VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BackStory - The Foibles of Flavorings and their Fans

Welcome to BackStory. Here, @Daintanee and I hope to create a place to discuss DIY in a slightly different way. It is going to be a thread about specific flavors, percentages, and brands, their parentage, their bad habits, and their love lives, But most of all, it's going to be fun.

Yes, we are going to anthropomorphize (attribute human characteristics to) flavors.

This all came about with a post I made in the Flavour Art Club. Re-posted here:

------------------------------------------

Pear Affair

2.75% FA Pear
1.00% FA Cookie
1.00% FA Vienna Cream
1.00% FA Mango
0.50% FA Marshmallow
0.50% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.50% FA Vanilla Classic
0.50% FA Citrus Mix
0.25% FA Maple Syrup
0.25% FA Clove

Notes:
Pear: It's her party.
Cookie is invited everywhere.
Vienna Cream called Vanilla Classic and they decided to add some upscale taste to the party.
Mango figured Pear might need a bit of help.
Marshmallow came just to ogle Pear's bottom.
Cinnamon Ceylon snatched her husband Clove out of a poker game."You always come home smelling of cigars" she exclaimed as she dragged him to Pears bottle..
Citrus Mix and Maple Syrup hit it off surprisingly well, possibly setting off a new civil war with the birth of their son Bergamot.

Shake and vape.

This recipe is best vaped warm. How you make it so is your choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was well recived and then Daintanee posted this:

---------------------------------------------------------
No Caddy, I was making yours you silly boy! But I didn't know you left bergamot out, and guestimated you put .25% in.

So can I play too? I love stories! My husband, our kids, and I will go in turns telling parts of a story. We make up a lot of silliness .... like 2 big fat kids in search of a candy cottage.

Since I hate leaving people feel left out.....

Citrus mix and Maple syrup were distraught at their son bergamot leaving due to the war that began due to the monster of a mother in law named mango. Thy went in search of bergamot and found him with a honey and a white peach and returned home. Mango fell so in love with the sweet little honey and the bright white peach that the war ended and they all lived happily ever after.
Added .25% bergamot
.5% white peach
.5% honey
-----------------------------------------------------------------

We started talking behind the scenes and decided to see if perhaps others might like to join in, either commenting or started a new story with a flavor that is perplexing them.

In the end, we hope to learn a lot and have a bit of fun at the same time. Please join us.

To that end, here is the beginning of a recipe you might be interested in. I don't know where it will end up nor even if it will end.

Pineapple.

The fortunate daughter of tryst between Fuji Apple and a cactus with Japanese parentage that Fuji Apple

met while on a picture taking journey with her photography club in the Desert Southwest, was sitting at

the edge of the beach watching the surfers and wondering if this was all there was to existence.

Pineapple, startled by a sudden thump as Coconut falls down beside her splashing sand all over, jumps up.

"Hey, you brute, Go away" she yells.

"Hi there sweet stuff." cooed Coconut. "Want to mix it up a little?"

"No"

"You really enjoyed it last time."

"I know, but we're too strong together" said Pineapple "We're too overwhelming and people can

smell us a mile away."

"Yeah, I remember" replied Coconut, "the post office banned us, but it was worth it.

"Yeah." sighed Pineapple.

Starting point.

FA Pineapple 2.5%
FA Coconut 1.5%

Can you help Pineapple and Coconut in their quest to co-exist without annoying everyone else about them? Or will they have to just move on and forget their dreams.

Flavors, percentages, and brands are all fair game. Adding to the story is especially encouraged

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pineapple & Coconut continues....

As Pineapple watched Coconut begin walking away she began feeling a deep emptiness. She realized how others kept their distance due to her overwhelming personality.

Before Coconut got to far he turned around & began walking back to Pineapple. He wasn't about to back down from what he wanted. He would make sweet Pineapple his.

As he approached Pineapple and she saw him Pineapple huffed, "What do you want?"
Coconut said, "How's about you have dinner with me?"
"No!" exclaimed Pineapple.
"Why not, you afraid of me?" Coconut goaded.
"Of course not!" replied Pineapple.
"Oh come on, live a little, Pineapple. My friend Jamaican Rum is a great cook, and his girl, Vienna cream really wants to meet you. You are all I talk about around them."
"Really?" Pineapple said hopefully.
"Yeah." Said Coconut.
"Well, ok then." Said Pineapple shyly.

At Jamaican Rum's place Pineapple noticed what a sweet, light vanilla, smooth, &creamy personality Vienna had. And for a guy Jamaican Rum was quite a sweetheart himself. Will these four continue their friendship? Will their %'s change? Will one walk away? Will they meet another friend?

Suggested blend

1% FA Pineapple
1% FA Coconut
1% FA Vienna cream
1% FA Jamaican Rum

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well hop on in. Either with continuing this story, starting a new one with a flavor or two you might be interested in, or just simply asking a question. Other than coloring the text in your in new story lines (to help with following different stories), there are no rules and everyone is invited.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pineapple & Coconut continues....

As Pineapple watched Coconut begin walking away she began feeling a deep emptiness. She realized how others kept their distance due to her overwhelming personality.

Before Coconut got to far he turned around & began walking back to Pineapple. He wasn't about to back down from what he wanted. He would make sweet Pineapple his.

As he approached Pineapple and she saw him Pineapple huffed, "What do you want?"
Coconut said, "How's about you have dinner with me?"
"No!" exclaimed Pineapple.
"Why not, you afraid of me?" Coconut goaded.
"Of course not!" replied Pineapple.
"Oh come on, live a little, Pineapple. My friend Jamaican Rum is a great cook, and his girl, Vienna cream really wants to meet you. You are all I talk about around them."
"Really?" Pineapple said hopefully.
"Yeah." Said Coconut.
"Well, ok then." Said Pineapple shyly.

At Jamaican Rum's place Pineapple noticed what a sweet, light vanilla, smooth, &creamy personality Vienna had. And for a guy Jamaican Rum was quite a sweetheart himself. Will these four continue their friendship? Will their %'s change? Will one walk away? Will they meet another friend?

Suggested blend

1% FA Pineapple
1% FA Coconut
1% FA Vienna cream
1% FA Jamaican Rum
Ooo Ooo, that's good when fresh Daintanee. I'm going to let Pineapple and Coconut settle down after that wild "dinner" party and have a good steep. They usually do. Reality hits, ya know. Then I'll see what changes might be needed, if any.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooo Ooo, that's good when fresh Daintanee. I'm going to let Pineapple and Coconut settle down after that wild "dinner" party and have a good steep. They usually do. Reality hits, ya know. Then I'll see what changes might be needed, if any.
Well thanks! Nit too shabby fresh, is it? You just want the four of them to "steep" together. Bawhahaha!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol! I'm so busted.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After letting it sit overnight and most of the day, I can think of nothing to add or take away. Good Job Daintanee.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rummy beach party? I don't know... Menage a quad?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People living together as a unit; a household. Menage a Trois means 3 people getting it on with each other.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is a new story line. I'm pretty sure everyone will recognize it.

The Flavor

In a bottle on a shelf there lived a Flavor. Not a nasty, dirty, crusty bottle, filled with
bits of worms and dust, nor yet a fancy hand blown glass bottle full of itself: it was a
Flavor's bottle and that means comfort.

Vanilla Classic was sitting on his front porch one bright sunny morning blowing smoke rings
and enjoying the calm day. When all of a sudden, up walks The Gray Mixmaster. Some sort of
wizard, the Mixmaster was mainly known for his meddling in the affairs of others.

Being a polite Flavor, Vanilla Classic greeted him "Good morning."
"And a good morning to you too, Vanilla Classic" replied the Mixmaster "i'm looking for a
solid Flavor to join in an adventure."

"Solid Flavors only stay solid when they avoid adventures and wizards." He retorted. With that he said
"Now go away old man." then strode to his door, entered, and slammed it shut.

The wizard mumbled to himself while carving an Ohm symbol on the door. "You can't sit and
pleasure yourself all the time Vanilla Classic, It's not natural."

Starting Recipe

FA Vanilla Classic 3%

Please feel free to continue the story and/or make suggestions to the flavors or the amounts.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a new story line. I'm pretty sure everyone will recognize it.

The Flavor

In a bottle on a shelf there lived a Flavor. Not a nasty, dirty, crusty bottle, filled with
bits of worms and dust, nor yet a fancy hand blown glass bottle full of itself: it was a
Flavor's bottle and that means comfort.

Vanilla Classic was sitting on his front porch one bright sunny morning blowing smoke rings
and enjoying the calm day. When all of a sudden, up walks The Gray Mixmaster. Some sort of
wizard, the Mixmaster was mainly known for his meddling in the affairs of others.

Being a polite Flavor, Vanilla Classic greeted him "Good morning."
"And a good morning to you too, Vanilla Classic" replied the Mixmaster "i'm looking for a
solid Flavor to join in an adventure."

"Solid Flavors only stay solid when they avoid adventures and wizards." He retorted. With that he said
"Now go away old man." then strode to his door, entered, and slammed it shut.

The wizard mumbled to himself while carving an Ohm symbol on the door. "You can't sit and
pleasure yourself all the time Vanilla Classic, It's not natural."

Starting Recipe

FA Vanilla Classic 3%

Please feel free to continue the story and/or make suggestions to the flavors or the amounts.

Your getting wierd......time for you to hit the river,and hunt the hatch..... and this is a great idea for a thread....

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm too old to hatch hunt any longer, but I agree that I'm a touch touched.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
never to old to fish...just stay out of the fast water
That's true, and I still do occasionally. However, stalking the elusive wild trout in wilderness areas is a bit beyond me now. But not always.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In Northern CA where the Cascade range meets the High Sierras. I fished mainly on Deer Creek, Mill creek and Antelope Creek in The Ishi Wilderness.
Now a days I occasionally fish the Feather River; it is accessible by car along the North Fork. I use both dry flies and nymphs. How about you?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh ho we're nieghbors I fish up east of Shasta the Pit and the McCloud ,Sac.....I fished up around graegle? on the feather..you know fish first in Chico.went steelheading a couple of years ago on the Klamath around wetchipec.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh ho we're nieghbors I fish up east of Shasta the Pit and the McCloud ,Sac.....I fished up around graegle? on the feather..you know fish first in Chico.went steelheading a couple of years ago on the Klamath around wetchipec.
That we are. I've fished the upper Sacramento river near Weed and once fished the McCloud in that protected section. It was catch and release if I remember right. That was over 25 years ago. There are some big trout in there.

I do know Fish First! A few months ago I purchased a new pair of scissors from them for cutting wicks. They work great.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I know the owners down in Albany ...I've done alot of cabnietry for their shops both in chico and albany, that's how I've financed most of the rods and gear I have.Yeah the Mc Cloud has some big fish I only go once in awhile because it gets hammered so much by people...usually I stick to the Pit it is hell to get around on that river and a bear to wade...it keeps the riff-raff off the river.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Flavor continued...

The next day Vanilla Classic had almost forgotten about the old wizard, as he did not remember things too well unless he wrote them down on his Engagement Tablet. Right before tea time there was a horrendous knock on the front door, and then he remembered in his flustered state yesterday he had invited the wizard to tea. He quickly put his kettle over the fire, placed cakes on the table along with an extra cup and saucer and ran to the door.

At the door stood a flavor dwarf, with a very creamy beard tucked into a golden belt, very fresh looking eyes seen beneath his smooth green hood. It was not the wizard after all. The dwarf immediately pushed himself inside the cottage as if he had been expected, hanging his cloak upon a peg.
"Fresh Cream at your service!" he said with a low bow.

"Vanilla Classic at yours!" said the flavor hobbit, too surprised to ask why he was here. After a moment of uncomfortable silence Vanilla Classic added, "I was just about to have tea; come have some with me."

Adding to Vanilla classic at 3%
try some Fresh Cream at 1%

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Excellent Daintanee. You caught the story line perfectly. I'll mix this and ponder it a while.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After considerable tasting and pondering...

They Hadn't been eating long, but to Vanilla Classic's mind it seemed like hours. He had no idea how
to converse with such an rough looking flavor. Since Fresh Cream seemed too busy eating to talk, he didn't even try.

There came another knock from the door. "Excuse me." Vanilla Classic said, but thought "Use the
bell or you'll scuff my door. That blasted Mixmaster."

The Flavor at the door, though white bearded, was certainly not the Mixmaster. "I see Fresh Cream
is here. The rest will be along." The dwarf said, "Anise at your service."and bowed low.

"Thank you" said Vanilla Classic. Not proper etiquette, but neither was strangers barging in for
dinner. He was worried about having enough to feed these two. There might not be enough for
himself.

"Come on in and Join us." sighed Vanilla Classic. He was feeling a bit put out serving dwarfs his
food and ale, but Vanilla Classic sat down and mixed in as best he could.

Recipe update.

3.0% FA Vanilla Classic
1.0% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Anise

Notes:
The Vanilla Classic is exactly as its name implies. A standard Vanilla.
The Fresh Cream reminds me of half and half.
The Anise brings a sweet goodness (magical concept) to the recipe.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll mix this up and take it on my trip tm. I will vape and drink merrily at the wedding and laugh. I will ponder this. So I won't be back till Monday to mix New stuff. Anyone want to kick a flavor out Vanillas door or add a flavor or two and or change %`s have at it, please! The more the merrier. No rules just fun and playing...learning...experimenting. TEAMWORK!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll mix this up and take it on my trip tm. I will vape and drink merrily at the wedding and laugh. I will ponder this. So I won't be back till Monday to mix New stuff. Anyone want to kick a flavor out Vanillas door or add a flavor or two and or change %`s have at it, please! The more the merrier. No rules just fun and playing...learning...experimenting. TEAMWORK!
Enjoy your trip Daintanee, and be a good girl at the wedding... na, never mind; Party Time!
We'll cover for you. Like she says if anyone wants to jump in and make changes feel free to. You can start a new storyline if you like. Who knows where it will lead. Or if you just want to ask a question, ask it. Anything Vape related is on the table.

See you Monday Daintanee.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After considerable tasting and pondering...

They Hadn't been eating long, but to Vanilla Classic's mind it seemed like hours. He had no idea how
to converse with such an rough looking flavor. Since Fresh Cream seemed too busy eating to talk, he didn't even try.

There came another knock from the door. "Excuse me." Vanilla Classic said, but thought "Use the
bell or you'll scuff my door. That blasted Mixmaster."

The Flavor at the door, though white bearded, was certainly not the Mixmaster. "I see Fresh Cream
is here. The rest will be along." The dwarf said, "Anise at your service."and bowed low.

"Thank you" said Vanilla Classic. Not proper etiquette, but neither was strangers barging in for
dinner. He was worried about having enough to feed these two. There might not be enough for
himself.

"Come on in and Join us." sighed Vanilla Classic. He was feeling a bit put out serving dwarfs his
food and ale, but Vanilla Classic sat down and mixed in as best he could.

Recipe update.

3.0% FA Vanilla Classic
1.0% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Anise

Notes:
The Vanilla Classic is exactly as its name implies. A standard Vanilla.
The Fresh Cream reminds me of half and half.
The Anise brings a sweet goodness (magical concept) to the recipe.
Well, this isn't too shabby. I did try Hic's key lime ice cream prior and need to rewick. That is one strong lingering tart vape. Every once in a while I get a taste of key lime...unique. Shall rewick after we set up camper to get true taste w,o lime.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, this isn't too shabby. I did try Hic's key lime ice cream prior and need to rewick. That is one strong lingering tart vape. Every once in a while I get a taste of key lime...unique. Shall rewick after we set up camper to get true taste w,o lime.
It'll settle down after a while. Did you mix it during your trip?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, mixed it b4 leaving. Made it about 36 hrs. Ago. My step mother in law is in love with it. I really like it too. Nice and smooth. That anise rocks in here! Seems to brighten up the vanilla & sweeten it.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, mixed it b4 leaving. Made it about 36 hrs. Ago. My step mother in law is in love with it. I really like it too. Nice and smooth. That anise rocks in here! Seems to brighten up the vanilla & sweeten it.
Yeah they do work together well. The fresh cream adds the body to the vanilla and the ainse adds sweet interest to the mix. That said, we aren't at the bad ass, all conquering for all time Vanilla Vape that we need to survive this adventure. :D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah they do work together well. The fresh cream adds the body to the vanilla and the ainse adds sweet interest to the mix. That said, we aren't at the bad ass, all conquering for all time Vanilla Vape that we need to survive this adventure. :D
She is of a simple mind, tis why we get along so well.

BackStory - The Foibles of Flavorings and their Fans

Welcome to BackStory. Here, @Daintanee and I hope to create a place to discuss DIY in a slightly different way. It is going to be a thread about specific flavors, percentages, and brands, their parentage, their bad habits, and their love lives, But most of all, it's going to be fun.

Yes, we are going to anthropomorphize (attribute human characteristics to) flavors.

This all came about with a post I made in the Flavour Art Club. Re-posted here:

------------------------------------------

Pear Affair

2.75% FA Pear
1.00% FA Cookie
1.00% FA Vienna Cream
1.00% FA Mango
0.50% FA Marshmallow
0.50% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.50% FA Vanilla Classic
0.50% FA Citrus Mix
0.25% FA Maple Syrup
0.25% FA Clove

Notes:
Pear: It's her party.
Cookie is invited everywhere.
Vienna Cream called Vanilla Classic and they decided to add some upscale taste to the party.
Mango figured Pear might need a bit of help.
Marshmallow came just to ogle Pear's bottom.
Cinnamon Ceylon snatched her husband Clove out of a poker game."You always come home smelling of cigars" she exclaimed as she dragged him to Pears bottle..
Citrus Mix and Maple Syrup hit it off surprisingly well, possibly setting off a new civil war with the birth of their son Bergamot.

Shake and vape.

This recipe is best vaped warm. How you make it so is your choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was well recived and then Daintanee posted this:

---------------------------------------------------------
No Caddy, I was making yours you silly boy! But I didn't know you left bergamot out, and guestimated you put .25% in.

So can I play too? I love stories! My husband, our kids, and I will go in turns telling parts of a story. We make up a lot of silliness .... like 2 big fat kids in search of a candy cottage.

Since I hate leaving people feel left out.....

Citrus mix and Maple syrup were distraught at their son bergamot leaving due to the war that began due to the monster of a mother in law named mango. Thy went in search of bergamot and found him with a honey and a white peach and returned home. Mango fell so in love with the sweet little honey and the bright white peach that the war ended and they all lived happily ever after.
Added .25% bergamot
.5% white peach
.5% honey
-----------------------------------------------------------------

We started talking behind the scenes and decided to see if perhaps others might like to join in, either commenting or started a new story with a flavor that is perplexing them.

In the end, we hope to learn a lot and have a bit of fun at the same time. Please join us.

To that end, here is the beginning of a recipe you might be interested in. I don't know where it will end up nor even if it will end.

Pineapple.

The fortunate daughter of tryst between Fuji Apple and a cactus with Japanese parentage that Fuji Apple

met while on a picture taking journey with her photography club in the Desert Southwest, was sitting at

the edge of the beach watching the surfers and wondering if this was all there was to existence.

Pineapple, startled by a sudden thump as Coconut falls down beside her splashing sand all over, jumps up.

"Hey, you brute, Go away" she yells.

"Hi there sweet stuff." cooed Coconut. "Want to mix it up a little?"

"No"

"You really enjoyed it last time."

"I know, but we're too strong together" said Pineapple "We're too overwhelming and people can

smell us a mile away."

"Yeah, I remember" replied Coconut, "the post office banned us, but it was worth it.

"Yeah." sighed Pineapple.

Starting point.

FA Pineapple 2.5%
FA Coconut 1.5%

Can you help Pineapple and Coconut in their quest to co-exist without annoying everyone else about them? Or will they have to just move on and forget their dreams.

Flavors, percentages, and brands are all fair game. Adding to the story is especially encouraged
Nice to see another fly flinger. Where do you hail from? I'm in Missouri do a bunch of warm water and wild trout here.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
THE FLAVOR...continued

Vanilla classic busied himself setting out more food for his uninvited dwarf flavors as he silently cursed the Mix Master beneath his breath. The more the flavors drank the louder they became with their talking and laughter, and banter.

Vanilla was becoming more irritated by the minute. He decided he needed a moment to collect himself so he quietly excused himself to go out front to have a quiet smoke from his pipe and to ponder how to politely rid himself of his UNINVITED, UNWANTED guests.

As soon as Vanilla classic walked outside, shut his door, and began to sit down he was greeted by 3 more flavor dwarves. " Ah Hell!", thought Vanilla Classic. The 3 flavors immediately introduced themselves, the 1st one proclaiming, "Vienna Cream." The 2nd stating, "Irish cream." The 3rd, "Malt." And then the 3 simultaneously bellowing, "At your service!"

"Oh my!" replied Vanilla Classic shockingly.

Suggested Recipe:
2% FA Vanilla classic
1.5% NF Malt
1% FA Vienna cream
.5% FA Irish cream

Our classic vanilla with some sweet, rich cream- Vienna. Add some Irish cream to boost the vanilla, making it deeper, a touch darker? Then through in NF malt and you have one heck of a good vanilla malt imo.

Last edited:

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice to see another fly flinger. Where do you hail from? I'm in Missouri do a bunch of warm water and wild trout here.
Welcome, I'm in Northern California.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
THE FLAVOR...continued

Vanilla classic busied himself setting out more food for his uninvited dwarf flavors as he silently cursed the Mix Master beneath his breath. The more the flavors drank the louder they became with their talking and laughter, and banter.

Vanilla was becoming more irritated by the minute. He decided he needed a moment to collect himself so he quietly excused himself to go out front to have a quiet smoke from his pipe and to ponder how to politely rid himself of his UNINVITED, UNWANTED guests.

As soon as Vanilla classic walked outside, shut his door, and began to sit down he was greeted by 3 more flavor dwarves. " Ah Hell!", thought Vanilla Classic. The 3 flavors immediately introduced themselves, the 1st one proclaiming, "Vienna Cream." The 2nd stating, "Irish cream." The 3rd, "Malt." And then the 3 simultaneously bellowing, "At your service!"

Suggested Recipe:
2% FA Vanilla classic
1.5% NF Malt
1% FA Vanilla classic
.5% FA Irish cream

Our classic vanilla with some sweet, rich cream- Vienna. Add some Irish cream to boost the vanilla, making it deeper, a touch darker? Then through in NF malt and you have one heck of a good vanilla malt imo.
I just realized you posted. Sometimes I can be as blind as a bat. I'll mix this right away.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
THE FLAVOR...continued

Suggested Recipe:
2% FA Vanilla classic
1.5% NF Malt
1% FA Vanilla classic
.5% FA Irish cream

Is one of those Vanillas supposed to be Vienna Cream?

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok. I guess I am. I might have eye surgery on the 29th of this month. Or it might just be a preliminary appointment. Its a long story involving a pterigiam, (sp), a lens, the VA, two doctors, and two surgeries for one eye. It is playing out over the next couple of months. Sigh... I wish it were over.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They can. Both surgeries are minor, but getting them to actually do it is a pain. Too much bureaucracy to wade through.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They can. Both surgeries are minor, but getting them to actually do it is a pain. Too much bureaucracy to wade through.
I know, I think it is stupid that those who served have to go to certain doctors. You should have your choice of the lot as well as be prioritized. Oh, Caddy, it was my bad. I was pulling your leg. I wasn't being very nice. I love you! Do you have to be awake during surgery? My husband got a metal fragment in his eye and had to keep his eye open while they took it out.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't bothered at all! You should harass me every chance you get. I'll return the favor. :D. I'll be awake and watching the surgery. Should be a trip.
As long as the recipe it is right now, I can get to mixing.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't bothered at all! You should harass me every chance you get. I'll return the favor. :D. I'll be awake and watching the surgery. Should be a trip.
As long as the recipe it is right now, I can get to mixing.
Man, I could not do it! No way! I'd stay blind due to fear. A trip? That's creepy. How is one to hold still as things are put in one's eyes. No thank you.

Yes recipe is right now. You got malt? I think you'll like this. Maybe next we can work on that nut cake if ever we perfect the Uliimate vanilla. We could just empty our brains into a cake.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm working on a update right now as a matter of fact. It'll be ready sometime tomorrow if no one beats me to it before hand. I've got an unopened bottle of Malt itching to be used.

I got a hundred different flavors and 8 dwarfs to pick from... lets see... decisions, decisions...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wllmc sent me a 3ml. malt and croissant sample in my last order or I'd never have tried it. Still haven't been adventurous enough to try croissant.

VU Sponsors