joyetech family mods and they all have this problem and the RX200S is the worst of the lot with the eLeaf TC200W close behind. I just pop out a battery and the thing works again. With all the complaints about this you think they would fix the issue but no they keep pumping out new mods with the same problems. I like the chips but I'm done with Joyetech.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have 4 Joyetech family mods and they all have this problem and the RX200S is the worst of the lot with the eLeaf TC200W close behind. I just pop out a battery and the thing works again. With all the complaints about this you think they would fix the issue but no they keep pumping out new mods with the same problems. I like the chips but I'm done with Joyetech.

What are the malfunctions?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It shows Atomizer Short for no reason. Sometimes in the middle of a hit. They all do it to varying degrees The Pico is the best and the RX200S is the worst.
The same atty that fits the Pico fine needs a spacer on the RX200S and the the eleaf 200W TC. The Evic mini needs a spacer but it works ok. The other two throw the atty short message randomly. There are lots of threads about this problem with Joyetech family mods.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
↑↑↑ What he said - same crap 510 same problems. That being said I have 2 VT133's in the mail. Buying now before the Pa tax kicks in. Got me 4 new mods.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
↑↑↑ What he said - same crap 510 same problems. That being said I have 2 VT133's in the mail. Buying now before the Pa tax kicks in. Got me 4 new mods.
To be honest though, I haven't had any issues with either one of my Reuleaux (DNA200 & RX200S).

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To be honest though, I haven't had any issues with either one of my Reuleaux (DNA200 & RX200S).
I'm glad to hear that not everyone has this problem. I love the Joyetech boards and think they do a good job on TC witch is what I vape. But if the atty has a long or protruding 510 center pin (think hybrid safe atty) I have to use a spacer or I randomly get the atty short message and the mod reads 0Ω. If I pop out a battery and put it back it reads fine and works fine. Kind of sucks but I still like the mods a lot, as long as there's a workaround (spacer) I'm good to go.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 rx200's. An original black one and a newer black and red model. The black one is my daily carry work mod. I work in construction and usually keep the mod in my back pocket.

Aside from severe paint wear on the black mod I have not had a single issue with either rx200 whatsoever.

That said, I did pick up a DNA Reuleaux a while back and now undoubtedly prefer the DNA 200 board. I don't even own a PC, have never modified the DNA programming whatsoever, and it is still a much better vape than the RX.

The biggest difference, to me, is the immediate ramp of of the DNA. From stone cold I hit the fire button and I'm immediately getting the vape I desire. On the RX, the first pull from stone cold is weak and anemic. Subsequent pulls are where I'd expect them to be. I've heard people say that increasing the wattage on the RX should compensate for that, but just doesn't get it where it needs to be imo.

Once I pick up a Triade the DNA Reuleaux will probably become my work mod and the RX's will be shelved as emergency backups or sold off.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 rx200's. An original black one and a newer black and red model. The black one is my daily carry work mod. I work in construction and usually keep the mod in my back pocket.

Aside from severe paint wear on the black mod I have not had a single issue with either rx200 whatsoever.

That said, I did pick up a DNA Reuleaux a while back and now undoubtedly prefer the DNA 200 board. I don't even own a PC, have never modified the DNA programming whatsoever, and it is still a much better vape than the RX.

The biggest difference, to me, is the immediate ramp of of the DNA. From stone cold I hit the fire button and I'm immediately getting the vape I desire. On the RX, the first pull from stone cold is weak and anemic. Subsequent pulls are where I'd expect them to be. I've heard people say that increasing the wattage on the RX should compensate for that, but just doesn't get it where it needs to be imo.

Once I pick up a Triade the DNA Reuleaux will probably become my work mod and the RX's will be shelved as emergency backups or sold off.
I suggest you get a PC before buying a triade...
It's a MUST bro...

VAPE ON

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A pc is in my future, most definitely. Even without it though the DNA just shines. Just gotta set the temp a little lower for my double twisted 24 ga titanium duals. Lol

I know exactly what you mean about the ramp up time. I notice it every time I let it cool off completely. My derringer seems to get hot instantly though. I have been saving for a DNA after encountering all these issues. However my Griffin atty has been working a full day after I re tightened the grub screws and bent the coils out a little bit and reset the pin. Anyone have any recommendations on a reliable DNA mod?

MambaMan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got the same "atomizer short" error on my brand new RX200S mod. Pulled out the batteries like andrej.marinic suggested, worked like a charm.
Hopefully it never comes back!

Queen Celly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine does the same thing! I'm definitely going to try out the battery thing. Also the ohm reading keeps changing randomly, usually when i switch it on. It started at .5 something and the decided it was really .66 or .77 and sometimes it goes up to 1.08. Someone told me anything over 1 was not good? I have no clue why it's happening. Maybe I fucked up with the coils? They are 26ga kanthal with 9 wraps.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine does the same thing! I'm definitely going to try out the battery thing. Also the ohm reading keeps changing randomly, usually when i switch it on. It started at .5 something and the decided it was really .66 or .77 and sometimes it goes up to 1.08. Someone told me anything over 1 was not good? I have no clue why it's happening. Maybe I fucked up with the coils? They are 26ga kanthal with 9 wraps.

How is it working for you now?

VU Sponsors