Become a Patron!

Artic Subtank

hey guys, new to the forum.. still relatively new to vaping in general. anyway i got one of these arctic tanks the other day, and used the .2 coil to start with. well that's been burned out, so i tried to get more from my local shop and they were sold out. sooo i'm using the .5 coil now, and am having trouble getting it broken in right. i'm using a smok pro 80, and began at 30W on the .5 coil. however, every hit i take tastes like ass. it's not the "dry hit" taste, where something is definitely burning.. it's more of like a chemical or soapy taste. didn't really have this issue with the .2 coil. has anyone experienced this? or if anyone has a tip or suggestion that would be appreciated as well. thanks.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the Arctic I've found running too low of watts is just as bad as running too high... That said I usually run the .5 coil 40-50w and the .2 coil between 65-75w for my sweet spot... Break I on either coil comes after vaping a full tank usually.. Also I get great coil life, about 3-4 weeks before a new one is needed... Its odd you state its "burned out" running such low wattage... I would tend to think its plugged up not completely vaporising all the juice in the wick....(I've ran the .2 at 100w and never burnt it with a full tank of juice)
I would bump up to 40-45w with the .5 coil and try vaping a full tank of juice thru it..it might be OK from vaping at only 30w..sorry I couldn't help more

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

With the Arctic I've found running too low of watts is just as bad as running too high... That said I usually run the .5 coil 40-50w and the .2 coil between 65-75w for my sweet spot... Break I on either coil comes after vaping a full tank usually.. Also I get great coil life, about 3-4 weeks before a new one is needed... Its odd you state its "burned out" running such low wattage... I would tend to think its plugged up not completely vaporising all the juice in the wick....(I've ran the .2 at 100w and never burnt it with a full tank of juice)
I would bump up to 40-45w with the .5 coil and try vaping a full tank of juice thru it..it might be OK from vaping at only 30w..sorry I couldn't help more

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
no no no, in reference to my .2 coil getting "burned out", i was running that around 55-60W. i appreciate the response though..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no no no, in reference to my .2 coil getting "burned out", i was running that around 55-60W. i appreciate the response though..
Was wondering if your coil is black like this one...A true burned out cotton .5 ohm coil from my Atlantis..juice holes in the Atlantis are small, chain vaping like I did caused a few dry hits to the point of actually burning the white cotton wick..
3bc6a250b55bf23b8afd089238211de6.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hey guys, new to the forum.. still relatively new to vaping in general. anyway i got one of these arctic tanks the other day, and used the .2 coil to start with. well that's been burned out, so i tried to get more from my local shop and they were sold out. sooo i'm using the .5 coil now, and am having trouble getting it broken in right. i'm using a smok pro 80, and began at 30W on the .5 coil. however, every hit i take tastes like ass. it's not the "dry hit" taste, where something is definitely burning.. it's more of like a chemical or soapy taste. didn't really have this issue with the .2 coil. has anyone experienced this? or if anyone has a tip or suggestion that would be appreciated as well. thanks.
It's no help but I had the opposite experience with my first two Arctic coils. The 0.5 tasted fine and when I swapped to a 0.2 it tasted funky. Same juice and there wasn't a wattage that didn't taste funky on the 0.2. I think it's just spotty cotton supply at Horizon Tech???

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was wondering if your coil is black like this one...A true burned out cotton .5 ohm coil from my Atlantis..juice holes in the Atlantis are small, chain vaping like I did caused a few dry hits to the point of actually burning the white cotton wick..

You have the lungs of a fucking warrior!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wouldn't say all that, but after smoking tobacco products for over 25yrs I do have a high tolerance to vaping...lol

From the looks of it you could take a bong hit of firewood smoke and not flinch. That's one nasty looking coil. I can take some big rips... but not of burning cotton.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the looks of it you could take a bong hit of firewood smoke and not flinch. That's one nasty looking coil. I can take some big rips... but not of burning cotton.
Actually that coil was still blowing vapor... I noticed it was burnt looking when I went to refill the tank...
98c0650b84c36475731d23220b5b94bf.jpg

I don't get the clouds like I do using a RDA, but this cloud is typical that I get from a .5 ohm coil (Arctic)

smoke free vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I came across this info and thought I would share.

recommended wattages and seems like break in instructions

Remark:

BTC 0.2 ohm work with 20W to 50W

BTC 0.5 ohm work with 20W to 40W

BTC 1.2 ohm work with 10W to 25W

BTDC 0.2 ohm wok with 30W to 100W

BTDC 0.5 ohm work with 30W to 80W

Manufacture Suggestion

1)In order to have a wonderful vaping, we strongly suggest that let the e liquid absorbed fully.( soak around 30 seconds to 40 seconds)

2)Before vaping,we strongly suggest to use around 15W first.

3)When the first using, keep soaking 1 to 2 minutes ,can use 20W to 30 W directly

from here: http://www.horizone-cig.com/products_detail/&productId=148.html

Came across two more features based on size that is 2.5 ml e liquid capacity and has 4 airflow valves measured at 3 mm each.

Artic with the .2 ohm on my segelei and I'm a happy camper all day Itll easily hit 100 watts no dry hits. Hell I've just messed around and set it at 110-120 and it STILL is not roasted hell of a tank ... BTW the herkales is a good sub ohm tank also easily just as good:)

That's what I'm working with wouldn't have it any other way but everyones got diff preferences... To each their own ... Happy vaping guys

Attachments

• IMG_20150701_175730.jpg
    IMG_20150701_175730.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 7

Dude that's toasty might want to rethink hitting that haha but damn buddy wth?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude that's toasty might want to rethink hitting that haha but damn buddy wth?
You know it's funny that it didn't taste burnt at all...I'm not kidding...
I noticed it black looking when I went to refill it..that coil was about 6 weeks old, vaping it everyday..it was time to change it out anyway, lol

You know it's funny that it didn't taste burnt at all...I'm not kidding...
I noticed it black looking when I went to refill it..that coil was about 6 weeks old, vaping it everyday..it was time to change it out anyway, lol

Haha funny shit my man and damn.

I'm using the horizon arctic tank and the IPV mini 2. I continue to get burning even though I changed the coil and never let it run dry. Anybody have some tips? Thanx in advance

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've built my Atlantis heads down to .3 with 22 Gauge Kanthal. 50-60 Watts is the sweet spot, any more and I get dry hits. I'd be interested in how the Arctic handles ultra high VG. I make a Cereal Killa clone with 90% VG, the rest is PG based flavoring. This stuff is thick, even at 75 degrees.
I wicked these Babys w/ max VG , 90/10 VG/pg, and80/20 . when I primed them the wick sucked it thru like it was dehydrated . I have yet to encounter a dry hit or even an overly dirty coil I use it with my Kbox sometimes but usually its partner in crime is my aspire cf sub . hands down dopest tank I ever vaped..with

Sent from my LG-LS990 using Tapatalk

Recently picked up a new Arctic, running the .5 ohm coil at 50w on my eVic VT with 80/20 juice. Is anyone else getting quite a lot of spit back? Any suggestions from anyone that is?

VU Sponsors