Become a Patron!

Are the LG HG2's good to go? Any test results yet?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. Tommorow night, midnight to be precise, I am ordering the beastly Sigelei 150Watt. It is on offer and only £5 more than the 100, so I thought why not.

Now, the shop I buy from said I could use the Lg's in it, for longer run time, but I just wanted to make sure they are as safe as using a 25R? If not I will stick to the 25R's, but if I can have 2 3000MAH batteries rated for 20 amps, then I want them.

I may even buy one set of 25R's and one set of the LG's incase the LG's turn out to be bad?

Theres not much price difference between the 2 when buying them in pairs, so what would you think is best?

Stick with what is known, the 25R's, or go for the new LG's?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tommorow night I will order, Haven't heard anything so I think I will go for one set of 25R's and one set of the new LG's.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No good for a Sigelei 150W using the full 150W at the minimum 6.4V. You'd be pushing them nearly 5A over the rating.

The lowest amp cell that is ok full pelt in that mod IMO is an LG HD2 2000mAh.

If you use lower wattage then punch it into a calculator, divide it by 6.4, then multiply by 1.1 and you'll come out with the amp limit you'll need.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats the thing, I wont be using it at 150 watts, but I may just once to see what its like. Thanks for that, Would I be better getting vtc4's in that case, as they are 30 amp? I have a good source for them, so I know it won't last as long, but I would rather the margin of safety, then get some 25R's for normal vaping (Probably never above 80 and that will be pushing it, I am only getting the 150 as it is only £5 more than the 100watt)

I think I will get one set of VTC's and one set of 25R's, what I dont quite understand is does a regulated mod draw as many amps to get the same power as a mech? Like I was told 25R's will be fine, they are good up to 80 watts or so according to the calculator, the vtc's up to 120Watts,
What battery could actually reach 150? Even though I am only doing it once or twice, I want to do it as safe as possible.

Last edited:

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you can get genuine vtc4 then I'd buy a many as you can they'd be perfect for any and all your mods.

I'd run 25r in there too no problem.

Youre ok on 20A cells at 150w if they're fully charged, as you'll draw about 20A. As voltage drops the Amp draw will increase, opposite to a mech mod.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using your calculations, at 150w it will draw 25.7 watts. I will get some VTC4's as I have a good source and my normal samsungs, pair of each for it. I'l use the samsungs for upto 80-90, then the VTC's for anything above. This is only to start with though, as I go along I will get many more batteries. Fortnight after I will stock up on some VTC4's if they really are that good.

So far I have 4 25R's, but I only have a sig 30, a 150 is a bit different lol.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats the thing, I wont be using it at 150 watts, but I may just once to see what its like. Thanks for that, Would I be better getting vtc4's in that case, as they are 30 amp? I have a good source for them, so I know it won't last as long, but I would rather the margin of safety, then get some 25R's for normal vaping (Probably never above 80 and that will be pushing it, I am only getting the 150 as it is only £5 more than the 100watt)

I think I will get one set of VTC's and one set of 25R's, what I dont quite understand is does a regulated mod draw as many amps to get the same power as a mech? Like I was told 25R's will be fine, they are good up to 80 watts or so according to the calculator, the vtc's up to 120Watts,
What battery could actually reach 150? Even though I am only doing it once or twice, I want to do it as safe as possible.

I doubt you will have a build you can even attempt 150w with..25R's or most any 20 amp are going to be good for say 75 watts and down...at 4.2v and a .2 ohm coil ,thats 88 watts and an amp draw of 21 amps.

Basicly stay under 80 watts and 20 amp batteries are fine...if you want to vape at 80 watts or more i would really recommend the vtc4's...thats still 4200mah of battery capacity which is not bad at all.

....and yes, the vtc4's are a true 30 amp battery.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'll enjoy the Sigelei150W, they're awesome mods!

Battery choice sounds good. You'll be fine up to 116W with some 25r if you like.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It baffles me a bit how the regulated mods work, as when you increase the wattage, it increases voltage, so does this lead to less stress on the battery?

ALso PWM vs DC-DC, I don't know if that stresses them less.

Thats the only thing I can't figure out. I will get a set of 25"rs for up to 80 and vtc4's for higher (If I go higher). Like I said its only because of the price I am getting the 150, I highly doubt I will vape at that, apart from maybe one attempt.

Will 2 vtc4's give good life still? Only 800 MAH difference to the 25R's.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I doubt you will have a build you can even attempt 150w with..25R's or most any 20 amp are going to be good for say 75 watts and down...at 4.2v and a .2 ohm coil ,thats 88 watts and an amp draw of 21 amps.

Basicly stay under 80 watts and 20 amp batteries are fine...if you want to vape at 80 watts or more i would really recommend the vtc4's...thats still 4200mah of battery capacity which is not bad at all.

....and yes, the vtc4's are a true 30 amp battery.
Regulated mod amp draw works differently from the maths needed for a mech.

Build doesn't matter as the atomizer is connected to the board. The board exchanges voltage for current, so 88w on a 0.2 (or any resistance) only draws 15A.

As above, regulated amp draw is max wattage divided by minimum cell voltage. Add 10% to that as the board isn't completely efficient.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
800 mah more is alot if you dont vape low ohms and high wattage...on my 650 mah kanger evod ego battery i could vape almost all day with a 1.8 ohm coil but this is at 8 watts not 70w or 80w...so its not that big of a difference in my opinion...youll be fine with either set of batteries..pick your budget and run with it...just dont try to vape much over 80 watts with samsungs to leave you a safety margin of amps...Yes, you can go higher if you really wanted to but you lose safety margin.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What nemesisvape is saying is true but at 88 watts that 15 amps leaves you 5 amps of safety margin...so vtc 4's at the same watts (88w) leaves you more amps....you can vape even higher than 88 watts and match the 5 amps safety margin of the samsungs...which one you like best?...lol

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It baffles me a bit how the regulated mods work, as when you increase the wattage, it increases voltage, so does this lead to less stress on the battery?

ALso PWM vs DC-DC, I don't know if that stresses them less.

Thats the only thing I can't figure out. I will get a set of 25"rs for up to 80 and vtc4's for higher (If I go higher). Like I said its only because of the price I am getting the 150, I highly doubt I will vape at that, apart from maybe one attempt.

Will 2 vtc4's give good life still? Only 800 MAH difference to the 25R's.
A Regulated series mod will exchange part of the up to 8.4V it has available for extra current, so less amp draw at the cells, which is then upped by the board at a lower voltage. Swapsies.

You'll get decent life from a pairof vtc4. Can't really be exact as it's down to vaping habits. I get 8-9 hours semi chain vaping at 60W off a pair of LG he 2.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I thought it upped the voltage so there is less amp draw, that makes me feel safer.

If its at 8.4 Volts maximum 150, the 25`R's can take 150 with 19% headroom, the VTC's 41% head room. So I guess either would be OK, as it will increase the voltage to decrease the amp draw, and according to the vape calculator at steam engine they both should be fine. I will get some VTC's though as I have heard very good things about them, along with some 25R's.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What nemesisvape is saying is true but at 88 watts that 15 amps leaves you 5 amps of safety margin...so vtc 4's at higher watts (88w)..leaves you 9 amps....you can vape even higher than 88 watts and match the 5 amps safety margin of the samsungs...which one you like best?...lol
Each to their own on safety, it's a very personal thing.

For me I've got no issues running close to the maximum amp rating on a regulated device. You can't fire for more than 10 sec at a time, you have short, reverse polarity and discharge protection and a means of completely switching the mod off or locking all three buttons.

Once any vtc4 stock is gone you'll be hard pressed to find another cell to do 30A each without seriously taking a hiton life. Vtc5 shouldn't be run at 30A without temp monitoring or active cooling so you'd be left with a HB6 which is only 1500mAh.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

For me I've got no issues running close to the maximum amp rating on a regulated device. You can't fire for more than 10 sec at a time, you have short, reverse polarity and discharge protection and a means of completely switching the mod off or locking all three buttons.

Once any vtc4 stock is gone you'll be hard pressed to find another cell to do 30A each without seriously taking a hiton life. Vtc5 shouldn't be run at 30A without temp monitoring or active cooling so you'd be left with a HB6 which is only 1500mAh.
I don't worry too much either due to all the safety protection in place, although I wont push it past its rated limit.

Although I do get the VTC's could go higher, if with PWM and voltage upped, the 25R's could actually handle 150 with 19% headroom, so full power from the 25R with nearly 20% more it could take, now thats 80% of the rating, but its rated 8.8C so with the MAH of 2500 it should work up to 20 amps, actually works to 22 with calculation , but everyone says 20 so I will stick with that.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Once all stock is gone? Should I buy up these things? As they must be old stock, but the shop is trustworthy I use, so I am not worried about fakes, although still will check.

How come another company hasn't done what sony has? Surely sony didn't have a secret that the other companies didn't, or did they lol?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Im stock8mg up on vtc4's mainly for the mech mods i have but 25r's are going in my regulated even if i get a sigelei 150w...based on what i get with an smpl and a mutation x v2 with just .5 ohms dual coils, the cloud production is insane and i cant see needing much more than even that although i will try it with a .2 ohm build to draw 88 watts...im pretty sure im just gonna choke however...lol.

Not many vape over 100 watts unless you like a really hot vape. Or have a super air flow in your atty to allow it to be cooler.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Bottom line is you need enough battery to be safe at the level of power you enjoy your vape.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once all stock is gone? Should I buy up these things? As they must be old stock, but the shop is trustworthy I use, so I am not worried about fakes, although still will check.

How come another company hasn't done what sony has? Surely sony didn't have a secret that the other companies didn't, or did they lol?
I'd grab as many as you can. Vtc5 are being made again in Malaysia, I doubt they'll bother with VTC4.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im stock8mg up on vtc4's mainly for the mech mods i have but 25r's are going in my regulated even if i get a sigelei 150w...based on what i get with an smpl and a mutation x v2 with just .5 ohms dual coils, the cloud production is insane and i cant see needing much more than even that although i will try it with a .2 ohm build to draw 88 watts...im pretty sure im just gonna choke however...lol.

Not many vape over 100 watts unless you like a really hot vape. Or have a super air flow in your atty to allow it to be cooler.
I Enjoy 0.2 on my mech is a niceVape.

Unfortunately due to mod voltage drop andcell voltage droop you won't be getting 88W. Expect about 3.5v at the atomizer and about 60W or so. It's pretty much exactly the same Vape as on my Sigelei at 60W.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I Enjoy 0.2 on my mech is a niceVape.

Unfortunately due to mod voltage drop andcell voltage droop you won't be getting 88W. Expect about 3.5v at the atomizer and about 60W or so. It's pretty much exactly the same Vape as on my Sigelei at 60W.
Im doing a fun voltage drop thread..my last test was over 3.8v with my smpl and mutation x v2 with a sony vtc4 fresh off the charger....at the atty by the way...one clip to a negative post and one touching the positive post as i fired...ill have pics of it up soon

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The ohms of the build also play a part in voltage drop so i expect it to go up actually...a standard is to build 1 ohm for all attys and test that way...my test was at .5ohm

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm an odd one, so far I have not enjoyed low ohm builds, they just tasted funky to me? Dunno maybe with a bit more power it will change my mind, but I usually vape around 1-1.2Ohms, and thats what I love about regulated mods. You aint gotta build super dangerously low to get high power. Its a up or down button, not a new coil.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure now wether to just buy 4 VTC4's and sod the 25R's if the sonys are that good, but I may miss that extra 800 MAH.(Or dual 400, so I say 800 lol.)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah thats what I thought earlier, even though at 8.4 Volts the 25R has 19% headroom, when I go mad I will use the VTC4's, and for up to 80 or so I will use the normal 25R's.

How come another company hasn't made a 30 amp 18650? There is demand, I did speak to I believe samsung, and they said they don't sell direct to public as the batteries require 'special training' but there is nothing stopping a company ordering extra batteries to sell on, kind of a grey market. We are not really meant to have the batteries due to the 'special training' lol, but I wanted to find how we got out batteries and one company got back to me, I am sure it was samsung if it was not them it was LG, by 99% sure it was samsung.

Even the flashlight guys were saying they are not really meant for the public, more things like laptops, camcorders and the like. They don't get demonized for blowing up, so why do vapers lol?

EDIT: I have put 2x 25R and 2X VTC4's in my basket, along with a RDA for the missus plus the Sig150. Midnight tommorow I can click buy lol.

Also, god only knows what I will end up using most. I just want to be able to fire dual coil 26 gauge with real vapour, the 15 watts a coil is punier than one 26 gauge, or 2 28 or 30 gauge coils. If I build a 30 gauge coil, the 30 watts is actually quite a monster at around 1.2-1.4 Ohms, so I just want to be able to fire 24 gauge duals.

Next Tuesday is when it should arrive, I know I got the vaping bug though, I am constantly building coils, mixing flavours, and blowing clouds, trying to get that perfect flavour. I am hoping with more wattage and different builds I can experiment more.

Last edited:

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im doing a fun voltage drop thread..my last test was over 3.8v with my smpl and mutation x v2 with a sony vtc4 fresh off the charger....at the atty by the way...one clip to a negative post and one touching the positive post as i fired...ill have pics of it up soon
I have a beast box dual parallel with an in line volt meter built in. Witha pair of 25r fully charged highest I've seen is 3.42v. Tugboat V2 with copper centre post. Can't see even a copper smpl doing much better at 0.2 ohms as it's the battery that's dropping the voltage.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a mutation Xv4 and el cabron so far, I prefer the el cabron If I'm being honest, but I haven't used the mutation as much as the el cabron or experimented with builds as much,the el cabron was my first RDA so I know what works well in it (well on a 30 watt device, I will re learn on a 150 capable device lol, going to try some 24 gauge never tried that before)

Can I ask, whats voltage drop? I've only been seriously doing this about 2 months so still have a few things to learn, before I was on Ego's and CE4s last time vaping, that was about 2012-13 I think? Could be wrong and of been a bit later though, as you know my memories crap due to the brain injury, not as bad as it was though which is a good thing.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a mutation Xv4 and el cabron so far, I prefer the el cabron If I'm being honest, but I haven't used the mutation as much as the el cabron or experimented with builds as much,the el cabron was my first RDA so I know what works well in it (well on a 30 watt device, I will re learn on a 150 capable device lol, going to try some 24 gauge never tried that before)

Can I ask, whats voltage drop? I've only been seriously doing this about 2 months so still have a few things to learn, before I was on Ego's and CE4s last time vaping, that was about 2012-13 I think?
Part of voltage drop is what is lost through the mech mod as it's not a perfect conductor. The other part happens because when loaded a cell will buckle under the strain of a load. Higher loads cause voltage to drop more. Not really an issue on a regulated device , which is good.

Try 7 wraps of 24awg around a 3mm bit. Two coils should give around 0.35-0.4ohms. Can't build too high on the Sigelei, or you won't be able to try out 150W. Should be decent at between 60 and 80W. A short burst at 150 is doable but you could well dry hit in the blink of an eye.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh fair enough, I wont go near mech mods just because I know I will mess up and mess up my face lol. 60-80 Watts sounds good, I wonder if I will enjoy it?

At 30 watts I have not enjoyed anything really below 0.5, 0.9 and above really, it just seemed really, I don't know how to put it,but kind of lacking. Not what I was expecting.

I get much better results higher resistance on the 30, and I like the flavour.

Maybe with the extra power I will enjoy this sub ohming, there must be something to it as everyone seems to be into it lol

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You definitely need a decent amount of power for heavier wires. You have the volume of metal to take into account in each different build.

Not long ago the only regulated mod I had was an mvp3.0 30W. Used tanks in it mainly but did use some 28AWG single coils around 1 ohm. 1ohm 26AWG didn't heat up quick enough and was even cooler.

You can try 50W to start on that 24awg build but it will take a while to heat up. You'll notice the diggers even going to 55W,the coils will really start to come alive.

Ive just tried a 0.17ohm 22awg build and not too impressed. It holds the heat too. I can take a Vape, exhale then take an un powered pull and I still get vapour :)

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get a very warm saturated and flavorful Vape at 0.2ohm, 24AWG 2.5mm coils on my tugboat V2. Best Vape of my life so far.

Hopefully you'll find something that works for you. If it doesn't then post some pictures of your build here and you'll get loads of help.

I can highly recommend a coil master coil wrapper or similar until you become a wrapping master. If it looks tidy it usually vapes good. Though I've had some terrible looking builds that didn't do too bad.

You've got the right dripper, nice big post holes. Having to do a sleeper build on my tugboat V2 sucks :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a beast box dual parallel with an in line volt meter built in. Witha pair of 25r fully charged highest I've seen is 3.42v. Tugboat V2 with copper centre post. Can't see even a copper smpl doing much better at 0.2 ohms as it's the battery that's dropping the voltage.

not sure..ill find out soon enough and post the results with pics.

consider however the smpl has no resistance from a 510 assembly...the positive side of the battery connects directly to the firing pin of the atty...also it uses a solid brass firing pin as well which is better than copper and the tube is copper..about as good as it gets for a tube mech mod.

Last edited:

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

consider however the smpl has no resistance from a 510 assembly...the positive side of the battery connects directly to the firing pin of the atty...also it uses a solid brass firing pin as well which is better than copper and the tube is copper..about as good as it gets for a tube mech mod.
Definitely. Im getting a copper phantom very soon for that reason.

You may see an extra 0.1V from such a good conductor, but it's surprising when you build low how much voltage you loose and how less than the theoretical wattage you seem to get.

Looking forward to your thread on the subject bud!

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Forgot to say, if you want any photos of aa parallel wired mech I've got 25r, HD2, he 4 and HB6 on hand. Don't mind building a certain ohm Rda to match your tests. Let me know.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 26 gauge,(and 28 and 30) I found I could only use that single coil to get vapour from 30 watts though, it wasn't all that unless it was 25+ watts, then it was quite enjoyable. I amagine 30 watts a coil would be ok and quite nice at that gauge.

13 hours and 20 minutes till I can order lol!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Start with a 26g dual coil with a .5 ohm build..4.2v exactly in the battery..i came up with a 0.28v drop on the smpl and mutation x v2 atty.http://vapingunderground.com/threads/voltage-drop-fun.104986/
I'm really used to 26, so that will be a doddle. Id Probably be able to guess the turns on my 2MM Driver, but I will use the calculator to make it as close as possible.

Do other peoples coils vary slightly when you move them around as you install them? Such as 1.5-1.7? Extreme example there as its usually points of points of an Ohm.

My worst is my Lemo V2 which I love though, during building on the ohm reader sometimes it pops up at over THIRTEEN ohms, when I am using any coil. I am not sure exactly what I am touching, but I must be touching something else as I am building, but I can't figure out what it is. Once I have positioned the coil, correct Ohms (May vary a little over the next few days, but not much usually).

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi people. Tommorow night, midnight to be precise, I am ordering the beastly Sigelei 150Watt. It is on offer and only £5 more than the 100, so I thought why not.

Now, the shop I buy from said I could use the Lg's in it, for longer run time, but I just wanted to make sure they are as safe as using a 25R? If not I will stick to the 25R's, but if I can have 2 3000MAH batteries rated for 20 amps, then I want them.

I may even buy one set of 25R's and one set of the LG's incase the LG's turn out to be bad?

Theres not much price difference between the 2 when buying them in pairs, so what would you think is best?

Stick with what is known, the 25R's, or go for the new LG's?
I'm currently using two of the HGs in my IPV4. So far seems to run just fine. They're not getting hot running at 75 watts. Capacity seems respectively larger. No complaints here, but I too would still like to see a chart for these.

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After almost a week of using the HG2s, I can definitely tell they have a bigger capacity. They cut off right at 3.2V according to my charger. Very happy with them. Time to try in a mech. I must get MORE! .

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I may have to get a set. I vape maximum 80 watts, that is with dual claptons, I can push 90 but that pops hot Ejuice into my mouth, and it is boiling. Only tiny flecks, but still now good.

With a standard build, I am happiest around 50-60, so the HG2 should be good to go. Next payday (saturday) I will order a set. The VTC4's I wasn't impressed with have picked up a lot better now, maybe it is where they had been sitting unused for so long? Now I have fully charged and discharged to around 3.2 volts a couple of times, there is not much difference between them and my 25R'S, although I obviously get slightly more time out of the 25 R's.

Roll On the LG's, two 3000MAH batteries should last me a while before a battery change :) Might even get the missus one for her sig30, as I have got her into it she used the sigs onboard charger, and I am going to change batteries every few days and charged with my nitecore.

EDIT: The only married set of 25R's I own are amazing, so I am expecting the LG's to be good. I used the batteries all day yesterday, all day today, and will use till I need to change as there is still 48%. I'm not using it any less, but I am using only 38 watts, as this seems nice on my current build in my lemo V2 (Dual chimney 0.4 Ohm).

Last edited:

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
so i have found that the HE4's and the 25R's have similar life in my abaddon but would the HG's last longer? i vape with a .17ohm coil on a mutation x4

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so i have found that the HE4's and the 25R's have similar life in my abaddon but would the HG's last longer? i vape with a .17ohm coil on a mutation x4
I just built a dual parallel clapton on the ipv 4. Pushing a .17ohm build at 85 Watts with ease. Halfway through the day and cells are still over half capacity.

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
I just built a dual parallel clapton on the ipv 4. Pushing a .17ohm build at 85 Watts with ease. Halfway through the day and cells are still over half capacity.
aight cool i might pick up a pair because half way through the day im changing batteries. i thought someone said putting these batteries to there CDR would damage the cells and at .17 ohms its there even with the parallel box mod do you think they will last a long time or jus die out pretty quick due to the constant discharging at the CDR amperage?

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
aight cool i might pick up a pair because half way through the day im changing batteries. i thought someone said putting these batteries to there CDR would damage the cells and at .17 ohms its there even with the parallel box mod do you think they will last a long time or jus die out pretty quick due to the constant discharging at the CDR amperage?
I have a cherry bomber I can try it on after the work day is over. See how that runs with the cells in parallel. I don't think there should be an issue since in parallel the combined amperage would be more than substantial for most builds above .1ohms.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I have ordered one to test with along with a sig 75 today. I won't have it tommmorow, but friday. Are these actually 20 amp batteries, as I am sure I read they a slightly under? If so, I will give the LG to my fiancee to use in the 30, and stick with the 25R's.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They're a 20amp CDR cell, but they get hot when run at their cdr for sustained periods. If they get hot enough to damage them remains to be seen, but for our usage purposes they should be pretty good performers with good longevity.​

VU Sponsors