Become a Patron!

Anyone into RC cars, boats, planes, helis, quadcopters?

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most are class 2, and I have 1 class 3. But we don't run sorca rules. We keep it fun and just do "run what ya brung" and add time for gates, off course, and hand of God.

My super (bully based), 1.9 (Losi mini based), and 2.2 pro (berg based) rigs I competed under usrcca comp rules all over the country. Made the top 5 at East Coast Championship in 1.9, 4th in super, and top 20 in 2.2 pro as best finishes. All my trips to nat's\worlds I never drove well... Probably something about staying up all night partying with my friends from all over the world than turning in early like the top drivers did. But still getting the invites and being there put me in the top 100 drivers globally.

I miss competing, but as a father and homeowner now I just can't afford all the travel to compete at that level on my salary. At the height of my comp days I was the team captain for UGC, and team driver\product development tester for RCBros, Dlux, Brood, Ottsix, and BC Paints.

I have several build threads through out various sub forums on RCC. Berg, xr10, mini, super, ax10, and scx10. Same screen name as here

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most are class 2, and I have 1 class 3. But we don't run sorca rules. We keep it fun and just do "run what ya brung" and add time for gates, off course, and hand of God.

My super (bully based), 1.9 (Losi mini based), and 2.2 pro (berg based) rigs I competed under usrcca comp rules all over the country. Made the top 5 at East Coast Championship in 1.9, 4th in super, and top 20 in 2.2 pro as best finishes. All my trips to nat's\worlds I never drove well... Probably something about staying up all night partying with my friends from all over the world than turning in early like the top drivers did. But still getting the invites and being there put me in the top 100 drivers globally.

I miss competing, but as a father and homeowner now I just can't afford all the travel to compete at that level on my salary. At the height of my comp days I was the team captain for UGC, and team driver\product development tester for RCBros, Dlux, Brood, Ottsix, and BC Paints.

I have several build threads through out various sub forums on RCC. Berg, xr10, mini, super, ax10, and scx10. Same screen name as here
Nice...i wanted to give a comp a shot just nothing close enough to me to go to...one in PA fell short for me due to my job so, that didnt happen...Was curious to see how well i could do with what i had into the scx10..By manys standards i was told it would probably break on me for not having more expensive upgrades done to it or maybe not powerful enough with only using a 2s battery..Who knows hows it wouldve done but ,it will be nice to attend an event some day with a similar set up like i did.

They need a "stock" scx10 class...i know the scx falls under class 2 and you can run it stock but i mean one for near stock scx10s and make it more of a tuners class instead of a money class.

Its hard for some to think about competing when they think they have to sink alot of money into one to be competitive...I feel alot look at that and get scared away by it and just dont give it a shot.

My scx10 performance thread was to show lesser cost options to gain alot of performance with i suppose an old school point of view...i really wanted to test it in a comp before selling it but got bored with it and sold it to put the money into my mountain bike...Ill build another one the same way at some point..Right now my interest has shifted to quad copters.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got a stock telluride, anyone in here tell me what it can handle stock wise for a battery? I want longer run time so I can go on the trails with it

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My son flies quad copters, and is getting into helis. I'm a rock crawler/scale guy. My oldest daughter races short course trucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I got a stock telluride, anyone in here tell me what it can handle stock wise for a battery? I want longer run time so I can go on the trails with it

Battery power and battery life are different things. You can get a pretty good sized NiMh in the 5000+mah rating, which should give good runtime. I use those in my crawlers, since I don't trust lipo in water or falling off rock cliffs. I fully submerge and drop my rigs on trails.

If you're running lipo, same thing applies. Mah is the power capacity. The rest is current rate and voltage supplied.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Battery power and battery life are different things. You can get a pretty good sized NiMh in the 5000+mah rating, which should give good runtime. I use those in my crawlers, since I don't trust lipo in water or falling off rock cliffs. I fully submerge and drop my rigs on trails.

If you're running lipo, same thing applies. Mah is the power capacity. The rest is current rate and voltage supplied.

Ended up getting this the Traxxis 5000mah nimh from my friend for $30!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The quadcopter scene bit me pretty hard this last week..So, its time for another project.

I picked up a JJRC 1000A BNF (Bind N Fly) to use for parts to build a sweet little monster of a quad and a Tarantula X6 Tx to fly it with.

I have a custom PicnicQuads 120mm carbon fiber frame ordered with a balsa core for extreme light weight.

The Flight control board will be used from the jjrc 1000a ,which is a toy FCB but one with a very good pre programmed flight set up...Very stable and responsive with fast yaw and deep pitch..It puts out 3.5 amps at 3.7v from the MOSFETS, per motor and, ill be using Chaoli 8.5mm (The best you can get) brushed motors with some Hubsan x4 107D props.

This little quad is going to be insane.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1276e6389ed7193583217a8377243c7a.jpg

481994857c5be479d5a06cebf83fbf8c.jpg

Used to be years ago. Had a rustler, castle brushless and 3s lipo. I thought I was the shit. Even airbrushed it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My latest creation..I purchased a Hubsan X4 H107L and flew it a few times before breaking one of the arms off.

Decided to buy a PicnicQuads 100mm carbon/ birch X frame and some motor holders to create this little demon...Finished it up today...Turned out to weigh 5.6g less than the stock hubsan which is a considerable amount given its size.
1445542109064.jpg

Also picked up that JJRC1000A bnf quad and tarantula x6 radio to fly it with..The guts from that jjrc will be going in a much larger frame with larger motors.
20151019_122620.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thought id start of a pretty common hobby thread...If youve gottem post up.

RC has been my longest running hobby..I started back in 91 i believe and still play with these things today..Such a great stress reliever and a ton of fun.

At one point i had a total of 23 rc vehicles ranging from on road and off road in most every category...Started racing back in 94 i think , ive won many local track wins and won a state championship in both Nitro 1/8 Buggy and Nitro 1/10 Stadium truck.

Its been quite a few years since ive raced but i still have my 2 favorite rc vehicles i won the championships with..One is a 1/8 scale OFNA nitro buggy that is pretty much a hybrid and still own my Team Associated GT2...I did all my motor work to both vehicles and surprised alot of people with them being fairly stock compared to many super high dollar motors used.

A little note about the nitro buggy..I built this buggy on a bet..I was told you cant take a common back yard basher and make it compete with the high dollar kits from associated and losi and mugen etc...Well i won that bet...I have the build thread on the OFNA site which is one of the highest read articles on there..Its been quite a long time since ive been there but its there still...its a mix of an ofna MBX, LX, and a jammin buggy with alot of custom made parts as well..i love this buggy..lol..its truly a one of a kind performer.

Not long ago i got started in "beginner" helicopters and quad copters and love flying these little 4 channel monsters around.

My copter is the WL Toys V911 which is highly modified and my custom mini quad is all hybrid built using what was the best of all those little toys at the time to make one quad with.

Ive been recently checking out the scene again and cant believe how far these toys have come..not to mention the increase prices but still very affordable.

Ill get some pics up soon and would like to see what everyone else is playing with.

Feel free to discuss anything rc related here.
I did Nitro buggies and racing for awhile about 5-6 years ago after I blew up all my engines an spares I have kinda been on Hiatus. I want to get into Airplanes but i have a feeling I will smash into someones face.. :)

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoot, just ordered the Traxxis Slash 4x4 ultimate. Along with a Esc fan, anyone have suggestions for a good 3s lipo and charger that's not going to break the bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SMC lipos have great packs at cheapo pack prices. There are regular and race packs, race is a few bucks more and are worth it. Lower resistance, more punch.
If this is your 1st rc you might want to limit power in the esc for a few days and get used to it before you unleash 3s power... might save you some money in replacement parts :D

Driving in the street is a sure fire way to break things... car tires, curbs, light poles... many immovable objects that will rip sections of your truck off :eek:

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1
3s on that ride is pretty potent...
Don't buy any that are less than 30-40 c....
Also verify gearing is correct.

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoot, just ordered the Traxxis Slash 4x4 ultimate. Along with a Esc fan, anyone have suggestions for a good 3s lipo and charger that's not going to break the bank?

SMC lipos have great packs at cheapo pack prices. There are regular and race packs, race is a few bucks more and are worth it. Lower resistance, more punch.
If this is your 1st rc you might want to limit power in the esc for a few days and get used to it before you unleash 3s power... might save you some money in replacement parts :D

Driving in the street is a sure fire way to break things... car tires, curbs, light poles... many immovable objects that will rip sections of your truck off :eek:

+1
3s on that ride is pretty potent...
Don't buy any that are less than 30-40 c....
Also verify gearing is correct.

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro

+1
You won't be disappointed with the slash but keep it calm(-ish) to start out. SC trucks are more about off road and abuse than flat out speed. There's nothing g wrong with making them fast but you'll save in parts if you concentrate more on the low end.
Do yourself a favor and pick up a handful of spur gears in all 3 ratios or invest in a few aluminum spurs. I've had a couple slash/slayers/revos and the spurs tend to be the weak points. If you don't mesh them just right or forget a dab of lock-tire on a mount screw they'll strip out and piss you off to no end...
You'll also want to stay out of grass as much as possible with the slash.
It's a sure fire way to strip plastic spurs and even melt end bells off the motors.

Let me know if you ever get the itch to run nitro. I have a traxxas slayer that could use some love and a good home.;)
Cheers

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'll look into the SMCs.

I've been using my buddies slash and fell in love with it so I had to get my own, I've already been eyeing rpm parts for it.

I did notice the other night running my friends that it's like a kite in the wind and wants to take off, anyone have any suggestions on how to keep from flipping over? It catches under the body and lifts up.

I've been looking for metal spur gears already, I actually stripped out my buddies the other day.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't spend $$$ on hopups for it. Drive it, replace as needed, buy a Tekno truck (use traxxas electronics in tekno chassis) with the hopup money later on.

Cut vents out of the back of the body.

Check out info about your truck on rctech, tons of info there.

Last edited:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't spend $$$ on hopups for it. Drive it, replace as needed, buy a Tekno truck (use traxxas electronics in tekno chassis) with the hopup money later on.

Cut vents out of the back of the body.

Check out info about your truck on rctech, tons of info there.
Cool, appreciate the advice!

One last question what extra gears should I get? Teeth wise, I know I need 2 styles since I have the slipper and the center dif.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well got my slash.... Love it! But my friend took it out for a spin(he's been into RCs for years) and hit a metal railing and blew up the front diff housing and the bulk head. Luckily our local go to hobby shop had the casing in house along with the RPM bulkhead.

Next on the list is stiffer springs, can't stand the factory progressive ones, they don't rebound to well.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those immovable objects get ya every time lol.

If there's a track near you, check it out. You will have more fun and break a lot less parts. You don't have to be pro to drive there, people will be very welcoming and helpful. You might like those springs on the track to keep the truck locked down to the ground and less twitchy in the turns. Different oil weights will change the dampening too, so many things to adjust and make it drive like you want.

Congrats on the new rig!

Last edited:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those immovable objects get ya every time lol.

If there's a track near you, check it out. You will have more fun and break a lot less parts. You don't have to be pro to drive there, people will be very welcoming and helpful. You might like those springs on the track to keep the truck locked down to the ground and less twitchy in the turns. Different oil weights will change the dampening too, so many things to adjust and make it drive like you want.

Congrats on the new rig!
I was doing some research on various forums and seems to be a general consensus to swap the springs to the Losi Green ones and the 50w to 60w.

The only track we have is an outdoor one and with winter coming it'll be outta commission for a little while.

On a different note I might be picking up a Senton today from a friend.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool, appreciate the advice!

One last question what extra gears should I get? Teeth wise, I know I need 2 styles since I have the slipper and the center dif.

Sorry, didn't catch this. I don't drive that truck so I'm not sure on the gear ratios but rctech forum will have your answer. Find the slash thread and ask, you will get an answer very quick.

You want to get your gearing right for the 3s lipo power, if you are geared for 2s your motor could get too hot (over 180°) and drastically shorten the life of the motor.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was doing some research on various forums and seems to be a general consensus to swap the springs to the Losi Green ones and the 50w to 60w.

The only track we have is an outdoor one and with winter coming it'll be outta commission for a little while.

On a different note I might be picking up a Senton today from a friend.

Just a little friendly advice from someone that's raced for well over a decade, don't spend a ton of money on low end trucks. Learn with the slash and if you want to stay with it, pick up a new or used Tekno. The electronics, wheels, body from your slash will work in the tekno so the jump to a kit truck isn't that costly.

Durability of an1/8 buggy and the performance blows away any of the rtr trucks.

That truck really is a world of difference to the entry level trucks. You will break much much less and do much much... much much much less maintenance.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and if that track is still open... go drive for at least a day before they shut down for the winter. If you like driving your truck around the neighborhood, you will love the track!
Call and find out when open practice is.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a little friendly advice from someone that's raced for well over a decade, don't spend a ton of money on low end trucks. Learn with the slash and if you want to stay with it, pick up a new or used Tekno. The electronics, wheels, body from your slash will work in the tekno so the jump to a kit truck isn't that costly.

Durability of an1/8 buggy and the performance blows away any of the rtr trucks.

That truck really is a world of difference to the entry level trucks. You will break much much less and do much much... much much much less maintenance.
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it!

I was going to get it because my friend offered me it for $300! I figured after I play with the slash for a little while I'd get something better and save the slash for messing around the house.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG! Nooooo!

Tekno kit is $400 new. ~$200 used with hopups.

Take your time, drive the slash for now.
Maybe take the winter to build up your new tekno for the spring :)

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG! Nooooo!

Tekno kit is $400 new. ~$200 used with hopups.

Take your time, drive the slash for now.
Maybe take the winter to build up your new tekno for the spring :)
Lol I'll look into the Tekno, any particular kit I should look at?

Just charged the batteries and getting ready to go and mess around with them, I put dirt hawgs on it already since the factory tires just spun lol.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is only one tekno truck, sct410. Latest revision is the 410.3 but there's not a huge difference between the 410 and 410.3. Buying new your getting the .3, you can probably find a deal on a used original 410 kit... like under $200.

If you get to the track, take the stock tire set as well, hawgs probably won't be the best on a track... the stock set wont be best either but most likely better than hawgs.

And you don't need hopups with that truck, things built like a tank and rips up the track like a Ferrari

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I used to h ave an RC plane when I was a kid. I always ended up crashing it.

I have messed around w RC stuff since the eighties. Currently I only have a few
2 Axial Wraiths, one hardcore crawler, one more scale/rock racer style
Arrma buggy w brushless and lipo
TTo1 based street WRX build
TT02 based WRX rally car
M-05 classic Mini Cooper
m-05 modern Mini Cooper

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

Has that ever happened to anyone?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Slash 4x4 Ive had forever, I dropped almosr 3 Grand when I first saw it on the Slash and all the upgrades I wanted for it. Basically I bought a Aluminnum and a RPM pats for everything on the body and then any other upgrade available at the time for it...Now it sits as the ESC's of any form even 1:5 scale dont last more then a couple weekends before burning out...Its a shame as I LOVED this truck...
Pro-Line 09'Chevy Silverado Racing Body
Proline Tires, AT Tires, Tmaxx Wheels, Sand Tires and Beadlock Rims
HobbyWings 120A ESC and 1800Kv Motor with MIP 19/54 Gearing
Almost 70% RPM Parts
Integy Titanium Tie Rods
Integy and a Homemade Rollcage
Integy Motor Cover/Bulkheads/Body Holds/Posts/Heatsink w/Fan
Turtle Racing/MIP CVD/Drivline, Solid Diff and Billet Slipper Assembly
TS150 Digital Ball Bearing Servo
Full Ball Bearing and Forged Screw/Bolts Kit
Traxxas Tmaxx NiTrate Titanium Shocks.
Venom Racing 6400 MAh 3S Lipo (60C)
Other stuff are DIY parts like Beadlock savers and A-arm covers and front Valance and rear spoiler.
LED Kit with RC Button
Ill List anything Else I can think of in it....
081.jpg 084.jpg SANY0697.jpg Xv64228.jpg Side 1.jpg SANY0720.jpg 082.jpg

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love that black body! Mine is the ultimate so it already has a ton of aluminum parts in it. With a few rpm upgrades as well, hot racing 54t spur gear and hot racing cage. Running the mamba max Esc and Castle 1406 4600 kv motor with MIP cvd axles on the way and a castle 2200kv more coming from a E Revo!!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love that black body! Mine is the ultimate so it already has a ton of aluminum parts in it. With a few rpm upgrades as well, hot racing 54t spur gear and hot racing cage. Running the mamba max Esc and Castle 1406 4600 kv motor with MIP cvd axles on the way and a castle 2200kv more coming from a E Revo!!

Seeing this thread made me think of reinvesting in my slash tax time...new esc and motor, new lipos, new bearings, more spurs and Ill see what else ill need to get it up and moving again. I think Im going to buy a 1/8 ST ESC and Motor setup just fr some headroom for conditions and heat...the 4WD drive-train is very hard the electronics.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
More pics of it when I got bored of the Low and Race Setup, I went MT with it and Tried to make it more like the Stampede or Tmaxx
Ni24004.jpg Di10467.jpg Bd66110.jpg Wn86029.jpg Qj20055.jpg

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seeing this thread made me think of reinvesting in my slash tax time...new esc and motor, new lipos, new bearings, more spurs and Ill see what else ill need to get it up and moving again. I think Im going to buy a 1/8 ST ESC and Motor setup just fr some headroom for conditions and heat...the 4WD drive-train is very hard the electronics.
My current Esc can handle up to 6s and my motor that's coming will be a 1/8 scale one that can also handle 6s...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My current Esc can handle up to 6s and my motor that's coming will be a 1/8 scale one that can also handle 6s...

Nice, its the Weight of the Car that becomes an issue and the drivetrain setup causes alot of strain for the Slash 4x4, thats the Slashs downfall and why its a problem with them....I may scrap the Slash 4x4 and I was looking into the HPI Trophy Truggy....It would be nice as a backyard basher!
The last few ESCs in the Slash were for 1/8 and 1/5, the list so far is a CC Mamba, Xerun 120A and 150A and a Teshkin 120A with all matching motors...all the motors are fine its just the ESCs would burn up after a few sessions.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, its the Weight of the Car that becomes an issue and the drivetrain setup causes alot of strain for the Slash 4x4, thats the Slashs downfall and why its a problem with them....I may scrap the Slash 4x4 and I was looking into the HPI Trophy Truggy....It would be nice as a backyard basher!
The last few ESCs in the Slash were for 1/8 and 1/5, the list so far is a CC Mamba, Xerun 120A and 150A and a Teshkin 120A with all matching motors...all the motors are fine its just the ESCs would burn up after a few sessions.
Crazy, did you try to tune the mamba max at all? Then again my buddy has the same motor as me with his slash and he overheats all the time and mine stays cool

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Crazy, did you try to tune the mamba max at all? Then again my buddy has the same motor as me with his slash and he overheats all the time and mine stays cool

Yea the CC Mamba the Max and the Sidewinder kits all burned out...thats why I stopped buying things for the Slash 4x4. Im definitely looking into a 1/8 truggy this tax time as the new house I bought has 2 Acres of nice semi flat field with small natural hills. Anything you would recommend? I was looking into the Traxxas XMaxx and the HPI Trophy Truggy so far....I want 50mph+ out of the box, durability and customizability...

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any suggestions for a good esc for my castle 2400kv motor? The mamba max pro I haven't isn't waterproof and I want something that I can get wet.

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i was in to them in the early 90's my 13 yr old son just gained a interest so i went out and got him a grasshopper kit as a christmas gift (just to see if he will stick with it) and because its a kit and i want him to learn how to build and repair them (good skill)
i remember them being a basher and its cheap enough for him to learn how to drive it and hopefully not destroy it, so i figured if he likes it then we can move on to better more expensive kits

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My buddy gave my the Hobbywing EZrun WP-SC8 with the programming card for $50!!!

Hopefully it does the trick, now to sell my MMP/Castle 4600kv esc motor combo.

It should do just fine as long as your running it with 4S with the 2400Kv motor, with your 4600Kv be sure to run 2S, what are you installing it on? The EZrun/QuicRun series have pretty nice ESC/Motors and great for the money. I prefer the Xerun series because of the Amp and Strain limits give a bit more headroom but for bashing and all around performance I say you will have a good setup to fit the bill.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
this is awesome, I didn't think to look for a thread like this here.
I have soime syma x5's also but this is my facorite out of all of the quads.
also looking to get a new car after the holiday
temporary_zpsvz7u2jeu.jpg

temporary_zpsycicpg6k.jpg

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
this is awesome, I didn't think to look for a thread like this here.
I have soime syma x5's also but this is my facorite out of all of the quads.
also looking to get a new car after the holiday
temporary_zpsvz7u2jeu.jpg

temporary_zpsycicpg6k.jpg
I knew I'd find you here!

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It should do just fine as long as your running it with 4S with the 2400Kv motor, with your 4600Kv be sure to run 2S, what are you installing it on? The EZrun/QuicRun series have pretty nice ESC/Motors and great for the money. I prefer the Xerun series because of the Amp and Strain limits give a bit more headroom but for bashing and all around performance I say you will have a good setup to fit the bill.
So I shouldn't run 3s? I ideally wanted something I could run 2-4s on, any suggestions on one I'd be safe with?

VU Sponsors