Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to keep up with this thread. New posts and reading from the beginning. Lol made it to post 660 so far.whew

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I just jumped in the middle and went from there! Now waiting for @troydestroy to let us know then the plugs are ready:wave: I've been using my BB unplugged as it were, but thanks to the folks here I knew to put a bit of lint free paper towel behind the tank:cheers:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just jumped in the middle and went from there! Now waiting for @troydestroy to let us know then the plugs are ready:wave: I've been using my BB unplugged as it were, but thanks to the folks here I knew to put a bit of lint free paper towel behind the tank:cheers:
Yea I figured what better than inside information. I can't trust anyone else to tell me what's good. The just wanna sell it. Enough reading and I know what I need to research instead of a broad spectrum. Plus it was definitely worth the read back to see some of the panels and buttons.

Edit: Just want to clarify I trust you guys with the insider info. Its the reviewers on YouTube and store front reps like some companies have. I trust my shady ass cat more than them.

Last edited:

onitsuj

Member For 4 Years
Been super busy with teaching this spring but thought I’d say hello and include a little update.

Still in a long term relationship with my MF Bridge (Vaporesso EUC .5 Clapton’s)

Just met my new JMK stainless steel threaded drip tip today. Super nice though.

F5X1 Custom Panels (My design plus some discussion for windows)

All Star Custom Creations Condensation Plug (didn’t realize how much it mattered till we entered each other’s life.

Only thing that could replace my daily driver would be a full ultem billet box and even then we would have to discuss how both would share time with me.
1aedd32408c5d33a2248c4b61abafe4a.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been super busy with teaching this spring but thought I’d say hello and include a little update.

Still in a long term relationship with my MF Bridge (Vaporesso EUC .5 Clapton’s)

Just met my new JMK stainless steel threaded drip tip today. Super nice though.

F5X1 Custom Panels (My design plus some discussion for windows)

All Star Custom Creations Condensation Plug (didn’t realize how much it mattered till we entered each other’s life.

Only thing that could replace my daily driver would be a full ultem billet box and even then we would have to discuss how both would share time with me.
1aedd32408c5d33a2248c4b61abafe4a.jpg
Wolverine! Awesome!

Sorry, I was just so proud of myself for still being able to read katakana. Not that the pic wasn't a dead giveaway lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Interesting that a clone vapeshell could be that much different from the authentic given that the overall design is rather simple. Personally, I have not encountered a single issue with mine, wicks very consistently, never dry and I never have flooding, or any overflow from the 510 for that matter. To me, the Atmizoo Vapeshell is basically the Kayfun prime in a pod system. Again my only gripe is the process of wick/coil changing which requires a few extra steps, but fortunately, its something I don't need to do often since the juice I use is mostly unflavored.

Two friends of mine also use the Atimizoo VS, one wide open and another uses my leftover MTL disc that he drilled out to same diameter as the one I'm currently using. The wide open build uses one of the lower resistance fancy coils, the other is built in somewhere between mine and the wide open draw, neither of them have wicking or build issues as well.
Thanks for your input. Maybe there's still hope that one day I will be satisfied with mine.

Had to set it aside for now. Project for another day. :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So something I noticed about the SXK VapeShell is that there doesn't seem to be enough clearance between the bottom of the shell and the bottom of the Boro.

I notice air bubbles struggling to come out of the juice flow holes and if I tilt the BB they seem to come free.

I really can't think of a solution to this other than getting a tighter draw with either the MTL inserts (who knows if the authentic fit as SXK doesn't offer them yet) or some sort of airflow restricting condensation plug.

Also I'm using 60vg/40pg juice so viscosity shouldn't be an issue.

Hope this helps those struggling a bit somehow.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So something I noticed about the SXK VapeShell is that there doesn't seem to be enough clearance between the bottom of the shell and the bottom of the Boro.

I notice air bubbles struggling to come out of the juice flow holes and if I tilt the BB they seem to come free.

I really can't think of a solution to this other than getting a tighter draw with either the MTL inserts (who knows if the authentic fit as SXK doesn't offer them yet) or some sort of airflow restricting condensation plug.

Also I'm using 60vg/40pg juice so viscosity shouldn't be an issue.

Hope this helps those struggling a bit somehow.

I like the looks of the VS... the Deck...but even if I was able to grab an authentic for <$70 I wouldn't. It seems one of those RBAs that is either hit or miss with a lot of folk, and I know I'd be that fucker who it just wouldn't rock about with it. Same with the Insider...its a really good vape, truly...just not my vape.

Exocet though...that has me happy...dog eared silly looking... fuck it, dont care... its covered by panels ;) I didn't have to muck about making coils trying to find a vape... first coil in and its rocking.

I still think that the VS has a major design flaw with the holes being at the bottom...could of achieved the same with the holes on the sides, the aesthetics would of been the same.. juice flow less restricted.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the looks of the VS... the Deck...but even if I was able to grab an authentic for <$70 I wouldn't. It seems one of those RBAs that is either hit or miss with a lot of folk, and I know I'd be that fucker who it just wouldn't rock about with it. Same with the Insider...its a really good vape, truly...just not my vape.

Exocet though...that has me happy...dog eared silly looking... fuck it, dont care... its covered by panels ;) I didn't have to muck about making coils trying to find a vape... first coil in and its rocking.

I still think that the VS has a major design flaw with the holes being at the bottom...could of achieved the same with the holes on the sides, the aesthetics would of been the same.. juice flow less restricted.
I'd say get the VapeShell authentic, get pissed with it, and sell it to me :vino:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So something I noticed about the SXK VapeShell is that there doesn't seem to be enough clearance between the bottom of the shell and the bottom of the Boro....

One thing I noticed that you can do with the VS and a few of the other BB attys, is that once you screw in the 510 key at the top, you can take a small flat-head screwdriver, and insert it betw the top of the boro tank and the metal part where the 510 key screws in, and gently wedge the boro tank DOWN, about maybe 1-2mm, and by doing so, you create a small gap betw the bottom of the VS and the inside bottom edge of the boro tank.

This may alleviate your concern with the wicking.

After I had drilled out the holes a little larger, on one of my SXK VS attys, it wicked a lot better, and I saw several tiny, maybe 2mm dia bubbles come up from the bottom after every pull.

This bubbling also seemed to improve even more, with that small amount of sliding the boro DOWN as mentioned above.

You can try this with no ill effects, just be gentle with the screwdriver when you pry the boro DOWNwards, so that you dont scratch the metal of the BB nor mar the top of the delrin on your boro tank.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
...Exocet though...that has me happy...dog eared silly looking... fuck it, dont care... its covered by panels ;) I didn't have to muck about making coils trying to find a vape... first coil in and its rocking...

One of the things I really like about the Exocet is that the wicking is very very forgiving.

Geekay has a video tutorial on the Exocet, Insider, and Bastard Coil attys:

Exocet:

Insider:

Bastard:

One thing I found with regard to the Exocet is that if you are using a thinner dia coil, and therefore thinner amt of cotton, it is almost crucial to slightly rotate the barrel about 5 degrees, so as to sort of pinch the wicks at an almost 90 degree angle to the center of the coil itself, and this helps with flooding and gurgling.

After you rotate the barrel, then you press it down over the o-ring.

With a 2.5mm or 3mm build and wicked tight, this may not be a concern, but with 2mm coils and smaller, I found it absolutely necessary otherwise the coil gets flooded rather easily, even with 100%VG juice.

This works because the rotation of the barrel helps to seal off the juice slots once the cotton expands.

Also Jai Haze has a tutorial for the VapeShell:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of the things I really like about the Exocet is that the wicking is very very forgiving.

Geekay has a video tutorial on the Exocet, Insider, and Bastard Coil attys:

Exocet:

Insider:

Bastard:

One thing I found with regard to the Exocet is that if you are using a thinner dia coil, and therefore thinner amt of cotton, it is almost crucial to slightly rotate the barrel about 5 degrees, so as to sort of pinch the wicks at an almost 90 degree angle to the center of the coil itself, and this helps with flooding and gurgling.

After you rotate the barrel, then you press it down over the o-ring.

With a 2.5mm or 3mm build and wicked tight, this may not be a concern, but with 2mm coils and smaller, I found it absolutely necessary otherwise the coil gets flooded rather easily, even with 100%VG juice.

This works because the rotation of the barrel helps to seal off the juice slots once the cotton expands.

Also Jai Haze has a tutorial for the VapeShell:

Thanks... Playing with coils today in the Exocet...

The first coil I slapped in and was vaping really good was a simple round 26g KA1 3mm 1.05Ω ... now I slapped in a 2.5mm 28x2x40 N80 6/7 wrap .52Ω and its vaping really well. 3mm didn't look like it would fit well enough or risk... Have another 30x2x40 2.5mm made up that I might stick in later.

So far the Exocet is 2/2 on coils that vape well for me and I am happy with either... and neither is getting the BB warm...

I'll probably stow the 30.2x40 for another day and try a simple spaced coil next... Simple 26g KA1 3mm 5/6 wrap spaced for .8Ω

No wicking issues... able to chain vape at 30w but its a REALLY warm vape and not my liking... so settled in at 20w and its really good.

Now if only someone would buy my Insider so I can buy the Doggy lol ;)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
long way to go

May 30, 2018, 6:50 am
Departed USPS Facility
WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119
Your item departed our USPS facility in WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119 on May 30, 2018 at 6:50 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
May 30, 2018, 2:10 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
May 30, 2018, 1:59 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 29, 2018, 7:08 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
May 29, 2018, 5:53 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
OGDEN, UT 84402
May 28, 2018, 8:12 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
OGDEN, UT 84402

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
long way to go

May 30, 2018, 6:50 am
Departed USPS Facility
Your item departed our USPS facility in WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119 on May 30, 2018 at 6:50 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
May 30, 2018, 2:10 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
May 30, 2018, 1:59 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
May 29, 2018, 7:08 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
May 29, 2018, 5:53 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
OGDEN, UT 84402
May 28, 2018, 8:12 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
OGDEN, UT 84402

Probably still faster than Slowtech!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I am cruising ole FaceSlut and I come across this...

upload_2018-5-30_16-24-19.png

I get the matchy... truly :sarcasm:

Maybe at home its stealth :Shrug

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't someone just get one a while back they talked about selling? I can never remember who but.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
are any insider or vape shell users also rayon wickers?

and rob fisher suggests after building vape shell, to poke the wicks up slightly from the bottom, through wick holes to leave a slight gap? thoughts?

i don't think my BB has reached an international airport yet, but is in CA, so soon

meanwhile, ft order from a day or two before is in sydney since tuesday

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anybody ordered the YFTK DNA 60 BB yet?
Just ordered one from 3F. I was planning on ordering from FT, but 3F has the 24hr shipping status whereas FT was 7 business days. Hopefully I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.
isn't the sxk $20 cheaper? is there an issue with it
The YFTK version is a DNA 60.

The SXK with the 70W Ares chip is $20 cheaper but the SXK DNA 60 version is $30ish dollars more.

Rumor has it that SXK is releasing a DNA 60 with a USB port in the button panel, but no one knows when it will be released and it will probably be sold at the $129 price point.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered one from 3F. I was planning on ordering from FT, but 3F has the 24hr shipping status whereas FT was 7 business days. Hopefully I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. The YFTK version is a DNA 60.

The SXK with the 70W Ares chip is $20 cheaper but the SXK DNA 60 version is $30ish dollars more.

Rumor has it that SXK is releasing a DNA 60 with a USB port in the button panel, but no one knows when it will be released and it will probably be sold at the $129 price point.

If rumors are right, the USB connection would be worth waiting for since you'd be able to use eScribe and load your own profiles.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered one from 3F. I was planning on ordering from FT, but 3F has the 24hr shipping status whereas FT was 7 business days. Hopefully I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. The YFTK version is a DNA 60.

Yes, I've seen these. Theres a group by on Facebook (or there was, dunno if still going)

I've settled nicely with ka1 or SS in power mode. SS just pisses me off in TC...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't it make sense to order at least a couple? I figure since you need to clean and soak the plug in alcohol, then wait for it to dry, you either have to wait or vapresso on something else. BTW, how often do you need to clean it up?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't it make sense to order at least a couple? I figure since you need to clean and soak the plug in alcohol, then wait for it to dry, you either have to wait or vapresso on something else. BTW, how often do you need to clean it up?

I have 2, one from Troy and one from tweakings...I clean mine, then use a blow dryer or my plug in air duster and its dry in about 30 secs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2, one from Troy and one from tweakings...I clean mine, then use a blow dryer or my plug in air duster and its dry in about 30 secs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want one of the Tweakings AFC plugs, but every place I've looked at is sold out :gaah::cuss2:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want one of the Tweakings AFC plugs, but every place I've looked at is sold out :gaah::cuss2:

Save your money and get Troy's.

I find the wide open tweakings I have perfect... mimics the NarDa and that is my vape.

The one I got from Troy is a tad more restricted than I like...but works great.

I would rather own 2 of Troy's again... than another Tweakings.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rewicked the VS yesterday and tried something a little different. I cut my cotton along the corners of the deck so that they came to a point then I lightly placed them in the chamber.

First tank full and I vapes it completely dry. I'm on my second and I should be able to report by the end of the day how that goes. Showing promise so far

VU Sponsors