Become a Patron!

Best RDA

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a 2puffs last night and I'm feeling a little let down. The deck is really small and i have to drip a lot more frequently than my velocity mini. The posts are also pretty short but that's not as important to me as i only build dual coils and am pretty happy with that build. The casing is really loose and i don't want to have to use dental floss to make an o-ring. I just want to fill and vape. So what do you all suggest as a good rda that holds more juice than my velocity mini and has fairly tall posts? We already spent $60 on the authentic 2puffs, so comparable is fine especially if our b&m shop will swap it for us

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a big fan of the indestructible, and my darkhorse. The indestructible is a 4 post while the darkhorse is a 3 post. Both side airflow and hold at least 1 ml juice in reserve when Scottish rolling the wick

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking the best RDA for juice capacity would be one with a tank in the bottom ...

...just saying.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i dont mind the redrip factor, if you want a tank, get a tank.
my favorite rda is the goon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i dont mind the redrip factor, if you want a tank, get a tank.
my favorite rda is the goon.

I don't want a tank. I like excessive clouds. I was thinking of the DOG3 or Double Vision. Any input?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love the Troll 25 mm. Holds a ton of juice. I'm able to build 4 mm coils with plenty of room to spare.

But my favorite RDA still is the Aeronaut.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want the cloud production of a dripper give the tfv8 a try. It's a ridiculous tank. It may not chuck out clouds like my temple rda with a stupidly excessive build but it is impressive for a tank

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want the cloud production of a dripper give the tfv8 a try. It's a ridiculous tank. It may not chuck out clouds like my temple rda with a stupidly excessive build but it is impressive for a tank
My husband has the tfv4 and he just bought another one with the cloud master and he feels pretty let down :(

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do enjoy building but i would like a tank to use when I can't drip, like when I'm driving. I'd need a 510 because I have a kbox 120 and it drops when i use them so i can't use other tanks with different connections

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My husband has the tfv4 and he just bought another one with the cloud master and he feels pretty let down :(

The v4 and v8 have some significant differences, unfortunately I have ALWAYS been a dripper guy, so my experience with tanks is very limited

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The v4 and v8 have some significant differences, unfortunately I have ALWAYS been a dripper guy, so my experience with tanks is very limited
Actually, he just took his sister to one of the b&m shops so she could buy a new mod and she got the v8 and traded him for his v4. So now we have the v8 too lol. I might take the cleito my niece bought him in place of my previous version of the cleito. I still want a new RDA though. I do like the clapton atty that comes with the tfv8. Eventually, I'll learn to build those too.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking the best RDA for juice capacity would be one with a tank in the bottom ...

...just saying.
Oh, i did see one at my fav shop (which i unfortunately forgot the name of) and was informed that if you happen to knock your mod over, it would spill and there goes your reserve. And I'm extremely accident prone and i keep my mod in my pocket, which sits sideways when I sit down anyway, so i figured it wouldn't be a good idea

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, i did see one at my fav shop (which i unfortunately forgot the name of) and was informed that if you happen to knock your mod over, it would spill and there goes your reserve. And I'm extremely accident prone and i keep my mod in my pocket, which sits sideways when I sit down anyway, so i figured it wouldn't be a good idea

Have heard varying things re that - with the ones I have used have not once had a leak.. but I also tend to keep em mostly vertical and wick a bit tight. All personal preference and habits I suppose. For roughly 30 bux to try one out might be worth it, to see if that style would work for you.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the Troll 25 mm. Holds a ton of juice. I'm able to build 4 mm coils with plenty of room to spare.

But my favorite RDA still is the Aeronaut.
I just took a look at the aeronaut and omg, i think i want one. I'm just worried I'd be one of the people who aren't able to get it right no matter what I do. I'm new to building and have only done the velocity mini clone and the 2puffs.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have heard varying things re that - with the ones I have used have not once had a leak.. but I also tend to keep em mostly vertical and wick a bit tight. All personal preference and habits I suppose. For roughly 30 bux to try one out might be worth it, to see if that style would work for you.
My preferred shop is closed on mondays so I'd have to look tomorrow, but my hubby is talking about waiting until next payday to get one :(

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just took a look at the aeronaut and omg, i think i want one. I'm just worried I'd be one of the people who aren't able to get it right no matter what I do. I'm new to building and have only done the velocity mini clone and the 2puffs.

Its easier than what it looks. I build a 3.5 mm dual coil on mine, with one wick. The trick is, use a post inside the coils. This keeps the coils in place while fastening the clamps. The airflow is truly amazing. Top and bottom airflow produces big, smooth, flavorful clouds. :) I haven't measured how much juice it holds. But, my guess would be at least 3 ml.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its easier than what it looks. I build a 3.5 mm dual coil on mine, with one wick. The trick is, use a post inside the coils. This keeps the coils in place while fastening the clamps. The airflow is truly amazing. Top and bottom airflow produces big, smooth, flavorful clouds. :) I haven't measured how much juice it holds. But, my guess would be at least 3 ml.
Wow, thats insane! I'd have to watch a vid to understand how to really build it right

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't want a tank. I like excessive clouds. I was thinking of the DOG3 or Double Vision. Any input?

double vision is top shelf. all compvape atomizers are premium imo, theyre one of the only companies id give a 100% track record to.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, well, I've already decided that the aeronaut is my new rda, but now i want it in my hand right now and I want fused clapton wire and supima cotton to go with it. Question is, in a year since these vids, have b&m's started carrying the aeronaut?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
double vision is top shelf. all compvape atomizers are premium imo, theyre one of the only companies id give a 100% track record to.

Have you tried the aeronaut too? I'm pretty sold on that one. But the double vision looks pretty badass

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
If you want tall velocity style posts a "so horney" may be for you...i have 7 of them with dual,quad and 6 coil setups..clones are under $15...if the name doesn't put you off then you may want to give them a look..the juice well is pretty deep too20160420_230612.jpg
20160831_192515.jpg

Happy hunting

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If you want tall velocity style posts a "so horney" may be for you...i have 7 of them with dual,quad and 6 coil setups..clones are under $15...if the name doesn't put you off then you may want to give them a look..the juice well is pretty deep tooView attachment 60846
View attachment 60847

Happy hunting
The only issue I have with the so horney (and I love it personally overall) is you always have to keep dripping. The top coils will never wick by themselves. Also it's so airy that you need to build for giant clouds or you get nothing. Personally I find it works best with 2 massive clapton coils and the top airflow closed off and bottom 2 wide open

I recommend the Tsunami 24 overall. The pharaoh looks nice but I don't own one yet to recommend it

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Damn, well, I've already decided that the aeronaut is my new rda, but now i want it in my hand right now and I want fused clapton wire and supima cotton to go with it. Question is, in a year since these vids, have b&m's started carrying the aeronaut?

I like the aeronaut, I'm using it right now actually. My 1 negative is it's limited in the builds you can put on it. What i found works best is using some SS316L fused clapton wire. 3 wraps .16ohm and 65 watts. The good is you can put a ton of juice in it and it doesn't leak. You can also just drip down the top to refillt without removing the cap

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Eciggity carries the Aeronaut.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eciggity carries the Aeronaut.
I did get the double vision since it was local. I'll have to wait for the aeronaut till next payday, but i want to make this one kick out some massive plumes. I just notice a lot of spitback with a Scottish roll. About killed me. I didn't get much pizzazz from the fused clapton i just picked up. Maybe too many wraps?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did get the double vision since it was local. I'll have to wait for the aeronaut till next payday, but i want to make this one kick out some massive plumes. I just notice a lot of spitback with a Scottish roll. About killed me. I didn't get much pizzazz from the fused clapton i just picked up. Maybe too many wraps?

That's kewl :) Try a build using simple coils. Where the wraps touch each other. I never get spit back with them.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's kewl :) Try a build using simple coils. Where the wraps touch each other. I never get spit back with them.
76a8dfc7e2f8b2806a7a241c3a4ed022.jpg

This is the second deck

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet ! Make sure it's tightened down well.
Yeah, I learned that a few builds ago lol. I went into a shop and asked why it was losing density and they tightened my pins. Much better

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I learned that a few builds ago lol. I went into a shop and asked why it was losing density and they tightened my pins. Much better

Awesome :) Do you use ceramic tweezers to get the coils heating in sync ?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
twisted messes squared and Tsunami are my two current favorites. They both hold a good amount of juice.

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
The only issue I have with the so horney (and I love it personally overall) is you always have to keep dripping. The top coils will never wick by themselves. Also it's so airy that you need to build for giant clouds or you get nothing. Personally I find it works best with 2 massive clapton coils and the top airflow closed off and bottom 2 wide open

Yup got one setup with dual aliens and its pretty good....
But I don't get any wicking issues on the top coils as I have plenty cotton at the top..

And on the 6 coil builds its impossible for me to get burnt hits due to the way I control the juice flow to the coils...(Cotton never touches the coils)...
The reason I joined this forum back in May was to share how I "remote wick" my builds to avoid burnt hits...with a bit of a tutorial on how I do it...
I'm a lazy vaper and only drip from the top through the wide bore and only remove the cap when I replace the cotton and do a dry burn...(which is 6 to 8 weeks) cos that's how long the cotton lasts using the remote wicking method...

Spiral rolled pure 316L #500 industrial grade filter mesh(unoxidized) through the coils...bedded into a single long length of cotton...huge clouds.. ridiculously strong flavour from this method...
20160826_090322.jpg

20160421_203947.jpg

20160421_204335.jpg

20160421_204347-1.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
But I don't get any wicking issues on the top coils as I have plenty cotton at the top..

And on the 6 coil builds its impossible for me to get burnt hits due to the way I control the juice flow to the coils...(Cotton never touches the coils)...
The reason I joined this forum back in May was to share how I "remote wick" my builds to avoid burnt hits...with a bit of a tutorial on how I do it...
I'm a lazy vaper and only drip from the top through the wide bore and only remove the cap when I replace the cotton and do a dry burn...(which is 6 to 8 weeks) cos that's how long the cotton lasts using the remote wicking method...

Spiral rolled pure 316L #500 industrial grade filter mesh(unoxidized) through the coils...bedded into a single long length of cotton...huge clouds.. ridiculously strong flavour from this method...
View attachment 60882

View attachment 60883

View attachment 60884

View attachment 60885
well shit, that looks pretty awesome. +1 to you sir

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 60882

View attachment 60883

View attachment 60884

View attachment 60885
Surprised you're not getting shorts from using the mesh. Is it from the thicker wire ? I had such a hard time with Genesis atties.

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
24 AWG 2mm bore..and mesh doesn't touch the posts.. but no shorts as I insert the rolled mesh then reverse roll it with a wooden toothpick through the centre to press it very firmly against the inner coil wall to avoid gaps/shorts...
Seems to work lol
And I don't oxidize the mesh cos it would clog up the 1 thou diameter holes (which would stop the capillary/archamedes screw type action I was after)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
24 AWG 2mm bore..but no shorts as I insert the rolled mesh then reverse roll it with a wooden toothpick through the centre to press it very firmly against the inner coil wall to avoid gaps/shorts...
Seems to work lol
And I don't oxidize the mesh cos it would clog up the 1 thou diameter holes (which would stop the capillary/archamedes screw type action I was after)
Nice ! I'll have to try this method of yours. Thanks man ! :)

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
as far as what i bring into consideration to declare an rda a good one or a bad one, juice well is on the bottom of the list.
it pretty much comes down to flavor and vapor production and how that is in relation to deck capabilities (size) and airflow options.
i normally get 3 or 4 rips from any of my rdas before i have to redrip.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as far as what i bring into consideration to declare an rda a good one or a bad one, juice well is on the bottom of the list.
it pretty much comes down to flavor and vapor production and how that is in relation to deck capabilities (size) and airflow options.

I've been vaping on this double vision and i really like the fact that I can get like 10-15 pulls before I have to redrip. I mean, I may be over exaggerating...Maybe. but I think it is at least 10. I'll have to let you know when I wake up for the day. Ya know, the whole waking up in the middle of the night thing

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Heat dissipation is pretty important to me, much prefer RDAs with a removable delrin drip tip. one's that are metal and attached to the cap of the RDA will get too hot for me

disley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like the aeronaut, I'm using it right now actually. My 1 negative is it's limited in the builds you can put on it. What i found works best is using some SS316L fused clapton wire. 3 wraps .16ohm and 65 watts. The good is you can put a ton of juice in it and it doesn't leak. You can also just drip down the top to refillt without removing the cap
I like the aeronaut because I'm happy with a single coil.
At the moment my favorite kit is a chowderhead squonker with a BF aeronaut, the clouds and taste are perfect for me.
I use two strand 28g Ti twisted wire, it comes in at .4ohms, with 6 wraps on a 3mm rod @ 35 to 45watts.
The aeronaut has to be the best atty out there for quality build and great performance.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heat dissipation is pretty important to me, much prefer RDAs with a removable delrin drip tip. one's that are metal and attached to the cap of the RDA will get too hot for me
thats another good one, removable drip tips are a must. i like to buy custom brimstone ones from half moon or lawless.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I like the aeronaut because I'm happy with a single coil.
At the moment my favorite kit is a chowderhead squonker with a BF aeronaut, the clouds and taste are perfect for me.
I use two strand 28g Ti twisted wire, it comes in at .4ohms, with 6 wraps on a 3mm rod @ 35 to 45watts.
The aeronaut has to be the best atty out there for quality build and great performance.
IDK about that, has way too many cons to be the best out there IMO

1) Very limited builds
2) "drip tip" is built into the top cap and metal. Aka gets Hot AF on some buils
3)the clamp design could be better. like 1 middle screw. the 2 outside screws get in the way of builds IMO half the clamp is taken by screws
4) no way to really tighten the airflow, even putting in the solid bar wont make much difference. I just use the default ones
5) "only" 22mm deck. coils i make for it are small
6) the "floppy" nature of the bars makes building more difficult then it needs to be

disley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The other atty's in my rotation are a BF goon, and a merlin.
They're ok but I don't get the perfect vape the aeronaut gives me.
I've been using a dripper aeronaut since January, and the BF aeronaut for 3 months.
I've tried lots of various tanks and drippers, but none suited me until I got the aeronaut.
The last atty I used this much was a Lemo 2.
I like a single coil and plenty of airflow, at 35watts it doesn't get hot.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The other atty's in my rotation are a BF goon, and a merlin.
They're ok but I don't get the perfect vape the aeronaut gives me.
I've been using a dripper aeronaut since January, and the BF aeronaut for 3 months.
I've tried lots of various tanks and drippers, but none suited me until I got the aeronaut.
The last atty I used this much was a Lemo 2.
I like a single coil and plenty of airflow, at 35watts it doesn't get hot.
the problem is none of my builds will work with 35 watts. I just don't get the flavor I want. The aeronaut uses my lowest wattage build (due to it's negatives) and i vape it at 65 watts. all my others are in the 80-100 range

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want tall velocity style posts a "so horney" may be for you...i have 7 of them with dual,quad and 6 coil setups..clones are under $15...if the name doesn't put you off then you may want to give them a look..the juice well is pretty deep tooView attachment 60846
View attachment 60847

Happy hunting
Ya know, i started looking at this last night and man do i want one now. At first, I thought it would be too over the top, but after seeing a review and the cloud it kicked out, I'm really into it.

VU Sponsors