Become a Patron!

Artic Subtank

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone had any spit back problems with this tank? I had the Atlantis but getting to much juice in my mouth and its making my throat sore.

I did initially with a defective one... After exchange for a new one- got a little bit, but I turned it up (60w with the .2 & 35w with the .5) and it vaporizes the juices nicely. Careful filling it as getting liquid in anything but the chamber will cause it as well.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone had any spit back problems with this tank? I had the Atlantis but getting to much juice in my mouth and its making my throat sore.
Yes I had some spit back issues at first but it was quickly taken care of by turning the wattage up enough to vaporize all the juice in the wick...At least 60w for the .2 ohm coil in the Arctic and 35-40w for the new .5 ohm cotton coil in the Atlantis...spit back is no longer an issue maintaining these wattage settings for me...

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

duaneslim

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's even better than the delta 2 u can only run the delta at 40 watts the videos overhyped the delta I had dry hit after dry hit leaking leaking Arctic is perfect at 60 watts it dosent even run thru juice and battery life is even better at 60 watts than less wattage it's the best tank out It's just like a dripper even better to me flavor is on point u don't have to worry about keep dripping

duaneslim

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They have coils at potomacvapors and Towsonvaporium another thing the .02 coils are way better than the 05

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine at Eciggity... Sorry I couldn't post a link... :(

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No worries, they were easy to find both times I've looked. Unfortunately they're OOS both times I've looked. :(
Yeah man...but when I do buy coils I try to get a couple 5 packs while they have them in stock...so far the coils are lasting for about 2 weeks and still hitting good...
Also Eciggity is going to let me know when they have the new 100w IPV4 in stock..($94)
I ordered my two IPV3's from them and I like their customer service...also got the A-mod 7ml extension tanks for my Atlantis from them.....fill it up and it lasts all day driving... :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f4fd16102274853a9a8a536a73a8bf4f.jpg

Arctic SubTank with the .2 ohm coil should be a good match vaping it at 60-65w on the new 100w IPV4 when Eciggity gets them in stock.. I sorta favor the magnetic batt door as my IPV3's came with those little screws..
I did a magnet swap in one of my IPV3's
and it's ok but really doesn't hold the door tight...prefer factory magnetic door offered on the new IPV4...live and learn I guess...lol

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
f4fd16102274853a9a8a536a73a8bf4f.jpg

Arctic SubTank with the .2 ohm coil should be a good match vaping it at 60-65w on the new 100w IPV4 when Eciggity gets them in stock.. I sorta favor the magnetic batt door as my IPV3's came with those little screws..
I did a magnet swap in one of my IPV3's
and it's ok but really doesn't hold the door tight...prefer factory magnetic door offered on the new IPV4...live and learn I guess...lol

I preordered one from Smog. I assume the arctic will run like it does on the Sigelei 100+, right around my happy wattage- 80 watts. I'm hopeful that horizon will come out with some higher wattage nickel coils for the arctic to run TC too. That would be freakin awesome!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I preordered one from Smog. I assume the arctic will run like it does on the Sigelei 100+, right around my happy wattage- 80 watts. I'm hopeful that horizon will come out with some higher wattage nickel coils for the arctic to run TC too. That would be freakin awesome!
What's so good about nickel? Just curious

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
TC= Temperature control. You cannot use TC (properly) with Kanthal. Nickel has a uniform change in resistance as temperature increases- allowing the unit to constantly read ohms and automatically adjust power for long, powerful draws without the dry hits. Not that dry hits are a problem with the Arctic as-is, but this tank running with temperature control seems like a great option for a cool, high vapor production experience! I already ordered some Ni200 nickel wire for my rebuilables in anticipation!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC= Temperature control. You cannot use TC (properly) with Kanthal. Nickel has a uniform change in resistance as temperature increases- allowing the unit to constantly read ohms and automatically adjust power for long, powerful draws without the dry hits. Not that dry hits are a problem with the Arctic as-is, but this tank running with temperature control seems like a great option for a cool, high vapor production experience! I already ordered some Ni200 nickel wire for my rebuilables in anticipation!
Well you got me curious and after doing a little research they say temperature control only works with non-resistive wire, like the nickel 200..I wonder if stock coils used in the Arctic will ever come with nickel wire? Certainly could run nickel in my RDA's now like in the dark horse but I like tanks on my VW box mods..thanks for your reply

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No problemo! From what I've researched Ni200 is not to be used for non-TC applications. It's 1/10th the resistance of kanthal when cold and increases as it heats up. Plus the sizes are like 28-32 gauge which is tough to build. Frankly, I've not seen if it has any use outside temp control. Once my IPV4 arrives and I can play with the features and settings a bit, I will certainly know more. I have a spent casing from an Arctic coil I saved to try a nickel rebuild myself. I cannot wait for my new 100 watt toy :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problemo! From what I've researched Ni200 is not to be used for non-TC applications. It's 1/10th the resistance of kanthal when cold and increases as it heats up. Plus the sizes are like 28-32 gauge which is tough to build. Frankly, I've not seen if it has any use outside temp control. Once my IPV4 arrives and I can play with the features and settings a bit, I will certainly know more. I have a spent casing from an Arctic coil I saved to try a nickel rebuild myself. I cannot wait for my new 100 watt toy :)
Cool...I'm waiting for Eciggity to get the IPV4 in stock ($94) I ordered my two IPV3's from them and like both the fast 3-day shipping (Honolulu to San Diego) and their great customer service..they should have a shipment in any day now...let us know how the IPV4 works out for ya!

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@smacksy

have you tired the 0.5ohm coils yet? if so, what it the wattage sweet spot for chain vaping on them?

I am looking for a sub-ohm clearo on top of a mech mod. - this tank sounds like it has potential.

I like it at anywhere btwn 35-38.5.... Great flavor

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
been using the 0.2ohm dual coil in mine on a mech mod.....I have been using VTC4s just to be safe, they get weak pretty quick lol

but over all I have enjoyed this tank, only down fall is the coils are hard to find instock.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I'm about the only one who likes to run 60-65w on my .2 ohm Arctic coil...Have 3 weeks on it now and still hitting like the day I installed it...really like this tank on my IPV3 at 65w...clouds and flavor just short of dripping...

Kaiser Bob

Member For 4 Years
I guess I'm about the only one who likes to run 60-65w on my .2 ohm Arctic coil...Have 3 weeks on it now and still hitting like the day I installed it...really like this tank on my IPV3 at 65w...clouds and flavor just short of dripping...

I run mine @ 60-70w on my 100+ with a brief trip up to 85-100w every now and then for giggles.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run mine @ 60-70w on my 100+ with a brief trip up to 85-100w every now and then for giggles.

Every time I vape one of these Arctics I just can't believe its a tank! I'm impressed with it's awesome airflow and the vapor/flavor produced..I've got two on two separate mods I vape at the same time because of the 3ml tanks running low on juice in a short time...sorta doubling my pleasure...I just wonder what they are going to come up with next to top it..lol
1d5cc6671103de2a0d161a43227ab761.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided on getting the goblin over the artic. The cost and availability of coils was the decider. But looks and performs great for a clearo (tried a friends)
I decided to get the goblin over the artic....it really blows clouds bit its still nothing like a dripper... If I want clouds I will rather drip...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided to get the goblin over the artic....it really blows clouds bit its still nothing like a dripper... If I want clouds I will rather drip...
Well that's too bad I guess.. The Arctic has replaced my messy drippers and blows clouds that are truly almost as big with great flavor...I do have to refill them often but with two setup at the same time its not so bad..I'm continually amazed at the cloud density I get from the .2 ohm coils and enjoy the wide open airflow.... I don't see myself going back to RDA's anytime soon, even on my mechs....I've been waiting for a high performance tank for a long time..so far the Arctic is that tank, until something even better cones along that tops it..that said I'm hearing about another awesome Subtank called the Starre...will check one out when it hits my local vape shop...2015 is off to a great start! Lol

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that's too bad I guess.. The Arctic has replaced my messy drippers and blows clouds that are truly almost as big with great flavor...I do have to refill them often but with two setup at the same time its not so bad..I'm continually amazed at the cloud density I get from the .2 ohm coils and enjoy the wide open airflow.... I don't see myself going back to RDA's anytime soon, even on my mechs....I've been waiting for a high performance tank for a long time..so far the Arctic is that tank, until something even better cones along that tops it..that said I'm hearing about another awesome Subtank called the Starre...will check one out when it hits my local vape shop...2015 is off to a great start! Lol

I will wait for a .1 ohm coil then I will check it out

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will wait for a .1 ohm coil then I will check it out
Just curious, are you planning to run a mech with the .1 ohm coil? I mean what's a .1 ohm coil gonna do for ya that the .2 ohm coil can't do? I've ran my .2 ohm Arctic on my mech at about 3.7v (voltage drop) that is about the same 65w I run it at on my IPV3 with excellent clouds/flavor.
Cant see it getting any better with a low .1 ohm coil except burnt cotton maybe and a hot vape....just sayin

Last edited:

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got both. Different for sure. I find myself using the arctic, billow and Little boy RDA the most.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious, are you planning to run a mech with the .1 ohm coil? I mean what's a .1 ohm coil gonna do for ya that the .2 ohm coil can't do? I've ran my .2 ohm Arctic on my mech at about 3.7v (voltage drop) that is about the same 65w I run it at on my IPV3 with excellent clouds/flavor.
Cant see it getting any better with a low .1 ohm coil except burnt cotton maybe and a hot vape....just sayin

I will use it on my Bing box mod since its a tank, oh dude there's a big difference between .2-.1

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will use it on my Bing box mod since its a tank, oh dude there's a big difference between .2-.1
Good luck waiting for a manufacturer to mass produce a .1 ohm coil for a tank....there is not many people I know out there who would want one....Hell. I don't even run that low in my RDA's I use on my mechs.. Its just too damn hot.. Oh well, to each his own I guess

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck waiting for a manufacturer to mass produce a .1 ohm coil for a tank....there is not many people I know out there who would want one....Hell. I don't even run that low in my RDA's I use on my mechs.. Its just too damn hot.. Oh well, to each his own I guess

That's what they said about the regulated box mods dude,30,35,40,45,50,60,65,70,75,90,100,120,150,180,200,260 please fill in if a miss something, there's a lot of vapers out there that super subohm .1 is not too hot, manufacturers will for sure make super sub ohm coils.. Watch!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what they said about the box mods dude,30,35,40,45,50,60,65,70,75,90,100,120,150,180,200,260 please fill in if a miss something, there's a lot of vapers out there that super subohm .1 is not too hot, manufacturers will for sure make super sub ohm coils.. Watch!
I'm not going to waste my time debating with you dude..
I for one, can care less if a .1 ohm coiled tank comes out...end of story

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not going to debate with you dude..
I for one can care less if a .1 ohm coiled tank comes out...end of story

Debate????
I mean what's a .1 ohm coil gonna do for ya that the .2 ohm coil can't do? I've ran my .2 ohm Arctic on my mech at about 3.7v (voltage drop) that is about the same 65w I run it at on my IPV3 with excellent clouds/flavor.
Here's what u said...
So whatt is .1 gonna do that .2 can't do?
Well first of all
HYPE
MONEY
MORE MONEY
AND YOU!!
EOS!!

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You will see a difference with unregulated devices. My 0.6 build in the Goblin chucks monster clouds.... at 100+ on a series box! The Arctic can't do that with it's 0.2 coil! But its borderline useless on a single 18650 @ around 26 watts. Likewise a 0.1 ohm would rock a mech mod with one battery like a boss. (160ish watts). Battery safety becomes a consideration, but I've seen people come closer to blowing their face off than that. So yes, there's a difference. Is it going to matter to most of us? No. We have RTA's for that.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
.1 on an Arctic would make that drip tip so hot it would burn your lips... The .2 gets hot at 60w...

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

You're not the only one... I like that wattage range- but I can't afford to feed it at that range lol

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking about ordering one till rip trippers said it was doodoo. Was he bs' ing?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about ordering one till rip trippers said it was doodoo. Was he bs' ing?
ac1b63d708679e67e250fc2a7456aedb.jpg

Rip Trippers? Lol
All I can say is I own two seen here on my IPV3's and they blow clouds just short of the Dark Horse RDA shown on my mech..
I have the Atlantis too, but the Artic is far and away the better performing tank for me...

Kaiser Bob

Member For 4 Years
That's odd what problem did rip have with it, the tank being glued together is the only negative I can think of.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ac1b63d708679e67e250fc2a7456aedb.jpg

Rip Trippers? Lol
All I can say is I own two seen here on my IPV3's and they blow clouds just short of the Dark Horse RDA shown on my mech..
I have the Atlantis too, but the Artic is far and away the better performing tank for me...

Hard to believe that at a time when he was suspected of questionable ethics he would drop a video bombing a tank that is very obviously regarded by people who spent their own money on one as the best on the market right now. Either he got a defective one or he's on drugs.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's odd what problem did rip have with it, the tank being glued together is the only negative I can think of.

This is an interesting problem... never heard of this. What two parts? Mine comes apart down to the individual pieces of glass and stainless steel. The top cap unscrews from the chimney and the glass comes out.

To answer your question he said the coils were junk. He only had 0.5 coils to test and said they tasted like crap.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He literally said that it tasted like they dipped the coil in feces before mailing it to him. It was the first time I've seen him ever not like something

Kaiser Bob

Member For 4 Years
This is an interesting problem... never heard of this. What two parts? Mine comes apart down to the individual pieces of glass and stainless steel. The top cap unscrews from the chimney and the glass comes out.

To answer your question he said the coils were junk. He only had 0.5 coils to test and said they tasted like crap.

Well now that you say this I'll have to recheck mine at next refill. I tried to take it apart initially and the tank half didn't budge, might have just been tight...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He literally said that it tasted like they dipped the coil in feces before mailing it to him. It was the first time I've seen him ever not like something
For kicks and giggles I'll see if the video is still up and running... I think rip tripper sucks personally... Lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No he's not!!! Vaping is very subjective!! Rip is more of a flavor chaser,for him he didn't get the flavor he was expecting from the artic,he also said @.5 he said its ok... And i also like what he said about the coils, sand that made a lot of good sense!! You don't what kind of material they use on those coils!!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My Artic doesn't come apart to my knowledge.. Its tight and no leaks..I wash it out with hot water changing flavors sometimes, put a few drops of new juice in it, shake it around and dump it, then fill it up...works great for me this way..I'd have to put wrenches on it to get it apart and there is really no need to even try it.
Least its that way with me..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just watched that rip trippers video on the Arctic...very negative review that, of course, I disagree with.. I gave him a big thumps down..

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Artic doesn't come apart to my knowledge.. Its tight and no leaks..I wash it out with hot water changing flavors sometimes, put a few drops of new juice in it, shake it around and dump it, then fill it up...works great for me this way..I'd have to put wrenches on it to get it apart and there is really no need to even try it.
Least its that way with me..

I top filled mine a few times before I realized bottom fill holds more juice!

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rip lost credibility with that arctic review in my book. Luckily his opinion isn't worth much to me- in this case at least. Read the comments and see that some Rip Fanboys are drinking his kool aid before even giving this tank a chance... That means- MORE COILS AVAILABLE FOR US!!'

Last edited:

VU Sponsors