Become a Patron!

Being broke sucks.

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm still fairly new but I feel I learn more everyday! I am currently on a 900mah eGo and a 1600mah Spinner II with either an eLeaf mini tank or a Nautilus Mini. Per the title, I am pretty broke right now. Stress vaping makes it difficult to cut back, but buying coils and juice every week burns quite the hole in my pocket. Can I get some suggestions on where I should look for juice and maybe if going rebuildables would be a good move for me? Cheaper over time? Where to look for wire?

Would building a 1.6 ohm coil into my Nautilus Mini on my Spinner II be a bad idea?

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Look into DIY juice and rebuilding

How expensive are the replacement heads for the eleaf? I know the Nautilus ones are expensive that's why I haven't bought one, sticking with my $5 evod lol

Last edited by a moderator:

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The eleaf heads are about half if I remember correctly. But the nautilus heads seem to last me much longer.

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was just looking into this myself - check this out:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/micro-coil-how-to.2586/

Awesome article! It was a RipTrippers video(I know, annoying jump cuts and the guy's youtube personality gets old fast, but good tutorials!) on specifically building a coil for the Nautilus and how to install it.

Oop, just saved myself an ohm meter purchase! A cheap multimeter from harbor freight works just fine if you know how to do it. Which I didn't, until I watched this video!

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
check out chi-town vapors for juice 3 30ml bottles $30.00 free shipping I havent found a juice i did'nt like banana cream is my favorite!! They make it as you order onsite Karen is awsome good people...

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Diacetyl and such free? I assure you! I know the owner and she is extremely picky about such things! What kind of flavors do you like?

Awesome Uncle RJ! I tend to like the fruits like dragon and pomegranate, with sweetness since I also tend to go for as much VG as I can get! That said, I did find one of Vaperites premium menthol flavors to be great, but it has a slight sweet melon to it that really had me sold. Have only found one custard that I liked, though I haven't tried too many desert flavors, but Starship 1 is a new favorite of mine. But I tend to rip through 15mls in a few days or less, 30mls is a guaranteed week+ for me though.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm still fairly new but I feel I learn more everyday! I am currently on a 900mah eGo and a 1600mah Spinner II with either an eLeaf mini tank or a Nautilus Mini. Per the title, I am pretty broke right now. Stress vaping makes it difficult to cut back, but buying coils and juice every week burns quite the hole in my pocket. Can I get some suggestions on where I should look for juice and maybe if going rebuildables would be a good move for me? Cheaper over time? Where to look for wire?

Would building a 1.6 ohm coil into my Nautilus Mini on my Spinner II be a bad idea?
I have a different mindset about this... here's a few thoughts to ponder...
#1 Dripping uses more juice, thus costing you more $$
#2 Drippers and mods are far more expensive than ego/evod type batteries.. or even Variable Voltage... and clearos or tanks... you would have to buy all these things...
  • RBA/RDA
  • Wick
  • Wire
  • Mod
  • Batteries
  • Charger
#3 Is your vape budget exceeding what you WOULD have spent on cigarettes?
#4 Remember why you are vaping... it's about staying off cigarettes on a budget you CAN afford.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebuilding definitely saves money. DIY juice saves money. But just like your first starter kit, there's a buy-in involved. Also just like your first starter kit: your buy-in won't cost more than what you would have spent had you not gotten it. Over a relatively short time you'll cut your spending into way less than half. Probably DIYing juice is the more expensive thing to suddenly start doing, because you're getting big bottles of a variety of stuff, plus jars and whatnot. But i'm told you'll be spending pennies for what you used to get for $15/30ml.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rebuilding definitely saves money. DIY juice saves money. But just like your first starter kit, there's a buy-in involved. Also just like your first starter kit: your buy-in won't cost more than what you would have spent had you not gotten it. Over a relatively short time you'll cut your spending into way less than half. Probably DIYing juice is the more expensive thing to suddenly start doing, because you're getting big bottles of a variety of stuff, plus jars and whatnot. But i'm told you'll be spending pennies for what you used to get for $15/30ml.
Building my own coils and making my own juice definitely has my costs way below where they were for cigarettes. Yes, my initial investment was much higher, but now I'm set up for quite a while.
The non-financial benefits are also innumerable. I get to vape at work, while my girlfriend (who smokes) has to wait until our breaks to get her nicotine fix. The health benefits are priceless, as well.
Good luck with your new kit, when you decide which direction to go in.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebuilding not only saves money compared to buying replacement heads at $2.50 to $5 a pop, it is a much more satisfying vape.

You don't have to spend a ton, you can pick up a 4nine for $13 and an orchid V2 for $13 at FastTech. A good 18650 battery from a reputable online store or local shop for $12 and a charger. That would be one hell of a setup for super cheap.

Maybe it wont happen all in one purchase but once you have it together you will save money and enjoy vaping a lot more.

Gotta agree with chickenmonkey, 28g wire is a great choice if your only buying one spool.

I've seen a pay it forward box on this site, maybe you can get some gear from that to help get you going. That's one heck of a big box to pay shipping on though and probably a long wait... other forum has a pif thread where people just post what they have collecting dust and those in need ask for it. That would spread the love a little faster, maybe this forum has one like that and I haven't seen it.

If you do get some stuff together, hit me up by PM and I'll mail a few feet of 28g and a few months worth of cellucotton and Japanese cotton to cover that need.

2 weeks free shipping...
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1772708
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hid-v2-styled-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-2-5-3
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001638/1327201-nitecore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart

Just some suggestions, you will find many different styles and get a mod & atty for the same price as a vv ego in the US.

Last edited:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive found more help, more info and more good people here, than on any other forum I have ever been on. Keep it Foggy!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm exhausted from dancing all night for one of my side jobs, and I wish I was able to answer all of yall but I'm almost about to cry from how awesome the people on this forum continue to be. Good night and I will be back tomorrow!

are you a chippendale? :p

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Totally agree, now that I have mod, rda and rba, wire, japanese cotton ohm meter, diy liquid supplies, I haven't spent any money on vaping for a month now. I won't need to for many more.

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a different mindset about this... here's a few thoughts to ponder...
#1 Dripping uses more juice, thus costing you more $$
#2 Drippers and mods are far more expensive than ego/evod type batteries.. or even Variable Voltage... and clearos or tanks... you would have to buy all these things...
  • RBA/RDA
  • Wick
  • Wire
  • Mod
  • Batteries
  • Charger
#3 Is your vape budget exceeding what you WOULD have spent on cigarettes?
#4 Remember why you are vaping... it's about staying off cigarettes on a budget you CAN afford.

I think I will be saving to get started or buying bit by bit to get a copper mech mod set up so I can get wire and cotton and just get juice for a while. Your points are very valid, but my eGos are not lasting me to cover my cravings, but I do have to keep my budget in mind and be smart about this transition! Thank you!

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thank you! Celtic Fog already PM'd me with some DIY advice and good places to order quality inexpensive juice, with some great suggestions too!

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rebuilding not only saves money compared to buying replacement heads at $2.50 to $5 a pop, it is a much more satisfying vape.

You don't have to spend a ton, you can pick up a 4nine for $13 and an orchid V2 for $13 at FastTech. A good 18650 battery from a reputable online store or local shop for $12 and a charger. That would be one hell of a setup for super cheap.

Maybe it wont happen all in one purchase but once you have it together you will save money and enjoy vaping a lot more.

Gotta agree with chickenmonkey, 28g wire is a great choice if your only buying one spool.

I've seen a pay it forward box on this site, maybe you can get some gear from that to help get you going. That's one heck of a big box to pay shipping on though and probably a long wait... other forum has a pif thread where people just post what they have collecting dust and those in need ask for it. That would spread the love a little faster, maybe this forum has one like that and I haven't seen it.

If you do get some stuff together, hit me up by PM and I'll mail a few feet of 28g and a few months worth of cellucotton and Japanese cotton to cover that need.

2 weeks free shipping...
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1772708
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hid-v2-styled-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-2-5-3
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001638/1327201-nitecore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart

Just some suggestions, you will find many different styles and get a mod & atty for the same price as a vv ego in the US.

Simply amazing, thank you!

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
are you a chippendale? :p

Go-Go dancer on occasion. Hopefully Pride coming up will be good money for me, but so many drunk people tend to get grabby. :cool:EDIT<- this smiley looks totally different on my phone than on my computer.

Last edited:

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I will be saving to get started or buying bit by bit to get a copper mech mod set up so I can get wire and cotton and just get juice for a while. Your points are very valid, but my eGos are not lasting me to cover my cravings, but I do have to keep my budget in mind and be smart about this transition! Thank you!
If you go with copper, be prepared for the day when the 510 threads are too worn to hold your atty. That metal is soft. Same with cheap brass. They also tarnish, which looks cool, but requires work to clean the threads and inside, since it's the chassis which carries the negative. Personally, i would recommend stainless steel for durability. Any voltage drop is negligible, unless you're a sport vaper.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try twerking, more tips and you'll be buying authentics and drinking champagne :)

Seriously though, once you are getting close to having your setup together PM me and I'll drop one part of your need in the mail. I have a lifetime supply of cellucotton and Japanese cotton lol multiple spools of wire & $0.50 postage is no sweat.

Last edited:

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try twerking, more tips and you'll be buying authentics and drinking champagne :)

Seriously though, once you are getting close to having your setup together PM me and I'll drop one part of your need in the mail. I have a lifetime supply of cellucotton and Japanese cotton lol multiple spools of wire & $0.50 postage is no sweat.

I'm pretty good at shaking it, but I don't make much in tips. I think the crowd knows I'm not gay. Not that they don't stare all night. The owner pays me to show up though and is a real fun gig when people can be respectful and have fun.

And thank you, I'll definitely let you know!

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please post video k thx

I don't normally allow photos, but our crowd was very mixed last night due to a music festival nearby. So I'm sure there are plenty of videos and photos of me on the box. http://imgur.com/WMiohVv that's after they finished painting me. Time to go to work, see you later, you wonderful people!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I "Shake It" most people thing I am having some kind of a fit or even a stroke.

So I try not to do it in public anymore :)

giggle.gif
booger!

Vaping Roo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
looks like a fun place I want to go lol
Hi cherrycakes, I just love your banner and have gone to reddit to create one. However, I am having trouble working out where to place it on this forum, any help would be appreciated.

"To use your new signature banner in a forum that uses BBCODE, select and copy everything in the box below and paste it into your signature setup on the forum"

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi cherrycakes, I just love your banner and have gone to reddit to create one. However, I am having trouble working out where to place it on this forum, any help would be appreciated.

"To use your new signature banner in a forum that uses BBCODE, select and copy everything in the box below and paste it into your signature setup on the forum"
I'm on my phone ATM but u should be able to go into your vu profile and then click edit signature then copy and paste the code in the box

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its the "cool thing" right now to be anti-Celtic.....lol. I stuck up for a couple of people here and the cool kids didn't like that hehehehe;)

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
reasons why i diy...
1. i'm broke as a joke
reasons why i RDA a IGo-w3
See #1
Reasons why i do one flavor at a time
See #1
reason why i use a clone
See #1

Reasons why i am happy to get an authentic when i can
See #1

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Humm, guess I have to start thinking outside the norm. Raves and clubs just won't do for me. Anybody got an idea what an ancient decrepit Derelict could do for some vapeincome? Worked 46 years continuously outside in a technical field prior to having health/heart issues and won't be eligible for SS for another 6 months. Ugly, obnoxious, stubborn, and these are just some of my better traits!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Humm, guess I have to start thinking outside the norm. Raves and clubs just won't do for me. Anybody got an idea what an ancient decrepit Derelict could do for some vapeincome? Worked 46 years continuously outside in a technical field prior to having health/heart issues and won't be eligible for SS for another 6 months. Ugly, obnoxious, stubborn, and these are just some of my better traits!
door greeter at Wal-Mart?

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found the 4nine that I'd like, still trying to decide on which atomizer to start with. Also not sure what the best batteries would be, since I don't want to cheap out on the most important part! I chain vape, and am certainly doing a number on my eGos, some days I go through 4mls of juice or more. Out of the Orchid, Aqua, Big Dripper, and the Kayfun lite plus V2, which would be ideal for my needs?

VU Sponsors