caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool. I wonder if that croissant will provide the missing ingredient in my cake failures. You never know. Try it and let me know what you think.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of a sudden the coils I'm building taste burnt on subtank. Getting poed! I try less/ more cotton. Ideas? Rba not melting, just can't get above 10 watts on 1 ohm or 12watts on .6 ohm.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All of a sudden the coils I'm building taste burnt on subtank. Getting poed! I try less/ more cotton. Ideas? Rba not melting, just can't get above 10 watts on 1 ohm or 12watts on .6 ohm.
If you tighten your airflow you will suck in more juice. It also won't vaporize as much of the juice. Or it seems that way to me. A larger inside diameter of the coil and open space between the loops of the coil should also help.. Most likely it is a combination of all of these. What gauge wire are you using?

You want your wick to be able to slide through the coil by pulling on the ends, and not bunching. If so, use less cotton, but make sure the cotton is touching the inside of the coil all the way around. Hope that helps.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you tighten your airflow you will suck in more juice. It also won't vaporize as much of the juice. Or it seems that way to me. A larger inside diameter of the coil and open space between the loops of the coil should also help.. Most likely it is a combination of all of these. What gauge wire are you using?

You want your wick to be able to slide through the coil by pulling on the ends, and not bunching. If so, use less cotton, but make sure the cotton is touching the inside of the coil all the way around. Hope that helps.
It's a learning experience. I only have 28 gauge...making 1 ohm. Coils, but had some .6 ohm pre made with 26. Open rda and cotton is dry. Mix is 50/50. Re wet cotton and took a little more out and seems okay 1 ohm at 12 watts. Oh yeah I messed with airflow to no avail. Trying 14 watts now, but I am a chain vaper. On a side note you were right. I now prefer to sub ohm .6 ohm coil at 14 - 20 watts is real nice..burnt hits are dreadful though when they come along.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going good at 14 watts chain vapin'! Wide open. Awesome at 16 watts middle hole. Thanks Caddisfly!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a learning experience. I only have 28 gauge...making 1 ohm. Coils, but had some .6 ohm pre made with 26. Open rda and cotton is dry. Mix is 50/50. Re wet cotton and took a little more out and seems okay 1 ohm at 12 watts. Oh yeah I messed with airflow to no avail. Trying 14 watts now, but I am a chain vaper. On a side note you were right. I now prefer to sub ohm .6 ohm coil at 14 - 20 watts is real nice..burnt hits are dreadful though when they come along.
Dry Hits. You got that right. To put them away forever, I picked up an IPV4 with temperature control. I've just had it since Monday and am just learning how to coil it. I feel like a novice again. So far I have only been able to get it to work right with my Tugboat RDA and my Kayfun 4. No luck with the Subtank yet, though I have tried. That nickel wire is touchy to work with.

I tried out your latest. Nice work, but I think I here some more dwarfs approaching...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Croissant flavor= potent. @ 1% It should be called tart lemon croissant. Very nice tart sugary lemon flavor plus croissant...like actual croissant. Not cakey. Very tart. So I'm in love. It's like the tart lemon filling in a lemon filled torte made with real lemons and lemon peel, but not a tort, a baked lemon croissant.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's wllmcs fault not mine. I would have never ordered croissant or malt. He put tiny samples in my order. 3 ml. Of croissant will last me a long ttime.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a story written out in notebook, but the Blocker won't let me post it. I tried to write it here, but something is in it that keeps setting off the blocker. So, I'll just post the recipe.

3.0% FA Vanilla Classic
1.5% NF Malt
1.0% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Irish Cream
0.5% FA Tiramisu
0.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon
0.25% FA Brandy

I think it turned out pretty good, but each to his/her own.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know. It didn't last long enough. Did you taste much coffee? I just barely taste it. I'll mix up another 12ml and set it aside. It might need adjusting. Thanks for the info on tiramisu.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks really good! You guys work so well together, and keep me in stitches. :) Thanks!
Join us! Who cares if we mess up. We can share success & failure all together. That way we fail less and succeed more...I think. We then learn from one another's fall outs. It don't have to b a story. Caddisfly and I were hoping for others to join in. Totally different from posting recipes set in stone. We figured this would be a lightweighted way to share, add on, take out, change %'s and develops recipes in group effort while having fun playing together. We just want to be like kids. We want MANY friends to play with!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, well I have enough to test tm. No coffee taste now, maybe tm., but bet it's still tasty. I mixed up 12ml. Also. I made 6 of mine this morning and added another 6 this afternoon adding your additions and adjusting so it would b what you made. I think, sometimes I get a bit confused. Haha. At any rate I have the right amount of tiramisu, Irish cream, brandy, and both vanillas. Think malt and Vienna is right. I'm a mess. Oh me. Oh us!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors