Become a Patron!

Anyone ordered from Custom Mod Creations?

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone heard anything or got any new news about their orders???

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wrote to him with stating complaints about your service is reflecting on us. So I hope he chimes in here or answers me.
did you ever hear anything from him Smokie?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive never had to do that before, so how does that work and how do you go about it? if you don't mind my asking
Go to your credit card account online, and there should be a tab to file a dispute. You just fill out the form there. Be prepared with documentation (emails etc) showing you tried to resolve the issue - if it gets that far. If you can't access (or don't) your account online, you just call them and tell them you're disputing a charge.

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go to your credit card account online, and there should be a tab to file a dispute. You just fill out the form there. Be prepared with documentation (emails etc) showing you tried to resolve the issue - if it gets that far. If you can't access (or don't) your account online, you just call them and tell them you're disputing a charge.
ok thanks Amanda, and goodluck

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was so close to ordering the Kayfun V4 from this vendor this weekend but ended up going with another vendor. Glad I did after reading this.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wrote to him with stating complaints about your service is reflecting on us. So I hope he chimes in here or answers me.

Thanks Smokie - looking forward to seeing his response (and how quickly he replies back lol)

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was so close to ordering the Kayfun V4 from this vendor this weekend but ended up going with another vendor. Glad I did after reading this.
Be glad you didn't order from him, I ordered a Kayfun v4 on March 2 and cant even get anyone to answer my emails back, im to the point of believing he has no intension of making good on the orders.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I disputed the charge, and for the time being it's been credit back to me while they investigate. However this morning I notice there is a net10 airtime charge of $52 - which is not mine. Now I'm suspicious!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's frustrating that you guys are still having issues with this vendor.. I had issues LAST summer.. and it seems like things have only gotten worse..

dchest02

Member For 4 Years
Started my charge back yesterday, money is already there. Used my debit card as credit through my credit union. Had to provide them with my e-mails to him, but since I keep all e-mails from every vendor I order from until I have product in hand it wasn't a huge deal.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like some of you need to file fraud reports with your credit card or banks and have new cards issued. It's to much of a coincidence that 2 of you have had fraudulent charges on your cards now.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like some of you need to file fraud reports with your credit card or banks and have new cards issued. It's to much of a coincidence that 2 of you have had fraudulent charges on your cards now.

Yes, total pain in the butt. And I agree - this is a coincidence. I haven't had this happen in years!

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, total pain in the butt. And I agree - this is a coincidence. I haven't had this happen in years!
No doubt! This is the very first time ive ever had any fraudulent charges on any of my cards and ive had them for many years. Be careful folks watch your statements etc closely, they tied to hit mine for $2500.00! Its awfully hard to think its just coincidence that it happens in the same month that Custom Mod Creations seem to be stiffing people on their orders, especially now that there is two of us that ordered from them and had our cards hit.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No doubt! This is the very first time ive ever had any fraudulent charges on any of my cards and ive had them for many years. Be careful folks watch your statements etc closely, they tied to hit mine for $2500.00! Its awfully hard to think its just coincidence that it happens in the same month that Custom Mod Creations seem to be stiffing people on their orders, especially now that there is two of us that ordered from them and had our cards hit.

Yea sadly this is what usually happens.. they gain people's trust.. put out some decent products.. then the quality starts degrading slowly while they are making even more profit by reducing manufacturing costs.. then the communication starts to slowly stop.. then they totally cash out and rip everybody off

Not saying this is what's happening.. but I've seen this before with other 'reliable vendors' - so only time will tell what happens.. but if Smokie doesn't get a response soon - I would say thats not a good sign!

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone on here know what his real name is??????

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone on here know what his real name is??????
In my emails with him, it comes up as Artemus Sam when I click on his a1ecig email address. I feel like his name was on one of my receipts, I'm gonna look for it. I found one package from September 2014 with a return address of:

355 Avebury CT
Alpharetta, GA, 30022

The business name is the name listed.

I'm glad my card hasn't been hit. Will keep an extra eye on it, though my orders were a long time ago.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In my emails with him, it comes up as Artemus Sam when I click on his a1ecig email address. I feel like his name was on one of my receipts, I'm gonna look for it. I found one package from September 2014 with a return address of:

355 Avebury CT
Alpharetta, GA, 30022

The business name is the name listed.

I'm glad my card hasn't been hit. Will keep an extra eye on it, though my orders were a long time ago.
Was just going to reply with this info too. I successfully returned shipped my first package to that address and also had success communicating with that e-mail address ("Artemus Sam" <[email protected]>). I'm really sorry you guys are going through this.

My experience was...received crap goods that didn't work. Returned them. Received more crap goods (replacements) that didn't work, and returned those. He refused to refund my 2x return shipping costs but did refund my original order value. In a strange turn of events, the crap goods were returned to me by USPS because "He moved and left no address".

This is all very strange, and I feel for the folks that got ripped. :(

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Was just going to reply with this info too. I successfully returned shipped my first package to that address and also had success communicating with that e-mail address ("Artemus Sam" <[email protected]>). I'm really sorry you guys are going through this.

My experience was...received crap goods that didn't work. Returned them. Received more crap goods (replacements) that didn't work, and returned those. He refused to refund my 2x return shipping costs but did refund my original order value. In a strange turn of events, the crap goods were returned to me by USPS because "He moved and left no address".

Yeah, it sucks. I wish I hadn't bought so many kayfuns, but that's nothing to complain about compared to this. At least banks are on top of things, and release your funds immediately. Still, puts you in a crappy spot, and the potential credit card fraud is troublesome. Somebody would be a fool to try to steal my financial situation, not really much of one to steal, lol. I have no credit cards, just my debit, and there is rarely a large amount of money in it. I work mainly for tips (male stripper).

Good luck all, if this hasn't been resolved by Saturday, get back with Smokie, since he handles the giveaways. I'd be shocked if they didn't call him out on Mod Envy, what that will accomplish remains to be seen.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I disputed the charge, and for the time being it's been credit back to me while they investigate. However this morning I notice there is a net10 airtime charge of $52 - which is not mine. Now I'm suspicious!
Cancel the card Amanda and get a new one issued, your card # is in the wild and being used for scams.

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the crap goods were returned to me by USPS because "He moved and left no address".

Ruh-Ro. Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson, Danger-Danger-Danger!

At this point, I believe that anyone who has ordered a month ago to a few weeks ago, and not got their order, you might want to look at doing a charge back. This is my opinion alone, but a vendor going dark, and suddenly moving addresses, not shipping out goods, nor communicating what is going on is really suspect. Don't get Shan'd.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cancel the card Amanda and get a new one issued, your card # is in the wild and being used for scams.
Already called the fraud department. They're issuing a new one - what a pain! Interesting that the fraudulent charge was for disposable cell phone minutes.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Was the scam charge on your account by net10 airtime charge?

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Already called the fraud department. They're issuing a new one - what a pain! Interesting that the fraudulent charge was for disposable cell phone minutes.
me too uug

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Concerning.. He is a sponsor on Mod Envy - I wonder if he is sending out his prizes. I haven't heard anything yet about that. I know he has gone Dark on ********** as well. (affiliate site)

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was the scam charge on your account by net10 airtime charge?
no it was to a online store that sold everything from music to all sorts stuff, ill get the name of the site and post it if anyone wants to know it when I get back to where I have written down at home

brianjbarlow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Concerning.. He is a sponsor on Mod Envy - I wonder if he is sending out his prizes. I haven't heard anything yet about that. I know he has gone Dark on ********** as well. (affiliate site)
Have no idea about the prizes but there sure is a lot of folks getting ripped out of orders it seems me included, and THANKS for chiming in Joe, I appreciate all you all do.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm concerned about them going dark too, but there's a lot of people who got their cards scammed listed on this thread, that's really concerning.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think this warrants some on air callouts Envision style. Just a thought. At least if you all can't contact him prior, put the man on the spot. It'll be interesting to see if he's sending prizes out or not. Would be ironic if he is. No matter if he is or not, him using you as an advertising platform to garner sales, which he then doesn't fulfill is fucked up.

The credit card shit is more than disconcerting as well, but can't pin that on him, yet. Seems fishy, though, and more than a coincidence.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So is it about time to move this thread to the Hall of Shame yet...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It would be the right place, but I think it needs to stay right where it is until resolved. I know I barely ever scroll down to hall of shame. This thread needs as many views as possible to prevent more people to falling victim. Just my thought.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If Custom Mod Creations has really gone dark, and a few more folks chime in about getting burned, it will move to Hall of Shame in a heartbeat.

Artemus of Custom Mod Creations: If you are reading this thread, get your shit together pronto and address your customers needs. It's not looking good at the moment.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be the right place, but I think it needs to stay right where it is until resolved. I know I barely ever scroll down to hall of shame. This thread needs as many views as possible to prevent more people to falling victim. Just my thought.

Last edited:
ordered a Kayfun from him last week no product or shipping label and have tried multiple times to contact him through the contact us page on his site as well as messaged him on Facebook no response yet. Will be going through the process of disputing this charge very soon

KAS129

Member For 4 Years
Also ordered a kayfun from him 2 weeks ago. Wish I had seen this thread then. Have tried multiple times to contact and no response. In the last attempt to contact him I informed him if I didn't get a response in 24 hours I was going to dispute the charge. Filed a dispute today.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After seeing all the disputes being filed I think it's safe to say he pulled a "Shan" on the community.. especially with zero communication to anyone (including the mods)

How do we get his site shut down so that more people don't get scammed out of money? Or at least taken offline so that more c/c info isn't being given to this guy

Last edited:

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this what has been referred to as being "Shann'd" I haven't looked through that entire thread but I've seen the term before. Or is that only when they keep promising to have the mod/items sent out and then come up with some bullshit story. Trying to get my VU lingo all squared away!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is this what has been referred to as being "Shann'd" I haven't looked through that entire thread but I've seen the term before. Or is that only when they keep promising to have the mod/items sent out and then come up with some bullshit story. Trying to get my VU lingo all squared away!

lol it refers to another 'mod creator' ShanMods who basically scammed thousands of dollars from people and never sent anyone their mods - there was a thread that someone on VU created because he never got his mod - she came on for about 1 day to give excuses, shipped out the OP's mod to make it look like she wasn't ripping people off.. and then slipped under the rug again .. (but still runs an active etsy shop selling items while all her mods have not been made in months)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, thanks for the summary lol. I will have to read that thread in its entirety!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice, thanks for the summary lol. I will have to read that thread in its entirety!

it's a fun one to read through lol.. i'm on there quite a bit voicing my opinion of her.. probably was a bit harsh, but it got her to create an account and address the OP which I consider a win (sort of since she didn't make good on everyone else lol)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yikes, I got through page 3 and quite an interesting read! I will have to pick up where I left off tomorrow. Bout time to be done with work for the day. Special lady that one haha.

dchest02

Member For 4 Years
I've been checking my account for the card I used every 4 to 8 hours, and no fraudulent charges have appeared. The card was with my credit union, and they are pretty good at identifying charges that I didn't make, but I'll be keeping a close eye on that account for sure.

Slightly off topic, with the money I was refunded I ordered a black Kayfun v4 from 101vape yesterday tracking says I should have it in my hands tomorrow. That's some fast shipping there, from SoCal to west Michigan in two days, yay me.

VU Sponsors