Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok guys. I came this close to putting the Brig'd away and going back to the Xeta. Good HEAVENS is this thing a pain to work with. But.... I think I found a solution to the worst part of it. I was afraid to overtighten the main 510 pin which screws into the positive post on top and which the restriction plug screws into on the bottom. If it does what I want from now on, probably 85 or 90% of the hassle is gone.

Decided to try TC for mtl again. Wound up a titanium coil and did some twiddling in Escribe. Once again, all is forgiven because of how great the vape is.
20200611_130835_cr.jpg

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok guys. I came this close to putting the Brig'd away and going back to the Xeta. Good HEAVENS is this thing a pain to work with. But.... I think I found a solution to the worst part of it. I was afraid to overtighten the main 510 pin which screws into the positive post on top and the restriction plug screws into on the bottom. If it does what I want from now on, probably 85 or 90% of the hassle is gone.

Decided to try TC for mtl again. Wound up a titanium coil and did some twiddling in Escribe. Once again, all is forgiven because of how great the vape is.
View attachment 162913
Eh, you should probably just ditch it :wait::D:D:D:D:D

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fresh coil and fresh juice. (juice is meh)

afb108fec834be2547863995ff25cbe8.jpg

77f664f4bdc8ba3d4efc70f400014394.jpg

afbde2a2eaf21a83c3bd2f66bc2c5e2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could never get my exocet to wick. Dry hits every time. I sold it like a year ago
Yeah, the Exocet is not all that forgiving on wicking. I wound up getting a good rdtl vape out of it, but it took some doing. It does have a fine line between gurgling/leaking and dry hits.

I have the deck inserts for the Vapeshell and i do plan to get back to it. I liked it, but I got too much stuff at once and then got more. There's only so much time to experiment with everything.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the Exocet is not all that forgiving on wicking. I wound up getting a good rdtl vape out of it, but it took some doing. It does have a fine line between gurgling/leaking and dry hits.

I have the deck inserts for the Vapeshell. i do plan to get back to it. I liked it, but I got too much stuff at once and then got more. There's only so much time to experiment with everything.
I feel ya. I haven't gotten anything billet box related in a long time. I have so much already except for bridges. Thought about ordering the vapesnail or bridged (the panda one?) But then I tell myself I don't really need it. That combined with China craziness.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For $15 more and USPS would take longer than DHL lol
You sure about that? I've heard even DHL has been delayed as of late.
I thought about saying something about the price in the post, but thought better of it. It annoys me when people do shit like that on my sales posts. Didn't take long for someone else to point it out, though lol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DHL is no shipping Panacea right now. My last one took 16 days. Although Dovpo got me that Blotto Mini in like 6 days with DHL.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How ya gonna hang out in here all the time and not have one yourself? :rolleyes:

It won't do. I'm thinking how much more fun this thread will be if you had one too.

Have to land a Dober or RPG... rather get a used one anyway...cheaper.

Except you have those yahoos on FB... 2017 rrp 264...selling with a bunch of crap for $500...

Plain Jane please...tyvm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to land a Dober or RPG... rather get a used one anyway...cheaper.

Except you have those yahoos on FB... 2017 rrp 264...selling with a bunch of crap for $500...

Plain Jane please...tyvm
Even the clones are nowhere to be found again. Not at reasonable clone prices anyway. I don't know if any other single vape product sells better than Billet Box stuff.

The used authentics I've seen on Reddit lately are WELL north of 200 bucks too. Sometimes 300.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't up to any Olympic gasket changing tonight. Stuck a SS430 build in there and created a profile for it in Escribe. Easier than I thought. As long as you have the 6 digit base TCR for the material.

Figured I'd join the shell game for a minute.
20200612_005718_cr.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel ya. I haven't gotten anything billet box related in a long time. I have so much already except for bridges. Thought about ordering the vapesnail or bridged (the panda one?) But then I tell myself I don't really need it. That combined with China craziness.
I think you would like both of those. especially the Bridg'd, but then again, I thought you'd like the Xeta too :wait:

You can get the Bridg'd from Canada, but it's a chunk more money. The Vapesnail is sold out.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you would like both of those. especially the Bridg'd, but then again, I thought you'd like the Xeta too :wait:

You can get the Bridg'd from Canada, but it's a chunk more money. The Vapesnail is sold out.
Yeah the bridg'd looks similar to the vapeshell but I like that it has actual deck posts instead of screws

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So joined the list for Trevor on the Dvarw MTL 24 and won a guaranteed spot on the list... but so did he LOL

If anyone wants in on it, I can order what you want and have it shipped directly to you...otherwise I'll let it fade and forget about it... ANYHOO!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Same boat for me on the Snail and Bridg'd. I think I want and would like both, but honestly wouldn't change a thing about the Shell for me, so been a really tough sell.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Entire BB collection, accessories included, less that 10 months of smokes and slop ;):)

Oh I know ;)

never smoked cigarettes, but cigars... man I was all in on those... fucking drooling thinking about one now lol

It would sicken you all if you knew how much I spent on those...

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never liked the nugget either but I saw one decked out in ultem and thought it was pretty snazzy lol

Yeah, I have seen some really good looking ones, just not my choice. I think any color BB can be made good looking, probably why I can't stop buying them lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I know ;)

never smoked cigarettes, but cigars... man I was all in on those... fucking drooling thinking about one now lol

Oh I could believe it. Those can be ungodly expensive.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I have seen some really good looking ones, just not my choice. I think any color BB can be made good looking, probably why I can't stop buying them lol
If I was rich is probably have them all lol.

I've been doing house or car repairs for over a month now and still have a list. Been insane.

Tomorrow I'm replacing two 60x36 windows in the house. I'm worried too because the brand I have to get has bad reviews but it's the only window I could find in stock. Fuck it, YOLO

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I know ;)

Man, I used to love a good Partagas Black Label or a La Gloria Serie R.
Even got to enjoy a Cuban Cohiba once.
I was mostly a Maduro guy.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I was rich is probably have them all lol.

I've been doing house or car repairs for over a month now and still have a list. Been insane.

Tomorrow I'm replacing two 60x36 windows in the house. I'm worried too because the brand I have to get has bad reviews but it's the only window I could find in stock. Fuck it, YOLO

I hear ya. Luckily Covid hasn't affected my income, yet..... And stores are closed so wife can't spend, so BB's for me :D:D When they open back up, I'm FUBAR'D :facepalm:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya. Luckily Covid hasn't affected my income, yet..... And stores are closed so wife can't spend, so BB's for me :D:D When they open back up, I'm FUBAR'D :facepalm:
Lol we need another stimulus check! All mine went to car parts.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man, I used to love a good Partagas Black Label or a La Gloria Serie R.
Even got to enjoy a Cuban Cohiba once.
I was mostly a Maduro guy.

I absolutely love Maduros

I do have to say, the RomaCraft Cromagnon’s are a great Maduro for the price point ($8-10)

But my absolute favorite is this
bd13fd42ec4a380c8af5f1753ee45ca0.plist

I gave my brother in law a box of these when he married my sis, had one at the wedding with his best man... honestly just took it from my stash and gave it to him cause I didn’t get a gift for the wedding

Was a good night... his best man turned green cause they are power houses on the nic side... had to give him sugar so he wouldn’t be nauseous (cigar smokers trick for getting nic sick, eat a spoon of sugar)

Wife says I can have a cigar... I just choose not to, cause one will lead to 50 and then 5000 again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I absolutely love Maduros

I do have to say, the RomaCraft Cromagnon’s are a great Maduro for the price point ($8-10)

But my absolute favorite is this
bd13fd42ec4a380c8af5f1753ee45ca0.plist

I gave my brother in law a box of these when he married my sis, had one at the wedding with his best man... honestly just took it from my stash and gave it to him cause I didn’t get a gift for the wedding

Was a good night... his best man turned green cause they are power houses on the nic side... had to give him sugar so he wouldn’t be nauseous (cigar smokers trick for getting nic sick, eat a spoon of sugar)

Wife says I can have a cigar... I just choose not to, cause one will lead to 50 and then 5000 again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I've never had the opportunity to try those but they sound amazing. My wife gifted me an Opus X once for Father's Day... really good, but I didn't think it lived up to the hype.
A buddy of mine and I used to hit the local cigar bar weekly. Upmann, Fuente Short Story, Alec Bradley, Ghurka, CAO were all in regular rotation haha. Miss those pre-kid days

VU Sponsors