Become a Patron!

Best Quad Battery Regulated Mod?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
FYI i spoke with the devs from arctic fox. they confirmed all my suspicions and results about the RX300. Copy and pasted below from another thread

Alright update people. I had a good chat with the devs from arctic fox. 1st off really nice people, really smart, really informative and i'm sure you all know this. Here is some important info that isn't mine but directly from them and further echos what i said

In regards to my comment about how all their new mods (rx300, evic primo v1 and v2, predator, cuboid tap, exo skeleton) are crappy mods

As for Joyetech & Co., then at least we have the concept of many of his illnesses, and we can at least help, to warn the user, to dissuade from purchase unsuccessful model.
But, yes, we are fully reaping the fruits of popularity. With each new model, the number of problems grows exponentially. And the most sad, this is a 100% bad build quality, poor quality control, everything is bad, except for the electronics itself. A creepy candy with a very good stuffing. The shell spoils everything...

basically the short version is the chip itself is good but everything else on the mod sucks

Then in regards to me saying how their firmware can't fix the hardware issues (like I've stated many times) he replied

AF make it worse instead. I start a nervous tic from each new topic with a "Atomizer short" mention. On the quality assembled hardware all works great. And how can this be explained to the user that he have to take the screwdriver and rebuild brand new box? :D

flat out he said AF actually makes the mod worse. the reason behind this? he explained (Short version) joyetech/wismec actually built into their firmware a workaround to their poor hardware. to make the mod appear to work when it shouldn't. that is why during my testing i get really incosistent results. that's why the chip kicks you out of TC. that's why the signal is shaky.

Then i went on to say maybe they should focus more on supporting the eleaf mods as in my experiance (which is limited when it comes to eleaf) their mods have been solid. I'm currently working on a pico 25 kit review and it has been doing a good job. he replaied

The real Eleaf fail was only QC 200 - battery quality is disgusting.
I have Pico 75 and Pico 25. Old Pico has no issues at all. Pico 25 has horrible body, and I had to disassemble it and wash PCB off the flux residues (it incorrectly measured atomizer while charging). Otherwise, yes, everything is just fine, I'm not disappointed in this new model at all.

So the pico's are good mods in this opinion, but the QC200 sucked.

then he went on to say some really kind words towards me

If you emphasize in your reviews that recently the purchase of new models from Joyetech & Co. turns into Russian roulette, and custom firmware is not a panacea, and it should not be a decisive reason for choosing - we and many others will be very grateful. Aggressive marketing should not harm users in any way, and users should know the whole state of things, objectively and truthfully.

he flat out says that they are grateful that i tell people how installing AF won't make their bad device good all of a sudden. that people should know the objective truth

So there you have it, right from AF that their firmware not only doesn't make the mods better, it actually makes them worse in many cases. not only that but if you look through their forums that are only a couple months old, a large majority of it is all issues with the devices due to hardware

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That guy was just saying the other day that the reuleaux was awesome IF you replace the 510 and wiring......http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hugo-boxer-v2-or-reuleaux-rx2-3.336135/
Yeah I told him that lol. But it's stupid to buy a 40 dollar mod and have to modify it to make it decent. You also have to ground the chip off the 510. He's just a crazy wismec fan who started vaping a few months ago and only has 2 regulated mods both wismec but claims they are the greatest. It's hilarious

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
40 dollar mod plus a guy who "upgrades" it for 60 just buy a 100 dollar mod

Brad what have you done! now you've invited the troll to respond about why it wasn't 60 it was in fact 59.99 and you'll get into a never ending debate over why you don't understand the value of one cent :facepalm:

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes it is. Best of the quad. Battery mods I have

Your wording of this causes me to ask which is the best mod that you have. Granted it probably should be over 100 watts since that's where most things are now adays.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sigelei seems to be making some pretty good stuff lately and flying under the radar seemingly unnoticed. The slyder tank they make hasn't got the hoopla other tanks have gotten but it's hands down the best tank made right now. I base that on having them and having the smok tanks the Sigelei clearly is made better ! The Snow wolf 365 I played with it and it was rock solid then I gave it to my son and he's been vaping the crap out of it with no problems at all.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sigelei seems to be making some pretty good stuff lately and flying under the radar seemingly unnoticed. The slyder tank they make hasn't got the hoopla other tanks have gotten but it's hands down the best tank made right now. I base that on having them and having the smok tanks the Sigelei clearly is made better ! The Snow wolf 365 I played with it and it was rock solid then I gave it to my son and he's been vaping the crap out of it with no problems at all.
Yeah the kaos, fuchai duo, and snow wolf 365 are all solid mods. And their 2 new ones the vfeng and mt look cool

VU Sponsors