Become a Patron!

Aspire BVC heads, what's your SWEET SPOT?

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just curious what wattage/voltage your running the BVC heads at? I'm using them in a Nautilus Mini on my Vapor Shark rDNA30 around 14W. Ive heard many people boasting about running the BVC heads at 17-20W (sometimes even higher) without getting dry/burnt hits. I'm currently using a 1.8ohm BVC with some 60/40 PG/VG juice & I can't seem to go much higher than 15W without it getting slightly burnt. Before I installed this particular BVC head I dripped some juice on the mesh/filler material to prime it, kinda like a carto, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it or what. I have some 1.6ohm BVC's as well so I might try one of those but without priming it the way I did previously, just install, fill & let sit for a few minutes. Has anyone experienced any noticeable difference between the 1.6 & 1.8ohm BVC's? Does one perform better at higher wattage?

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd be curious to hear your views on the 1.6 vs 1.8. I just ordered some 1.8s. I was planning going for the 6s, but waffled at the last moment. Still not sure why they have 2 coils so close, is there much difference?

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well Ive been using a 1.6ohm head since last night & other than a slightly airier draw (very slightly, some might not even notice it) I'm not noticing much difference. I wasn't expecting the airier draw & I thought it might have just been that particular head. Well it wasn't, threw in another 1.6 head & same slightly airier draw. I'm very picky about airflow so this really kinda irritated me because the draw on the 1.8ohm heads on the 2nd (1.1mm) air hole is perfect for me. I prefer mouth to lung hits & the 1.1mm air hole has a very smooth draw with the 1.8ohm heads, pretty much spot on for me. I'm getting used to the airier draw but I'm worried that when I go back to the 1.8ohm I'll have to used to them again. If that's the case I'm just going to stick with the 1.8ohm. Since the 1.8ohm heads will naturally have a little more wraps/wire than the 1.6ohm I'm thinking that's probably the reason for the difference in draw, IDK? Has anyone else noticed this also? Even with the 1.6ohm heads I still can't seem to go above 15W without it starting to get burnt, I just don't get it. Ive seen a few videos of people using almost the same ratio juice in the BVC heads but they can go to 17-20W without burning, what am I missing here?

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine work great at 12W no problems. I experimented with different gear and find that it's not so much the device but the coils themselves. Then there is juice ratio, device builds, battery connection issues, wicking problems as well as individual construct of the coils. I never felt the need to go 20W that is far too much heat. The airy draw I get when I have the port adjustment of kilter on the airflow control gauge as well as the head not situated properly to the base.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've run mine up to 15 watts, and chain vaped without dry hits, on 100% VG juice. I'm actually doing it right now! Lol

That said, I see no real increase in vapor, or flavor over 13 watts. It just gets warmer as you go up. No benefit in going over 13-15 watts IMO

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a bit let down on the longevity of these BVC heads. I was really hoping they would last a week or more but after about 4 days the flavor really starts to drop, at least for me using a DIY Butterscotch, 60/40 PG/VG, 18mg. The flavor on a fresh BVC head is hands down the best Ive experienced on any replaceable head, just really clean, pure flavor for the first 3-4 days & then it goes down from there. Ive heard you can squeeze a little more time out of them by boiling them however, EVERY SINGLE TIME Ive boiled a standard carto it was completely unusable IMO, the flavor was bland & NEVER the same again. Has anyone tried cleaning these coils with good results? I know RiP posted a rebuild video using cotton but the performance didn't seem very good, not to mention the spitting or gurgling he mentioned, that I just can't stand. I would REALLY like to try to rebuild one of these using some ceramic material like XC-116 Ready Wick or possibly some other high temp ceramic material, there are LOTS of high temp ceramic materials out there.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Butterscotch will kill any coil quickly brother; as will anything sweet. The sweetener caramelizes on the coil; which makes the wicking clog up very quickly..

That said; I just started rebuilding my old Aspire Nautilus BDC coils into BVC's using Rips method, BUT with much larger vertical coils, and MORE cotton. So far the results have been amazing.

I'll have a YouTube tutorial up in a few days once I nail the process down perfectly.

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool, I was kinda meh about Rip's video, though I think if he had made the coil larger, that would have made it better. It just seemed like a lot of work to make one. At least if the coil was larger, you could skip the step of filling in the gaps with more wick.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cool, I was kinda meh about Rip's video, though I think if he had made the coil larger, that would have made it better. It just seemed like a lot of work to make one. At least if the coil was larger, you could skip the step of filling in the gaps with more wick.
Well, I actually used MORE wick than Rip; as well as a larger coil. My coil is surrounded by a ton of wick; all the way to the bottom of the cartridge, and up to the top where aspire ends their wicking material. I was sure to maintain a hole the size of the coil all the way through however; so as to maintain airflow.

My thought on using extra wicking was twofold; on one hand I didn't want it to dry out, whilst on the other hand I wanted to keep gurgling, and flooding at bay. So far, so good!

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1.6 Ω bvc in my full sized Naut with 80/20 VG heavy on my Vamo V5. Depending on the flavor in the tank I stay between 10-12 watts. But I've got some juice from Beantown called Snozzberry that loves the 8-9 watt range.

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Butterscotch will kill any coil quickly brother; as will anything sweet. The sweetener caramelizes on the coil; which makes the wicking clog up very quickly..

That said; I just started rebuilding my old Aspire Nautilus BDC coils into BVC's using Rips method, BUT with much larger vertical coils, and MORE cotton. So far the results have been amazing.

I'll have a YouTube tutorial up in a few days once I nail the process down perfectly.

Yeah the Butterscotch definitely seems to kill the coils pretty quick, much faster that I would prefer. I DIY it myself using 18% FW Butterscotch, 3% FW Caramel Candy, 3% EM, 1% Sucralose, 50/50 blend & 18mg. I like it sweet with strong flavor, however I'm burning through coils so quick I think I'm gonna have to reduce the percentages. If I could nail a recipe with 10% flavoring & 2% sweetener that would be ideal but I have yet to find a flavoring that concentrated that I really enjoy.
Please post the video for the BVC head rebuild ASAP, I'm really interested in seeing that. I would like to try to rebuild one with some XC-116 ceramic (Ready Wick). Just slide the XC over the coil & then wrap it in cotton, should work great in theory.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire BVC Coil's (not nauty) 1.6ohm runnin between 8-11w...

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been experimenting in cleaning methods for the BVC. Nothing special, just trying everything.
1. I used boiling water on one, and I think it killed the wick. After the boil, they seemed to clog burn up, into a bad taste very quickly. I think the boil is not good, so giving up on that.
2. Another I was able to get more life from buy, using a tissue, rolled up to look like a big toothpick, and twisting out the center. Som black gunk came up, and then I switched to a higher VG juice and if was good all over again.
3. On another, I decided to just use a water-pik and blast it out, after the dry, it seemed to work well.
4. On that same coil I first water-pik I cleaned it again with just hot water. And am trying that coil soon again. Its wedged in the fan blade covers of a portable, and letting it fully dry.
5. What I think is going to be the best, but still experimenting. Is just using 99% rubbing alcohol. Putting the coil in a 30ml bottle and just shaking it for a good long while. Then doing a full air dry. I currently only have 90% alcohol.
6. I did the extended soak over several days in water, and the coil began to develop some rust. So which is why I am leaning to alcohol.

Any feedback on cleaning these things is appreciated.

another thing I did after putting in a cleaned coil, I put my finger over the air hole, and drew in hard, Shook it, did that again. And a stream of bubbles came out one of the wick holes. Pause, repeated, and I got another stream of bubbles. Its been hitting well since, and still in the tank

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
on the 1.6 ohm coils I cannot go over 11 wats on a IPV V2 now that is this coil I have had other same ohm work great at 4.8v or 13watts
but I think it depens on your percentage of pg/vg I DIY 50/50 unless I am dripping

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same running 1.8 at 11w on a 50/50 juice, I just got the Nautilus Mini to test and so far I am happy with flavor and purchased a few more, I usually use a Taifun GT at 1.3 resistance

ToxicSludge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got my bvc's yesterday and what a great wonderful difference.The naught is now my favorite tank.I'm running 1.8's @ 11 watts with Northwest tobacco @ 50/50.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nautilus BVC I typically run at 11-12 watts. The non-nautilus BVCs I run lower at 9W. I've found BTW that the non-nautilus BVCs tend to "spit" juice if run too hot especially on lower frequency PWM-based mods.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus BVC I typically run at 11-12 watts. The non-nautilus BVCs I run lower at 9W. I've found BTW that the non-nautilus BVCs tend to "spit" juice if run too hot especially on lower frequency PWM-based mods.
So you have the Fastech cloned BVC coils? What is you general impression/ mini-review. I heard they don't taste nearly the same, burn out quicker, and tend to leak. I have not used them, the price is about 6 dollars vs 10 for a set of the real Aspires.
Any guess on what the wick is made out of, if Silica you could dry burn.
The spitting is probably because the screen holes are about 3 times the size of the Aspire fine mesh

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been experimenting in cleaning methods for the BVC. Nothing special, just trying everything.
1. I used boiling water on one, and I think it killed the wick. After the boil, they seemed to clog burn up, into a bad taste very quickly. I think the boil is not good, so giving up on that.
2. Another I was able to get more life from buy, using a tissue, rolled up to look like a big toothpick, and twisting out the center. Som black gunk came up, and then I switched to a higher VG juice and if was good all over again.
3. On another, I decided to just use a water-pik and blast it out, after the dry, it seemed to work well.
4. On that same coil I first water-pik I cleaned it again with just hot water. And am trying that coil soon again. Its wedged in the fan blade covers of a portable, and letting it fully dry.
5. What I think is going to be the best, but still experimenting. Is just using 99% rubbing alcohol. Putting the coil in a 30ml bottle and just shaking it for a good long while. Then doing a full air dry. I currently only have 90% alcohol.
6. I did the extended soak over several days in water, and the coil began to develop some rust. So which is why I am leaning to alcohol.

another thing I did after putting in a cleaned coil, I put my finger over the air hole, and drew in hard, Shook it, did that again. And a stream of bubbles came out one of the wick holes. Pause, repeated, and I got another stream of bubbles. Its been hitting well since, and still in the tank

I have found boiling them for a few minutes works great , you got to let them completely dry though . Have not had any damage from doing this , it was recommended to me from a few different people.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found boiling them for a few minutes works great , you got to let them completely dry though . Have not had any damage from doing this , it was recommended to me from a few different people.
I give it another go then. Just a straight 5 minute boil, and then complete dry out. No other tricks.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you have the Fastech cloned BVC coils? What is you general impression/ mini-review. I heard they don't taste nearly the same, burn out quicker, and tend to leak. I have not used them, the price is about 6 dollars vs 10 for a set of the real Aspires.
Any guess on what the wick is made out of, if Silica you could dry burn.
The spitting is probably because the screen holes are about 3 times the size of the Aspire fine mesh
No these aren't fasttech clones. When I said Non-Nautilus I mean the Aspire BVC coils that are made for the CE5, VIvi Nova, ET-S, etc. There is no screen (there's no room for one).

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I give it another go then. Just a straight 5 minute boil, and then complete dry out. No other tricks.

I don't think i let them even boil that long actually , about three minutes tops . I am keeping a close eye on the FT nautilus BVC replacements .

Some negative feedback from one person to start but not giving up yet for that price before i sample them for myself , five bucks worth a shot to me.

After boiling if you start trying to vape before it's fully dry it's very difficult , you barely get anywhere . It takes a while before they come back to full life but all of mine have .

If you give up on them too early you will be convinced boiling killed them but they will be good as new before you know it from my experience.

Last edited:

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got 3 used ones sitting.....will give it a boil when I get to 5. myfreedomsmokes.com has deals on Vaperjoes blog frequently for coils. Right now they have a 40% off. I can get real BVC for $7.15 for 5 right now, this second with 40%COIL code.
I am still working down the ones I got at 50% off. The wicks are unique to the BVC, ceramic material. Why bother with a clone of unknown materials, out of china.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1.6 ohm non-Nautilus (genuine) in a drilled ET. 12-12.5w seems to be the sweet spot with most of my juices.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got 3 used ones sitting.....will give it a boil when I get to 5. myfreedomsmokes.com has deals on Vaperjoes blog frequently for coils. Right now they have a 40% off. I can get real BVC for $7.15 for 5 right now, this second with 40%COIL code.
I am still working down the ones I got at 50% off. The wicks are unique to the BVC, ceramic material. Why bother with a clone of unknown materials, out of china.

If you can get the originals for around $7.00 buy originals but if your paying $12.00+ the Fasttech may be worth trying for $4.99. If you boil them make sure you let them completely dry , they are horrible even moist.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah i know all about MFS , good deal no doubt , good to stock up .

hey guys im a lurker who had to join to give you guys some amazing data on observations on the BVC coil with tons of great data points and a large variety of data at that. this is the first time something this comprehensive has been shared, and i gathered this specifically because i know for a fact this information is not available online or on boards.

my wish is some one make a nice organized image of this information so it can be easily shared on facebook/reddit/message boards since the BVC coil is so well known and there isn't quite a lot of easily accessible information on it's hands on functionality.

so lets talk about the unknown facts of the aspire/beyond vape BVC coil head:

*ALWAYS PRIME A FRESH COIL WITH 4 DROPS OF JUICE RIGHT ON THE COIL BEFORE USAGE, and let it soak before you try and put the tank together and let the coil hang upside down while attaching to juice chamber.

realistic wattage range: 7~20 watts. For long lung hitters such as myself who like taking full hits until the button turns its self off for protection, 17-18 watts is the money spot for long drags that are rich and complex but still cool vapor and a comfortable pressure on your throat. however flavor doesn't become worth the nautilus/silo price tag until atleast 15 watts, so you absolutely need a device just above a Ego Twist/Vision Spinner/Innokin MVP. For a fairly inexpensive one time payment, and the ability to upgrade to high powered atomizers a device like the Eleaf iStick or a dependable Hana Mod DNA 30 clone from a respectable vendor will be needed to get the perfect BVC vaping experience, as the BVC should be able to vape at 18 watts dependable even when chain vaping if under the proper scenarios which will be elaborated on briefly.
wattage vs. pg/vg ratio: high VG juice with the 3/4th largest airhole on the Nautilus/Silo will vape well around 16-17 watts, but with a level of touch-and-go (an understanding of knowing from your draw on your ecig just how well wicked the coil/cotton are as its vaping in real time) and primer puffing you can easily vape at 18-19 watts. A 50/50 blend can be chain vaped at 18 watts easily, depending on the length of your hit even up to 22 watts for quick draw or french inhalers.

Nautilus (large pyrex build) w/ BVC:
-if the coil head is screwed in too snug, or too loose, the coil will max out at 12-15 watts no matter the juice thickness.
-when screwed properly it will vape constantly at 17 watts with no dry hits even at high or max vg like suicide bunnys derailed.
Nautilus mini vapes at 17-18 watts perfectly with no issues.

Nautilus w/ Hollowed Out Sleeve w/ BVC:
-little known fact, due to the generally overtight fit from this aspire accessory for the original Nautilus and usually plateaus at 16 watts with 50/50 and 15 watts with higher VG
*Nautilus Mini Hollowed out sleeve performs perfectly at 17-18 watts and fits much more normal then the original size hollowed out sleeve

Beyond Vape Silo w/ BVC
-the best out of the BVC tanks
-both beyond vape and aspires bvc coil heads work just as good
-needs primer puffs on 90%+ vg juices but even so can still run at 18 watts on almost all juices regardless of VG
-overtightening, or accidently have the coil head just a bit loose in the tank when fully assembled does not effect performance or result in flooding unless extremely loose (but in which case the tank probably wouldnt even be able to be fully assembled and screwed together.

Anyways if you guys have ANY questions about the BVC's lemme know cause I have studied them relentlessly since they were released.

PS - anyone care to do a comparison of the Silo vs. Atlantis with flavor and vapor comparison (i dont which is larger i just want pure data like ie "the atlantis produces about 50% more vapor in approximation" and Atlantis vs. Sub Tank info is much appreciated as well cause im torn between whether to get one or not cause I LOVE my Silo. Any thoughts on that question also?

Lets Talk!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lets make sure everyone knows this is a personal preference thread , not a "should be used this way" thread . I get outstanding flavor from the BVC's at wattages from 10 watts up to about 15 , my personal preference.

Granted, i also vape my RDA's at low wattages and generally higher ohm builds and i get amazing flavor with those as well . Whether a head can handle higher wattages and lower ohm builds is besides the point , we all have our personal favorite settings.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm on day 18 on the first 1.8ohm coil sitting on top of a istick running 8.4 watts. I started at 7.9 watts and going up a little each time the flavor drops. On day 12, day 15 and yesterday the air draw went down, so I took a blunt tip from a syringe and cleared the coil and it fixed the air flow problem. I'm doing 50/50 mostly banana cream, sweet cream, cinnamon Danish, cheese cake. I run 3 tank full a day in the Nautilus mini. I'm happy with it.

hey in no way did i say "THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE" i offered very very extensive data on the bvc coils upper wattage performance, and various hardware differences and invaluable hands on data for users that isnt available anywhere on the net. come on a little thanks before passive aggressive digs at my intentions

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm running between 13-15 watts with a 1.6 Ohm coil. No burned hits, even with 70vg/30pg mixes.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey in no way did i say "THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE" i offered very very extensive data on the bvc coils upper wattage performance, and various hardware differences and invaluable hands on data for users that isnt available anywhere on the net. come on a little thanks before passive aggressive digs at my intentions
The post is welcome. People have posted they have hit it at 20 Watts before any of the first reviews started. It really really depends on the juice that is in it, on what whats you can run. I am at 80-20 70-30 60-40. At 15 watts I get a hit or two just OK, and then clear burning. I start to get a burning at 11 often.

If I used a max-VG, maybe I could use 12 or even 15 watts easily. Don't know though. It also makes a difference between the 1.6 and the 1.8, most seem to prefer the 1.8

well i already covered that:
on a nautilus with a properly installed BVC/Nautilus mini with BVC, or Silo w/ BVC you can get full long 7 second hits with max vg/100% vg at 17 watts without a dry hit.

I covered fairly well the upper limit performance of the BVC coil.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well i already covered that:
on a nautilus with a properly installed BVC/Nautilus mini with BVC, or Silo w/ BVC you can get full long 7 second hits with max vg/100% vg at 17 watts without a dry hit.

I covered fairly well the upper limit performance of the BVC coil.
Yes, your review matches all the rest, the carto type coil soaks and remains wet. This is the best tank on the market right now. I also use a Kanger mini Aerotank, also very nice, but its more finicky, and can not take as much power.

If you look closely at the coil, its marked 3V to 6V, so its spec also matches all the reviews, its specification is a top of 20 watts

themetricvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I seem to be the weirdo here, but I use the mini with the 1.6 bvcs at 16 watts. They don't tend to last as long, but I find the flavour and the warmth perfect.

Aquaman

Member For 4 Years
Recently haven't had much luck with the heads that I bought separately. 1 or 2 heads out of 5 are ok. 8 [email protected] seems to work well. The bad heads have a strange chemical taste. I never buy clones (all have serial #s) Same shit happened with the bdc coils that I purchased. The hype is BS, I never noticed better taste! It's a shame to see people have been 'bought' so easily to sell some crappy products....Lame Ass Motherfuckers!!!
Been using Evod heads with the chimney shaved down.

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a bit let down on the longevity of these BVC heads. I was really hoping they would last a week or more but after about 4 days the flavor really starts to drop, at least for me using a DIY Butterscotch, 60/40 PG/VG, 18mg. The flavor on a fresh BVC head is hands down the best Ive experienced on any replaceable head, just really clean, pure flavor for the first 3-4 days & then it goes down from there. Ive heard you can squeeze a little more time out of them by boiling them however, EVERY SINGLE TIME Ive boiled a standard carto it was completely unusable IMO, the flavor was bland & NEVER the same again. Has anyone tried cleaning these coils with good results? I know RiP posted a rebuild video using cotton but the performance didn't seem very good, not to mention the spitting or gurgling he mentioned, that I just can't stand. I would REALLY like to try to rebuild one of these using some ceramic material like XC-116 Ready Wick or possibly some other high temp ceramic material, there are LOTS of high temp ceramic materials out there.

I've had good luck soaking my Aspire coils (BVCs) in Everclear (95% alcohol) overnight, and then allowing them to air dry. The owner of the best local vape shop says I'm ruining the coils, but they seem to work well for me. No water is used, ever.

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Instead of rubbing alcohol, which is deadly toxic, I use Everclear, a drinkable alcohol that is 95% pure alcohol.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Instead of rubbing alcohol, which is deadly toxic, I use Everclear, a drinkable alcohol that is 95% pure alcohol.
My logic on the rubbing alcohol is after letting it dry, all the alcohol is evaporated. I still have not had any success in cleaning a BVC coil except for soaking out old juice with a rolled up tissue or cotton. That freshens up the taste. and I can spin it and pull off some gunk from the coils with damaging the inner cotton (or too much). With the cost of the BVC's going down on good sales.....I am likely to give up all full cleaning, and just soak them out on occasion until I want to move on to a fresh coil.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My nautilus mini with the 1.8 bvc with 50/50 constantly floods what am i doing wrong?
As I just said, what I do is roll up a cotton or paper towel, into a spike about as round as the coil hole. Drop it down, let it soak up the juice. The usually fixes gurgles. Some gurgles self resolves. Also take out the coil and make sure the base dry-ish where the air holes are.

Lastly, make sure you are not using fake coils sold on fastech.

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus (large pyrex build) w/ BVC:
-if the coil head is screwed in too snug, or too loose, the coil will max out at 12-15 watts no matter the juice thickness.
-when screwed properly it will vape constantly at 17 watts with no dry hits even at high or max vg like suicide bunnys derailed.
Nautilus mini vapes at 17-18 watts perfectly with no issues.

PS - anyone care to do a comparison of the Silo vs. Atlantis with flavor and vapor comparison (i dont which is larger i just want pure data like ie "the atlantis produces about 50% more vapor in approximation" and Atlantis vs. Sub Tank info is much appreciated as well cause im torn between whether to get one or not cause I LOVE my Silo. Any thoughts on that question also?

Lets Talk!

How snug is too snug? I know what too loose would mean, but too snug?

I would love to do an Atlantis/Silo comparison, but I don't own a Silo. I do loves my Atlantis!

TVG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can dry burn nautilus BVCs safely. It works, and it works good.
Prior to trying that I've done vodka, boiling and rubbing alcohol, nothing quite worked. I god decent taste for a couple hours then muted again.

There's youtube videos on it but here's how I do it:
1) Clean the coil to remove juice
2) Dry it with hair drier
3) Dry burn it, pulse for 1 second until smoke stops coming out of the head, pulse some more for good measure
4) Clean it good with water again to remove the nasties. this is important, if you don't, you'll ruin the juice you put into your tank, it will taste like vomit because of the ash residues.
5) Dry it again very truougly with a hair drier

I'm on the third day of a cleaned one and the flavor doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It's even, as usual with BVC heads, a little too strong with some juices that need diluting.
I have also disassembled (and wasted) a coil after cleaning it to make sure that the wick and the cotton side things were intact and everything was fine. Not white like brand new but not burned either.

The topic is old but I don't see dry burning mentionned here. You won't be able to do it once they switch to cotton because of the (in my opinion) imaginary issues people had with the wicking material so you might as well do it whçile you can.

VU Sponsors