Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Save your money and get Troy's.

I find the wide open tweakings I have perfect... mimics the NarDa and that is my vape.

The one I got from Troy is a tad more restricted than I like...but works great.

I would rather own 2 of Troy's again... than another Tweakings.
Thank you for the kind words sir!

I try to keep my cost competitive :)

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True story...
Last week when it was time to rewick my RBAs i decided to be lazy and just threw in ssocc 0.5ohms. I'm honestly pretty happy.

Just throwing that out there

Now I've got 2 Nautilus bridges on the way. Need to test that .7ohm again... My vape style has definitely changed since i moved to the BBs.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay so my hybrid tip and button set arrived today and I need some advice from those more experienced than I.

I'm getting No Atomizer when I use the new tip. Everything is tight and know the atty is making contact with the pin. Boro is in nice and tight.

Thought I remembered reading the nut acts as the negative contact or something to that effect. Any pointers?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay so my hybrid tip and button set arrived today and I need some advice from those more experienced than I.

I'm getting No Atomizer when I use the new tip. Everything is tight and know the atty is making contact with the pin. Boro is in nice and tight.

Thought I remembered reading the nut acts as the negative contact or something to that effect. Any pointers?

O-ring to large?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, I got the Aspire BVC bridge....I think it was for the Nautilus coils, but not so! Now, what BVC coils do I need to buy???? I'm guessing the ones for the K1, CE5S ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, I got the Aspire BVC bridge....I think it was for the Nautilus coils, but not so! Now, what BVC coils do I need to buy???? I'm guessing the ones for the K1, CE5S ?

I thought the Nat bridge was for Nat style coils ( Longer ) including the BVC Nats.
upload_2018-5-31_15-3-14.png

and the Aspire Bridge was for BVC styled like this...

upload_2018-5-31_15-5-22.png

Even on BBV they show the above style coils....

upload_2018-5-31_15-6-14.png

and again for the Nat bridge for Amnistique... shows this...

upload_2018-5-31_15-7-34.png

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the Nat bridge was for Nat style coils ( Longer ) including the BVC Nats.
View attachment 112667

and the Aspire Bridge was for BVC styled like this...

View attachment 112668

Even on BBV they show the above style coils....

View attachment 112669

and again for the Nat bridge for Amnistique... shows this...

View attachment 112670
Well, crap! I better get some of them other coils, I found a couple of unopened packs of Nautilus coils and thunk I was done. What I really wanted was the bridge for Nautilus coils, I really like the Triton mini clapton coils.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It arrived but i need a new tip and it came with a plug not sure what kind or if it came from troy
86e88731d0bd7c6cd80e75afbab2ed52.jpg
9c372f33fa4fd9fb2b21cb75c54af4f9.jpg
d0698b8b3415c6fc3c16272310f86c56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I rewicked the VS yesterday and tried something a little different. I cut my cotton along the corners of the deck so that they came to a point then I lightly placed them in the chamber.

First tank full and I vapes it completely dry. I'm on my second and I should be able to report by the end of the day how that goes. Showing promise so far

After more than a dozen attempts, I too finally found that this is the best wicking method for the VS.

More wick than that is dry hit city for me, and it looks like it is too little wick, but its not, similar also to the Insider, where also you need only a minimal fluff of wick just beyond the ends of your coils or you will also get dry hits.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So real question: Would you guys rather fill say, a Pico Squeeze bottle, or the BB tank? I guess I'm basically asking, is the BB a pain in the ass to refill?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So real question: Would you guys rather fill say, a Pico Squeeze bottle, or the BB tank? I guess I'm basically asking, is the BB a pain in the ass to refill?
Ah ha you coming to the dark side as well? Just bought a BB this morning

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Refilling the BB tank is nearly effortless, you just pop off the magnetic side panel, slide the glass down, dump the juice in, close the glass by sliding it up and pop the magnetic panel back on and then vape away.

Unscrewing and replacing the top of a tank seems like chore now compared to refilling the BB.

Also, if you are willing to build ~1.0 Ohm and vape @ ~20w, you are not going to be burning juice and battery nearly as fast as a squonker nor a sub-ohm tank.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I can fill the bb faster than I can fill the pico bottle with or without the use of a refill bottle.

Imagine using a 30ml normal bottle of juice in a top fill rta...open cap(slide glass down) fill, close cap(glass) and done...Vape on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting development in the new hybrid tip story.

Put it on after work and got it register a resistance reading... 0.2 ohms higher than normal. Decided to fire it bc I'm a glutton for punishment.

It yelled at me. SHORT.

Put the normal Boro nut in and it's vaping just fine. Wtf?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting development in the new hybrid tip story.

Put it on after work and got it register a resistance reading... 0.2 ohms higher than normal. Decided to fire it bc I'm a glutton for punishment.

It yelled at me. SHORT.

Put the normal Boro nut in and it's vaping just fine. Wtf?

did you change the O-ring? and where did said Hybrid come from?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did you change the O-ring? and where did said Hybrid come from?
I didn't change it yet.

I got from Freddy as US Modz. He's going to message me later.

I'm going to try my Exocet and see if it just doesn't like the VapeShell.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't change it yet.

I got from Freddy as US Modz. He's going to message me later.

I'm going to try my Exocet and see if it just doesn't like the VapeShell.

I bet its a cunt hair to long and pressing the VS down farther than it should ( Hybrid ) and maybe a smaller o-ring might allow the key to fit in the chimney better to not force it down?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
haven't looked at how the VS positive pin is ( Floating or not) and might be the reason?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet its a cunt hair to long and pressing the VS down farther than it should ( Hybrid ) and maybe a smaller o-ring might allow the key to fit in the chimney better to not force it down?
It's got a pretty thick one on it now but I'm going to go through my crap to see if I have a smaller one.
haven't looked at how the VS positive pin is ( Floating or not) and might be the reason?
The pin isn't floating but it is hollow with threading inside to acre onto the 510 adapter.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I knew about those for a bit... been sold out for a while ;)
I damn near bought a YFTK clone but I rethought that, I think @jmoney426 was saying there is a rumor the soon (I hope) to be released SXK BB has a USB port so I guess I'll wait a bit longer. I will wait and see if a Fawkes pops up on Saturday...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I damn near bought a YFTK clone but I rethought that, I think @jmoney426 was saying there is a rumor the soon (I hope) to be released SXK BB has a USB port so I guess I'll wait a bit longer. I will wait and see if a Fawkes pops up on Saturday...
There was a group buy for them in the Boolin Box North America FB group. Not sure if it's still going on or not.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was a group buy for them in the Boolin Box North America FB group. Not sure if it's still going on or not.

I don't have an FB account, I'm afraid to have one:confused: :kickbutt: <--My wife would do that to me!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figured the drip tip problem out. There's two issues.
1. The bottom diameter of the drip tip doesn't make contact with the chimney of the VapeShell.
2. Bc of the this the drip tip needs to bottom out on the chimney to make contact, but bc of the diameter of the actual drip tip is wider than the hole for the 510 nut it won't screw down any further.

Make sense? So I put a tiny strip of copper over the positive pin of the BB. It's working now but I'll probably wind up returning it unfortunately.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Package status: In transit
Destination: Australia
2018-05-29 17:53 US-84402, UNITED STATES, Received by overseas carrier
Origin: United States
2018-05-31 00:00 In Transit to Next Facility, The item is currently in transit to the next facility as of May 31, 2018.
2018-05-30 23:49 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 22:38 SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 21:07 SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 15:35 RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 06:50 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119, Departed USPS Facility
2018-05-30 02:10 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119, Arrived at USPS Facility
2018-05-30 01:59 SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-29 19:08 SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-29 17:53 OGDEN, UT 84402, Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
2018-05-28 08:12 OGDEN, UT 84402, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
======================================