Become a Patron!

Are the LG HG2's good to go? Any test results yet?

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The super low ohm losses are all due to the "I squared times R" formula for power loss. While not quite the issue here as in power distribution, it still exists. That's why copper mech mods are popular.

some reading:

http://www.zyra.info/i2r.htm

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the Sig 150w and two 25rs. My build reads .1 ohm (it could be up to .14 as the Sig only reads to tenths of an ohm).

I don't consistently stick at 150w but I have done it several times with no issues. I also chain vape at 100 watts all the time with no heat problems or anything.

I do plan on getting some other batteries, just because my 25Rs die after about 6 hours of use.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've ordered a set of HG2 for my Sigelei 100W. I'd like to see if they can get me through a 12 hour work day comfortably. If so it would save me carrying an extra set with me all the time. I'll then just put a set of spares in my locker for emergencies.

Knowing the way I Vape I'll still end up flattening them, but curiosity has gotten the better of me. Was ordering two pairs of 25R for my XCube 2 so thought I'd tack two on to my order. 13 dollars, so that's about £8, a single efest costs more than that in a Vape shop over here.

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've ordered a set of HG2 for my Sigelei 100W. I'd like to see if they can get me through a 12 hour work day comfortably. If so it would save me carrying an extra set with me all the time. I'll then just put a set of spares in my locker for emergencies.

Knowing the way I Vape I'll still end up flattening them, but curiosity has gotten the better of me. Was ordering two pairs of 25R for my XCube 2 so thought I'd tack two on to my order. 13 dollars, so that's about £8, a single efest costs more than that in a Vape shop over here.
Where did you order from? (If you don't mind my asking)

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where did you order from? (If you don't mind my asking)
Got them from fasttech. Been really pleased with them and Gearbest. Propper legit cells and really cheap.

First order I didn't trust them.so ripped the wrapper off a couple of 25R. They checked out perfectly down to the single character stamped on the negative terminal just under the small piece of wrap at the bottom.

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got them from fasttech. Been really pleased with them and Gearbest. Propper legit cells and really cheap.

First order I didn't trust them.so ripped the wrapper off a couple of 25R. They checked out perfectly down to the single character stamped on the negative terminal just under the small piece of wrap at the bottom.
That's great, I love FT. I also didn't trust their batteries so I avoided ordering them from there.

My 25Rs' (ordered from ecigavenue) capacity seems to have been cut in half since I got them about two weeks ago. I am pretty disappointed about that. I might check out some LGs next. LG phones have been incredibly reliable for me over the years. Apples and oranges, I know. But no harm in trying!

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought 4 from wake n Vape. Using a set in my Sigelie 150 TC mod and got great time out of them. I do not push J or W high and seem to work great.

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's been a few weeks now so I thought I'd ask how folks are feeling about their HGs.

I've a couple of dual cell mods coming soon so I had to get off my ass and order batts and a multi-bay.
Jon was great and it all was out the door within a day.
Planned on 25Rs and only got 2 pair because the HGs weren't extravagant, so I got two pair of those as well.

What are the early verdicts?
I can run my IPV4 at 80 watts on a .18 for a little over a day before I need to charge. So far, I'm happy. Not alot of extra run time, but enough to make a difference. Still not getting warm or hot when chain vaping. I'd give em a solid 8/10 on my scale.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, it's been a few weeks now so I thought I'd ask how folks are feeling about their HGs.

I've a couple of dual cell mods coming soon so I had to get off my ass and order batts and a multi-bay.
Jon was great and it all was out the door within a day.
Planned on 25Rs and only got 2 pair because the HGs weren't extravagant, so I got two pair of those as well.

What are the early verdicts?
Mine arrived today and are on the charger. I'll be using my Sigelei exclusively tomorrow to see how long it takes to kill them. Will have to re test with the 25r as I've changed from my usual 0.2 to a 0.16 and it needs extra wattage due upping a gauge to 22AWG.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice. Do you have a regimen that you track for measuring batt life?
I have a routine from experience but it's very unscientific. I work 12 hours. 25R at 80W last around 9 hours. I'm always changing them at my last break. I swap their positions in the mod at 60%and pull them at 20%.

It will take me a while to gauge performance because of variables like opportunity to Vape. However I can Vape pretty much anywhere at work if I'm sensible.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I can say after having the battery is something extremely unscientific-it lasts longer than a 25R. Usually with a 25R by about 8PM I am to low battery, with these they carry me past this, sometimes I do not have to replace till the nextday, but I stop vaping around 10 or so. So about an extra 2 hours I guess?

But my favourite batteries, believe it or not, currently are the most hated batteries around. Efests new 'in house' battery. They actually last longer than a 25R, there is no excess heat even when taken to 30 amps for 10 minutes 7 seconds on/ off. I want to see a graph of them, but I know they beat my 25R's. Even if they are only 20 amp, 2800 MAH is not bad (They are not 2900MAH as on the label, efest told me it is just to distinguish them from the old 2800MAH batttery, if it says 2900MAH it is the newer battery).

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
500 more mah i dont particularly see lasting a significant amount longer and especially at higher wattage...the difference between my vtc4's and 25R's are minimal at best with a 400mah difference using 25 to 30 watts.

I plan to try the HG2's anyway...compared to the vtc4 it should be a very noticeable difference in time but not so much against the 25r's.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
500 more mah i dont particularly see lasting a significant amount longer and especially at higher wattage...the difference between my vtc4's and 25R's are minimal at best with a 400mah difference using 25 to 30 watts.

I plan to try the HG2's anyway...compared to the vtc4 it should be a very noticeable difference in time but not so much against the 25r's.
The VTC4s do last a long time in the sigelei if I use a tank on it, between 20-30 watts there is not much diffference. Its when I turn the wattage up they outperform them, same with the LG and Efests.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you know what voltage you vape at you can determine how much longer a higher mah battery would last if you take 5 second puffs. http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.asp

The difference between 2500 mah and 3000 mah is about 50 puffs at 3.7v with 5 second puffs.

Meh ,.i guess that could be significant if you drag out puffs during the day.

VU Sponsors